Gonna be ok?

It hurts

*SinB's POV*

"Doom doom doom doom doom, pak, da-- da da-- da da-- da da-- The timing is not right..." I looked at our reflection in the mirror and said. We were practicing the introduction part of the choreography of Navillera, which contains some elements of popping. "We pop when it goes da-- da da-- da Let's try again from the beginning...doom doom doom doom doom, pak, da-- da da-- da da-- da da--"

"Eunha-unnie, your angle for the wave..." This time it was the body wave part. "Ok, let me see...this?" Eunha-unnie looked carefully into the mirror and adjusted her angle. "Eunha, your wave is coming down quite quickly LOL..." Sowon-unnie jokingly said. Eunha-unnie pouted her lips and we laughed. Eunha-unnie wasn't really offended by that since she knew that it was just a joke (although she couldn't deny it that she has short arms). Jokes were important at times during practice. They help lighten up the atmosphere when we get too tense, and we have been quite tense during practice these days, since comeback was near, but we haven't achieved perfect synchronization yet.

*Umji's POV*

"Hangsang nae gyeote..." "Ah! Manager-nim!" I was singing when Eunbi called out, having caught a glimpse of manager-nim by the door of the practice room.

"Sorry Umji, sorry guys, gimme a second!" Eunbi said as she ran out to catch up with manager-nim, who couldn't hear Eunbi calling him and continued walking.

"Ya! Wae?!" Sowon-unnie yelled as she eyed Eunbi to the door. Shaking her head, Sowon-unnie said, "Aish...well, guys let's have a short break then."

"I wonder what's wrong..." Yuju-unnie looked concerned.

I got a bad feeling about this...we have been practicing hard these days, and Eunbi looked especially tired..."Could it be her arm?" I asked, worried. Maybe the unnies would know? Eunbi could have told Eunha-unnie. I turned my head towards Eunha-unnie.

"Well, Eunbi said it's manageable yesterday night..." Eunha-unnie answered. "And she seems fine just now..." Yerin-unnie added.

*Sinb's POV*

"Manager-nim!" Ah! This time manager-nim finally heard me. We were half-way through the corridor.

"What's wrong SinB?" Manager-nim asked.

"Can you get me a new roll of KT tape? I forgot to buy it after lunch and I am running out of it."

"Has the pain been very bad? Do you need to see the orthopaedic doctor?" Manager-nim's facial expression changed to a worried one immediately and shot questions at me. Well, I wanted to buy it by myself in the first place because I expected this kind of reaction.

"It's manageable" I think, "I just need it for prevention purpose" mostly, "I don't need a medical appointment" for now...

"Ok then...beige ones right? Do you need white ones too?" Manager-nim asked.

I guess I don't have to match it with our costumes, so, "Beige is fine, thanks! Just put it beside my bag in th practice room when you're back, please. I'm off to practice now."

"Remember, tell us if there's anything wrong...we'll see what we can do..." Manager-nim reminded me again before he headed out to the pharmacy. "Nae~" I said as I ran back to the practice room.

"Guys, I'm back. Sorry I just remembered that I forgot to buy something important..." I should have waited for another break, but I was afraid that manager-nim might have other work, and I would need the tapes after practice.

"Gwaenchanha, we're happy for the break...what did you forget?" Yerin-unnie answered, still lying on the floor in the middle of the room.

"Oh, just some tape for preventing injury...you know comeback is near so better not get hurt..." I tried to put it as lightly as possible.

Sowon-unnie furrowed her brows to my words, "You sure you're alright?"

"Yep, I've been very careful..." I was speaking the truth. Slight pain was inevitable with this amount of practice, but then I truly wasn't injured at this point. With our comeback just around the corner, I won't want to have any accident.

"You better make sure you tell us if you are not feeling well. Ok?" Sowon-unnie added.

"Aye-aye captain~" I playfully answered. They all smiled or giggled.

We practiced a lot that day. Showcase was just a few days ahead, so we didn't have much time left.

That night I was drying my hair with a towel as I stepped out of the washroom and went for my bed. Umji was sitting on her bed crosslegged with a blank expression, using the hair dryer. As I walked past her, I suddenly felt like doing it, so I sat opposite to Umji and did something like peekaboo. Umji stared at me with a confused face, and I did it again. I was about to stand up and return to my path to my bed when Umji turned off the blower and asked, "Eunbi-yah, what did you want to say?"

Well, I didn't have any special meaning, so I just did it once more and decided to go, leaving Umji puzzled. She eyed me as I climbed up the ladder to my bed.

"Ah! Eunbi-ya!" I turned my head, slightly startled. "Wae?" I turned my head, still clinging onto the ladder. Umji rummaged through a bag that was sitting near the end of her bed and drew a white rectangular box from the bag. "Eunbi-yah, this is for you!" Umji said, as she extended her arm towards me.

"Wae?" I was squinting, trying to have a better look of the words on the box, as I jumped down the ladder and shuffled towards Umji. "サ...ロ...ン...パ...ス...what's this?" Having identified Japanese on the box, I gave up trying to decipher the meaning of the words and asked Umji directly.

She asked me to sit on her bed, and as she explained as she opened the box, "My sister just went to Japan, and she bought us some pain relief patches. Here are some for you."

"Ah...that's so nice of unnie. Thanks Umji, and help me say thanks to unnie...but why are you opening it now, since you are giving it to me? Or are you going to give me one patch out of one box? LOL?" I joked.

"Ai...baboya...you sure you don't need one now?" Umji said, while she held my shoulders and turned my body around gently, facing away from her. I heard some tearing sounds and felt a light tug at the neck of my T-shirt.

"Ahh~" I gave a sigh of contentment as I felt the cool sensation at the shoulder. I felt Umji's fingers gently the surface of the patch to make sure that it was applied properly, then she tugged the neck of my shirt up again. "There you go!" She said.

"Yeokshi uri Omuji~" I exclaimed as I let myself fall backwards, onto Umji's lap. I closed my eyes as if I was going to sleep in this position. I knew that it would be truly awkward and embarrassing, but at that moment, a melody intruded my mind and I decided to sing it out.

"가끔은 나 말야
힘들어 지쳐가도 (너를 보며)
기대 쉴 수 있게 날 안아줘

(너는 기억하니) 함께 울고 웃던 (시간들이)
어느새 우릴 빛나게 해
항상 지금처럼만
(같이 있길) 매일 기도할게

(오직 너 하나) 매일 너만 생각해
I Believe 매일 너를 기다려 love for you
참 고마워 내게 와줘서
널 위한 melody 날 위한 sunshine"

I knew I was being really strange, but Umji sang along immediately after I sang one line. Even though the song was new, and even though we were singing parts that belong to other members, miraculously, we completed it without a flaw. At least in my eyes, it was perfect.

Having finished the part I wanted to sing, I was satisfied. I peeked with one eye, and having eye contact with Umji, both of us giggled. I didn't expect myself to display such a sentimental mode. "Eunbi-ya..."

I pushed against the bed and pulled myself into sitting position the second I heard Yuju-unnie's voice. Oh my god. This is embarrassing. I thought Yuju-unnie was asleep!

Umji and I turned our necks in a robotic manner towards Yuju-unnie's direction...Wait! Yuju-unnie IS sleeping!

The two of us looked at each other again and laughed quietly. "Ok, it's really time to sleep now. Today is so tiring!" I yawned as I stood up and went back to my bed. Having heard the bathroom door open, I said, "Eunha-unnie, turn off the lights when you are done!" "Nae~"

"Ok, lights out...one, two..." Eunha-unnie announced, standing by the light switch.

"Yeochin saranghae!"

Eunha-unnie was taken by surprise. She looked at Yuju-unnie open-mouthed for a second, then she responded, "N...Nae...yeochin saranghae..." Then, the room was taken over by darkness.

In the dark, I giggled softly, and I heard another giggle.

"Yeochin saranghae..." I whispered.

"Yeochin saranghae!"

 

**Video time~**

Gfriend singing the intro part of Navillera (no instrumental live dance): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJakCnYC_Eo

Umji talking about SinB's aegyo towards her: (~2:29) http://www.vlive.tv/video/36272?channelCode=F73FF

Yuju's sleeping habits: (~16:28) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR6-AkmDxC4

*Author's message*

Finally I have some motivation to write sth (although I am too lazy to proofread again). I wrote less content in this chapter then that I have planned. In my plan, this chapter should cover all the way to showcase or dislocation accident...so I wonder how would the next chapter go LOL. And now I got a serious problem...I have a language exam very soon and I need to revise, but I also wanna write more asap, and I started editing a video, and my current favourite Japanese drama just started, AND I need to catch up with Gfriend's news!!! God knows when I will be able to update _(:3

Anyway, everybody, prepare yourselves for PARALLEL <3