He Did That

The Day Your Song Ends

I was awakened by a catchy yet annoying tune coming from my phone the next morning. I looked at the clock, hanging on the wall, to check what time is it and oh my goodness it's still 5am! Aaahhh! Who could it be at this time of the day?! I reached for my phone that was sitting on top of my desk and was a bit surprised to see that it was Tae Hyung. What could be the problem? Why is he calling so early? I answered my phone anxiously with my voice still hoarse.


[Eun Byeol] Tae? Wae?
[Tae Hyung] Goooood Morniiing~!!!
[Eun Byeol] What's the matter? Is everything okay?
[Tae Hyung] Ne! Everything's fine! Why did you ask?
[Eun Byeol] If nothing's wrong then why are you calling me at 5am?!
[Tae Hyung] I just want to ask you out this morning... Mianhae... Are you mad?
[Eun Byeol] Ani!!! Mian! I just woke up so I'm sorry. Anyway, why are you asking me out at this time of the day?
[Tae Hyung] First of all, I want to apologize for what happened last night. It took you hours just to see me and in the end you were only able to spend time with me for twenty minutes. Second, the Japchae you brought last night is undeniably mouth-watering! I'd like to thank you for that! And third, I missed you so I want to hang out with you.
[Eun Byeol] Awww~! But why now? Why not later? I'm still sleepy and tired *yawns*.
[Tae Hyung] I'm sorry but that's the only free time I have. Our group will be practicing for our debut stage from 8am onwards. I'm really sorry!
[Eun Byeol] Arasseo! Arasseo! Where are you now?
[Tae Hyung] I just messaged you the location!
[Eun Byeol] Okaaay~! See you there in an hour!

 

I arrived at the destination where Tae Hyung said he's waiting. The place looks crowded for a lot of people, especially families, were walking here and there. Why would he choose such place? Won't someone recognize him here? I scanned around me, looking for Tae Hyung. He said he's already there and has already seen me but, being the childish person he is, he wanted me to search for him instead. I already checked every single tree I could find around the place but I still can't find him.

 

[Eun Byeol] Tae! I quit! Show yourself now!
[Tae Hyung] A~ How could you not notice me when I'm just standing beside you?
[Eun Byeol] Mwoya?! I did not recognize you with that look! What's with the getup?
[Tae Hyung] *whispers* It's a disguise! A disguise! It will be bad not only for me but also for you if someone found out that I'm from BTS!
[Eun Byeol] You're still drawing a lot of attention though.

 

At that moment, Tae Hyung slightly took off his sunglasses to observe the people around him. He started hiding behind me after he confirmed that they are really looking at him with confused faces.

 

[Eun Byeol] *hits Tae Hyung's arm* *whispers* Hajima Tae! You're making yourself look more suspicious!

 

He finally stood up after a few minutes and grabbed my hand, taking me somewhere far from where we came from. What is this place? What is he planning to do? I noticed him looking around us, as if he's checking if someone's following. He then threw a blanket on the grass and pat the empty spot beside him, saying I should sit there as he gave me his sweet smile. I sat where he wanted me to and I felt surprisingly comfortable.

 

[Eun Byeol] So... Are we on a picnic today?
[Tae Hyung] I've always wanted to go on a picnic with you but since you're in Daegu and is always busy, I didn't bother to ask you.
[Eun Byeol] Mianhae! At least we're together right now so let's just enjoy this!

 

The both of us were silent for half an hour, busily stuffing ourselves, until I had the gut to ask him a few questions.

 

[Eun Byeol] Ya! Please tell me about your group!
[Tae Hyung] Ah ne! I almost forgot that I'm already going to debut in a group *laughs*. Our debut song will be entitled "No More Dream". It's a really fun song! You should listen to it when we release the music video! Arasseo?
[Eun Byeol] Can't you sing a little bit for me?
[Tae Hyung] Andwae~! It's a surprise!
[Eun Byeol] *sighs* Okay... Fine~ Was shooting your music video fun?
[Tae Hyung] Ne! The setting is really cool! Oh! The dance steps are extraordinary as well! You will really enjoy it! *whispers* Although there's a part where Jimin Hyung raises his shirt to show his abs, *smiles* you'll still enjoy it 'cause I'm part of it!
[Eun Byeol] How about your co-members? What are they like?
[Tae Hyung] Oh! All of them are so funny and caring! They never fail to make me laugh. Anyway, we are composed of seven members. There's Yoongi Hyung, Rapmon Hyung, Jin Hyung, J-Hope Hyung, Jimin Hyung, and Jungkook. *points himself* I am the second youngest.
[Eun Byeol] Oh... That's pretty awesome. So, when are you going to introduce them to me?
[Tae Hyung] Ne?
[Eun Byeol] Of course I'd like to meet them too! I want to know who are the people my Tae Tae is working with. I also would like to thank them for taking care of you when I wasn't around. So? When?
[Tae Hyung] Ya! Let's eat this! The ants are crawling onto it!!! *wipes ants away from the sandwiches*
[Eun Byeol] Oh! You're right! *helps Tae Hyung* Let's eat!

 

I felt something suspicious about how Tae Hyung avoided my question. What could be the possible reason why he doesn't want me to meet s? This question boggled me a lot that it made me follow him after our picnic. I observed him for half an hour until he reached Bighit Entertainment's building where he greeted everyone politely.

 

[Tae Hyung] *bows* Annyeonghaseyo!

 

Nothing seems suspicious. In fact, I felt proud and happy for him. We never knew that he's gonna achieve his biggest dream. I entered the building as well after he rode an elevator. A lady, who was standing by at the lobby, called my attention and asked where I was going. I told her I'm one of Tae Hyung's mutuals and I want to visit him. Unluckily, I was not allowed to stroll around the building and was advised to wait for him there instead. I guess it's not that easy. After two hours, I heard loud giggles coming from the elevator's location. There, I saw seven good-looking men wearing white shirts and guess what? Tae Tae's one of them. Due to my excitement, I stood up from where I was sitting and ran towards them.

 

[Eun Byeol] Tae Tae!

 

All of them looked at me in surprise, especially Tae Hyung who looked uneasy as his eyes avoided mine. What is happening here? Why is Tae Hyung acting like that? There was an awkward silence between the eight of us until one member asked Tae Hyung the question.

 

[Member 1] Tae Hyung-ah, do you know her?

 

I looked at him; I can sense confusion written all over my face. He, then, sighed and finally opened his mouth.

 

[Tae Hyung] Ne...

 

I felt tense for a moment. I thought he was going to deny me...

 

[Tae Hyung] ...she's my childhood friend.

 

...or so I thought.