Chapter 3

Be Mine?

 

''You're not living here........... for free'' ''You're not living here........... for free'' ''You're not living here........... for free'' ''You're not living here........... for free''

 

Boyoung's awake. Kim Sunggyu's words from last night really digging her thought. She found herself not even sleeping since last night, but to perspire on her bed. She pulled herself into a sitting position. What did Sunggyu mean 'you're not living here........... for free'? Just thinking of it making her miserable.

 

She fetched her cell phone lying next to her pillow, and glanced over the watch on it. '6.00 a.m'. She stood up and started washing herself. She wore a long sleeve tee with dark jeans. She went to her door to go out. She holds the door knob.

 

''You're not living here........... for free''

 

Sunggyu's voice rang over, making her shiver. 'No, no, no, snap it out!' her little heart saying.

 

*****

 

The house is in peace. Everyone must be sleeping. Boyoung successfully walked down the stairs to the main entrance, the front door. She slowly turned the door knob and took a look again inside the house; aware of someone must be watching her.

 

''Boyoung-shi, where are you going this early?''

 

Oh no. Slowly, she turned herself to the person in front. ''L-shi'', she voiced out, almost whisper. L wore a sleeveless jersey with shorts, probably after having morning jog. Boyoung lowered down her head.

 

L smirked in satisfaction. He leaned down closer to match Boyoung's level. ''Are you trying to escape?'' Boyoung immediately lifted up her eyes on L. She stood still. ''I- don't'', she answered him, but L, all of sudden, grabbed her right wrist, and dragged her upstairs and to his room.

 

Boyoung, on the other hand, was trying to pull away from him. She keeps asking where, where and where do L bring her. ''Get in!'' exclaimed L. She stood still. She feared L might do something to her. L smirked, and pulled her harshly inside his room. L came closer to her, as usual, playing with her long hair, ''don't think too much, Boyoung, you're not even my type'', he smirked.

 

Boyoung slowly lifted her head and watched her surrounding, L's room. 'Huh?' her heart wondering. 'HUH?' and again.

 

L's room is........... A BIG MESS! Bottles of alcohols are everywhere, bundle of clothes lying on each corner, the messed up bed and wardrobe. ''Typhoon happened before? How's the scale?'' suddenly popped out the improper question after seeing such broken-hearted room. She gasped, as she realised what had she asked.

 

L chuckled sarcastically. Boyoung snapped his hand away from her hair, but this time, L caught her hand, ''you know what-''

 

''-living here............. is not for comfort'', he continued. Boyoung shrunk her forehead. She couldn't catch what L's mean. Boyoung struggling her hand to get rid of L's. L let her hand go. L smirked.

 

''Clean this up''

 

*****

 

Boyoung's POV

 

After telling me to clean his room, he just left. Wah. How to clean this huge mess? I never thought L is this kind of guy. I sighed. Should I or should I not clean this up? If I don't, L will kill me, inferentially, with his smile.

 

The smell! The alcoholic smell stung my nose! And my head! Why L didn’t ask the maids to clean up? Why me? Why me?? I sighed. Someone knocked the door make me jump. I glanced over. A housemaid put down towels, glass cleaner, plastics and some others cleaning equipment.

 

''Please help me~'', I pleaded to the housemaid. The housemaid smiled and shook her head, ''sorry Boyoung-shi, I was ordered to not helping you''. I sighed, by L? I knew it.

 

All right! This will take ages!

 

I started gathering the alcohols into a plastic. Wow. Even the plastic is totally full. Then, I put the bundle of clothes into a basket. Hm... I should wash them. So, I went down the stairs to the laundry room, and started cleaning, brushing and washing the clothes.

 

I bet 100, 000 W, this clothes was last washed a month ago. A lot of pretty clothes yet stink!

 

While waiting for the laundry finishing up, I went upstairs back to L's room. I clashed onto Woohyun along the way. ''What are you doing in his room?'' he asked me. I sighed. ''Be Nam Boyoung, and you know what am I doing'', and left him wondering.

 

I sighed again as I entered L's room. I did washing and throwing bottles already, yet there's no changes. I went to his book shelf first. I sighed again. Messed up with dust and improper arrangement of books. I pulled out all books and piling them up on the floor. I started arranging them in scale.

 

''It should be about a year L didn't touch those books'', a voice from the door. I quickly looked over. It's.... Kim Sunggyu, with that smirk. A year? I wonder what L is doing last year that everything turned upside down. ''Good luck'', and walked away. I sighed again. Are these entire people act like this?

 

WOW! Total satisfaction on my success on re-arranging the books. Well done, Boyoung! Then I glanced on my back. I sighed. How many times I should sigh by the way? Except the shelf, everything stills a mess.

 

I went through a full speed cleaning up, sweeping over, brushing the carpet, removing garbage, tidying the bed and the curtain, re-arranging the DVDs, brushing the toilet. I did everything! Hours passed, and I am still cleaning up. Little by little, I could see the room getting cleared and smarter.

 

I ironed and folded up the washed clothes before, and put it smartly on the wardrobe. I looked around. HEAVEN!

 

I spot something by my eyes. Guitar.

 

I picked it up. I chuckled. Guy like L do play guitar too? I sat on the corner of the bed, and strummed the guitar.

 

Weshhh! When was the last time he played this guitar? It is totally out of tune. I started tuning in the guitar. Strum. Strum. Nice! I put it lying flat on the bed.

 

TIRED! I stretched myself. How long I have been here, cleaning up? I should have some rest. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. I went to the door, ready to get out.

 

''You're taking too much time-'' I looked up of the voice. Kim Sunggyu? You keep appearing. What do you mean? This room was like an upside-down ship!

 

''Clean my room now'', he said coolly. What? ''Why me?'' I sighed. He smirked, ''because you're not living here............ For free''.

 

*****

_____________________________________

How's the story so far? :) do comment and subscribe!