Namchin Wrecker

The Day Your Song Ends

[Eomma] How's Taiwan?
[Eun Byeol] It's really beautiful in here! The ambience is really good! I wish I can take you and Appa here soon.
[Eomma] Aigoo~ You don't have to! Anyway, have you eaten already?
[Eun Byeol] We haven't eaten yet! We're still at the venue!
[Eomma] Is that so? Well then, go back to work or you'll be scolded! Don't forget to eat after!
[Eun Byeol] I know that, Eomma! Where's Appa?
[Eomma] Here! Talk to him! *calls Eun Byeol's father*
[Appa] Yoboseyo? Eun Byeollie?
[Eun Byeol] A~ Appa... You're still calling me that? *laughs*
[Appa] How are you doing?
[Eun Byeol] I won't lie! It's honestly tiring! But, I still find it fun too!
[Appa] Good to hear that. So, Tae Hyung?
[Eun Byeol] He's doing great too! He has a lot of good friends, so no need to worry about him.
[Appa] Arasseo... Say hi to him for me. Remember, if he cheats on you, I'm ready to fly to Seoul to kick his !
[Eun Byeol] You don't have to, Appa! *laughs* He's so busy to date anyone other than me.
[Appa] Hah! Just don't make me catch him red-handed! I'll rea---
[Eomma] A~! Enough of that! Eun Byeol has to work now! Annyeong, Eun Byeol!
[Eun Byeol] Ne! Annyeong! Saranghaeyo! Haaa... I really miss Eomma and Appa. As a young kid, I always long to become independent and live by myself. You know... without Eomma and Appa. Now that they're not by my side, it feels... lonely. I feel scared as well. I'm so glad I heard their voices again. HAHAHA! They never forget to check up on Tae Tae and I think that's beautiful.

 

I was about to head back to where Eun Gyu and the others are when my phone rang again. Who could it be this time? Is it Eomma again? Oh! Ani... It's Tae Tae!

 

[Tae Hyung] Ya! I heard you're in Taiwan right now. Why didn't you tell me?!
[Eun Byeol] Mianhae! It was really sudden! Of course it wasn't sudden. I knew you won't let me travel to Taiwan alone.
[Tae Hyung] A~ When are you coming back?
[Eun Byeol] I'll be back tomorrow.
[Tae Hyung] Tomorrow?! Ya! Are you crazy?! Go back here, RIGHT NOW!
[Eun Byeol] Haaa... I knew this would happen if he finds out. I can't! I'm working at the moment!
[Tae Hyung] I thought you're only working at a newspaper company. Why do you have to go to Taiwan for work???
[Eun Byeol] There's an important issue here that we have to write about. I'm assisting my sunbae for the meantime.

 

Just then...

 

[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Lee Eun Byeol!!! SHINee's almost leaving! What's taking you so long?!
[Eun Byeol] *puts index finger in front of lips* Shhh!!!
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Wae?! Namjachingu?!
[Tae Hyung] Ya! Lee Eun Byeol! What does she mean by "SHINee's almost leaving"??? What are you doing there?! Really?!

 

I hung up immediately without answering Tae Hyung's questions and that is the dumbest decision I have ever made.

 

[Eun Byeol] Why did I hang up?! Omo! I shouldn't have hung up!!! I look more suspicious now! I can't call him back either! It would make our conversation longer... WAAAHHH!!! ODDOKE?!?!?! I'M DEAD!!! Why do you have to shout that???
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] What are you talking about??? That's not what's important right now! SHINee's already leaving! We have to catch up!

 

There was no choice left but to follow Eun Gyu and continue our job. Crying won't solve anything because whatever I do, I'm already certain that I will be a dead meat when I come home. We woke up early in the morning to catch our plane to Seoul. The flight was tiring although it didn't took us long. The smell of fresh Seoul air and doom welcomed us as we landed on our homeland. We went straight to our building to edit and write our articles.

 

[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Ya? Are you okay?
[Eun Byeol] Of course not. I can die anytime now, you know? Mianhae, Sunbae-nim... I'm just too tired from the flight.
[Sunbae-nim] I guess it's because it's your first time riding a plane. Don't worry! You can go home for now.
[Eun Byeol] Ne! Kamsahamnida!

 

I took my things and excitedly hopped towards the building's exit. Finally! Rest day! Now, all I have to do is lock myself to hide from Tae Hyung! I just hope no one...

 

[Jung Kook] Noona!
[Eun Byeol] ...sees me. *fake smile* Jung Kook! What the actual %*!
[Jung Kook] Oh!!! You still remember my name! I'm flattered!
[Eun Byeol] Didn't I tell you that I won't forget it again?
[Jung Kook] You kept your promise! Because of that, I have something for you. Follow me!
[Eun Byeol] Ah! Ah! Mianhae, Jung Kook! I can't go to your practice room right now... for... some... reason *fake smile*.
[Jung Kook] Who said we're going to the practice room? We're going somewhere else.
[Eun Byeol] M-Mwo??? W-Where???
[Jung Kook] Just follow me! *holds Eun Byeol's hand* I'm guessing no one's gonna be mad since you have no boyfriend, right?
[Eun Byeol] What?! What?! What?! Why is he asking me that?! What should I say?! Omooo!!! Jung Kook, I...
[Jung Kook] *smiles* Let's go! *runs*
[Eun Byeol] W-Wait!

 

He took me to an arcade center where I can only see a few people entering. What is he planning to do?

 

[Jung Kook] Noona, where do you want to start?
[Eun Byeol] J-Jung Kook! It's embarrassing but *whispers* I have no money.
[Jung Kook] You don't have to worry about it! It's all on me! *winks*
[Eun Byeol] Why are you doing this?
[Jung Kook] Honestly, I have no one to be with. Luckily, I saw you and took the chance to treat you.
[Eun Byeol] How about the other members? Why don't you go out with them?
[Jung Kook] They all refuse to! They all say that I'm too big now and I should handle myself alone... It's okay if you want to go now. Sorry for bothering you.
[Eun Byeol] Ani! I'd like to join you here!
[Jung Kook] Jinjjaro?
[Eun Byeol] Ne! Should we start playing basketball first?
[Jung Kook] Sure! Let's do that! To make it more exciting, let's have a small game. The one who has the least number of wins will receive a punishment chosen by the winner.
[Eun Byeol] Okay! That's too easy! Don't you know your opponent is the master of all arcade games?
[Jung Kook] *teases* Oh? Reaaally??? Are you accepting my challenge then?
[Eun Byeol] Of course! Game on!

 

We first played basketball and it's not easier than I thought it would be. I never predicted that he's good in basketball so he won the first round. We played "Cross Attack" next and I'm glad that I chose it because it gave me a chance to catch up on him. Jung Kook suggested to play "Spree Lighter" after losing the second round. It wasn't my first time playing that game so I agreed. I used to play it on a console with my friends that is why I have a few knowledge about it. Unfortunately, I forgot some of the special combos, not giving me any advantage at all. It was really a close fight but I still lost.

 

[Jung Kook] If you lose one more time then you lose the battle *laughs*.
[Eun Byeol] I won't lose!
[Jung Kook] Hmmm? So, where should we go next?
[Eun Byeol] Noraebang!

 

He looked at me as if he wasn't able to process what I said so I repeated what I proposed.

 

[Eun Byeol] Noraebang. Let's see who scores higher.
[Jung Kook] Are you sure? You know my job, right?
[Eun Byeol] Job? What job? Wait. He's Tae Hyung's co-member at a group called BTS. BTS is a k-pop group. K-pop is equal to music genre. Music includes composing, lyric writing, dancing, playing instrument, and... SINGING. WHAT THE @#&*! I FORGOT! B-BUT I CAN'T TAKE IT BACK ANYMORE! I WILL JUST LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT!!!! NEVERMIND! I'm giving my all for tonight! Okay... Act cool. Yeah. I know you're gonna debut as a singer. Still, don't speak too early. I can sing pretty well too.
[Jung Kook] Oooh... Can't wait to hear you sing! Let's go to the karaoke room!!!

 

Although I acted and looked normal, I was actually shaking on the inside. We haven't started singing yet but I know I have already lost. You're as stupid as ever, Eun Byeol. Why would you challenge a singer on a singing competition when you can't even sing? Aisssh! Jinjja... "I can sing pretty well too"? Mwoya? You must be kidding me.

 

[Jung Kook] Noona, do you want to sing first?
[Eun Byeol] No, you go ahead! *fake smile*

 

Jung Kook smiled as he started to input the song's number on the karaoke machine. 

 

[Eun Byeol] He must be thinking, "Haha! I have won!" Watch out, Jung Kook! I will win! Eh? You're singing "Two Melodies?"
[Jung Kook] Ne! It's the song I sang when I auditioned.

 

Daebak. He's no joke. I have heard a lot of people singing that song for ages and honestly, I haven't heard a decent cover of it until I listened to Jung Kook. I actually felt something piercing through my heart just by hearing his voice. It was really wonderful that I remained silent while staring at him. He finished singing while glancing at me. I clapped my hands in awe to break the silence.

 

[Eun Byeol] Waaah... *claps* You're a singer, alright. Why do you have to take it seriously? Jinjja. You're no fun... I'm speechless.
[Jung Kook] I know, right! I can tell you're speechless just by looking at the way you stare at me.
[Eun Byeol] Mwo?
[Jung Kook] So? What are you gonna sing?
[Eun Byeol] Lee Juck's "Rain."
[Jung Kook] Ahhh... I see... Good song choice!
[Eun Byeol] Wae? Are you saying I can't sing it properly???
[Jung Kook] Ani ani! *laughs* I just remembered something.

 

Hmmm? What is it? I wasn't able to ask what he suddenly remembered since the song started to play. I cleared my throat first before singing and sang it as if I was having a concert. Jung Kook was silent at that time too which had me thinking about what is he possibly saying in his mind. He then gave me a smirk and I felt my heart beginning to pound real fast. Mwoji? Is he trying to distract me or what? Why is my heart suddenly beating fast? I was caught off-guard that I started to lose the tempo and mess up the lyrics. Since then, it was decided. I lost and Jung Kook won. Haaa... I should've won that round if only Jung Kook didn't distract me...

 

[Jung Kook] Ya! Noona, don't be sad. You sound good too!
[Eun Byeol] *pouts* I'm not sad!
[Jung Kook] Arasseo! *laughs* You're not... Should I reveal your punishment?
[Eun Byeol] Ne... Go ahead.
[Jung Kook] Close your eyes!
[Eun Byeol] A~ What are you trying to do?
[Jung Kook] Just close iiit!!!
[Eun Byeol] Arasseo! Arasseo! I will close it! *closes eyes*
[Jung Kook] Since you lost the challenge, you're going to receive a punishment from the winner. You should receive this wholeheartedly, okay?
[Eun Byeol] Ah Jung Kook! I swear! If you try something funny, I will punch you in the face! Jinjja! I can do it! I can rea---W-What... is... this? It's soft... and it's touching my lips. SOLMA! IT CAN'T BE!