SUPERMAN

THE MISERABLE FAMILY LIFE OF EXO

"Okay since Eomma's not here right now we would be the ones to go grocery shopping!" Baekhyun said, voice a decibel higher than usual. He's trying to sound very energetic despite the lack of sleep and rest. His wife went to Daegu to take care of her ill father and he was left to fend for the kids alone. Before he thinks it is an easy job, to stay in the house and look after the children without much of his help, now he knows that this is not something to joke about. Being a parent is really very overly underrated. He hates himself.

"Appa, can I buy ice cream when we stop there?" His three year old son, Baekwon was a little taller and smarter for his age, mom's genes, but he's also very stubborn and temperamental, still mom's genes. Baekhyun looks at the two of them, Baekyoung, one year old is poorly wrapped in a bundle of clothes. He admits he isn't very meticulous. While the older Baekwon sits beside his sister, one arm over her stomach, hugging her tightly so she won't fall. Baekhyun considers the request for a moment.

"No. Ice cream is bad for your teeth." But actually he just didn't know what to do if the boy ever spilled his ice cream all over himself, his sister, his father, the car and the floor. Baekhyun decides it's too much burden and it's much easier to just say no. But of course he doesn't know anything about children much less about children wanting ice cream, or whatever something they want, because the moment he said no Baekwon started throwing tantrums. Like said, he's very temperamental. Baekhyun likes to blame it on the child's mother but really, who isn't a sass?

--------------------------------------

One hour after disembarking the car, the Byun family-- minus one, is already pushing a huge cart of groceries across the parking lot. Baekyoung sits inside the cart, positioned as if she's guarding the paper bags piled inside. Baekwon's still throwing a fit. Pretty damn determined.

So here's how it looks like. The father is pushing the huge cart, the son trailing behind-- stomping his feet and stopping every once in a while, the daughter is inside the cart. It isn't a very pretty sight, and to anyone who sees, they would think Baekhyun is not being a good dad.

When Baekwon saw that they are nearing their car, he started being a little more determined meaning he collapses on the ground, feet kicking and thrashing. Baekhyun wants to shout at him, but of course he cannot do that. He releases his grip on the cart and went over to where his son is. He stoops down to look at his child's face, so alike his own, even the way his eyebrows crease because of anger, or exhaustion, or both. He sighs and prepares himself for a long father-to-son heart-to-heart talk.

"You know you're a big boy already, and big boys don't go around crying and being hard to handle. When Appa say you won't get to buy an ice cream it means you won't. Do you understand?" But his cries became louder and louder. Baekhyun's anger is rising above the surface.

"WHEN EOMMA COMES BACK I WILL TELL HER THAT YOU DON'T LOVE ME!" The noise became insufferable for Baekhyun. His angry shrieks and repeated mention of his role combined with metal scraping, horn honking and tires screeching became too much for him to handle. He turns his head back to where the cart is located only to find it no longer there. Baekhyun frantically search the whole area but it is really nowhere to be found. Another car coming into an abrupt halt caught Baekhyun's attention, and there it goes.

The cart is speeding towards the exit of the parking lot, towards the busy highway outside. He forgot that they are in a slope. He starts running for the cart, willing to reach it before it's out. His daughter's inside. But he looked back at his son sitting on the ground. If he would follow the cart that means he has to leave his son there.  He's still way too short to be seen by a driver maneuvering. But Baekyoung! He doesn't know what to do. It should be repeated that Baekhyun doesn't know anything about taking care of children so he's caught up between who he wants to save, not really thinking that he could do both. Carry Baekwon maybe and run to Baekyoung, but no, it's not in Baekhyun's mind. Right now he's Superman deciding if he should run for Lois or for Jason.

In his complete confusion, a guard went over to Baekyoung and pushed the cart back to safety. Another guard went to Baekwon and gave him an ice pop, silencing him. Needless to say, Baekhyun saved no one and even got a good long scolding.

But his children are safe, even though he's still deciding on the way he should tell his wife about this.