HOW WAS I MADE?

THE MISERABLE FAMILY LIFE OF EXO

"Appa! Appa!" Minseok's daughter came up to him while he was drinking coffee this morning.

"Yes, sweetie?" He puts down the cup of coffee on the dining table, picking up his four year old daughter.

"Appa, how am I made?" Minseok almost choke, glancing at his wife for help. When she looked at him with those eyes that foretold pain, he knew he couldn't say that she was made because they were both one night.

"Uhm... Actually... How would I say it?"He was totally lost. He doesn't know how to explain it to her. Oh such an innocent heart, those huge innocent eyes!

"You--"

"Appa, am I made from rice? Was I made because Eomma ate rice and it sticked together and formed a baby inside her tummy?" Minseok was shocked but chuckled anyway.

"Yes. You are made from rice. An incredibly sticky rice!"

"Then if Eomma ate many rice, she will have another baby and then I will have a baby sibling." She looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, baby."

"Then she would have another baby soon, because she's always eating many many rice!"

Minseok looked over at her wife and knew that he would be dead if he agreed.

"Uh, sweetie... I don't think you should say that, you know, in front of your mom..."

"Minseul, go to your room now." Minseok's wife calmly retorts. His daughter climbs down from his lap and went to her room. He looked at her wife's angry eyes and slowly picked up the newspaper he was previously reading, though he was already finished with it, and opened it to a random page, covering his face.

"Let's talk, Kim Minseok." He flinched because of the unnecessary mention of his full name. He put the newspaper down and smiled, the brightest he can give.

"What do you want to talk about, honey?"

"Let's talk about the thing that Minseul shouldn't say in front of me."

--------------------------------------

The telephone on the living room rang. Actually, it was ringing for quite a time already. Minseul went over to it and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Minseul. This is Uncle Joonmyeon. Where's your Appa?"

"He's in the kitchen with Eomma."

"Oh I see. Can you call him? And what's that banging sound on the background?"

"I'll go get him, Uncle."

 

/a few seconds passed/

 

"Uncle he's busy with Eomma. I think they are playing."

"What are they playing? OH MY GOD WHAT'S THAT CRASHING JUST NOW?"

"Don't worry uncle. That's just Eomma and Appa. They are playing wrestling. I think Eomma's hitting Appa's head on the kitchen wall now. Is there something you want me to tell Appa, Uncle Joonmyeon?"