Start afresh

It hurts

Rough era was a miracle to us. At least to me, Snowflake is a masterpiece *proud face*. Despite that, the first win was a surprise to us since we have been worried that people may not like our change, and we were competing with strong competitors. And 15 trophies, that was totally unexpected, and we were thankful for all the recognition we got.

But stress always comes along with success. With Snowflake, we completed our school trilogy, and we were about to show something more different relatively speaking. We had things planned way ahead so in some sense, we had a brief idea about where we were heading. But with the overwhelming support that we received, we felt greater and greater need to perfect our plan and everything. Not to mention that following Snowflake would be our first full album, which is kind of a major milestone for us, so we wanted it to be the best.

Because of all these reasons, I expected things to be tough in the Navillera era. It turns out that I was right about the era being tough, just that it went slightly over my expectation...

"Five minutes! After 5 minutes you should be on your feet!" Park-seonsaengnim clapped her hands and announced.

The clap was like a sign, and everyone collapsed onto the floor, panting heavily, not even willing to move a muscle and get some water despite that our throats were burning from dehydration. After approximately half a minute, I finally felt that I got sufficient oxygen running in my system. From the corner of my eye I could see Park-seonsaengnim beside the monitoring computer. I pushed hard against the floor to get up and limped to the side of the practice room to get a bottle of water before I joined seonsaengnim.

"How was it, seonsaengnim?" I asked the focused lady, although I could guess the answer from her facial expression, and having watched a bit of the replay.

"The transformation here is not natural enough, change the choreography there...and here, same for here...here you are not synchronized...and this move, it is awful, got to replace it..." She played the video again and pointed out problems here and there.

This is bad, really bad. I understood that there was a need to change our choreography again, because for goodness sake, I could see those flaws here and there! But what could we do...the filming of the music video was just hours away. I clenched my fists, squeezed my eyelids together and took a deep breath, fighting back the panic that was starting to be overwhelming. There is work to be done and no time to waste. Be professional, Hwang Eunbi.

I forced myself to calm down and I was about to discuss the dance moves with seonsaengnim when I heard manager-nim ask my concerns aloud, "Will they be able to make it? The filming is tomorrow!"

"Everyone is staying here tonight until we get everything solved. You can't leave until it's finished!" Park-seonsaengnim answered right away.

We were already overwhelmed by worries and tiredness and were trying hard to hold it back, but four days without sleep and this made us break down. Tears started rushing to our eyes, and with one of us starting to sob, everyone broke into tears.

"You all know that you don't have much time left. Are you going to give your fans this? I thought you wanted people to see your improvements, and you said that you want a perfect first full album!" Hearing this made us wail even louder. Yes, we want it to be better...it has to be better...it is not good enought!

Park-seonsaengnim has worked with us long enough, so she understood that we needed to release some of those negative emotions before we could carry on, so she let us cry our hearts out. She also understood that unlike boy groups, with whom she only had to scold them to get them going, we don't take in hard words that well, "I know you are all tired now, but I believe that you could do it better. You are all smart girls, and we will definitely work it out tonight! Do you think you can pull off the perfect choreography?"

Nobody answered since our confidence were shaking, but seonsaengnim boosted our confidence, "I believe you can do it. We can do it together!" Our wails became softer, and the uncertainty bothering us started to fade.

Manager-nim was worried when he saw us crying, "I believe in you girls too! And remember, after this you can have meat! A pork party is waiting for you!" Laughter broke through our tears. Our manager-nim has always been so sweet to us.

We picked ourselves up, and Sowon-unnie gathered us around in a circle. "Yeojachingu fighting! Navillera fighting!" we shouted together with such determination that the room was full of echoes.

"Ok, resting time is over, let's get back to work!" Park-seonsaengnim clapped and said, seeing that we were in better shape. "Oh, but everyone go wash your face first. I don't want people to think that I have been mistreating you." She rolled her eyes, and we laughed, rushing to the washroom.

We splashed water onto our face, feeling refreshed, and most importantly, feeling ready to start afresh.

*Video time~*

160712 Tei's Dream Radio, talking about how the choreography changed (1:02:09-1:02:55): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdYGTJmLUmQ

*Author's message*

Finally an update! Sorry for not updating for so long...I was busy, then I was lazy, and then I went on a trip. Now I finally got some motivation to continue writing this. I started writing late again, at around 1am, and now it's 2:30am, so I am too tired for proofreading now. Therefore, I plan to review the chapter again tmr. Also, I will try to add relevant videos or stuff tmr~ Enjoy :)

*Edited on 19/6/2017, but still too lazy to find videos or stuff _(:3

*Edited on 22/7/2017, added video~