Lucifer - SHINee

iPod Shuffle Challenge: Kyuhyun

A/N: I actually really enjoyed writing this one. It's actually quite different then most of the other *relationship* oneshots I've had to do concerning a member and a girl. I also had to throw Sungmin in as the voice of reason because, as a shipper of KyuMin, I use any excuse I can to pair them together >.> even if it's just as friends. And, incase you want to listen to this song while reading, here's a link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dww9UjJ4Dt8&ob=av2e

-------------------------------------------

"Kyuhyun are you even listening?"

Rolling his eyes, Kyuhyun gave his best friend, Sungmin, an annoyed look, "Yes I heard you, and how many times do I have to keep telling you that you're wrong?"

This time, it was Sungmin's turn to roll his eyes before he sternly looked at the younger, "Kyuhyun she isn't healthy for you. I hate seeing you wrapped around her finger like this."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Kyuhyun muttered, folding his arms in defiance causing the older to let out an annoyed groan. Arguments like this always came up anymore, and Kyuhyun was getting sick of it. All of his closest friends kept telling him to leave his girlfriend of eight months, but he couldn't do it. He had fallen so hard for her, and he honestly couldn't imagine his life without her now. Kyuhyun had tried his hardest to convince his hyungs of that, telling them how much he needed her in his life, but they always disagreed. There hasn't been a single day in over month now where one of them hasn't tried to convince him to break up with her, and he was getting sick of it.

"Kyuhyun," Sungmin spoke in a serious tone, still giving the other a stern look, "You've changed for the worst, and it only started when you got together with her."

"How?" Kyuhyun demanded, narrowing his eyes out of annoyance at the older, "How have I changed?"

Sungmin responded with a question of his own, "Want me to prove it? Then fine. When is the last time you've played Starcraft?"

Kyuhyun stayed quiet, biting the inside of his cheek. He knew he hadn't played his favorite game in months, but that was only because she had said she didn't like him spending so much time on it. Wasn't someone you love more important than a video game?

Knowing he'd get no answer from the younger, Sungmin continued, "Kyuhyun, you LOVE Starcraft. It used to take five of us hollering at you and eventually dragging you away from your laptop just to get you to stop playing for a single night. Eunhyuk and Kibum have told me that you haven't played it with either of them for months now."

"She's more important," Kyuhyun answered quietly, making Sungmin roll his eyes again before responding, "Kyuhyun, if she really loved you, she'd let you do the things that make you happy too," Sungmin paused, watching Kyuhyun turn his gaze away from him, before he continued, "You never hang out with any of us anymore, always claiming that she 'wants you home to do this', or that you two are 'going out to do that'. Don't you miss hanging out with us, Kyuhyun? Is she more important than your own friends?"

Those words stabbed Kyuhyun right in the heart; he didn't know how to answer. He loved her, he truly did, but was she really worth more than all of his friends? Kyuhyun let a sigh escape his lips as he opened his mouth, only to be interrupted by Sungmin, "I swear if you say she is more important than any of us, I'll let Heechul step in since he's been dying to have a word with you."

Closing his mouth immediately, Kyuhyun spared Sungmin a glance to see if there was any chance the older was joking; judging by the stern look adorning his hyung's normally cute face, he knew he wasn't kidding. Kyuhyun let out a shaky breath before finally responding, "No, hyung...she's not important than you guys."

"Then why do you choose her over us?" Sungmin retaliated, though in a less harsh tone than before. He could visibly see Kyuhyun starting to shake with all the pressure Sungmin was putting on him, and he was starting to feel guilty for being this hard on the younger.

Kyuhyun softly murmured an answer, "Hyung, you don't understand," he paused and met the older's gaze with his own, his eyes held a look of confusion and sadness, "I love her so much. I-I honestly don't know what I'd do with myself if I lost her."

Sungmin let out a sigh of defeat, deciding to not argue anymore with the faultering dongsaeng before him. He stood from his seat and went beside the younger, giving him a comforting hug, "I know, Kyu-ah. I know you love her, but she isn't good for you. That's why we want you to let go now, while you still can."

Shaking his head, Kyuhyun felt his emotional wall crumble as he rested his forehead against the smaller's shoulder and softly murmuring out, "I can't, hyung. I'm already in too deep. I can't let her go, even if I wanted to. I just can't."