Untitled (How Could This Happen To Me?) - Simple Plan

iPod Shuffle Challenge: Kyuhyun

A/N: I cried writing this one, I really did. You might cry reading it too. This entire oneshot is based off of that tragic car accident that almost cost Kyuhyun his life. I guess you COULD consider this a KyuHyuk chapter, since Eunhyuk does play a major part in it, but it's nothing romantic. I tried to capture as much emotion as I could, and the song really helped me bring that out. Here's the link to listen to it if you want- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7oqmikZDQ&ob=av2n

----------------------------------------------------------

"KYUHYUN!"

He could faintly hear it; someone calling his name. It sounded familiar, but his head was too clouded with pain to match the voice to a face. Kyuhyun wasn't even sure what had happened, all he remembered was that he heard the horrible sound of metal crashing, and then he felt himself lose consciousness. He tried to breathe, but it only hurt his lungs more.

Then, warmth filled his hands as he felt someone clutching at him, and he could faintly hear the same voice that had screamed his name earlier sobbing directly above him, "Kyu-ah. Please don't die, please wake up. Kyu-ah."

He started panicking; was he dying? Kyuhyun felt like he was in enough pain to be dying, but he didn't even know exactly what happened. All he knew was that his whole body hurt, he couldn't move, and it hurt to even breathe. Forcing his eyes open, Kyuhyun's blurry vision focused on a hysterical Eunhyuk, who was grasping Kyuhyun's hands tightly in his own while sobbing out a prayer for the younger's life.

Managing to open his mouth, Kyuhyun's pained voice caused Eunhyuk to snap his attention to his face, "Hyung..."

"KYU! Oh, thank God. You'll be okay, I promise, you'll be okay, just stay awake. Stay with me, alright?"

Kyuhyun felt his eyes fill with tears. He was scared; he had never been this scared in his life. What happened? Why did he feel so weak? He didn't want to die, he couldn't die. He was finally living his dream as a singer, he didn't want to watch that be ripped away from him. More tears started coming from his eyes, causing Eunhyuk to cry harder.

"Hyung," Kyuhyun's shaky voice spoke again, a weak sob escaping his lips, "I don't want to die, hyung. I haven't lived long enough, I don't want to die."

The younger's words only caused Eunhyuk to sob harder, "You won't die, Kyu-ah," Eunhyuk's voice went quieter as he clutched Kyuhyun's hands harder in his own, "God, please don't let him die. It's too soon."

Moving his tear-filled eyes, Kyuhyun's eyes saw the wreckage of their car, and more weak sobs started escaping his lips, "Leeteuk hyung, Shindong hyung..."

"They're okay," Eunhyuk immediately answered him, still sobbing, "Leeteuk is in an ambulance right now, same with Shindong. Don't focus on them, focus on staying awake, Kyu-ah. You have to stay awake."

"Hyung," Kyuhyun sobbed weakly, "I'm going to die, aren't I? I'm going to die."

Eunhyuk shook his head frantically, "No no no no NO! You're not, Kyuhyun, you're not."

Kyuhyun felt himself panicking, and he started gasping for air though it hurt his lungs to do so. He heard more sobs escape Eunhyuk's mouth as he screamed for an ambulance to come take the younger boy; he screamed for someone, anyone to come help. Eunhyuk's frantic words seemed to attract attention as Kyuhyun saw more people that appeared to be from an ambulance come to his side. He felt more tears escape his eyes as his vision started fading. Was it his time now? He was going to die right where he was, laying in the street. One last soft sob escaped his lips as he lost consciousness once more, with only one more thought running through his head.

'Please, God, let me survive this. I'll never take anything for granted again. Please let me live.'