Chapter 9

The Love I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?? You really agreed with them?? … But hyung, don’t you think it’s a little too fast? I mean, this is a serious . You need to think carefully. … Okay, okay, I’m sorry. This is not . But hyung, are you serious? I mean, don’t you think this is a little too sudden? Everything in a day? And are you sure that you know what you’re doing? Because this is not a game, hyung. It’s about your life. …… Okay, if you say so. But hyung… Err… Can’t you think again and make it another day? Maybe.., tomorrow? Or day after tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Any day but not today, please? I mean, you just agreed today, then suddenly the occasion will be held today too. You won’t have enough time to prepare any ! … Oh hyunggg….”

While Jiyong is at the living room speaking to the phone, Seungri in the other hand is sipping his coffee and munch his toast at the dining room, just watch Jiyong talking through his phone silently. He wants to ask something, but seeing Jiyong frowning, tensed up and sighing, well, better stay quiet for a while.

“Huh… I’m not promise, hyung.” With that, he ended the call and throw it roughly on the coffee table. Seungri gets up from his chair slowly and take two mugs of hot coffee to the living room, and sits next to Jiyong.

“You okay?” He handed the mug and Jiyong take it lazily. Just holding it, didn’t feel like drinking it.

“I’m… not.” He sigh, put the mug on the table and continue. “Actually, we’re supposed to go on our date today, but… Seunghyun hyung. He invited us to go to his party. That party is about him, not me, not us. He don’t really need us there.”

Jiyong sigh again. Seungri just listen to him silently, but the date that Jiyong mentioned earlier, suddenly makes him frowning a little.

“Wait, Ji. We’re supposed to go on a date?” Jiyong only nods. “But you didn’t tell me anything. When?” Jiyong look at Seungri and give a weak smile.

“This afternoon, to begin with. I planned for seven dates, but I’m anticipating today’s the most. I give everything for this one.” Seungri blank for a while. Seven… dates?

“You said.., seven dates? Like, seven dates in one day or.., what?”

“It’s a date per day, Seungri.” Seungri nods and sips his coffee.

“So, if today is supposed to be our first date, then when will we go on the second date?”

“Tomorrow, of course.” Jiyong take his coffee mug and drink the coffee that Seungri made. He look at the confused Seungri and smile.

“Babe, I’ve got seven days off starting from today. So I don’t need to go to work.” Hearing that, Seungri nods then smile widely.

“So… You’re not going to your office, right? You’re going to stay with me 24 hours per day for all your seven days off, right?” Hearing that, Jiyong smiles sheepishly and nods like a child.

“Of course! I will stay with you all day! But… maybe not today, since Seunghyun hyung invites to his party.”

“What party? Is it a party that I can’t attend?” Jiyong shake his head and play with Seungri hair.

“Of course you can attend, Ri. Seunghyun hyung invited you too. But even though we go there together, it’s not like I can touch you as I wish and we might won’t able to even touch hands and stick around together. My parents, relatives, and maybe our business partners will be there too. Well, since this is Seunghyun’s party we’re talking about, so I bet there will be a lot of people who will come.” He sigh, while his hand is still playing with Seungri’s hair.

“Really? What party that we’re going to attend?”

“It’s… Engagement party.” Seungri’s eyes widen then jumped from his seat.

“He’s engage? With who? When?” Seungri asks excitedly.

“Ri, he’s the one who is engage, not you. Why are you so happy and excited like this?” Jiyong look weirdly at Seungri and Seungri grin happily.

“Of course I’m happy! I’m happy for him because he finally has someone to take care of him. I mean, he always work and care less about himself. But now, he has a fiancé who can look after him, and he won’t just spend his time with work. Don’t you feel happy for him?” Jiyong sigh and shake his head slowly which makes Seungri frown afterwards.

“This is an arranged marriage, Seungri. His family talked about this with him just now. And I don’t know what came to him that he agreed. I’m fine with it if the person he’s engaging to is a person he love. But this person, he never met her even once, no photos, no name, no information. Just known as Miss Park, the eldest daughter from Park’s family. Even I didn’t know which Park’s family she came from.” Seungri became silent when he heard that. He is now worry about Seunghyun.

And Jiyong, he worried about Seunghyun too, also about his relationship with Seungri. What will happen if his father found out about their relationship and he didn’t agree? Well, obviously he won’t agree. Because all he cared about are profit, wealth, fame, and Seungri is not someone who can give him that. Seungri is just an ordinary man who Jiyong love wholeheartedly. And that’s what he care. Love from Seungri that no one can give him.

“Ji?” Jiyong look at Seungri when he felt a hand shakes his arm. “Are you listening to me?”

Jiyong give him an awkward smile and shake his head.

“I said, we should go to his engagement party. Of course, I would like to go to our date which you already prepared for us. But at this moment, I think Seunghyun hyung need you there. He must have thought about it already since he agreed. But still, he must feel complicated with himself right now since he’s not someone who like to get involved in this kind of relationship, right?” Jiyong look at Seungri in amazed. He raise his hand and pat Seungri’s head.

“Whoa… Seems like you know him better than I do. Hmm. Well, I agree with you. Even though I disagree with his decision, but I’m sure too that he did thought about this carefully. And of course I want to go there for him, Ri. He is my brother. He’s always there for me since we were kids. Unlike my father who was always strict and discipline, he spoiled me a lot and laugh with me. But still, Ri… Our date…”

“Ji, I know you upset. But I won’t go anywhere. We can have our date later. And if the party end early, maybe we can go to the place you set for our date today. Or we can just walk around the town and do random stuff. We can go for a date a lot of time, anytime we want. But Seunghyun hyung need you today. Just, today. Can’t you put him first rather than us for today?”

Seungri look at Jiyong with a smile. He can tell that Jiyong wants to go to Seunghyun too, so he just need to reassure Jiyong that it’s okay to cancel their date. Jiyong sigh and nods his head weakly.

“Okay, if you say so.”

 

*

 

“Guess my parents did prepared all of this before they talked to me. It’s like they’re so sure that I’m going to agree with these. Their confidence sometimes make me scared.” Seunghyun look at the people who are busy doing their work for the party that’s going to happen at his hotel. This afternoon, people will come here to celebrate his engagement. He’s ready for it. Maybe.

“Daesung ah, what if she’s an immature spoiled brat who just know how to spend money?” Daesung look at Seunghyun in disbelief when he heard the questions that came out from Seunghyun’s mouth.

“Hyung! That’s what you’re worried about? I thought you were thinking about how she looks like or you thought about cancelling the engagement, but you worry about that instead??”

“Why? Can’t I? I know it’s just an engagement and marriage are not confirm to happen yet. But still, she is actually, already, my fiancé. Which of course, she will use her title as my fiancé to spend my money as she wants. I might go bankrupt before I gain profit from this cooperation. You know how girls are. They like to spend a lot of money for their beauty.” Daesung nods at what Seunghyun told him.

“Probably. She might use your money for shopping and spa. But… Maybe only when she’s forgot to bring her purse. Because hyung, she is not a type of girl like you knew. She’s a bit different.”

Seunghyun silent for a while, then slowly look at Daesung. Daesung, in the other hand, is cursing himself in his heart. And he hope Seunghyun won’t say or ask him anything about that.

“So, I bet you know who she is. And..., who is she?” Oh. Of course he will ask!

Daesung sigh and scratch his head without any reason. He has a mixed feelings right now. He promised his uncle that he will keep this as a secret until Seunghyun and his fiancé meet personally, officially. But, this is Seunghyun who’s asking! He didn’t answer, he’ll die! Well, maybe not die. But he will die!

“Dae, do you need me to repeat the question?” Daesung laugh awkwardly and try to avoid Seunghyun’s eyes. He is trying to find his way out, then he saw Chaerin who just came in.

“Ah, you ask Chaerin! She knew her too. Bye!” With that, he run away, get out from the hall and disappear. Seunghyun look at Daesung as he leave, then look at Chaerin as she arrived.

“Chae, long time no see.” Seunghyun greets and hug her when she’s finally standing in front of him with a smile.

“Oppa, congratulations on your engagement. This engagement is a bit sudden, but congrats.” They released from each other’s hug and sit at the nearest chair.

“Thanks. Well, speaking of that. I heard you know who my fiancé is. Is it true? You know her?” Chaerin look at Seunghyun and pout. She crossed her arms then shake her head slowly.

“Seriously, oppa. I just got here and the first thing you ask me is about your fiancé? Can’t you at least being kind and ask me how do I do in America? Or at least ask me if I’ve eaten before I come here?” Seunghyun chuckle and raise his hands as to ask for forgiveness.

“Haha I’m sorry. I did want to ask you that. But seeing you gain your weight like this, I assumed I know the answers for those two questions. That’s why I passed the questions and straight to the point.” Seunghyun says jokingly, but Chaerin frown when she heard that.

“Wah, I’m speechless. We didn’t meet for about 5 years but you didn’t ask about me at all. And to make it worst, you never changed the way you treat me. I can’t believe I missed you when I’m at America.” Seunghyun chuckle again at Chaerin’s complaint.

“Well I can’t change. I’m being me. Don’t expect me to treat you like a princess, because I can’t and I won’t. That’s not my style.” Seunghyun said with his palm raised to Chaerin’s face. She slaps his hand, give him a deadly glare and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter