Hyukjae's Back Up Plan

Hyohyuk one shots!

 

As soon as Hyoyeon stepped into the party with the rest of the Girl’s Generation members, cameras flashed and people bowed in welcome. For New Years Eve, SM Entertainment was holding a party to celebrate a successful year, and any one who was anyone was invited. The stars of the night would of course be the SM stars, but company representatives and their families were set to attend as well.

Hyoyeon bowed politely to the mass of cameras, and the girls all dispersed and went their separate ways. Scanning the crowd for someone she knew, her eyes fell onto Leeteuk, who was a part of a small circle in which, he was the only man. Setting her sights on him, Hyoyeon navigated the crowd, and without too many interruptions, she finally reached him.

‘Leeteuk-ssi~’ Hyoyeon said, waiting until he turned to face her before bowing respectfully to her Sunbae. He bowed slightly back and smiled at her. “Hey Hyoyeon, enjoying yourself?” Leeteuk motioned to the massive dance floor they were standing on that Hyoyeon hadn’t noticed before. “I haven’t had the chance to dance yet Oppa,” it’s not as though she could though, with the cocktail mini dress she was wearing, and the six inch heels to match, “… we just arrived.” Hyoyeon fidgeted for a moment and looked at her feet, building up the nerve to ask him, but before she could, Leeteuk piped up, ‘But you aren’t here to talk to me are you?’ Hyoyeon looked up at him and he was grinning, his dimple fully exposed. ‘You’re looking for Hyukjae, aren’t you?’ Hyoyeon laughed and her cheeks turned pink. ‘Last time I saw him, he was with Donghae and Shindong, by the food table. Hyoyeon scoffed, ‘Typical Hyukjae. Thanks Leeteuk, happy new year!’

At the food table, a few people lingered, but none of them was Hyukjae. “Minho-ah~” Hyoyeon called, making her tall Hoobae turn around on his heel to face her. ‘Minho, have you seen Hyukjae anywhere? Leeteuk said he last saw him here…’ A thoughtful look crossed Minho’s face before he said, ‘He was here not long ago, but i heard him say that he was going to go speak with Yunho, who was over by the door.’ Hyoyeon nodded and thanked Minho before she made her way over to Yunho.

“U-Know Oppa! I’m looking for Hyukjae… Please tell me you’ve seen him?” Yunho smirked. “Yes, we were talking not long ago… about you actually.” Hyoyeon felt her stomach leap. “But when he heard Girls generation was about to arrive, he dashed off quickly towards those stairs…” He pointed towards a large staircase at the other side of the party hall. Silently, Hyoyeon cursed Hyukjae as she made her way over to and up the stairs. Six inch heels and a mini dress Hyukjae, and you plant yourself at the top of a staircase. 

When Hyoyeon reached the top of the stairs (there was four flights, much to Hyoyeon's dismay) it was another party hall, similar to the one the SM party was being held in, only much, much smaller. She was disappointed to see that Hyukjae was not there. She went to turn away to go back down the stairs, but something glittering in the corner of her eye stopped her. Someone had plastered the walls with little fairy lights that blinked and faded in and out. In the centre of the floor, a love heart was made out of what looked to be confetti, and above it on the roof was some sort of plant. Hyoyeon wasn’t sure what it was, but somehow fit in with the romantic feel of the room. 

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms wrapped around Hyoyeons stomach, and she felt her back fall into a well muscled chest. A familiar scent filled her nose, and she instantly knew whose arms she as in. ‘Hyukjae, if you aren’t careful, we’re going to start a scandal. What if someone with a camera saw us?” Hyukjae chuckled, and Hyoyeon felt his laugh rumble through his toned chest and stomach. ‘Who knows,’ he purred into her ear, ‘a scandal could be fun~’ Hyoyeon turned around and hit him gently on the shoulder. 
“It wouldn’t be and you know it~ We could get in a lot of trouble if people knew about us.” Hyukjae took Hyoyeon by the hands and kissed her on the cheek. “I know Hyo~ That’s why I set up for our New Years kiss up here. Technically speaking, we shouldn’t be up here, but technically speaking, i really don’t care.” Hyoyeon giggled as Hyukjae lead her over to the love heart on the floor.

Standing on top of all the little pieces of confetti, Hyukjae smiled at Hyoyeon and leant in to kiss her, but she pulled away. He looked at her confused and said, ‘Hyoyeon, wha-,’ but she interrupted him. 
“You can’t kiss me now, its not 12 o’clock!”

Hyukjae smiled his gummy smile and pointed to the weird plant thing on the roof. ‘That’s why I have a back up plan. I knew you wouldn’t wait long to come find me, and I knew once you found me I wouldn’t be able to wait another…’ he checked his watch, ‘five minutes to kiss you. So, I brought mistletoe. That way…’ He pulled Hyoyeon in close to him, wrapping his arms around her tiny figure, ‘I can have two new year’s kisses.’ With her high heels, Hyoyeon and Hyukjae were almost at eye level, and after a moment of Hyoyeon just looking into Hyukjae’s gorgeous single lidded eyes, he leaned in and kissed her sweetly on the lips. 

Written by Amylerrrr for sunnygyu. Thank you for your request!