Sleepyhead

It hurts

*Sob*

Am I hearing things?

I had my ears open, but I kept my eyes closed.

All I heard was breathing sounds. Yuju-unnie was having a nap. Good for her. I wanted to sleep too, but all the dancing got my brain all worked up and I couldn't sleep right now, so I just closed my eyes to let them rest.

Gotta be me imagining things--

*Sob* *sob*

This time I just had to open my eyes and see what was going on. I glanced to my left and saw Eunha-unnie leaning against Umji's seat. I poked Eunha-unnie with my index finger and I felt her jump a little at my touch. I mouthed to her, "What is going on?" She shaked her head, then pointed at Yerin-unnie's direction. I sat up straight to get a better look of Yerin-unnie. She seemed to be leaning against the window, facing out. Sowon-unnie was aware of the situation, and she was reaching Yerin-unnie's arm, "Yerin-ya, what's wrong?"

*Sob*

The sobbing became louder.

"Yerin-unnie..." Umji sounded worried. "Wae?" I asked, hoping someone could give me the faintest idea what was happening.

"Wah *sob* *sob*..I am *sob* sleepy...wah..." Yerin-unnie wailed. We all went quiet. For that one second, I didn't know what kind of expression I should have on my face.

Well, surely all of us were sleepy. We started the day early, starting with practice in the practice room, then we had a quick lunch and headed to rehearsals for showcase tomorrow. Rehearsals were just done, and it was already nighttime, but we could not call it a day yet. We were heading to a café to do a Vlive with our buddies. We all knew that tomorrow would be even more hectic. We were all tired. Definitely. But Yerin-unnie crying because of this...that's unexpected. Yerin-unnie has always been our red ginseng...and how should we comfort her? Say that we'll get over it soon? Sounds lame, but that's all we could say.

We were still lack of ideas concerning how we should calm Yerin-unnie down, and Sowon-unnie pulled Yerin into a hug and patted her back. That must have been an uncomfortable posture since they had the isle between them, but Yerin-unnie seemed satisfied at the hug. "I *sob* am so *sob* *sob* sleepy...*sob* I don't know *sob* *sob* *sob* how I could stand *sob* it if I don't have *sob* you *sob* *sob* guys..."

"Yerin-ah..." "Saranghae *sob*..." Sowon-unnie was about to start when Yerin-unnie blurted. I almost couldn't control my laughter the second I heard Yerin-unnie's words. I knew that she was serious, but her facial expression plus her words, that was funny. Despite finding the situation funny, Yerin-unnie's words hit my soft spot. Yeah, she's right...how would all these be possible if I was alone...the six sleepless nights would have been even worse if we didn't have each others' shoulders to lean on.

"Aigoo~ uri Yerinnie...we love you too...I can't imagine not having anyone of you in this team..." Sowon-unnie continued trying to comfort Yerin-unnie, but Yerin-unnie didn't stop crying.

"If you continue crying your eyes will be puffy in our Vlive...you wanna show up in front of our buddies with puffy eyes?" Sowon-unnie decided to change her tactic. Yerin-unnie shaked her head while wailing.

Hmm...I remember it should be somewhere in my bag...

I found a piece of chocolate in my bag and passed it to Umji, signalling her to give it to Yerin-unnie. Umji removed the wrapper and tried to feed it to Yerin-unnie, but as the piece of chocolate touched her lips, she sobbed and shaked her head, "I shouldn't eat this..."

Hearing this, I rolled my eyes. I raised my voice and said, "A piece of chocolate won't hurt, right? Manager-nim?"

Manager-nim didn't disappoint us, he seemed surprised that I called him out, "Hmm? What have you girls been talking about? I have been really focused on driving and I shall continue to focus on driving only!" As if trying to show his sincerity, he didn't even take a glance at the review mirror to look at us.

A giggle escaped Yerin-unnie's lips, and she ate the piece of chocolate.

"Feeling better?" Sowon-unnie asked, "Other than chocolate we also have delicious cakes and drinks waiting for us at the café! We'll have a late night snack and watch our great music video!" Sowon-unnie continued to lure Yerin-unnie to make her feel better.

We all got her signal and started discussing the desserts that we wanted to try. Food is always the best topic. Soon we were able to escape from the sentimental mood.

The rest of the night went fine. Our live broadcast went well. After the broadcast, we boarded our car once again.

"I'm really really glad to be part of Gfriend..." Yerin-unnie announced with a serious expression on her face. Yuju-unnie who missed our last conversation seemed puzzled, but she immediately added, "Me too...I am so thankful of us being able to come so far together..."

We looked into each others' eyes and smiled. Yerin-unnie put her hand out, and one by one, we placed our hands on top of her hand.

"Yeochin saranghae~ Yeochin fighting!!!"

 

**Video time~**

Yerin said she cried after showcase rehearsal: (~12:03) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdZQ1Nd2Gw
 

*Author's message*

Sorry this is not the content that I wanted to write...I started writing this ytd night, but after a whole day I still couldn't think of a better way to write this episode so I decided to leave it this way first...I don't know if I will edit this chapter again though...this chapter is kinda rubbish OTL

Anyway, I can't believe it is already the 3rd comeback that I am going to witness! I think I would spend most of my time on the cb and I probably won't update anytime soon. Sorry in advance for that.

I hope that Gfriend can have a successful comeback, and I hope that all members will be healthy throughout the busy cb period. It was noticed that SinB already had tapes on her arms >.< (screencap: https://twitter.com/Doroshi_nB/status/891696181566349313) (original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCokswUBTE)