Red string, or Yellow string? Fluff~

Hyohyuk one shots!

 

On his way home from a dance rehearsal, Hyukjae noticed a red string that lead from the street to his dorm. Once he was inside his dorm, he immediately noticed a note that was addressed to him. It was a slightly crumpled piece of paper, and it was sticky taped to the wall. When he approached it, he automatically recognised her handwriting. ‘Hyukkie-ah~ I’ve got a surprise for you, but only if you can guess correctly! At the end of one of those strings, your surprise is waiting for you, but which one will you choose~? Pali Pali, your surprise is waiting! kekeke~ <3 Hyoyeon” Hyukjae smiled. Hyoyeon loved to surprise people, and she also loved to make a game out of anything that could possibly be made into a game. Letting a chuckle escape from his lips because of his childish girlfriend’s behaviour, Hyukjae searched for the other string.

The other string was yellow, and it lead out the fire escape, down into the alley below. Red or Yellow?

Although the path of the red string looked like the easier option, the path of the yellow string seemed more… Hyoyeon’s style, so after changing clothes and freshening up, he climbed out the window and down the fire escape. The yellow string ran from the alleyway behind the dorm, down the street and past many food vendors. Hyukjae’s stomach rumbled as he looked longingly at the Dukkbokki being prepared by one of the vendors. ‘When Hyoyeon is finished with this whole surprise thing, I’m gunna get some of that dukkboki… I haven’t eaten all day…’ Hyukjae thought to himself, as he continued along the string.

People gave him very strange looks as he followed the yellow string from the busy street, across the road and into a large park. Hyukjae stopped at the bottom of a big hill that the string continued up. ‘I really hope I picked the right string…’. Hyukjae scrambled up the hill, and to his relief, saw Hyoyeon sitting on a huge picnic blanket, surrounded by food. When she saw him peep over the hill, she stood up, her face breaking into a grin, and she beckoned him over.  

Despite being tired after his dance rehearsal and following the string, Hyukjae ran over to his girlfriend and threw his arms around her, hugging her small frame tightly and planting kisses on the top of her head. Hyoyeon laughed and wriggled free from Hyukjae’s grasp and smiled up at him.

“Its nice to see you too, Hyukkie~” She grinned and went up on her tip toes to kiss him softly on his pink lips. No matter how many times Hyukjae saw Hyoyeon, she seemed to be more beautiful than the last time. Hyukjae often caught himself just staring at her face, admiring all her features, much to Hyoyeon’s embarressment. Hyukjae brushed a piece of Hyoyeon’s long blonde hair behind her ear, before leaving a kiss on her temple. 

‘Do you like your surprise?’ she gestured to the food on the blanket, the huge grin never leaving her face. The food collection contained dumplings, kimchi fried rice, and to Hyukjae’s delight, Dukkbokki. Hyukjae’s eyes grew wide in surprise and he turned back to face Hyoyeon. “How did you know-?’

“That you would want Dukkboki? I made you walk past a street vendor with the most delicious smelling spicy rice cakes ever, do you really think I would be so cruel as to not feed you after all that?” Once again, Hyukjae pulled Hyoyeon in for a tight hug. Hyoyeon always knew what he wanted most, and that was one of the reasons he loved her. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After feeding each other and sharing kisses at random intervals, Hyukjae finally asked the question that had been bothering him since he got to her. “Hyo, you know how there were two strings? Where did the red one lead to?” Hyoyeon finished chewing what was in , and Hyukjae caught a smile that flickered on to her face. Hyoyeon pointed to the other side of the picnic mat, looking at Hyukjae, feigning innocence. 

“You mean, that red string?”