THE BEST KIDS IN TOWN

THE MISERABLE FAMILY LIFE OF EXO

Jongdae's children are the best in town. They are fraternal twins. They don't really look alike with Joie de Vivre having a rounder face than Joie de L'Amour, and maybe the latter looks more like Jongdae and the former looks more like his wife, but who would know? Twins look alike even if they don't. Nonetheless, they always wear the same thing with two different colors. Joie de Vivre wears blue while Joie de L'Amour wears sky blue. Big difference it makes! And no, no one is allowed to call them Vivre or L'Amour it always always has to be ​ʒwa də vivʁ and ʒwa də ɑ.mɔɹ. Jongdae wouldn't have it any other way.

Jongdae is a full time dad, well, as full time as an idol can be. He always make it a point to spend time with his children, talk to them, know them. Jongdae is a good dad, well, as good as a Jongdae can be. Because of his insistence that they should have a bonding time, every Saturday night they would go out and visit Jongdae's friends, insisting a play date with their children. Tonight, they would visit the Wu family.

"Appa, I think it wouldn't be a great idea to go there tonight." It is Joie de L'Amour.

"Drew said Uncle Kris was a little mad about the 'Monster Under The Bed' incident. He wouldn't let them go near us." Joie de L'Amour seconded.

"Kris is all bark, never bites. Don't you worry too much about him. I'm pretty sure he got over it already."

--------------------------------------

"Hey Kris." Jongdae casually said as he flops down the sofa, arms stretched on his sides, legs crossed.

"Who opened the door for you?" A fine crease formed between Kris' eyebrows.

"Oh. No one. I have my spare key." He can say that Kris is utterly irritated.

"Where did you get your spare key? How did you do that?" Jongdae answered with a shrug.

"Don't you worry about that. I have everyone's spare key." Now Kris is utterly bewildered as Jongdae jingles his keys labeled by the gang's names. Kris bets no one else knows about this.

"So what did you come here for?"

"Well, it's Saturday tonight."

"And? What does that mean?"

"It means it's Saturday bonding night tonight." Kris face palms. He doesn't like Saturday bonding night. He knows where this would all end.

"I hate you. I did and I'll always do."

 

Jongdae's sons are so alike him it would be hard to deny they grew up with him. Probably not in their looks like said earlier they look different, but in how they act and how they speak and their attitude in general. When they went to Kris' children's room, it was hard to say they had a great time. Kris is very strict towards cleanliness eventhough he himself is a messy brat.

"Hey, why don't you have toys here?" Joie de L'Amour pokes Van's arm. It irritated the little boy and tries to bite his finger.

"We do. But it's in the cabinet. Dad wouldn't let us play with them since it's already evening." Mona speaks as she grabs her brother's mouth preventing him from biting one of Jongdae's boys-- he doesn't remember if it was Joie de Vivre or Joie de L'Amour who poked him.

"Of course that's nonsense. Children should play a lot during the night. In our house, we go out during the night and play hide and seek with Appa. Sometimes it's in the house, or in the mall, or park or anywhere. Appa let us play until we get tired." It's Joie de Vivre feeding the children with the desire of disobeying their father. Of course Jongdae just let them play hide and seek so he could wait a little while, drink coffee or read his manga, before he look for them. It's a win-win. Jongdae gets his free alone time and the children get to enjoy.

A hushed conversation fall between the Wu siblings.

"Do you think Daddy would let us play every night, Drew?" Mona asked his older brother as she fidgets with her fingers.

"His rules are clear: no playing after sunset. I don't know if he would allow us." Drew picks up Van still trying to bite the Kim twins though he was just waved off.

"Oh I'm sure he'll do." The twins smirked the Kim smirk.

 

After that conversation, Kris spent the whole night looking for his children throughout the vast city of Seoul. Three emergency hotline calls, a police hotline dial, and five thousand calls to Jongdae cursing him and telling him to never go near his family again, ever, in their entire life.