Chapter 22

The One Who Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He never made it back to the bench. He sank on his knees right where he was standing and cried, cried like he had never cried before. He didn’t realize that he was already lying on his side with his knees curled up as he cried until he felt a gentle pair of hands lift his head. It was Dara. She cradled his head on her lap and patted him on the back.

“You thought I left, right? You didn’t want me to see you cry?” From the sound of her voice, he knew she was crying, too. He didn’t answer. There was no need to.

“I just left to call the station that I couldn’t come in today.” She told him, her hand now absently her fingers through his hair. “Let it all out, Ji. The pain’s not going anywhere soon but crying helps. It helped me.” He thought he couldn’t cry any harder but he did. He bawled like a baby. After quite some time he finally sat up. “I didn’t want you to see me like this.” His voice was now more nasal than ever, his eyes were red and puffy and black tear tracks were all over his face. 

Dara laughed slightly at him through her tears. “No wonder because even The G-Dragon looks ugly when he cries. You should see for yourself.” She fumbled for her compact and handed it to him. To say that G-Dragon looked pretty when he cries would be a colossal lie. There was one chink in his armour after all.

“That’s one reason why men shouldn’t wear eyeliner.” She pointed to his reflection on the mirror.
She scrounged up some wet facial wipes from her bag and started wiping his face clean. “And you said you didn’t need a babysitter.” She murmured as she scrubbed at the goo on his face. He gently grabbed her hand and pulled it down on to his lap.

“Where? Where is he? Or her?” He asked.

“That’s what made it difficult for me to have some form of closure. There was nothing for us to bury, Ji. They called our baby a specimen. They had to send it to a lab, they said. That time it felt even more surreal. Mom and Dad...” Her eyes started to water again but she continued talking. “They didn’t say it but I saw the relief on their faces when they found out that there was no body to bury. Less talk. Less explanations. Minimal embarrassment.” 

His grip tightened on her hand. He should have been there for her. He kept on thinking that as she told him what happened then. “When they got me out of the hospital they made me see a psychiatrist for therapy. I was a mess, you see. I didn’t talk at home. I didn’t want to talk to them because they seem to want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter