Chapter 7

Searching...

Chapter 7

 

 

Jieun POV

 

I quickly went to bed to hide my blushing face. Then went to sleep. Calm down. It’s not that close.

Why did I do that...? No… I just wanted to know his condition. I heard Jihoon slowly lying down.

The next day,

We ate breakfast together and started our work at the other house. We were researching and printed out a lot of facts then tried some experiments. I was collecting some evidence and facts. There was this book shelf and I wanted to check out the top shelves.

There was a wooden ladder beside it.

”Yah~ is that safe?” asked wonwoo while I was busy climbing the ladder.

“It’ll be fine” I said and carefully placed it in front of the shelf. I slowly went up and I took 2 books.

Until the wooden ladder that I stepped on broke. I fell but Wonwoo caught me.

“Yah~… Are you okay?” he asked. I almost had a heart attack. “Yeah.”

Our gaze was a bit long until I realized that we were looking at each other.

 

“Jihoon-ah~ hurry up!” called mingyu “Oh yeah” said jihoon while picking up some woods on the floor.

After Jihoon left, I realized that Wonwoo was still holding me. “Wonwoo-ya… You can let go now” I said.

“Oh yeah… Sorry” He said and slowly put me down. “Thank you” I said. “It’s nothing. Just be careful next time”.

 

Jihoon POV

I was outside cutting some woods with Jun.

“We need 2 more” I said and we cut some new woods. After that, I took it inside.

While I was walking I saw Jieun climbing up the wooden ladder. Until it broke.

I dropped my woods to help her but my actions was too slow, Wonwoo already caught her. I stopped my steps.

Look at that… They gazed into each other eyes. “Jihoon-ah~ hurry up!” called mingyu.

I quickly gathered the woods and went downstairs.

 

“Here’s your stupid woods” I dropped the woods on the floor.

“Yah~ what’s wrong with you?” asked seungcheol while knocking the nails on the wood with a hammer.

“Nothing… Let me do that” I said and sat at seungcheol’s place. I’m not jealous. Why should I…? I remembered the way they gaze each other.

Aish! Jinjja! “Ah!!” I accidentally knocked my own thumb. Man this hurts. “Jihoon-ah! Yah~ you should be careful!” said Mingyu.

“Why? What happened?” asked Seokmin. “Aigoo~…” said Jeonghan. “Let’s get that treated” said Joshua. Joshua quickly took me to the other house and went into the kitchen. There is a first aid in the drawer.

“Yah… what’s wrong with you?” he asked while doing the bandage for my thumb.

"A lot of stuff” I said. “All done” he said. “You’re good with this kind of stuff” I said.

“What happened?” asked Jieun. “Just a little unconsciousness. Right Jihoon-ah?” said Joshua.

“Jieun-ah…. Is there any empty cookie Tupperware?” asked wonwoo.

“What for?” she asked “Dino brought some snacks and we already opened it so we want to keep it in the Tupperware.” Said wonwoo.

 

 

Jieun POV

 

“Oh sure… it’s right here...” I was about to go until Jihoon pulled my hand.

“Stay here” he said. What’s wrong with him?... “Where is it?” he asked.

“What?” I asked. “The Tupperware” He said. “At the top shelf.” I said.

“Then, let him take it himself.” He said and left. Just like that?...

“Jieun-ah… It’s okay… I’ll go take it” said Wonwoo, after that he left. What is Jihoon’s problem?...

“Joshua… What’s wrong with him?” I asked. “I don’t know” he said.

Jieun-ah!... I’ll go to the store for a second.” Said Sora. “Alone?” I asked. “It’s okay... I’m fine” she said and left.

 

 

Jihoon POV

“What’s wrong with me?”

“Do I like her?”

“That must be a mistake?”

But I remembered the photo that we attached it. I guess she’s my fate. “Ah! I’m going crazy!” I heard someone clears a throat.

I turned around. It was Sora. “Sora-ya… Why are you here?” Oh! Did she heard it? I closed my mouth to hide my embarrassing face.

“What did you heard?” I asked. “Well… nothing… more like everything” she said.

“You are really are clueless. Do you know what love is?” she said.

“You want to see her smile no matter what. You’ll get jealous if some other guy help her.” She said.

Figure it out yourself” said sora and left. I like her...?

 

“Yah~ Lee Jihoon” said Wonwoo. I turned around.

“I don’t have time. Hurry up if it’s important” I said.

“You like Jieun right?” he asked. “Yeah. Why?” I asked.

“You think time couldn’t change your life?” he asked. “What is this all about?” I asked.

“Don’t think that you and jieun may be destined together but those things can changed” he said.

“I happened to like her. She likes me. We wouldn’t be searching for each other if we’re not destined to be together. It’s called fate. Wherever I go, or she goes. We will eventually meet.” I said. “I’m asking you to not meddle in our life” I said and left.

 

I went to the other house. I was helping out mingyu. “Jihoon-ah…” called Soonyoung.

“What is it?” I asked. “You look so stressed ever since you arrived here” he said “What are you up to?” I asked, “Nothing.” He smiled.

Once the night came,

We ate dinner together. “Mingyu-ya~ It is delicious!” said Minghao.”

 

“We have an announcement, The Korea University student are going to continue our work while you guys stay here” said Soonyoung.

“You guys are a bunch of art students” said Jeonghan. “Yes of course we are! But Mingyu is here~ so he can do a lot of things.” Said Seungkwan. “Let’s go Jihoon~” they pulled my arm as I was holding my cola.

We were doing our work till they all stopped and gathered at one place.

Yah… what are you guys doing?” I asked and take a look. They were watching an video.

“Yah! What are you guys doing?!” I asked but at the same time looking.

 

“What are you doing?” asked Jieun.

“Jieun!!! Why are you here??” they were hiding the phone. But they forgot to pause it.

Mingyu accidentally turned up the volume. “What’s that sound?” asked Jieun.

“ah! Uh! My stomach!” said dino holding his stomach.

“Get out of the way!” while pushing all of us but we didn’t move. “Yah! You guys are watching ?!” she shouted.

“ert” she looked at me.

“me?” I asked. This is so unbelievable.

 

Jieun POV

Everyone sat at the couch and looked down.

“You guys are staying here with me and under my rules. My house, my rules.! Phone!”

I gathered their phones inside a basket. “I’m going to stay here with these phones until you guys finished.” I said.

“I’m a victim!” said Jihoon. “Why are you a victim?” I asked “I was about to stop them.” Said Jihoon “Is that so?” asked Seungcheol.

I looked at Jihoon. “You’re just the same with them” I said and watched them do their work.

 

Jihoon POV

We were working till 11.30pm and everyone was so tired.

“I think we should stop for today. You guys can head back and rest” I said.

“Okayy~” they all yelled and went out. I was about to go until I saw jieun sleeping on the couch.

I didn’t want to woke her up so I took some blankets from the other house and covered her because it was a bit cold.

Everyone was already asleep. I kept on looking at jieun while she was sleeping. Ah… pretty. I’m totally into her.

 

Jieun POV

 

I was running around the beach… Playing with the water… someone was chasing me.

I turned around and saw Jihoon. Jihoon was chasing me and we played by the beach together while the sun was about to set. It’s really beautiful.

I woke up

And I was at the old house.

Their equipment’s were on top of the table and I was covered by a blanket.

Below my feet I saw Jihoon sleeping while he sits. His head is facing upwards. I wonder how hurt it will be once he woke up.

I bet he didn’t want to woke me up because I was asleep. I was about to let him sleep for a while but then he opens his eyes slowly and starts yawning.

“Oh? You’re awake?” he asked. “Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked.

“Why should I wake someone who was happily smiling in their sleep.” He said and smiled.

“Smiling?” I asked. He nodded. “A good dream?” He asked.

I remembered I dreamt about him. I nodded and smiled.

 

“Knock knock knock~” yelled Seokmin.

We are here to serve breakfast” said Soonyoung and the others with breakfast.

“Yah… you guys haven’t breakfast yet?” I asked. “We can’t eat without you guys” said Minghao.

They cleared up the table and we ate breakfast together.

“So… how’s everything working?” asked Sora.

“There are a few things we have to test before we let any human forms enter our time machine” said Mingyu.

“We’re testing food” said seungcheol. “Food? Will it work?” asked Sora. “That’s what we’re trying to do. We’re trying to make sure that the person who time travelled will get home safely with their body parts in place.” Said Jun.

“Ah~ so you’re going to test it today?” I asked “Yup!” said Dino

“After that! We can test jihoon~” said Jeonghan.

 

“No!” I said loudly. Everyone looked at me.

“No? Why?” asked Wonwoo.

“I mean… um….” I couldn’t tell them. “Let’s try animal first.” I suggested.

“That’s a good idea though a living thing” said Seungkwan.

 

Jihoon POV

“No!” said Jieun loudly.

No?... why…?

“Let’s try animal first” she said.

“Oh! I’m going to get us some water.” And she left. I followed her.

“You don’t have to follow me jihoon.” She didn’t look back.

“Jieun-ah...” she didn’t look back. “Jieun… Lee Jieun!” I grabbed her hand and she turned around with some tears in her eyes.

“Jieun-ah… why are you crying?” she looked down.

“Let go…” she said. “Jieun-ah… Look at me.” I said. She looked at me while her tears fell from her right eye to her cheeks.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. “Don’t disappear.” She said while looking at me.

I don’t know what she meant.

“I won’t. I promise” I said.