The Injured Devil

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

"Kim Hyejin." Junhyung growled.

The very woman who was part of because of their very misery was standing right in front of them dressed in her white bridal dress. She had a magnificent figure and pretty face, and would have looked absolutely stunning if not for the look on her face.

She looked so angry and in pain as she looked at Junhyung. "You chose to save her instead of coming to the wedding, Junnie oppa." Her voice was deathly quiet. "You left me at the altar."

Junhyung didn't flinch as he met her gaze. "And you kidnapped Eunji. You and Key were the cause of this in the first place. Why should I marry someone I had no intention of marrying in the first place?" he snarled.

Hyejin took a step towards them and Eunji cowered back. "Why don't you love me, Junnie oppa?" She whispered, hurt. "I've loved you since we were little. I've lived to love you, Junnie oppa, why can't you do the same?"

Eunji felt a lump gather at . She felt ultimate sadness and desperation radiating from Kim Hyejin, which was different from her usual cocky and proud self. She didn't dare look at the girl in question and fiddled with her fingers. She felt something she never thought she'd feel for Kim Hyejin: Pity.

"You can't force love, Hyejin." Junhyung convinced. "I haven't looked at you in anyway more than a sister since the beginning and it's not going to change. I'm sure you'll find someone else that loves you ba-"

"Shut the hell up Junnie oppa."

Eunji flinched. Hyejin's face was so sweet and calm, but her tone told otherwise. She really looked like she was capable of seriously hurting them at the moment.

"They were looking at me, Junnie oppa." Hyejin started whimpering. "At how this poor bride was left at the altar by her groom." she met eyes with Junhyung. "I'm never going to forgive you for this, Yong Junhyung."

She threw a tearful glance at Junhyung before she ran off. Eunji shuddered a her look and Junhyung rubbed her arms comfortingly. "Don't worry. I'm sure she's just trying to scare you."

Eunji nodded shakily as Junhyung helped her up. He had to wrap an arm around her waist since she was so shaky from the whole event and she couldn't walk properly.

Junhyung sighed as he led her towards the exit of the warehouse. *I'm glad you're safe Kang Eunji. I don't think I'll be able to live if she did something to you.*

They were about to reach the first level when Eunji noticed something was wrong. "Junhyung oppa. Don't you think it's a little hot in here?" she asked, her eyes wide and looking around. "It's like...." she bit her lip. "There's something burning."

Junhyung's grip round her tightened as he looked around. He took a deep whiff of the air and his heart sank. There was a distinct burning smell that was getting stronger by the moment.

"Lets get out of here." Junhyung tugged Eunji along as they hurried down the stairs. What greeted them on the first floor them both.

The whole place was a fire infested, the flames burning from every box of goods that had been stored in the warehouse. Junhyung cursed under his breath. Just their luck that those goods contained matchsticks. Hyejin really meant what she said.

Eunji gasped and took a step back, afraid. Even from a distance, the heat from the giant oven was frightening. The fire was eating up everything in it's path, and was making ts way up to the ceiling.

"Eotteohke?" Eunji whimpered. "We're going to die."

Junhyung took her hand and interlaced it with his. He squeezed it lightly. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Kang Eunji. Trust me." he muttered.

He took off his shirt and wrapped it around Eunji's nose and mouth. "Don't take it off." he instructed.

With that, Junhyung pulled Eunji along with him as they ran straight for the fire. There were very little spaces left that wasn't fire infested, and they had to dart through narrow gaps between two burning towers of boxes.

At some point in time, Eunji tripped over her laces and fell on the floor. Junhyung immediately helped her up and checked if she was alright. "I'm fine. Let's keep going." Eunji urged, seeing the exit just meters away from them.

Junhyung kept his grip on her strong as he kicked away burning boxes to clear path for Eunji. They reached the door and Eunji opened the darned door anxiously, not realizing that the fire had made the hinges of the door loose.

The whole fire burning thing came falling towards Eunji and her eyes widened in shock. "No!"

Junhyung yanked her towards him with his left hand that was still intertwined with hers and used his right hand to stop the door from falling at her face. Eunji gasped when his hand came in contact with the large burning door. "Junhyung oppa!" she shrieked.

Junhyung pushed the massive door away and pushed her out. "Let's go." he urged her to move on, not bothering about his own injured hand.

The worried faces of MyName and Beast were the last thing Junhyung saw before he fainted just outside the burning warehouse.

 

 

"How is he?" Eunji asked anxiously when the doctor was done with examining Junhyung.

Both of them were sent to the hospital immediately after they escaped the scene of fire. Eunji suffered minor scratches, but Junhyung's hand looked really bad.

Eunji couldn't stop crying when she recalled how he saved her life again and again, especially how he disregarded his own safety just for her own.

"He's fine now. He fainted from too much smoke intake." the doctor explained. "It's lucky how he took off his shirt to cover your mouth Miss Kang, or you'll be like that too."

A lump came into as she tried not to let her tears fall again. Sunhee rubbed Eunji's back in a soothing, comforting manner as Insoo lowered his gaze regretfully.

"Unfortunately," The doctor continued, effectively getting everyone's attention again. "His right hand had been badly scarred. The fire caused some serious burns and not only that, it had been fractured when he pushed the heavy metal door away. I'm afraid he can't paint with that hand for quite some time, or even forever."

Eunji's eyes widened. "No!" she gasped. "That can't happen! He loves painting! It's his life! What will happen if he knows!" she sobbed.

"I'm sorry." The doctor bowed and made his leave. Eunji broke down there after, guilt and worry consuming her.

Mrs Yong stared blankly into the distance, letting the fact slowly settle within her. She felt astounded by what the Kim siblings had tried to do, and more so by Junhyung's love for Eunji. She decided to help this couple whatever obstacles that come in the future.

Eunji didn't hear any of the things the others tried telling her, how they told her not to worry, how they told her Junhyung was going to be alright.

*I'm so sorry Junhyung oppa. I love you but I haven't been able to protect you at all. It's always the other way round. I'm so sorry.*