HONEY I THINK WE FORGOT SOMETHING

THE MISERABLE FAMILY LIFE OF EXO

Yixing and his wife went to the supermarket to buy some groceries needed for the party preparation, since no one would be left to take care of their six month old baby, they decided to bring him with them.

"Uh... honey, I think Yingjie pooped all over his nappy now. It's kind of smelly." Yixing said as they were going back to the car. His wife didn't quite heard what he said, well, sort of.

"Hey, honey, I forgot to buy barbecue sauce. I would just head back to the grocery store and pick it up. I'll be quick, I promise." Yixing's wife kissed him and headed back inside, leaving Yixing to fend for the smelly little Yingjie.

"Okay, son. Let's go and get you a fresh pair of diaper." Yixing carried his son, opened the door of the passenger's seat and lay the baby there. He proceeded on changing the diaper and put the kid back in the stroller just beside the car. That's when his wife came back with two bottles of barbecue sauce.

"I'm done. We can go now." She sat on the passenger's seat and closed the door while Yixing went over to the driver's side and started the engine. Soon, they left the parking lot.

And yeah, their baby behind.

 

 

Five minutes into driving, Yixing was constantly bothered by something flying in and out of his mind. But somehow, he totally forgot about whatever was it something that he totally forgot.

"Honey did you changed Yingjie's diaper already? You know, he might develop rashes if it was left untended for too long."

Shoot.

"Uh... honey, I think we forgot something." Yixing bites his bottom lip, trying to find a U-Turn area.

"Did you forgot to change Yingjie's nappy? It's okay, it probably can wait until we get home."

"No, honey. This one can't wait. Truth be told, I forgot our son in the parking lot."

"Oh, it's alright. We'll fix this when we get hom-- WHAT THE ACTUAL ZHANG YIXING  YOU FORGOT YOUR OWN SON? OH GOD WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? GO BACK! GO BACK GO BACK!" She started tapping the dashboard with her panicky fingers.

"I'm trying! I'll find a way back!"

"OKAY OKAY DO IT FAST. OH GOD. MY BABY'S IN THERE ALONE! ZHANG YIXING YOU MORON, I SWEAR TO ALL THE GODS IN THE OLYMPUS I WOULD KILL YOU IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS TO MY SON."

"But he's my son also!"

"AND IT'S YOUR FAULT ALSO, IN CASE YOU FORGOT ALREADY!"

"CALM DOWN CALM DOWN! I FORGOT WHERE WE PARKED EARLIER!"

"I'LL TELL YOU WHERE. GO STRAIGHT. AND PARK RIGHT THERE-- OH GOD, NO. HE'S NOT HERE ANYMORE! I SWEAR ZHANG YIXING I WOULD FEED YOU TO THE DOGS OF HELL! GO FIND MY SON, YOU DUMMY!  He's not here, oh my god, he's not here. Where did he go, oh my god." While his wife was caught in hysterics, Yixing decided to climb out of the car and probably talk to some of the folks hanging round here.

"Mister, can I ask if you perhaps saw a navy blue stroller over that parking space? My son's in there, and due to some circumstances, we have left him behind." The mister nodded.

"Ah so the kid's your son? If you wanted to see him, you should probably go to the police station. Many police officers went here earlier, also a number of fire trucks, search and rescue team, the bomb safety squad and also some tv reporters." Yixing's eye twitched.

"Are you really sure? I don't think that many authorities are necessary."

"Yah! You left your kid in that stroller in the middle of a parking lot in a huge supermarket. Anyone who sees it would think it was some bomb, or a terrorism paraphernalia. You shouldn't do that again, you moron. Leaving your son behind like that." The guy slapped his arm several times with the glove he's holding while constantly murmuring how parents these days weren't as responsible as they used to before.

"Thank you, sir. This would never happen again, I promise." Yixing bowed and mumbled, "You worked hard."

"Well, you surely don't!" The guy snapped at him before turning away.

--------------------------------------

Yixing sighs as he lets his body slumped on the soft cushion of his sofa. It was a very long and tiring and embarassing day for him. When they got to the police station earlier, the police officers lectured him on how he should always keep an eye on his son, respect other people and do everything he can not to waste their time, and take care of his family so none of this could ever happen again ("because that's what a man do, son") for good three hours before letting the both of them sign the papers that proves they are really the parents of Zhang Yingjie as stated on the boy's blanket, and letting them all lose. Of course, since it was his fault, he took complete responsibility on what happened being the gentleman and good family man that he is.

"Honey..." Before Yixing even got the chance to close his eyes and relax, he heard his wife calling him.

"Yes honey?"

"I think Yingjie pooped all over himself. Could you change his diaper?"