Palpitating to the Melody

The Day Your Song Ends

 


It's been a month since the last time I last saw Eun Byeol Noona. I wonder if she's doing okay. Ever since she saw me and V Hyung fight, she has not yet returned to visit us. Was that a turn off? I was walking near the coffee shop where I saw noona before when I saw a woman sneaking out of a building. I looked at the building first before having a decent look at the familiar woman. Deespats?!? Isn't this the infamous paparazzi organization?! I better hide my face before one of them sees me! Oh? Wait. Isn't that noona? Why is she coming out of that building looking scared?

 

[Jung Kook] Noona!
[Eun Byeol Noona] Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Kook!
[Jung Kook] Oh!!! You still remember my name! I'm flattered!
[Eun Byeol Noona] Didn't I tell you that I won't forget it again?
[Jung Kook] You kept your promise! Because of that, I have something for you. Follow me! Right, Jung Kook! You have to get to know her first!
[Eun Byeol Noona] Ah! Ah! Mianhae, Jung Kook! I can't go to your practice room right now... for... some... reason.
[Jung Kook] Who said we're going to the practice room? We're going somewhere else.
[Eun Byeol Noona] M-Mwo??? W-Where???
[Jung Kook] Just follow me! *holds Eun Byeol's hand* I'm guessing no one's gonna be mad since you have no boyfriend, right? THAT'S IT JUNG KOOK! ASK THE IMPORTANT QUESTION! Oh??? She looks intimidated?
[Eun Byeol Noona] Jung Kook, I...
[Jung Kook] Wait. Is she going to say she has one??? Blah blah blah! I don't want to hear it! *smiles* Let's go! *runs*
[Eun Byeol Noona] W-Wait!

 

I took her to a nearby arcade center where there are only a few people inside to avoid chaos.

 

[Jung Kook] Noona, where do you want to start?
[Eun Byeol Noona] J-Jung Kook! It's embarrassing but *whispers* I have no money.
[Jung Kook] You don't have to worry about it! It's all on me! *winks* 
[Eun Byeol Noona] Why are you doing this?
[Jung Kook] Honestly, I have no one to be with. Luckily, I saw you and took the chance to treat you.
[Eun Byeol Noona] How about the other members? Why don't you go out with them?
[Jung Kook] They all refuse to! They all say that I'm too big now and I should handle myself alone... It's okay if you want to go now. Sorry for bothering you. Is she going to fall for it?
[Eun Byeol Noona] Ani! I'd like to join you here!
[Jung Kook] Jinjjaro? Yes!
[Eun Byeol Noona] Ne! Should we start playing basketball first?
[Jung Kook] Sure! Let's do that! To make it more exciting, let's have a small game. The one who has the least number of wins will receive a punishment chosen by the winner.
[Eun Byeol Noona] Okay! That's too easy! Don't you know your opponent is the master of all arcade games?
[Jung Kook] *teases* Oh? Reaaally??? Are you accepting my challenge then?
[Eun Byeol Noona] Of course! Game on!

 

We first played basketball where I easily won the round. It was not even that hard to beat her. We played "Cross Attack" next where I was surprised for I lost. It is not because I have no skills in this type of game... it is just because... there is something distracting me. I am not sure what it is. I was just unable to concentrate so I suggested  to play "Spree Lighter". It was a close fight but I still won.

 

[Jung Kook] If you lose one more time then you lose the battle *laughs*.
[Eun Byeol Noona] I won't lose!
[Jung Kook] Hmmm? So, where should we go next?
[Eun Byeol Noona] Noraebang!

 

Noraebang? Did I hear that right? Is she challenging ME on a singing competition?

 

[Eun Byeol Noona] Noraebang. Let's see who scores higher.
[Jung Kook] Waaah... She's really something. Are you sure? You know my job, right? Oh? She frozed? Did she just realized what she is talking about?
[Eun Byeol Noona] Yeah. I know you're gonna debut as a singer. Still, don't speak too early. I can sing pretty well too.
[Jung Kook] Oooh... Can't wait to hear you sing! Let's go to the karaoke room!!!

 

We quietly walked our way to the Karaoke room and I can notice that she's feeling nervous. Mwoya? Is she really taking this competition seriously? She honestly doesn't need to feel nervous at all. Should I just let her win? She looks really cute now... AH! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING JUNG KOOK! NO! But... my heart. I feel different. We then entered the karaoke room filled with neon lights and percussion instruments on the table.

 

[Jung Kook] Noona, do you want to sing first?
[Eun Byeol Noona] No, you go ahead!

 

Of course. I should. Why do I even ask? I excitedly entered the numbers after searching the song book. Alright! Gotta show her what I got!

 

[Eun Byeol Noona] Eh? You're singing "Two Melodies?"
[Jung Kook] Ne! It's the song I sang when I auditioned. It brings back memories.

 

I was so into the song that I got swayed and got distracted again. We locked eyes for a moment and I really can't get my eyes off of her. What is wrong with me??? She gave me a smile while clapping her hands and I melted. She liked it.

 

[Eun Byeol Noona] Waaah... *claps* You're a singer, alright. Why do you have to take it seriously? Jinjja. You're no fun... I'm speechless.
[Jung Kook] I know, right! I can tell you're speechless just by looking at the way you stare at me.
[Eun Byeol Noona] Mwo?
[Jung Kook] So? What are you gonna sing?
[Eun Byeol Noona] Lee Juck's "Rain."
[Jung Kook] Ahhh... I see... That's... V Hyung's favorite song... Good song choice!
[Eun Byeol Noona] Wae? Are you saying I can't sing it properly???
[Jung Kook] Ani ani! *fake laugh* I just remembered something.

 

She started singing and, even if it wasn't like how a professional singer would sing it, she sounds amazing. I bet she will be able to become a trainee if she auditioned. I can't help myself from staring at her and smiling while listening to her soothing voice. Our eyes met and she suddenly lost her tempo and forgot the lyrics. Was she distracted? Because of that she lost another round and I won the whole game.

 

[Jung Kook] Ya! Noona, don't be sad. You sound good too!
[Eun Byeol Noona] *pouts* I'm not sad!
[Jung Kook] She's so cute! Arasseo! *laughs* You're not... Should I reveal your punishment?
[Eun Byeol Noona] Ne... Go ahead.
[Jung Kook] Close your eyes!
[Eun Byeol Noona] A~ What are you trying to do?
[Jung Kook] Just close iiit!!!
[Eun Byeol Noona] Arasseo! Arasseo! I will close it! *closes eyes*
[Jung Kook] Since you lost the challenge, you're going to receive a punishment from the winner. You should receive this wholeheartedly, okay? Mianhae, noona.
[Eun Byeol Noona] Ah Jung Kook! I swear! If you try something funny, I will punch you in the face! Jinjja! I can do it! I can rea--- *pushes Jung Kook away* Ya! W-What were you thinking?!
[Jung Kook] Waeyo?
[Eun Byeol Noona] W-What was that? What did you do?!
[Jung Kook] Oh! That? *lifts a piece of gummy worm* You mean this?
[Eun Byeol Noona] G-Gummy worm?!
[Jung Kook] Waeyo? Were you expecting something different, Noona?
[Eun Byeol Noona] A-Aniyo! I-I was just surprised... Why do you have to do that???
[Jung Kook] Anyway, here's your punishment. Eat these gummy worms!
[Eun Byeol Noona] Mwo? You call this a punishment? This is a prize for me! These are my favorite!
[Jung Kook] *whispers* I know...
[Eun Byeol Noona] You know? How?
[Jung Kook] V Hyung told us countless times that you like gummy worms a lot. *fake smile* Ani... Hyung said his first love likes gummy worms. Just finish it.
[Eun Byeol Noona] Oh! It's 7:30pm already? Shouldn't you be at your dormitory at this time?
[Jung Kook] Thank you for reminding me, Noona! By the way, how did you know that we have a curfew?
[Eun Byeol Noona] T-Tae Hyung told me *smiles*.
[Jung Kook] *whispers* Hmmm? Why would hyung tell you? *fake smile* Well then, thanks for spending time with me tonight! Let's do this again in the future, Noona!
[Eun Byeol Noona] Sure! Bring the other members next time! Be careful on your way!

 

I watched her quickly leave the place with her tiny footsteps. She never even looked back. Pabo. It's not like she's gonna fall for you instantly like that, Jung Kook. I touched my lips while still watching her walk away until she was already out of my sight. Her lips... It was really soft.