Day 25 | Still Here

Bite Me | A Park Jimin Fanfiction

Kai changed 3 days later.

It happened just like that. He fell asleep and woke up as one of them. It was terrifying seeing the glossy look in his eyes and how he tried to eat us. What was even worse was that Krystal wanted to be the one to stop him.

With tears streaming down her face, she shot a bullet into his head, knowing that is what he would have wanted. She never even got to tell him that she is pregnant as she told me later. She thought that it would have been too much for him in his last dying days. 

But after this incident I suddenly remembered one of the other rules.

Rule Number 5 - Safety in numbers doesn't apply

Honestly, there are benefits to having a large amount of people but in a lot of cases, it never works out well. Someone eventually gets bit and then turns the group or they will be attacked and they won't be able to hold their ground. It's a devastating fact but despite that we always stay in groups. I guess we are just hoping that we will be the exceptions to the rule.

The days went by slowly after that. We had decided to stay on Yijong's farm for a while, wanting to recover and make up another game plan. She offered just to have us stay but I knew that as much as we would like to make it work - it never will. We will run out of food, there will be more runs, and eventually the farm will get taken over.

The best bet is to just keep on moving. Find a place and stay there for a while to recover but then move again. It's how the strongest groups survive.

Eventually, Krystal told everyone that she is pregnant. Everyone was shocked and she said she had no idea how far along she is. Only that she found out about it before everything went to hell. 

Now on Day 25, her stomach is starting to show a bit. From what I remember from school she should be around 13 or 14 weeks. For women's first pregnancy, they start to show around 12 - 16 weeks. The bump is still tiny but it's like now reality has hit us. A baby is going to be born in this world, without his father, growing up to be a fighter. 

But I do know is that Krystal is one of us now and if I can help it, nothing will ever happen to her and her unborn child. She even already started to think of names.

"If it's a boy, I want to name him Kai," She said as she rubbed her stomach. "After his father. I think he would like that," She continued, smiling over at me.

"I think so too," I returned the gesture and grabbed her hand. She gripped my hand tightly, not wanting to let go. "What if it's a girl?" I asked, wondering if she had thought of anything yet.

"Hmm... I haven't really thought about it. I guess I should start thinking huh?" She giggled, enjoying the thought of a little mini version of herself running around. 

We had been keeping up with the farm as well, wanting to provide as much help as we could. We even got to know the other five better as well. 

They were an interesting group, I could tell you that much. Namjoon and Lisa always bickered, and Jae would hit on any of the girls. I liked Irene as she seemed sweet and kind of like a mother figure. She would tell me about these stories of taking care of her younger sisters as she was the oldest.

"And they would just mess up the whole house. It would be like a tornado came through," She laughed.

"I know the feeling. When Bomi was little, all she did was come inside the house covered in dirt and wiping her hands on anything she could grab," I joined in. "It was like having a second dog, I swear!" We both remembered some of the silliest things and then I asked the one thing I shouldn't have.

"So where are they now?" I asked, too caught up in the moment to think before talking. Irene suddenly stopped grabbing the carrot she was digging and gave me quick glance only to look away right after. 

"They're gone." She said, trying to hide her sadness. 

"A-Ah, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"N-no. It's okay." She sighed, wiping her hands on her pants. "We went back to grab them after we got out of the event and... we were too late. T-They were-" She tried to finish, her voice shaking. I stopped her.

"Irene. It's fine really. You don't have to say anything." I said, as she started to wipe the tears under her eyes. She quietly nodded and went back to digging out carrots.

"Thank you," She whispered, thankful that I didn't pry any further.

I really did like spending time with Hyuk as well. He was incredibly nice and so great to talk to. It was so obvious to tell that he had a crush on Irene. 

Sneaking up behind him, I grabbed both of his shoulders, making him jump. I laughed at his reaction and it made him turn a dark shade of red.

"Aish!!" He yelled. "Come on Avri!" He said, hitting my shoulder.

"Whatt, I couldn't help it. Especially since you were staring so intensely at Irene over there," His cheeks turned even darker, knowing that he was caught.

"I-I wasn't - What do you - Uh....Ah,"

"Oh save it." I stopped him, not wanting to embarrass any further. "I think it's adorable. You two would be cute together," I whispered into his ear, making him smile.

"Really? You think so?" I patted his back.

"Of course! Much better than Jae the ert. I support you 100%~" I sand, giving him two thumbs up. He laughed at my response. At this moment, a voice suddenly called my name.

"Hey Av!" I turned my head towards the direction of the voice to see Jimin off to the side of the house. "I need your help with something." He said. Teasing Hyuk once more, I ran off towards the direction Jimin was in to see what he needed help with.

"So, what's up?" I asked, trailing behind him.

"Nothing. I lied," He answered honestly. I stopped.

"What? Why?" I questioned confused. He rubbed the nape of his neck, sighing.

"N-No reason. Just uh... I don't think you should hang around Hyuk," He said. I scoffed.

"Why?! He is a nice guy!" I said, making him stop at my answer. 

"Just....because," He mumbled, not wanting to give me an answer. And at that moment it was like something clicked.

"Wait...Park Jimin...Are you jealous?" I teased, making his eyes widen. His cheeks started to turn pink at the suggestion. "Oh my gosh you are!!" 

"No. NO. I am not!" He retorted.

"Yeah right! I can practically feel it dripping from you. Come on Jimin," I said, elbowing him slightly. "You are still my number one. You know that right?" I said, smiling widely.

"Y-Yeah. I know. But...it isn't about being friends." He stated, making me confused. 

"Well now you lost me. What is it about then?" I continued, having absolutely no idea where the conversation was going.

"Uh...well...actually it is something I have been meaning to tell you for a while," He said, fumbling with his fingers as he looked away from me. "It's because I l-"

Interrupted, a scream pierced our ears. Without any hesitation, we ran racing towards the sound only to find something horrifying. 

~~~

(A/N): Mwahaha... I'm such a teaseee LOL