Down in the Mouth

The Day Your Song Ends

[Eun Byeol] K-KISS?!?!?! *pushes Jung Kook away* Ya! W-What were you thinking?!
[Jung Kook] Waeyo?
[Eun Byeol] W-What was that? What did you do?!
[Jung Kook] Oh! That? *lifts a piece of gummy worm* You mean this?
[Eun Byeol] G-Gummy worm?!
[Jung Kook] Waeyo? Were you expecting something different, Noona?
[Eun Byeol] A-Aniyo! I-I was just surprised... Why do you have to do that???
[Jung Kook] Anyway, here's your punishment. Eat these gummy worms!
[Eun Byeol] Mwo? You call this a punishment? This is a prize for me! These are my favorite!
[Jung Kook] *whispers* I know...
[Eun Byeol] You know? How?
[Jung Kook] *smiles* Just finish it.
[Eun Byeol] Oh! It's 7:30pm already? Shouldn't you be at your dormitory at this time?
[Jung Kook] Thank you for reminding me, Noona! By the way, how did you know that we have a curfew?
[Eun Byeol] T-Tae Hyung told me *fake smile*.
[Jung Kook] *whispers* Hmmm? *smiles* Well then, thanks for spending time with me tonight! Let's do this again in the future, Noona!
[Eun Byeol] Sure! Bring the other members next time! Oh please, I really need Tae Hyung by my side when I'm with you! Be careful on your way! Haaa... He finally left. It's now time for a good night sleep.

 

It was surprisingly cold that night and I'm literally battling against the strong winds as I passed by the busy streets. I finally reached my apartment building with my hands frozen cold. I quickly reached for the keys on my handbag and opened the door to see my nightmare.

 

[Tae Hyung] How are you, Lee Eun Byeol? *crosses arms*
[Eun Byeol] Oh crap! Hello, Tae Tae! I missed you sooo much! H-How did you get in?
[Tae Hyung] *shows a spare key* So? Where have you been?
[Eun Byeol] What the @#*&?! He has a spare key?!?!?! I was walking here and there *fake smile*.
[Tae Hyung] Oh? You're walking here and there? *laughs*
[Eun Byeol] *nods* Ne! *fake laugh* It's almost 8pm now. Are you going to leave now? *fake laugh*
[Tae Hyung] *laughs* Oh! So, you purposely went home at 8pm to avoid me? *laughs* *fake laugh* *stops laughing* *shouts* Aisssh! Stop lying! Explain everything to me, NOW! What is really your job?! Why were you in Taiwan?! Why did you come home late?!
[Eun Byeol] *cries* Ah! Arasseo! Arasseo! *wipes tears* I work at "Deespats." It is a company that aims to expose idols like you. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to become one of the employees who write about your group. I was assigned to write about SHINee instead. They were in Taiwan yesterday to perform at a show so we followed them to write an article about it. I was too scared to face you today so I figured that I should hide myself somewhere. Then I met Jung Kook outside the building where he told me that he would treat me at a nearby arcade center. We played there and went home afterwards.
[Tae Hyung] So, you were with Jung Kook the whole time?
[Eun Byeol] *nods* Ne!
[Tae Hyung] *sighs* Ya... Listen to me, Eun Byeol. Please don't visit or even come near our building starting this day, arasseo?
[Eun Byeol] W-Wae? Is there any problem?
[Tae Hyung] There's none. I just want to avoid having a problem. So, please cut off your connections with the members from now on.
[Eun Byeol] You're basically saying that we should break up, right?
[Tae Hyung] Ani! This is to protect our relationship!
[Eun Byeol] Wae? Is it because of my profession?
[Tae Hyung] I told you, it's not about that. Don't get me wrong, Eun Byeol. I just want this relationship to stay strong. So please, help me.
[Eun Byeol] Arasseo... But doesn't it mean that we're not gonna see each other often? *frowns*
[Tae Hyung] Mianhae, Eun Byeol. We can still see each other, however, we should limit ourselves to avoid any suspicions. I'll still contact you every now and then. Let's always keep in touch no matter what happens.
[Eun Byeol] Ne.
[Tae Hyung] *sighs* I have to go *stands up* *walks towards the door*.
[Eun Byeol] *hugs Tae Hyung from behind* I missed you.
[Tae Hyung] Me too *looks at Eun Byeol*. Wait for me, okay? *smiles* *nods* *smiles*

 

Tae Hyung gave me a soft kiss on the lips before heading towards my apartment door. Since we rarely kiss, it easily made my heart flutter and pound faster even after I tucked myself in bed. I had a hard time sleeping that night thinking about Tae Hyung. I'm really lucky to have him. I don't regret saving him and his sister from that evil Tae Yeon! A~ Is there any man like him in the world? HAHAHA I guess none. He's really one of a kind. That night, I felt our bond became stronger than ever before.We can make it. I know we can. The day after that, I did the same morning routine. I checked my phone and saw that Tae Hyung had sent me a message an hour ago. He really wakes up early. The message read:

 

"Good morning! Are you preparing for work?
Eat before you leave and make sure you wear comfortable clothes, okay?
Saranghae~ 💜😚"

 

WAAAHHH!!! Why is he so sweeeet??? Omo! I'm blushing!!! I cleared my throat and fixed my hair first before starting to type in my reply.

 

"Good mooorning, Tae Tae~! Mianhae! I just woke up 😅
I'm already prepared for work 😆 Are you practicing again today?
Don't skip meals, okay? Call me when you're free 😳
Saranghaeyooo! 😘😘😘"

 

Send. I took a deep breath as I imagined Tae Tae's bright smile. Aigoo... Why am I smiling like this alone? HAHAHA I'm glad no one's around or they might think I'm crazy! Before leaving, I secured the windows, doors, and plugs. It's better to be more careful! It was a sunny day that day, a complete opposite of last night. Everything seems fine. The people are smiling, no drivers are using the horns of their cars, there is no traffic jam, and it sounds peaceful in the office. However, no matter how relaxing my environment is, I still can't help feeling sad and lonely as Tae Hyung's words kept on repeating inside my head. "Please don't visit or even come near our building starting this day," I just sighed every time I remember those lines. How can I prevent myself from seeing Tae Hyung? Hooow??? We haven't seen each other for years and knowing that he's just a few rides from here doesn't really help me from stopping my urge to see him. Should I just go back to Daegu? That way, I'll be farther apart from Tae Hyung. That way, dating rumors will be avoided. That way, he can focus on taking over Hallyu. Yes. I should do that... for Tae Hyung's sake.

 

[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] WHAT are you thinking so deeply about?!

 

I almost jumped off my seat after being rabidly surprised by Eun Gyu's sudden appearance.

 

[Eun Byeol] SUNBAE-NIM! *holds chest* *sighs* You almost gave me a heart attack!
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Not my fault! You were in deep thought a while ago. Wae? What's the problem with you?
[Eun Byeol] A~ Eobseoyo...
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Is it because of your boyfriend?
[Eun Byeol] W-What? H-How did you- Oh yes! That time! She caught me talking to Tae Tae on the phone!
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Did I hit the right spot? When we were in Taiwan, you were talking to your boyfriend, right? Did you fight? What's the problem?
[Eun Byeol] Ne... That's my boyfriend. We didn't fight but... starting today we cannot see each other freely anymore.
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Wae? Your parents do not agree with your relationship?
[Eun Byeol] A~ Sunbae-nim... What is this? A drama? That's not the case. My parents like him a lot and I get along with his parents, too. It's just work.
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Work? Why would it be the reason why you don't have time for each other? Is your boyfriend a celebrity?

 

You are asking a lot of questions but yes, you are correct. I did not answer any of her questions anymore. I feel so blue to keep on chatting with her.

 

[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] *pats Eun Byeol's back* Don't lose hope! If you truly love each other, you can surpass any problem may it be big or small. Also, you need to cheer up! BTS is gonna debut on June 12! We should be excited! Although I'm a Shawol, I will be supporting BTS as well! *winks*
[Eun Byeol] Kamsahabnida! *hugs Eun Gyu* Sunbae-nim is right. Although I'm not sure if I should be happy or not that Tae Hyung's gonna debut soon, I should show him my full support! Yes, Tae Hyung. I'll always be by your side through serendipity and adversity!

 

I'm thankful that Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim was there with me to comfort and cheer me up. However, at the end of the day, my message for him was left unopened and unread.