The Leaving Song Part 2 - A.F.I.

iPod Shuffle Challenge: Kyuhyun

A/N: I feel the need to state this. I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE WRITING STUFF FOR A.F.I. SONGS. I love A.F.I. and all, but most of their songs are WAY too complex to write a lengthy oneshot to in the given time frame of the song. Therefore, I am not pleased with how this one turned out, but I tried my hardest to make it decent ._. ALSO this is the KyuMi oneshot, and I know it's not the best, but I promise I'll make up for it in the Zhou Mi oneshot set I'll do. Here's the song- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fwGZohSJ9g&ob=av2e

---------------------------------------------------

For as long as Kyuhyun could remember, he had always been alone. He was always pushed away from any social group at his high school, and no one bothered to look passed his cold exterior; no one cared to find out exactly why he gave off cold stares towards those who approached him, or why he rarely even spoke. Kyuhyun pretended to be just fine, and he pretended to like the way he was; but, deep down, he had grown to resent who he had become. Years of being pushed away, mocked, and looked down upon had done this to his personality, and he truly did want to change for the better, but he didn't know how to do it by himself. He needed help to change, but no one would reach out and offer their hand. That is, until a certain Chinese exchange student walked into his life.

Kyuhyun didn't recall the exact day it happened; all he remembered was that he was seated at his normal lunch table, void of all other students aside from himself. That's when he sat down, directly in front of Kyuhyun without even a second glance. Raising his dark brown eyes to the newcomer, Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow in question as he looked at the other male. Feeling Kyuhyun's stare, the other boy looked up and met his gaze before giving Kyuhyun the brightest smile he'd ever seen before while speaking in heavily accented Korean, "You don't mind if I sit here, do you?"

Hesitantly nodding, Kyuhyun continued to stare at the newcomer oddly, who just smiled again before continuing to eat his lunch. The other boy was attractive, there was no doubt about that, but what were the chances the other was any different than anyone else Kyuhyun had come across? Despite the chances, Kyuhyun found himself speaking to the other, "Who are you, exactly?"

The other looked up before letting out an embarassed laugh, "Oh I'm sorry! My name is Zhou Mi," He looked at Kyuhyun with kind eyes, "What about you?"

"Cho Kyuhyun," he answered simply, still being cautious with this newcomer, "You aren't from here, are you?"

"Nope," Zhou Mi answered as he swallowed some of his lunch, "I'm an exchange student from China."

"I can tell. Your accent is quite heavy," Kyuhyun answered, causing the other to smile sheepishly but say nothing.

Everyday continued this way over the span of two weeks, Zhou Mi would sit with Kyuhyun and often start a conversation. Though Kyuhyun would hardly speak, Zhou Mi would often cover up the silence with various stories of his friends and family in China. Kyuhyun found himself enjoying the company of the foreigner, but it terrified him at the same time. He didn't want to get too close to the other, because he knew it was only a matter of time until Zhou Mi left him just like everyone else. As hard as he tried to tell himself it wouldn't happen, there was a little part of him that just expected it to happen at anytime.

One day, Kyuhyun let his paranoid thoughts get to his head, and he suddenly asked Zhou Mi during their lunch break, "Why do you always sit here with me?"

Looking at the other oddly for the random question briefly before turning his gaze to the wooden table in thought, Zhou Mi finally answered, "I don't know, entirely. You just kind of...seem like there's more to you than just a cold exterior."

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow in question, "What exactly do you mean?"

Zhou Mi furrowed his eyebrows in thought as he tried to find the words to explain. His brown eyes met Kyuhyun's as he finally spoke again, "You seem like you need someone. And, you interest me with how different you act from everyone else," Zhou Mi paused briefly before carefully adding, "I've heard what everyone around the school has said about you, saying you're cold and heartless, but that's not true, is it?"

Sighing, Kyuhyun lowered his gaze to the table and said nothing; he knew his silence gave away the real answer as Zhou Mi responded, "I didn't think so."

It was silent for a few moments before Kyuhyun quietly murmured, "I just...need help."

Feeling something warm in his one hand that was resting on the table, Kyuhyun glanced at it and widened his eyes as he saw Zhou Mi's hand in his own. He looked from their clasped hands to the other and saw Zhou Mi's bright smile flash at him reassuringly and Kyuhyun softly smiled back. He was still afraid to come out of his shell entirely, but at least now he had someone that was actually reaching out to help.