Always There - Angst

Hyohyuk one shots!

 

Hyoyeon was always there for him. When he would skip dance classes with Donghae, she was there to help him catch up. When people gave him a hard time, she was beside him to remind him that he was perfect in her eyes. But most commonly, when Donghae would break his heart, again, Hyoyeon would be there to pick up the pieces. When Hyukjae needed Hyoyeon, she was always there.

It wasn't always like that of course. Before Donghae moved to Seoul from Mokpo, Hyukjae and Hyoyeon were inseparable. Hyoyeon fell in love with him, and up until Donghae entered the scene, Hyukjae shared the same feeling. Not even a month before Donghae transferred, Hyoyeon had told Hyukjae how she felt about him, and he made it clear that he returned those feelings.

But as soon as Donghae entered the scene, things slowly changed. Hyukjae stopped coming over. Hyukjae stopped calling. Hyukjae threw his feelings for Hyoyeon by the wayside as he pursued his one sided love for Donghae. Although over time, this changed to. Donghae developed feelings for Hyukjae, but again, Hyoyeon was unnecessary company. Even after all this, Hyoyeon never lost her feelings for him.

Hyoyeon desperately wanted to believe that by some miracle, Hyukjae would come to his senses and things would go back to the way they were. She often day dreamed about him pulling her by the hand, and bringing her into a breath taking kiss that seemed to stop the time. But until Donghae and Hyukjae had their first fight, Hyoyeon was forgotten in the same way that a little child forgets their old toys when newer, shinier toys are presented.

The first time Hyukjae called Hyoyeon to tell her what had happened with Donghae, She was understanding. Hyukjae explained that Donghae had cheated on him, and that they had broken up. Although she didn't want them together, she helped him get things back to the way they were. Hyoyeon thought to herself, Someday he'll see how much I mean to him... How I've always been there for him, and things will work out. I just have to be patient.

But after the fifth time Hyukjae called Hyoyeon in tears, she was reluctant to get them back together.
"Hyukkie, can't you see what's happening here? This is the fifth time you've broken up with him, and each time... you call me even more hurt than the last time. Isn't it time you found someone who's not going to hurt you?" But Hyukjae was blinded by his love for Donghae, and without thinking, Hyukjae spat angrily, 'Who? Someone like you?" Before a stunned Hyoyeon could reply, he hung up.

After that of course, Donghae and Hyukjae went back to the way they were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyoyeon hadn't seen him in nearly a year. Her feelings for Hyukjae dried up and were replaced by a bitter memory of how it used to be. Although at times, especially when she danced, she could almost see him dancing beside her, smiling that huge gummy smile that she fell in love with, but hadn't seen in such a long time...

Hyoyeon was dancing alone in one of the SM practice rooms, when she heard the glass door gently creak open. Seeing his reflection in the mirror she was facing, she stopped dead in her tracks. From the brief glance that they shared, Hyoyeon could see that he had been crying a lot. His eyes were puffy and his cheeks were pale. Hyoyeon looked down and her feet.
"What are you doing here?" She asked quietly, her voice directed at her toes. Hyukjae walked up beside her and sighed. 
"He broke up with me." His voice sounded empty.
"Is that supposed to surprise me?" Hyoyeon said, looking up at him, staring at his side profile. "Because I'm sorry, but I'm not surprised at all." Hyukjae slowly lifted his head and faced her. He opened his mouth to say something, but Hyoyeon cut him off, 'Why else would you be here to see me, after a year of no contact at all, if he had not pushed you aside? Why else would you come to the place where we used to hang out every day, if not so you could hear me telling you that it will all be ok, like i always have?" Hyoyeon tried to swallow the lump in , and she willed her mental dam not to let a single tear fall. 

All Hyukjae managed to say was, 'Why are you being like this?" Anger bubbled into Hyoyeon's stomach, and she spun Hyukjae around to face her. She looked him dead in the eyes, and he squirmed under her relentless stare. "Why am I being like this? Me? I could have asked you the same damn thing when you rejected my calls every day for three months. I could have said the same thing when you avoided me every time we bumped into each other. I could have asked you the same ing thing when I told you how i felt, and you still chose the boy who broke your heart over and over again over me. Over me, the girl who was always there for you. I loved you Hyukjae, and I know you loved me too." 

Tears were now flowing openly down Hyoyeon's cheek, but she didn't wipe them away. She wanted him to see how hurt she was. She wanted him to understand why she was 'being like this'. 
"I'm sorry Hyo, I just thought Donghae was the one for me." Hyukjae spoke softly, treading on eggshells. He hadn't even considered how Hyoyeon would feel after all this, after all, she was always there for him when he needed her. Hyoyeon started to walk away, but Hyukjae grabbed her hand. 'I was wrong. I think the person who is right for me, has been around this whole time.' He gave a small smile and pulled Hyoyeon in, and crashed his lips against hers.

Hyoyeon had waited for this moment for such a long time. She'd dreamed of this moment countless times. She had always wanted her hard work to pay off, and for Hyukjae to finally realize that she was the one for him. But it didn't feel right. Maybe someday, Hyukjae and Hyoyeon will go back to the way they were, but he was going to have to work a lot harder than that to win her back. Hyoyeon pulled away from the kiss and looked Hyukjae in the eyes. 'You can't fix what you've done this easily. I love you Hyukjae, and I always have, but you hurt me so much. If you've finally come to your senses and realise what I'm worth, then you'll be willing to fight for me.'

A/N I just transfered this oneshot from my old oneshot collection... it was sitting alone and so i decided to add it in here :) its old so sorry if its no good, haha!