Day 2 | Gone

Bite Me | A Park Jimin Fanfiction

Morning quickly came and when I woke up I was still in Jimin’s arms. He was sacked out, most likely tired from everything that happened yesterday. I glanced up to notice that our siblings were still fast asleep as well.

Being careful, I slowly got out of Jimin’s hold and headed downstairs. I was quiet at first, being sneaky when I saw Jimin’s parents fast asleep on the couch and my father staring out the window.

“Hey Dad,” I whispered, not wanting to scare him or wake the others. He whipped his head around and smiled.

“Hey pumpkin. Did you sleep okay?”

“Yeah, I passed out. How about you, did you get any sleep at all?” He quickly looked away, not wanting to look at my face.

“I would like to say I did but I would be lying. I couldn’t sleep at all. I have just been watching outside, wanting to keep an eye out.” He sighed, rubbing his head. I could tell he was clearly tired. I came over and gave him a quick hug. He laughed at my gesture.

“What is this for?”

“You let the others sleep and stayed up by yourself huh?” I asked. He laughed harder, rubbing my back like he always did when I was little.

“Guilty.” I laughed as well, seeing right through him. And I just wonder where I got my attitude of putting others before myself from.

“Well, you should go get some sleep. I will stand watch.” I suggested. He immediately backed up.

“No. I don’t want-”

“Dad. It’s fine.” I interrupted. “Nothing has happened so far, so go sleep a little okay? Plus everyone is probably going to wake up soon anyways.” He looked down at me, knowing fully well that once I had my mind set on something, I was pretty hard to change.

“Fine. But you see anything…ANYTHING. You better come and get me, alright?” I nodded.

“Now go! Get some sleep, okay?” He quickly left, heading for the bedroom. I looked around the room and noticed that Jimin’s parents were still asleep. I took my dad’s place and stared out the window, keeping an eye out.

About a half an hour later, most of everyone have woken up. Everyone expect my father and my mother that is. We all sat downstairs, talking and eating very little for breakfast.

As we talked we found out more Kai and Krystal. Apparently, they had been on their way out of town when it all happened. The road they we’re on was blocked and after seeing the zombies they turned back around and ended up at our cabin. They apologized for breaking and entering but what could I say? I probably would have done the same thing.

I still don’t trust them fully but at least for the time being, I know that they are at least good people. And we need more people like that.

Eventually, we the news to see what was happening and there were very few stations on. From what we could tell everything had completely gone to hell and Seoul was gone. It hadn’t reached all of South Korea but at the rate it was going with Seoul gone in one night, I don’t think it was too far behind.

We we’re all devastated at the news and my parents kept on reassuring us that help must be on the way. The military or something. I tried to believe them, I did really. But… I had a funny feeling that they wouldn’t help at all.

After a while we all ate lunch together and then even played a few board games we had in house. Nightfall soon came, and I was sitting outside on the porch, looking up at the stars.

Someone suddenly took a seat next to me, making me jump a little.

“It’s just me, silly,” Jimin laughed. I sighed in relief. I then pretended to hit him making him flinch.

“Gosh, don’t you know not to sneak up on someone at times like these!” I yelled, scolding him. He shrugged.

“Well it ain’t my fault you jump at literally everything.” He teased, making me embarrassed because he was right. I am the jumpiest person I know. I stuck my tongue out at him in response, not being able to come up with a comeback. He laughed a little and looked up at the stars like I was.

“You know,” He started. “For a world going to , it’s night sky is still really pretty.” He said, making me sigh in appreciation. I placed my head on Jimin’s shoulder not wanting this moment to end. If only time could stop, letting us stay in this spot forever, looking up at the stars for eternity. But, things never happen the way you want it to.

At that moment, we heard a scream from the back of the house. Jimin and I quickly jumped up and after glancing at each other, we ran towards the cry. When we reached the area we saw the one thing we didn’t want to see. Krystal was on the ground, being pushed against the wall by one of them.

The thing hadn’t reached her yet but it was getting pretty close. My mind started to race and my hands started to shake at the monster before us. I quickly grabbed the knife I was keeping in my boot and something in me, whether it was courage or fear, made me run towards her.