Chapter 21

The One Who Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was already strapped to her seat. Her key was dangling from the ignition waiting for her to twist it on when she stopped. In the midst of all the thoughts and emotions swirling through her head, one clear thought rang through, ‘Why am I running away again?’ 

Fear. Pride. Shame. Hurt. Anger. Grief. Envy. Love. She ran away from all those feelings because they were too much for her to bear. But years of running got her nowhere. She realized that all the feelings she’d been running away from had been with her all along, just hiding.

She’d only be fooling herself if she ran away again. She took off the key from the ignition, unstrapped herself and retraced her steps back to the studio. Her steps quickened to a run as she got closer and closer to the studio. Now that she had realized she’s done with running away, if she’s going to do any running it would be towards the things and people that matter and not away from them. One thing the past month taught her was that Kwon Jiyong no matter how much he had hurt her in the past still mattered.

She was out of breath when she reached the door. Jiyong was still in the same position as she had left him. He turned surprised at her sudden re-entrance. He stood up happiness shining in his eyes seeing that she had come back. He was about to say something but Dara halted him.

“We need to talk.” She managed to speak out in between gasps.

She took him to the rooftop, this was where she ended things with him before. It’s gone full circle now. It took them six years to get back here. Six years of trying to get away but never getting anywhere. The chips may fall where they may but she’s telling him everything now. 

What happens after Dara isn’t certain but Jiyong needs to know that much she is sure of. The baby she carried for that short blip in time deserved to be remembered. That despite the briefness of his or her existence, his or her life had mattered. Dara realized six years too late that by hiding the truth about the life they had unknowingly created s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter