The Pig's Family

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

Eunji was busy looking through the fridge when Junhyung came out from the bathroom, washed and looking fresh.

"The Pig in you came out so early in the morning?" Junhyung asked teasingly, enjoying her frustrated expression.

Eunji shot him an annoyed look. "It's not for me!" she defended. "I thought you're sick and I should make you breakfast before I leave...." she looked around the fridge and frowned disapprovingly. "But there's nothing healthy in here!"

Junhyung blinked. *Make breakfast for...me?* his heart suddenly felt warm and the feeling of being cared for by someone else felt so strangely good. For someone to care for him when he was sick, for someone to fuss over his eating habits. He liked it. A lot.

"Should I go out to buy you some proper breakfast?" Eunji inquired, seeing that Junhyung's face was unreadable and that he was silent. "You can't eat chips and chocolate bars for breakfast especially when you're sick."

Junhyung made a face. He was tired of food bought from outside. He always had to eat those when he wasn't at home. But when he was at home, the chef he had was hired from one of those famous restaurants, so it wad the same as dining out anyway.

"It's okay. I'll skip breakfast." Junhyung turned away. "You cN go if you want to."

Eunji stood there looking at him. At that instant when he walked away from her, he looked so lonely. He was sick and didn't have anything to eat, and he didn't have anyone to care for him.

*Did his family even care for him?* Eunji thought curiously. She blurted without thinking," Do you want to come to my house for breakfast?"

Junhyung stopped in his tracks. He turned around slowly and gazed at her with a shocked expression. "Your house?" he muttered.

Eunji flushed pink. "It doesn't mean I like you Mr Devil!" she warned as she played with her fingers behind her back. "I'm just thinking...well since you don't want to eat out, maybe you want to eat something more homemade? My umma makes good porridge you know."

Before Junhyung knew it, he was being pulled along by the stubborn and insistent pig.

 

 

"It's so small."

Eunji shot Junhyung a death glare as she continued pulling him with het towards her house. The Kang family lived in one of the better-than-average houses that was in close proximity with their neighbors.

Junhyung looked the house up and down. There were apparently two floors up and down, but from the exterior it didn't look like there was much room in there.

"It looks like it's even smaller than my art studio Kang Eunji." Junhyung raised his brows.

Eunji pouted as she pulled her through the door. "Be nice Yong Junhyung. It's small but warm and cozy and full of love." she came in just in time to see her parents in the midst of having breakfast.

"UMMA APPA!" Eunji chirped.

Mrs Kang looked up from the newspaper, surprised. "Eunji? I thought you were at Gunwoo's for a sleepover with MyName?"

Junhyung did a double take at Eunji. *She was? But she came when I told her to...* a small smile appeared on his lips as he tried to keep himself from being too happy. Happy just doesn't fit Junhyung you see.

"Something cropped up and I'm here now." Eunji explained vaguely. She beamed at her parents and pulled Junhyung in front of her. "This is Yong Junhyung. He's my classmate from school. He was sick yesterday and I wondered if we could provide him with breakfast today?"

"Of course my dear." Mrs Kang smiled at Junhyung warmly. "Sit down Junhyung. Since you're sick, I'll make you porridge. You'll feel better in no time."

Although Junhyung seriously had doubts if such a wonderful magical porridge existed, he nodded politely and sat down at the table with Eunji.

Eunji beamed at her father as he asked about her previous day. They talked a bit before Eunji couldn't help herself but attack the food on the table like a hungry pig as always. You couldn't blame her really, who could resist chocolate croissants and honey waffles?

Junhyung chuckled inwardly to himself. "Can't you eat more like a girl, Kang Eunji?" he passed her a tissue.

Eunji gave a little pout. "I like how I'm eating thank you very much!" she huffed as she took another big bite of the waffle to spite him.

Junhyung raised a brow in amusement and shook his head. "You're making me lose my appetite."

"Hey!" Eunji whined. She frowned cutely at him. "If I had known you were so ungrateful, I shouldn't have looked after you last night."

"If I remember correctly, the only thing you did was put that towel on my head to cool me down." Junhyung tapped his him teasingly. "The other thing you did, was to hug me to slee-"

Eunji lunged forwards and covered her hands on Junhyung's mouth to prevent him from sprouting anymore nonsense. Mr Kang watched their interaction with interest. "Continue, it's quite a show." he gestured.

"APPA!" Eunji whined and retracted her hands, continuing to eat.

Mrs Kang soon came out from the kitchen with a new bowl of porridge just for Junhyung. Junhyung eyed the white stuff critically as he scooped a spoonful. Was it for babies? Why were the rice stuck together in this gluey mess?

"Try it!" Eunji urged encouragingly. "It's really good you know!"

Junhyung glanced up and saw Mr and Mrs Kang watching him with anticipation he couldn't figure why existed. He took a small spoonful in his mouth and chewed in a refined manner worthy of the heir to Kang Enterprise.

Junhyung blinked and stiffened. He chewed again. *This is good.* he chewed again, faster.

"How is it?" Mrs Kang asked anxiously.

Junhyung gave a genuine smile that Eunji was surprised to see. "It's really good. Thank you for making me this."

Mrs Kang smiled and blushed. "Don't worry about it. You're Eunji's friend and we will treat you as our son."

*Their son.* Junhyung felt warm all of a sudden and had this urge to cry. He scooped spoon after spoon of porridge, enjoying the taste and the indescribable satisfaction it brought him.

He bit on his lips as he finished the entire bowl of piping hot porridge in less than a five minutes. He cringed when he thought how his mother never even made him anything to eat before. It was always the chefs.

Junhyung stood up, wanting to clear the bowls and plates out of courtesy when Mrs Kang stopped him. "You're the guest. We can't let you do this."

Mr Kang nodded and looked at Eunji. "But APPA! I cleared the plates yesterday and Insoo oppa cleared it the previous day."

"I made the breakfast." Mrs Kang laughed. She patted her husband's shoulder, and he dulled. "Just clear it Yeobo. It's your turn today."

Mr Kang got up reluctantly and cleared the plates and bowls. He grumbled under his breath, but it wasn't out of real frustration, but rather in a joking manner.

Junhyug got up to help him nevertheless and Mr Kang smiled at him when he followed him into the kitchen to place the plates down. "Thanks son." Mr Kang smiled. "You're a good match for my daughter. Treat her well."

"Huh?" Junhyung blurted.

Mr Kang shook his head and made him leave the kitchen. "Join Eunji. Maybe you can ask her to take a tour with you around the house."

Junhyung nodded and bowed, going it of the kitchen. Eunji was there waiting for him with a smile. "I'll show you around the house before you go then. Umma said there are some homemade kimchi she wanted you to take home."

Junhyung followed behind Eunji as she bounced around her house. They passed by their parents room, Insoo's room, a toilet, and finally came to Eunji's room. She opened the door dramatically and ushered Junhyung in. "TADAA! This is where-"

"The Biggest Pig of the Century resides." Junhyung finished t for her with a smirk. "Hey!" Eunji frowned.

Junhyung looked around her room. It was fairly simple and neat, but not too tidy. It wasn't pink, unlike what be thought her room would be, but a simple grey, white and purple. It was just like her person, innocent, clean and pure.

"How is it? Great right?" Eunji asked as she leaped onto her bed. Junhyung shook his head in amusement as he looked around the room.

His eyes landed on a family photo at the side of her bed. Insoo and her were making funny faces, and their mother was trying hard too. Mr Kang looked amused as them as the photo was shot.

They looked so close and happy together, something really called family. "That's nice." Junhyung commented quietly. "I've never had a family photo before."

Eunji's eyes widened. "Mwo? How is that possible?" she exclaimed in disbelief. "How can you not have a family photo?"

Junhyung shrugged. "My father died in a plane crash when I was four. From then on, it was my mother and i. Or rather, the maids and I. She was never around to care for me, I never really knew what was family."

Eunji softened and gazed at him, knowing it wasn't easy for him to open up.

"It's lucky I met he Beast guys, even though Yoseob can sometimes kill me with how irritating he is." he laughed a little. "When I was young my mother had expectations of me. When I was five and she learnt that I had talent in drawing, she took the freedom of art from me. What I painted was what she told me to. I couldn't draw rainbows and unicorns even if I wanted to, unless she told me so. When I was really desperate to draw my thoughts on paper I'd secretly doodle in the middle of the night under the blankets."

Eunji gasped lightly. *I didn't know he had such a childhood.*

"I couldn't d anything I wanted to. I had to behave well because I was some sort of a public figure." Junhyung was somehow talking to himself rather than to Eunji. "All I remember of my childhood was the empty house where even the maids couldn't be bothered to play with me."

"Junhyung..." Eunji's voice broke a little. She didn't expect him to lead such a hard life when all she could originally see of him was arrogance, wealth and cockiness.

Now all she saw was someone with a beautiful exterior, but was lonely inside.

Junhyung smiled a bit at her. "Thanks for inviting me to your house Kang Eunji. I never knew a family felt this way." he commented dryly.

Eunji felt a sudden urge to hug him but kept it in. "You can come anytime." she promised with a bright grin.

She watched him silently as he fell back into his thoughts. *Yong Junhyung, is that why you're so guarded and hostile against everyone? Because you're afraid they'll turn out like your failed family? I wish I could have known this earlier. Then I would have provided you with more care and concern that you deserve. As much as I don't want to admit, you look great smiling, Yong Junhyung.*

---

Phew. Long chapter