I'm Fine, I Still Love You

The Day Your Song Ends

I called Tae Hyung after realizing that he hadn't replied nor read my message for him that morning. Mwoya? He is not answering my calls either! What happened to him? I have already missed called him twenty times and yet, there's still no Tae Hyung answering his phone. Without any second thought, I went straight to BigHit Entertainment's building even if he had told me to stay away from that place. It was already 10 o'clock in the evening but that didn't stop me from looking for Tae Hyung. The lady in the lobby greeted me again as I set foot inside the building.

 

[Eun Byeol] Excuse me, where is Tae Hyung?
[Lady] Oh! Tae Hyung-ssi? He went out with the other members.
[Eun Byeol] At what time?
[Lady] It's been two hours since they left.
[Eun Byeol] Did they tell you where they are going?
[Lady] Anibnida. I only heard that they are going to eat somewhere.
[Eun Byeol] Is that so? Kamsahabnida!

 

After leaving the building, I called Tae Hyung again. That time, it didn't ring for several minutes but he purposely hung up! Did he just rejected my call??? I was infuriating that moment for it was the first time Tae Hyung dropped my call so I sent him a message where I wrote:

 

"YA! HOW DARE YOU HANG UP ON ME? EODIYA?!
WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING MY CALLS?!
IF I FOUND OUT THAT YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING FUNNY BEHIND MY BACK,
YOU'RE DEAD."

 

Waaahhh... I can't believe this! This is the first time I felt so mad at Tae Hyung. He better give me an acceptable reason for why is he ignoring my messages and calls or else.... Ughhh! Why is he taking so long to reply?! Several hours have already passed but Tae Hyung is still not replying nor answering my calls. I actually had not slept that night and skipped work the next day because of him. Although I feel outraged, I am still worried about him. Ya... Where did he go? I was in my bed, crying with my bed sheet above my head, when my phone vibrated and rang. T-TAE HYUNG!

 

[Tae Hyung] B-BYEOL-AH! M-MIANHAE!

 

I felt relieved after hearing his voice on the phone again. So... He was all right all along. I did not want to show him that I am in the brink of dying before he called so I ended the call without giving him a response. I hate you, Tae Hyung. You made me worry. As I expected, he came knocking on my door just several minutes later. After a few knocks, I opened the door and saw his face wrapped up in fear.

 

[Eun Byeol] Would you mind explaining? *crosses arms* *raises eyebrow*
[Tae Hyung] Byeol-ah, I didn't mean to make you worry. I really can't use my phone all day yesterday that's why I'm unable to reply to your messages or even answer your calls. Since our debut is just around the corner, our manager confiscated our phones for the meantime so that we could concentrate on our practice. I wasn't allowed to leave their sight either even for a few minutes only. I literally can't do anything to contact you.
[Eun Byeol] I went to your building last night but your not there. Where did you go?
[Tae Hyung] We ate dinner that time and went straight to the dormitory. I'm sorry if I made you wait too long.
[Eun Byeol] That's not the case, Tae Hyung-ah! I don't care if I wait too long! What irritates me is that you made me worry!
[Tae Hyung] Mianhae... Eun Byeol-ah...
[Eun Byeol] *sighs* I-It's okay... At least I know you're well.

 

He hugged me tightly while saying "sorry" a couple of times. No matter how infuriated I was before he came, it all went away and he still made me smile. I guess I just really love Tae Hyung so much and I treasure him a lot. I think this is what makes our relationship sturdy. We know how to forgive each other and once we commit a mistake we never do it again.

 

[Eun Byeol] Are you hungry?
[Tae Hyung] A~ Of course I am! Do you know I didn't wash at all just to see you immediately?
[Eun Byeol] Aigoo~ You don't have to tell me that! So disgusting! You didn't wash yourself and yet you have the nerve to hug me a while ago? Ew!
[Tae Hyung] Ya! Mworago?! *tickles Eun Byeol*
[Eun Byeol] *laughs* S-Stop it!!! Hajimaaa!!! *laughs*

 

Just then, a loud ringtone with a strong vibration emerged from Tae Hyung's phone on the coffee table, interrupting my bonding moment with Tae Hyung.

 

[Tae Hyung] Who could that be?!

 

He picked up the phone and I saw how his facial expression quickly changed from mad to horrified.

 

[Eun Byeol] *whispers* Who is it???
[Tae Hyung] *whispers* M-Manager Hyung...
[Eun Byeol] *whispers* Answer it!

 

He nervously accepted the call from his manager where a deafening shout welcomed him across the line.

 

[Manager] You, brat! WHERE ARE YOU?!
[Tae Hyung] Hyung! I just went out for fresh air! Why do you have to be so mad?
[Manager] HOW DARE YOU SMELL SOME FRESH AIR WHEN YOUR OTHER MEMBERS ARE PRACTICING HERE?! COME BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY OR I'LL SHOVE YOUR CONTRACT RIGHT INTO YOUR A-- *hangs up*
[Eun Byeol] Eh? What happened? Did you hang up on him?
[Tae Hyung] Mianhae... I have to go back.
[Eun Byeol] It's okay! Be careful on your way back.
[Tae Hyung] Mianhae... *kisses Eun Byeol's cheek* *opens door*.
[Eun Byeol] Sarang- *closes door* -hae...

 

He left. If this is what it takes to make Tae Hyung's biggest dream come true, I will gladly endure this feeling everyday. This is all for him. I will do everything for him. Since I have already confirmed that Tae Hyung is already safe and sound in the hands of his manager (I guess)  plus, I don't have anything good to do in my apartment, I called Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim to ask if I can help with any projects that has to be done that day. She then invited me to join her in SHINee's 5th Anniversary Special Party. Before leaving, I informed Tae Hyung in advance that I will be going to work and will be home late. I know it has not been a case between us before but since then, he rarely replies to my messages or even give me calls. I would receive stickers from him on PINE App late at night but that was only once in a blue moon. I thought it was the worst thing that has ever happened in our relationship until their debut came.

 

[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Eun Byeol-ssi, what date is it todaaaaay????? *smiles*
[Eun Byeol] June 12.
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] And today isssss?????
[Eun Byeol] Thursday?
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] A~ Mwoya??? Are you really a fan or not?
[Eun Byeol] I'm just joking! *fake laugh* Of course, today is... BTS' debut.
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] What's with the long face, eh? Did something really bad happened?
[Eun Byeol] *sighs* Maybe...
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Aigoo~ Cheer up! This is the day you've been waiting for and yet you look like that! 
[Eun Byeol] The day I've been waiting for? *sighs* Molla...
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Aisssh! Jinjja! I'll be going then! Make sure you're feeling okay by the time I come back. Arasseo?
[Eun Byeol] Sunbae! Where are you going?
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] I don't know... To Jonghyun Oppa? *laughs*
[Eun Byeol] A~ Be careful on your way to your "Jonghyun Oppa" then! *laughs*
[Eun Gyu Sunbae-nim] Yeaaaaap~!

 

I am alone again. These days, I don't know if the times I spent with Tae Hyung were real or not. I can't even tell the difference between reality and imagination anymore. Did we really meet each other in the past? Did he really court me when we were teenagers? Or are they all just sceneries created by my vast imagination? I have been asking these questions over and over, hoping I would distinguish what is real and not. But all of these hesitations were always blown away every time he sends me a picture of himself, asking if I was doing okay. Our late night conversations never fail to make me feel relieved. Still, no matter how many times he had said "I love you" to me, I still feel anxious and I think I'm going insane.