Day 25 | Butterflies

Bite Me | A Park Jimin Fanfiction

Taehyung’s voice rang through the farm. The other three looked down at the man that was once alive and quickly left.

“W-We’ll be back!” They yelled as they ran off down the road. I highly doubted that they would but it would be good to think otherwise.

Taehyung hopped down from where he was standing and came over to us. I just stared at him, shocked at what had happened. He looked over and saw me staring at him and that is when my cheeks started to heat up. And then he gave me a small smile, sending my heart flying.

I didn’t know why I was having these feelings. Maybe it was because he just saved me or because I thought he was cute? No. You can’t do this. Rule 9. Rule 9.

RULE NUMBER 9 - Don’t Fall in Love

One of the most devastating things in the apocalypse is when one person falls for another. Of course there are the butterflies, the kisses, the feeling of someone being there for you always. But what happens when that person dies?

Every movie or show I have seen, it’s like watching the person get their heart ripped out. They are devastated and they don’t know how to function for days. No way am I gonna let that happen to me.

Of course, sometimes your heart doesn’t listen no matter what you say. So when I felt my heart starting to beat fast, my cheeks turning red, and my stomach feeling funny, I knew then and there that I need to stop before anything goes any further.

~~~

The day went by slowly after that. We buried the man, thinking that it would be better to do so even though we wanted to just leave him out to rot.

We also immediately patched up Jae, thankful that he was okay. Of course he wasn’t going to be able to walk for a few days but at least he would eventually.

We all kind of stayed inside after that. Bomi was petrified after what happened and would only let Jung-Yoon get near her. Me on the other hand, everyone was so worried about me.

“Why the hell did you do that?!” My father yelled, absolutely furious.

“What was I supposed to do? Let them hurt Bomi?! Or someone else?!” I replied, shocking my father at my raised voice. “I did what I thought was right even if it meant I was the one who got hurt Dad!” I continued, still upset over the whole thing. My father then pulled me into a hug, squeezing me tightly.

“Don’t you ever do something like that again. Do you hear me?” He said sternly, his voice wavering. He was shaking slightly as he held me. I hugged him back knowing that he was probably scared as hell. I wanted to reassure him that I wouldn’t do something like that again but…

I couldn’t make that promise.

~~~

It quickly became night. I was out sitting on the front deck, too awake to fall asleep. What I didn’t expect however was for someone to be awake as well. He came and sat down beside me, startling me.

“Hey,” He whispered, making my heart start to race.

“H-Hello Taehyung,” I stuttered, not knowing why I couldn’t talk like a normal human being. I wanted to mentally slap myself in the face.

“So,” He started, glancing over at me. “Why did you do it?” He asked, making my head turn. I was confused.

“Do what?” I pondered, not knowing exactly what he was talking about.

“Give yourself up. Hell, I would have fought them like crazy. There wouldn’t have been any way that they would have taken me.” He answered, obviously bewildered by my actions. I laughed a little at his response, making him the one confused. “What?”

“Do you have any siblings Taehyung?” I questioned, wondering if he even understood what kind of situation I was in. He shook his head no. “Well, then you wouldn’t fully get it. When I saw that they were holding a gun to my sister’s head, I couldn’t just sit by and watch. What kind of big sister would I be if I did?” I sighed, fumbling with my fingers as I tried not to cry. “I mean did you see her face? She was terrified. So when he asked to take me, I really didn’t have a choice. If I fought back like you said you would have, she could have gotten hurt, or someone else could have. So yes, giving myself up to let them do whatever they wanted was the best option for me.” I explained, glancing over to see a blank look on his face. My face started to heat up once more at his look, wanting him to stop.

So, I quickly stood up, needing to get out of this situation.

“W-Well, that’s about it. Night.” I said, quickly running back inside. I was beyond embarrassed and my heart was racing like crazy. I put my hand against my chest and just hoped that it would stop. Because I couldn’t do this. Not now. Not anytime soon.

I quickly climbed into the bed beside Krystal and forced myself to sleep, wanting these feelings to disappear.