Chapter 2⇔

Searching...

Chapter 2 ⇔

 

Jieun POV

I woke up. I had the same dream again. Why is this guy always appearing in my dreams? I looked at the time and it’s almost 8AM! I have class that time. I quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face and wore jacket since its cold this morning. Yonsei University is right down the road. I need to get there before 8AM! II started running through the crowds. Somehow I stopped. My feet stopped by itself. But I had to run so I just avoid that feeling.

I ran and looked at the time I still have 2 minutes. “Move! Move!” I shouted to people. I can see it! The gate! I ran as fast as I could and once I passed the gate I stopped and catch my breath. “Yaaa…. Did you overslept?” asked the guard. He gave me a comb to adjust my horrible hair. “Thank you Ahjussi! I’ve to go now” I said and went to class. I got into class. Thank god the Prof isn’t there yet.

“Yah. The prof left already. She left us with the homework that she gave us” said Sora. “Really?” I asked. “Let’s practice group mates” said Wonwoo came towards us. “Wait… we only have 5 people.” I said. “Oh right! 1 new person. He just transferred here.” Said Seungcheol. “Hello. I’m Lee Chan” he said. “Oh! Nice to meet you” I said. “Let’s go!” said Jun.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

“Jihoon-ah… what’s wrong? Let’s go” said Soonyoung.

Weird what was that? What’s wrong with me?

“Yah Jihoon-ah. What’s wrong with you? You always wake up in a shocked mode. What did you dream about?” asked Soonyoung.

“It’s nothing. Just a dream.” I said.

“Yah! We have 30 minutes before class starts.” Said Mingyu.

We went to Korea University by Bus.

Pretty crowded though in the morning as usual. We then got off the bus and went to our class. “Let’s go!” said Soonyoung. “Vernon! Seungkwan!” shouted Mingyu.

“Did you guys sleep well?” asked Seungkwan. “Of course!” we said. “Ah! Jihoon-ah you knew about the assignment right?” he asked. “Yeah yeah I know.” I said.

“Let’s go eat dinner at Box Chicken tonight!” said Joshua. “Call!” They said.

“Sorry guys. Part time” I said. “Eyyhhh… Party pooper.” They said. “Sorry…” I said. The bell rang and everyone went to class.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jieun POV

Class ended. We were taking a break after practicing. “Yahh~ this sounds good though” said Seungcheol “Although we practiced at first it sounds like crap. But after 3 rounds we sound awesome” said Chan. “Practice makes perfect” said Sora.

“What about we have dinner tonight at Box Chicken!” suggested Seungcheol

“Call!” they said. “I heard they had the best chickens served there” said Jun excitedly.

“I should ask our other band mates too” said Seungcheol “Oh right! Jeonghan and Minghao” said Wonwoo. “Call!” we all shouted.

After practice we went to Box chicken. There were pretty packed but gladly there are customers that finished eating. “What kind of chicken we should order?” said Chan

“I want spicy chicken though” said Jeonghan. “Let’s order dumplings too” said Minghao. “I want spicy chicken!” I said.

Suddenly I got a call from a friend. I went out and answered it. “Hello? Jiyeon?” I said. “Jieun-ah~ Are you busy?” she asked. “Well just about to eat dinner.” I said. “Why?” I asked. “I thought I wanted to see you” she said. “Why is it sound so sad? It’s not like we’re parting. Right?” I asked. “I’m going to Russia tomorrow.” She said. “Where are you?” I asked. “In my room” she said. “I’ll be right there” I said and ended the call. I went in and the orders already came.

“Guys… I have to go.” I said.

“Are you going to leave me?” asked Sora

“I’m sorry Sora. I had to go” I said and waved goodbye to them. Jiyeon was my closest friend since elementary school for 3 years but she had to move to Gyeonggi-do. I still contacted her until now.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Jihoon POV

“Hyung~ I’m done with deliveries” I told Seokmin hyung.

“Nice work! Aju nice!” he said. “I’m going to close the shop and let’s get some cup ramyeon shall we?” he asked. “But hyung can’t you treat me meat?” I asked.

“Yah! You have to at least be grateful that I treat you” he said. “Cheapskate” I said.

We closed the shop and went to 7-eleven at the corner.

“Yah! I should have eaten chicken tonight. But I have to do this instead.” Said Jihoon. “Well… look at the bright side. Hyung is treating you” said seokmin hyung and lend the cashier the money.

“Let’s eat outside” he said.

“Thanks for helping me Jihoon-ah.” He said.

“Well… I’ll help as long as I got my salary.” I said. “Sly mochi” he said.

“Why mochi?” I asked. “You look like one” He said. We sat at a bench facing each other while eating ramyeon. Suddenly I felt something hit my foot lightly.

I looked at it. “Yogurt?” I said.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jieun POV

“Let’s go to a convenience store. I want yogurt and sausage!” said Jiyeon “I’ll treat you! Let’s go!” I said.

We went to 7-Eleven and bought yogurts plus sausage.

Then some kids running out from the store making my grip loose and my yogurt fell.

“Eyyh! These kids just don’t know respect! Do they even know how to spell it correctly seriously” I said. “Kids.” Said Jiyeon. “Where is it?” I asked. “What?” she asked. “My yogurt!” I shouted.

“Excuse me! I think this is yours” a guy shouted and I looked at him.

“Oh! Park Jiyeon my old schoolmate!” shouted the guy in front of him.

Somehow I can’t look away from the guy that shouted my yogurt. “Yah! Jieun-ah! Come here” I came back to my senses and saw Jiyeon at their table.

When did she get there? I went closer and he handed me my yogurt.

“Thank you for saving my yogurt.” I said and bowed. “It’s nothing” he said and ate his ramyeon.

“Yah~ it’s been a long time. You’re still pretty as usual. Oh! I’m seokmin!” he said. “He’s one of my senior in high school. Crazy Seok” she said. “You’re embarrassing me” he said. I kept looking at that guy. “Oh! This is Jihoon. My friend” he said.

Jihoon looked at me and slightly bowed his head. “He’s really shy with girls” said Seokmin. “Let’s chat a bit. Oh! My ramyeon is finished though.” Said Seokmin.

“Oh! I would like to eat Ramyeon.” Said Jiyeon “I’ll be back.” She said. “You should have a chat with Jihoon.” Said Seokmin.

“You should sit down” he said.

I sat in front facing him. I’m sorry but I am more awkward I guess… Especially with strangers.

“I’m Lee Jihoon. I’m a Korea University Student. Nice to meet you” he said.

“Ah!... I’m Lee Jieun. I’m a Yonsei University Student” I said.

Weird it’s like I’ve seen him before. But where? “What course are you major in?” he asked. “In Music. Instrumental though” I said.

“Ah~ You must be good. I’m in Arts but painting and others. Bored right?” he laughed.

“No it’s not. I think it’s relaxing.” I said. “Yes it is.” He said and smiled.

He is quite cute though.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

 

“Well see you later” said Seokmin hyung to his friend.

They left but somehow I kept looking at Lee Jieun. Unexpectedly she would look back at me.

“It’s getting late. Let’s get you home.” Said seokmin hyung.

“You should go home first hyung… I’ve to go somewhere.” Seokmin hyung left and I went to Box Chicken to meet up with others. “Jihoon-ah~!” shouted Soonyoung.

“I thought you didn’t came.” Said Mingyu. “I would do anything for chicken” I said. “Let’s eat!” said Seungkwan. “Hey guys… aren’t they from Yonsei University? I forgot how good looking they are.” Said Jun. “They’re some visuals though.” Said soonyoung.

“We’re all visuals too” said seungkwan. “I heard Prof said we’re invited for their open festival at the end of this month.” Said Vernon.

“Seriously?? They’re awesome though. I wish I could perform like that.” Said Mingyu.

“You don’t have to perform. You just sat on stage and people will scream for you when do something.” Said soonyoung.

“Dude… I love you~” said mingyu while hitting soonyoung softly.

“I admit that guy’s hair is beautiful.” Said Joshua.

“I bet they’re really famous since they perform in every event and compete with other universities. Respect!” I said. “We’re famous too. Don’t you know with our elegant hand drawings and good looks, girls are all over us.” Said soonyoung confidently.

“Plus, I can cook” said Mingyu. “Yeah Man~” said Vernon.

“Yah~~ It’s finished. I’ll pay. You guys go ahead.” Said Joshua.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Jieun POV

 

I was in the middle of completing my puzzle.

I was about to put the last piece but the last piece wasn’t there.

Where could it be? I searched near his bed… but I couldn’t find it.

I looked under his bed but there’s nowhere to find. I just put aside the puzzle and it’s time for me to clean him up.

After I cleaned him I tried going to the basement again to search for something that might help him to wake up. I went towards that public phone booth and entered.

Looks like I have to build something or tightened some nails and a little screw driving. I started searching tools and hammers in the wardrobe upstairs.

It was all dusty so I cleaned it up. I also cleaned up the public phone booth until evening.

I heard someone calling my name.

 

I opened my eyes and turns out it was my alarm.

 

It was too cold outside so I went to the store room and reached my hoodie that I folded on top of the shelf and once I got to hold on it, a box just fell. I shake it and opened it.

It’s the puzzle in my dream.

I wanted to test it out but It’s too late for that, I got classes.

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

 

“We’re going to have an art gallery in Yonsei University around 10.00AM. I want you guys to bring your masterpiece with you and meet me at the hall before we go” said Prof and left.

Mingyu gave us a grin. “Why are you smiling like that?” asked Seungkwan.

“We’re going to swoon the girls with our good looks” said Mingyu. “I think it’s just you” said Seungkwan.

“Yah Jihoon-ah… why are you so hard to wake up?” asked Josh.

“I don’t know… I kept having this dream since long ago. I thought it stopped but it kept on coming back to me.” I said. “What kind of dream?” asked Vernon.

“Well… I always heard this girl’s voice but I’ve never meet her in the dream” I said.

“Weird~.. “ said soonyoung.

“Is it a lewd dream?” asked Joshua and they all grinned. “No~” I said. “So immature guys” I said.

We waited for our Prof at the school hall. After that our bus came and we’re heading to Yonsei University. A few minutes of ride we came across one of the best scenery.

Yonsei is big like Korea University but has that old English building kind of feel. Perfect building to paint though.

“Prof… Can I like not comeback to Korea University. This place is dope.” Said Vernon.

“The girls here are pretty” said Hoshi. “Shut your mouth and follow me to their hall.” Said Prof. “Let’s go~” said seungkwan. We all followed the Prof to Yonsei’s hall.

Everybody kept looking at us and girls be talking behind our backs.

Jun walking confidently with his sharp nose.

 

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Jieun POV

 

“Okay everyone let’s start from the top” said wonwoo conducting our instrumental music.

We started soft and elegant till it becomes one ballad song. “And that’s a rep” said Jeonghan who recorded our song. “You guys are awesome” said Minghao.

“Hey guys I’m going to the bathroom. 5 minute break” said wonwoo and left.

“I’m so tired~” said sora.

“They said yesterday there’s an art gallery.” I said.

 “Guys~…” said wonwoo who rushed in the music room. “Let’s check out their art gallery.” Said Wonwoo excitedly. “I heard they’re good looking artist” said Jeonghan

“I heard they look like foreigners” said Minghao.

“Let’s go~” said Chan.

“I’m going to snack vending machine” I said and they all left.

 


 

“There’s no chocobar” I said. I sighed and I went to the art gallery.

There were so many people especially girls. I couldn’t see the paintings since they all blocked my view. They were explaining their paintings to the crowd.

I’m guessing it’s for their final score with the community module.

I couldn’t go through the crowd until Minghao grabbed my hand.

“Minghao… since when did you stand here?” I asked. “I was walking and I saw you. I guessed you have a pretty hard time to look since you’re short” he said.

“are you dissing me right now?” I smirked.

“Come on, I’ll lead the way for you” he said.

And finally I was in front. “They’re so tall. But wait…”

I saw Lee Jihoon. I guess he didn’t see me.

“I need a volunteer please” said the tall tanned good looking guy.

A lot of them raised their hands until he started to pick someone else.

“You” he said pointing at me. “Me?” I asked and he nodded while smiling.

“Okay… what can you create a story from this painting?” he showed me the painting beside Jihoon. The colors that are used in the painting is rose quartz and serenity.

 

“Well… it was raining, and he didn’t know what to do. So he took out an A3 size paper, stand it up and started painting and matching colors to fill his time. While doing it, he listens to a bit of music for an inspiration. That’s all I got” I said.

I looked at them but they were looking at Jihoon that time and Jihoon was looking at me with shocked eyes.

“Let’s give her a round of applause” said the guy who has 10:10 eyes.

“Jieun-ah~ our class is going to start soon” said Minghao and pulled me out of the crowd. I didn’t get the chance to even say hi to Jihoon.

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Jihoon POV

 

We went back to our University and it’s time for us to rest.

We didn’t have classes so we went back home. “I was shocked that the girl told exactly like Jihoon told us” said Mingyu.

“Do you know her?” asked soonyoung. “Have you guys dated before?” asked Joshua.

“Excuse me. Have you ever seen me dating?” I asked. “He got a point there” said Vernon

“Thank you” we both fist bumped.

“Never met her before?” asked seungkwan.

“Well… I actually met her before while Seokmin hyung and I went to 7-eleven that night” I said. “Must be fate” said Mingyu. Somehow her voice seems familiar.

I can’t remember.

“Guys I’m going back to my parents’ house at the end of this month” said Seungkwan. “Tangerines please. Fresh ones” said Vernon.

“Oh! I’m going to pack extra for Seokmin hyung. You should invite him to hang out with us sometimes.” Said Seungkwan. “Sure.” I said.

 


 

I woke up… Where am I?

There was… no one except for old furniture’s and an untouchable fresh food beside the table.

It was 10:10am. I look around the house. There was a lot of books.

I saw an unfinished puzzle. Only one left. Where am I? I kept looking around the house.

Each rooms, there were no pictures. There was a basement so I went down there. The lights are open. “Hello? Is there anybody there?” I asked but no one answered.

I saw a big public phone booth. It just stopped spinning. Weird. I tried to go near it and saw a torn photograph of me? Sleeping.

I tried pulling and pushing some buttons.

Nothing happened. The date is written as 31/12/2015 on the clock.

It’s today’s date. On my palm, it was written 22 November 1996.

What is that date? I tried looking through my pockets.

There was the last piece of puzzle.

I kept it and I heard someone calling from the outside.

I went outside and saw a lady standing facing the road.

She then turn to me. It was my mother.