Chapter 1≈

Searching...

Chapter 1≈

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jieun POV

 

“I want you to help me Jieun. I’ll pass him to you”

“Grandpa… Don’t go” I was crying the whole time while holding his hands and after that he breath out his last breath.

My parents tried to console me but I couldn’t hold back my tears.

3 months after that, my parents were involved in a crime scene area.

They both were killed.

“Good morning” as I said to the young man.

“When are you going to wake up?” I asked but he still didn’t budge. When are you going to wake?

I walked outside to get some fresh air.

The breeze was so nice blowing through my hair.

I had breakfast outside while feeding the birds.

I went inside, I looked at the clock near him. I never notice it. It’s dead. I tried to put batteries but it won’t budge. It didn’t move. I took it out. Weird. Is this why he couldn’t wake up? I went inside my grandfather’s room. Maybe something could actually help him. He’s breathing but he just won’t wake up.

No matter what I do.

I looked through books on the shelves but nothing.

I found grandpa’s diary. I took it and opened the first page.

 

“ It was 22 November 1996, I just got back from Europe,

I went home and found a young man lying on my bed,

I tried waking him up but he didn’t move.

There was a note,

‘Time freezes when you meet the love of your life.’

I don’t get it. Whether this note is for me or for this young man?

I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

I wondered, what is his name?

His age?

Where does he come from?

He looked like an 18 year old”

 

 

I flipped the next page.

 

“Today 23 November 1996 my first grandchild just steps her beautiful foot on this very ground,

She was so beautiful,

Like an angel.

The young man still didn’t move.

He’s still breathing.

I couldn’t take him to the hospital because

it’s not something that a doctor will cure.”

I flipped again

“I take a look at the clock, it stops at 10.10AM,

I tried to put in batteries but it won’t move.

I tried fixing it,

But I can’t,

Whenever I tried to rewind it,

It just won’t move. It’s cold. – 12 April 2007”

 

 

I flipped again it was empty. He stopped writing.

The day after, he died. How on earth am I going to fix him?

I put his diary back on the shelves. I was somehow curious.

Grandpa’s house has a basement. But I couldn’t go because I was scared. Since it’s morning. I’ll try.

I opened the door and there was a slight of the sun’s light.

I slowly went down the stairs and it was so big. There was nothing besides something hiding under a big piece of clothing. I pulled it down. It looks like a public phone booth.

I got inside.

There was a lot of clocks wired here.

Also a handle but it doesn’t work when I pull it down.

I didn’t know what this thing is for but I’ll start doing some research.

I got down,

I accidentally stepped on the clothing making me fell.

 

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

I woke up. It was… a dream?

My phone alarm kept on vibrating. I turned it off.

Washed up and ate breakfast.

I rushed to my University by bus. Around 15 minutes I arrived in front of the gate and the bell rang. I was on time Thank God. I couldn’t afford to stay here. It cost a lot of money.

“Jieun-ah… You’re on time.” Said Sora.

“Oh… yeah… I thought I couldn’t make it though.” I said. “Well you’re here. Let’s get to class.” Said Sora. Was it a dream…? Has it ever been real? My childhood memories are really vague. I couldn’t remember a lot of things.

I don’t know why… Long 3 hours 30 minutes, it was lunch time.

I went to the Cafeteria. “Jieun-ah I’m going to the library for a second. You should eat first.” Said sora and left.

“Jieun-ah. We have a group project next month. Did you pick any partner yet?” asked Wonwoo. “Not yet. I’m actually waiting for someone to ask.” I said. “Then let’s partner up” suggest Wonwoo. I smiled and nodded. “Where’s sora?” he asked. “Library” I said.

“Let’s go to class together after lunch.” Suggest Seongjoon. “Okay… Where are your friends?” I asked. “Jun and Seungcheol is practicing for the upcoming festival. So they’re going to be late.” He said. “Aren’t you joining?” I asked. “I’ll join them later.” He said.

“But the year-end festival is around the corner.” I said. He just smiled.

We went to class together but Wonwoo sat at the back in his usual seat. “Okay everyone. I’ve an assignment for you. Form a group of 6 people and create 1 music sheet for each different instruments that will create a perfect harmony.” Said Professor Sujin. 6? Why 6? Sora then came sat beside me. “Jieun-ah I’m in.” she said. “Okay. Only 4 places left though.” I said.

“Why don’t you ask Wonwoo to be in our group?” she asked. “I’ll ask him later.” I said. “I want your music sheets to be done this week. Next week, we’ll present everything okay?” asked Prof Sujin and they all answered yes. “Man… I’m supposed to take the birthday cake today.” Said Sora. “Birthday cake?” I asked. “It’s my mom’s birthday today. I’m supposed to take her birthday cake from the bakery shop today but Prof Scott wants to see me” she said. “Well, I can help.” I said.

“You’ll take it for me?” she asked. “Sure. I’ll take it and I’ll give it to you then. Just call me” I said. “Thank you so much. I promise it won’t be too long.” Said Sora. After class I went to my locker to put all my stuff. I was about to walk out from the campus until I heard someone called me from afar. I turned around and it was Wonwoo, Jun and Seungcheol. “Jieun-ah is your group full?” asked Wonwoo. “Nope. Just Sora and I. Do you want to join us?” I asked. “Sure.” Said Wonwoo.

“But you guys will be twice busy though with assignments and upcoming performance.” I said. “We’ll be fine.” Said Seungcheol. “We’re Pro’s Jieun-ah” said Jun. “Well… I’m rooting for you guys.” I said. We exchanged goodbyes and I left to the Bakery Shop. It only took 5 minute walk to arrive at the bakery.

“Excuse me, Park Sora ordered a cake here yesterday.” I said. “Oh, okay I’ll be right back.” Said the cashier and left to the kitchen. I walked around the shop. So many different types of bread. “Hyung. Sorry for being late. I’m ready to deliver.” Said a guy who just entered. “Wait for a sec okay.” Said the cashier. “Excuse me Miss. Here it is.” He said. “Thank you.” I was about to leave. “Oh wait. The candles.” He said and went to the kitchen.

Somehow I felt weird. I turned to my side and the guy looked at me. Weird.

“Here it is. Sorry.” Said the cashier. “It’s okay.” I said

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

 

“One order is in Itaewon and Dongdaemun.” Said Seokmin hyung. “Thank you” I said.

I turned around to look at the girl but she left already.

Weird I felt like somehow I know her?

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the screen it was Joshua. “Hello?” “Jihoon-ah. Are you going to tonight’s party?” he asked. “What time is it again?” I asked. “7.30PM” he said. “Sorry Josh. There are plenty of orders that I’ve to deliver tonight.” I said.

“Man… Part time jobs are hell. Well, be back home before midnight. Or no pizza for you.” Said Josh. “Thanks Joshua.” I ended the call and went to the delivery destination.

It took around 2 hours once I arrived at Itaewon and Dongdaemun.

It’s 9.50PM. By the time I arrived home whether they’re playing games or drop dead sleeping. As expected I got home 10.20PM. I got into the apartment and they were watching a movie. “What are you guys watching?” I asked. “Jihoon!” They yelled. “I thought you’ll get home once we all dozed off.” Said Soonyoung. “Well I’m here now” I said. “Sit here. We left you some Pizza” said Mingyu. “Thanks” we sat at the couch and enjoyed the movie at the same time.

“Oh. Seungkwan dropped by earlier to give you a group assignment?” said Mingyu.

“Oh right! I forgot to take it home. I was so rushing at the time though.” I said.

“Just messaged him that you receive it” said Joshua. I nodded and quickly messaged Seungkwan.

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

“Here. You must be hungry.” Said Mom giving me ddeokbokki.

“You should go shower after this.” Said Mom while doing her dishes.

After I showered, I wore some clothes that Mom already prepared.

I went out and heard my parents quarrelling downstairs.

I just sat at the stairs waiting.

Mom went upstairs, I saw some tears left at her left eye.

“Why are you here? Oh… I should show you your room.” She said and led me the way.

“You’ll be comfy here. Have a nice sleep.” She said and left after she gave me a warm smile.

Goodbye

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

I woke up.

Without noticing I’m already at my bed. It was still night time.

“What’s wrong?” asked Soonyoung my roommate. “Nothing.” I said.

“You should get some sleep.” Said Soonyoung. “Good night” I said.

Goodbye? Whose voice is that? Mom? Maybe.

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

“Jihoon-ah, Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to Jihoon! Happy Birthday to you!” said mom and dad clapping their hands.

“Congrats on your SAT.” said Dad. “What University are you going to?” asked Mom

“I think I’ll go to Korea University.” I said. “In what major?” asked Dad.

“I wanted to take arts. If that’s okay with you guys.” I said.

I always tend to enjoy drawing. It’s kind of my passion. I love it. “I’ll be a great artist.” I said.

“Well… if you like it then who are we to prevent you from doing it.” Said Mom.

“You’re okay with it?” I asked.

“Well… I’ve seen you stressed out on physics lately. So to ease your mind. We’re okay with it because you like doing it” He said. “Thanks mom dad.” I said.

For the first time I went to Korea University it was like a dream. I met Seungkwan and Joshua in the same class. I met soonyoung and mingyu once we moved to an apartment that Joshua’s parents bought for him. It’s pretty far from my home both university and the apartment. But I’m okay with it.

I opened my closet and it led me somewhere.

Somehow I was in front of an old house gathered by trees and an ocean view from afar. Wind breezing through the fields. Where am I? I look around. This single house surrounded by nothing but nature. The roads seems empty. Step by step I went into the house.

It was like an old shack inside? But filled with books, tables, chairs and other equipment. Have I been here before? I felt like I’ve been here.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

 

“Jihoon-ah.” I quickly opened my eyes. I was shocked actually.

“Wake up sleepy head. We’re going to a café to eat breakfast.” Said Soonyoung.

I got out from my bed and took my drawing sheet. I tried to remember the scenery in my dream.

I started to draw it. But it’s blurry because it’s just a dream.

Dreams won’t last forever unless it’s something precious.

Somehow I felt like this is important.

“Jihoon-ah hurry” shouted Joshua from outside the room. “Okay” I shouted and closed my drawing sheet then put it in my bag. “Let’s go” said Joshua. We walked down the street together.

“Yahhh… I need morning coffee~” said Mingyu. “Me too” I said and I stopped walking.

I felt like something just passed me.