Chapter 6

Be Mine?

 

''Sticking to one has two different reasons, Sungyeol-shi''

 

''It's either someone is being loyal, or someone just can't move on''

 

''Being loyal is a respect, while can't move on is a torture''

 

''I know you might think my mother is an easy lady, but she's been a loyal lady for almost twenty years...''

 

''...it's not that she can't move on, it's because she stills have some respect towards her love one...''

 

''...re-married and loving others than previous one doesn't just mean a betrayal, it shows that this person... have strong will to find the fate one''

 

Lee Sungyeol inhaled a deep breath and exhaled it out. Boyoung's words really stuck in his mind. 'Good job, Boyoung, you really did mess up my mind', he chuckled. '...like my mother', he smiled. 'A man like me isn't someone whom you could trigger with a thing...'

 

'...except my mother'

 

'...and now, you'

 

*****

 

Mr.Kim and Mrs.Kim already in the living room, when Nam Boyoung and Lee Sungyeol came in. ''Sungyeollie, you're here'', welcomed Mr.Kim to his son. Sungyeol quickly looked away. In a moment, Nam Woohyun, Kim Sunggyu, and Kim Myungsoo joined them. The awkward atmosphere making everyone just avoid making any eye contact with each other.

Boyoung, being the only sister there keeps changing her stare to the brothers.

 

''We're going for a vacation'', started Mr.Kim. Everyone gave a little attention to him. Sungyeol smirked, ''sure, then go, don't brag too much about it''. That spicy answer making Boyoung shoot a glare to him in a sudden. 'That's harsh!' she screamed.

 

''Yah, have some manner, tall guy'', attacked Woohyun. Sungyeol smirked and rolled his eyes, ''yeah sure~''. Kim Sunggyu and L just sat there uninterested. ''No, no, no, that's not the only thing...'', cut Mr.Kim, seeing the kids tensed up. ''All of you... are going with us''. Now the attention is fully concentrated on the parents.

 

*****

 

Boyoung's POV

 

Vacation? With all these brothers? This is a bad idea~ what if they treat me like before? What if? What if? What if? The questions in my mind never helped me determining. ''Can I stay home?'' I raised my hand and gave them a unique question. ''No, dear, we're not going to leave you here'', answered my mother. I sighed. Just leave me here, I don't mind.

Every things wrapped up, we all going! We just need to pack up some things and took off tomorrow morning. I sighed heavily. I feel much burdened. The 'what if' questions keep replaying in my mind.

 

I went to my room and started packing up my things. It's a one week vacation at resorts, at Jeolla-do. ''Finish!'' I screamed happily, after seeing my bags are already smart-and-ready-to-go. I should sleep early. My bones almost break.

 

My phone rang. ''Anyeong-''

 

''Yah Boyoung! Come here now!'' I could hear Nam Woohyun's voice shouting at the end of the line. I cut the line and walked to his room. I knocked. ''Come in'', he said. I opened the door and saw him, lying comfortably on the bed, messing up with his phone.

 

''My things cannot fit in that bags, help me'', he said. I glanced over his bags on the floor. I rolled my eyes. The things aren't put nicely, how can it fit in? Even the clothing isn’t folded nicely. ''Clear it up'', he said. Hish. That's how you pleaded for help? At least, do it properly.

I sat there in front of the bags and started working on the things. I sighed. I want to sleep early, just for today, please?

 

''Here'', I said in glory as I finished fixing Woohyun's bag. However, Woohyun didn't even answering. I looked up. I sighed again. ''You're sleeping already?'' I pulled his blankets over him. I WANT TO SLEEP TOO! I want to yell so badly.

 

I stretched my body. I went out of his room and straight away to my room. I fear I might bump on to the two demons, Sunggyu and L. I wash myself and took off to the dreamland.

 

*****

 

''Boyoung-ah, get my things!''

 

I exhaled tiredly. I just brought my bags from the second level to the ground level, and now L asking me to get his things. Is he even asking? No, he's ordering. I went back to second level and entered his room. I saw two bags on the bed. I lifted it up.

 

But my eyes caught it again. The guitar.

 

I smiled. Despite the two bags being heavy, I don't mind if the guitar is being carried around. So, I bring it over. ''L-shi, can I bring this one?'' I asked as I saw L's figure at the front door. He widened his eyes as he saw the guitar. ''Have I told you before? Don't-touch-my-guitar'' gentle, but I could feel the fiery words from his mouth.

 

I was taken aback from it. Almost feel like to cry. I even clean your room, help you bringing your things downstairs; can you just make this wish come true? ''Arasso-'' I said. You don't have to get mad, L-shi, I was just asking.

 

I heard someone sighing. ''Just bring it'', it's Sunggyu. I looked to L, then to Sunggyu alternately. L rolled his eyes, ''you don't have right-''. ''Get over it, it's not about you, it's about her'', Sunggyu cut him. Eh? Did Sunggyu just stand for me? Wait, I don't understand a thing here. What's all about you and me? What's wrong with the guitar?

 

L glared to me, as he giving in to Sunggyu. Sunggyu's the toughest here, I can feel it. ''Get in'', ordered the cold Sunggyu. I brought the guitar with me. It's a big car. I went to most back seats. L went in and sat next to my seat. Woohyun and Sunggyu exchanging their glares first, and then getting into the car.

 

''Sungyeol? He'll come?'' I asked after realising the absent of Lee Sungyeol. Sunggyu smirked, ''why? Do you expect he'll come over?''. ''Yes'', I answered him straightly. L and Woohyun shoot daggers through their eyes to me. I lowered my head down. Why? Except Sungyeol, you all here are falling angels. You know falling angels? They are demons. Like Lucifer!

 

''He'll come'', said Mr.Kim as his eyes caught the presence of Sungyeol from the front door. I smiled. L caught me smiling, and rolled his eyes. He gave me the face 'duuuuuh~'. Sungyeol approached Mr.Kim firstly.

 

''I'll drive my own car'', he told Mr.Kim. Then he glanced to the backseats. He smiled as he saw me. ''I'll see you later'', he waved to me. My mind went XDXD. Lee Sungyeol, you're cool. L saw the scene. He just rolled his eyes as he looked at me. I sighed. Is that how much you hate me?

 

We took off.

 

*****

 

While Mr. and Mrs.Kim checking into the resort, the kids continue taking their naps at the lobby. Everyone's leaning on the sofa tiredly. The long journey making them totally expired in the car.

 

''You all are going to share in one house'', told Mr.Kim. The kids lifted their heads up. He gave Sunggyu, the oldest, a key to their resort. They took off, bringing their stuff to their resort. The pretty house they're about to live with during this one week vacation has three rooms.

 

''Sungyeol-ah, you share with me'', said L, and gave a glare to Sunggyu. Probably still angry of defending the 'sister' before. Sungyeol lifted up his shoulders, picked up his things and get into their room. Sunggyu smirked in piss. He looked Woohyun beside him. ''You have no choice, kid, except to share with me'', he smirked.

 

After everyone got into their room, Boyoung left alone outside. ''Hello dear guitar~'', she said to herself, welcoming the dark brown guitar on her hand. She put her things on her room, and walked out of the resort to have some sight-seeing.

 

*****

 

Boyoung's POV

 

I saw a familiar figure sitting on the boulders, watching further to the ocean. 'L???' I gasped and almost run away. However, I gave in. By gathering a lot of courage, I bet my liver for this, I approached him. I don't know why, I have the feeling of wanting to know this lonely L.

I sat directly next to him, I mean... behind him. I still don't have the guts to sit next to him!

 

L recognised me, but he just ignored me. ''L-shi-'', I called him. ''Myungsoo... my real name is Kim Myungsoo'', he cut me. He just told me his real name, and I don't get it, why did he tell me? ''So... which one should I call you, L? Myungsoo?'' I asked. Hearing my respond towards his little confession making him chuckle. Yet, he didn't answer me.

 

''Just asking-'' I stated. His eyes still on the ocean. ''This is your guitar...'' I strummed the guitar once, just to make it creative and appealing. He heard it. ''...but you never played it?'' I continued.

 

He smirked, I could feel it. ''You don't have to know, Boyoung, just stay away from me'', he stated. I wonder why he said that. ''I don't want to'', I rebel. He chuckled lightly. ''Where did you get that rock head?'' sarcastically. ''From all of you'', I rebel again.

 

He finally looked at me at his back, ''you are so stubborn'', he commented. I smiled. I am.

 

He looked away back to the ocean. With his hair blown by the wind, he's such a charming guy. ''A year ago...'' he started. My focus flung to him fully. ''...I was in a band, I was a guitarist, people called me, Ice Prince''. ''That's cool'', I cut him in the middle. He chuckled. That's a cool nickname. My heart feels in ease, seeing L, or Myungsoo, little opened up to me, like this.

 

''We're going for audition, but... I got into accident, and injured my hand deadly...''

 

''...the impact was harsh; I couldn't move my hand entirely...''

 

''...I was needed to undergo surgery to fix it, but... too bad, the therapy went for six months, the audition was a failure, people started to criticize me, and I couldn't play the guitar within the period...''

 

''...I was so devastated; I lost my own goal...''

 

I heard him, everything. The sad and traumatic story. I feel it. ''Is it fine now?'' I asked him. He held his left hand high, ''it's almost a year, and it should be''. I smiled, ''then plays this one''. He went silent as I asked him to play his own guitar.

 

''Myungsoo-shi'', I called him. ''Not that easy, Boyoung'', he answered me. I sighed. ''The thing that makes you traumatic is the only thing that can fix your trauma'', I stated. ''It's like... virus is the cause of diseases, when pills and tablets aren't fixing it up, then virus will be the medicine too''.

 

''Stop talking like you know how it feels like!''. ''I won't stop, because I know how it feels''. He shrunk his eyebrows as he looked me. I bet, he couldn't get what I mean by I know how he feels. I do.

 

''I used to be a problematic kid after I lost my mother, my real mother'', I told him. ''I was completely traumatized by it...'' ''Very traumatized, I lost my mind like I lost her, although I was just a kid''. ''I was just a kid, but I knew how to get suicide'', I chuckled. One drop of tear slowly leaving my eye sockets. I wiped it quickly. My heart shrinks gradually.

 

''After Woohyun's mother adopted me, I could feel the presence of a motherly figure for the second time''

 

''Second chance... it's already an opportunity to live well... again''

 

I ended up everything. I smiled to Myungsoo as he glanced to me. He went silent for a long time with his eyes thrown to the ocean. I strummed his guitar once in awhile, lightly. I played the 'can you smile' song composed by Kim Sunggyu, as the notes flying through my mind.

 

''That's a cool song...'', he commented, with the charming smile on his face. I smiled back, I couldn't help myself! That's the first time ever I saw him smiling sincerely.

 

''Teach me'', he asked.

 

*****

____________________________

tell me how's the story :)