Big Eunbi

It hurts

Having some kind of an emotional outbreak in front of the camera was embarrassing, especially when I should not be the one in the spotlight. However, despite that, the day also contained a heart-warming episode. One that is a secret between me and Eunha-unnie.

I shed tears in front of the camera, but I knew I shouldn't be doing that. So as Eunha-unnie provided cover for me, I quickly calmed myself down, pushing back all the unnecessary and inappropriate emotions. I was able to put a tiny smile back on my face as we filmed the last bit for the birthday surprise backstage. Then, we continued with our schedule, speaking nothing about my outburst as though nothing happened. I thought it's over. I thought I would only be going through the feelings again when I am all alone on my bed that night. But unexpectedly, Eunha-unnie came to me.

Eunha-unnie acts like a maknae a lot of times, that's why I set 'Mental maknae' as her name in my cellphone contacts. Most of the time, we play like same-age sisters. We laugh at each other, we pull pranks as a team, we do a lot of weird things together. But once in a while, Eunha-unnie will be my special Eunbi-unnie. A reliable unnie to little Eunbi.

We finished our schedule late that night, and after celebrating the Ye-sisters' birthday at a restaurant, manager-nim drove us back to the dorm. We were all drained of energy from the schedules and the celebration, so we were all quiet on the car. I was resting my head against the car window when I heard very light snores. I thought everyone was asleep when I heard Eunha-unnie whisper to me, "Wanna talk?"

I was a bit startled, and I was not sure that I want to talk in the car, with all the members right there in front of me. I hesitated and whispered back, "Talk about what? I am kinda tired though...maybe tomorrow?"

Eunha-unnie seemed to understand my hesitation, and she said, "No worries, they are all asleep. But if that's what you want, what about after lights out?" I stared at Eunha-unnie for a second in silence, and out of impulse, I laid my head on her knees. Without looking up, I uttered "Mmm..." softly as an answer. I felt Eunha-unnie's hand my hair gently, and suddenly I felt like tears were welling up again. Before I dampen her skirt, I took a deep breath and tried to fight back the tears. Then I heard Eunha-unnie sigh softly, and she said, "Sleep for a while, Eunbi-ya, I will wake you up when we are home." Still resting my head on her knees, I nodded slightly, and very soon I drifted off to sleep.

"Eunbi-ya...Eunbi-ya wake up, we are home." I woke up to Eunha-unnie's voice. The other unnies and Umji were already getting off the car. Eunha-unnie and I sat at the back of the car, so we were the last ones to get off the car. The others were hurrying upstairs since we had to take turns to shower. So Eunha-unnie and I took a strolling pace, lurking behind the rest.

When we were back in the dorm, we leaned against the sofa and waited quietly for our turns without talking. We were the only ones in the living room. Eunha-unnie kindly let me take a shower first, but before I got up from the floor, she took my hand and made me do a pinky-promise. "Remember. After lights-out." I got a bit of energy replenished after the nap on the car, so I was able to joke a bit. I rolled my eyes and said, "Fine, as long as you don't spend too much time in the washroom. I can't guarantee that I won't fall asleep while waiting for you~"

Eunha-unnie was exceptionally quick that day. I just finished drying my hair when she stepped out of the bathroom. She dried her hair quickly, then she flicked the lights off. Yuju-unnie and Umji were already sleeping. "Ok, lights off~", she announced. Then I felt somebody climbing up to MY bunk bed. "Oh unnie, just stay at your own bed!" I protested. But unnie ignored me and came to my side.

Then there was a second of silence. I didn't know how to start, so Eunha-unnie started. "Eunbi-ya, we have known each other for so long already, you know I know what you are thinking just by looking at your face. You don't have to keep it all to yourself!"

Perhaps it was because of the atmosphere, or because deep down I wanted to talk, I spilled the beans like somebody gave me Veritaserum. "Unnie, I feel like a bad person. You know what? When I knew that Yuju-unnie's injury was fake, I was jealous. I should be happy for her, but I was jealous. I am such a pathetic person!" Eunbi-unnie was not surprised. She told me in a firm voice, "No. Eunbi-ya, you are definitely not a bad person. It's a bit cheesy to say this, but I know you well, and I can tell you that you have a beautiful mind. I understand why you were jealous. You were in such pain, it's just human to hope that the pain could be a fake one, just like Yuju's. I would have been jealous if I were you."

Eunbi-unnie's answer made me relieved. She continued, "Eunbi-ya, you know I worry about you a lot. When you are in pain, you always shut yourself off and keep it all to yourself. I feel painful seeing you like that. We are like real sisters. I know I can't help much but at least I can lend you a shoulder when you are tired." I was touched by her words, but I couldn't help but ask, "But won't you be tired about this? My problem is not one that could be solved soon. It will keep on happening!"

"Eunbi-ya, we are family. Family does not leave family members alone in pain. To be honest, I can't promise that I will never be tired. It won't sound real to you if I just promise that. I may get tired because I have my own problems as well. But just remember that no matter how I still care for you. We all care for you. Just lean on us when you need to. We all have to learn to lean on each other." Eunbi-unnie didn't give me a promise, but her words were better than a promise. "I will try to. I am glad to have you with me, Eunbi-unnie."

That night we talked a lot, we shared about our worries, we cried together, and we smiled together. We slowly drifted off to sleep on my bunk bed. This was a night when our bond became much stronger.

"Ya...where is Eunha?" I was woken up by Sowon-unnie's loud voice. "She wandered up onto my bed yesterday night! What a scary unnie!" I jokingly said, seeing that Eunha-unnie was struggling to lift her eyelids. "Ya! You begged me to sleep with you yesterday, admit it Hwang SinB!" Eunha-unnie shouted. She opened her eyes and we laughed together.

We didn't plan to tell the others about our talk yesterday. It was a secret between the Eunbis.

 

**Video time~**

Sinb on Eunha's lap (actually i remember seeing another one but perhaps it is on CH+): http://www.vlive.tv/video/25033?channelCode=F73FF

*https://twitter.com/Yun2928/status/851940151030829056 <-- screen capture of the CH+

Mental maknae: http://www.vlive.tv/video/16365?channelCode=F73FF

 

*Author's message*

Oh god I didn't know that this chapter will turn out to be that long, coz it is a chapter that I didn't have in my plan. I suddenly thought that it might be a good idea to write sth like this, and I started to write at around 3am, and turns out this took me till 4:30 to finish this! Sorry if there are any typos coz I kinda typed everything in the dark LOL. Hope you enjoyed it though :)

hmm...I remember that last night there was sth that I wanna add or change but I decided that it's late enough so I should sleep...and now I forgot what was that _(:3