Chapter 5⇒

Searching...

Chapter 5

 

Jihoon POV

I woke up and washed myself. I was getting ready to go to that house.

I went to a nearby café to order my morning coffee until I bumped into Jieun.

"Jieun?" I said. "Jihoon?" she said.

"Why are you here?" we both asked the same question. "You first." I said.

"I was on my way to the hospital to check on my grandmother" she said.

"Oh… what’s wrong with her?" I asked. "She had diabetes. So I’m giving her moral support." She said.

"What about you?" she asked. "Oh… I have some errands to do." I said.

"What kind of errands?" she asked. "Just some stuff that I have to do" I said.

"Well… I think I should go now…" she said. "Oh… okay sorry." I said.

"No it’s fine" she smiled and left. I admit she is cute.

I quickly bought my morning coffee and went to that house again to find my keychain.

So I went to that house. I think someone is taking care of this house since it looks like it’s been swept.

I went downstairs to the big phone booth. I was trying to test it out but I felt like there’s something missing that’s why it won’t budge.

It’s not completed yet. It needs something to make it work.

I searched the table and found a piece of paper inside one of the drawers.

Actually a drawing of a girl and a boy. Is this the girl that I’ve met in my dream?

Can I turn back time? Somehow… I wanted to know where I come from. Is it even possible?

I want to know who am I?… I think no one would probably came into this house so I started doing some research.

I got cozy in there as If I’ve been here before.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jieun POV

 

After I visit my grandma, I went home and somehow my heart wants me to go to that house.

So I went out and walked straight to the house. I opened the door and I heard some noises downstairs.

The sun is still up so I’m not afraid to go down. I

went downstairs and saw a figure facing backward near the phone booth.

I went near that person quietly and tapped his shoulders.

"Oh my god!" he startled. "Jihoon?" "Jieun?" we faced each other.

"Why are you here?" we asked each other. "Wait… I should say it first." Said Jihoon.

"I’m here because I felt like I need to go here. I know there’s something about this house that I actually got attached to it. And I don’t know why." He said.

"Actually, I felt like I have to go here too." I said.

"This was my grandfather’s house. But he died and no one ever use this house anymore. Just a bunch of random stuffs kept in here" I said.

"You grandfather?" he asked.

"Do you have a picture of you? That was torn?" he asked.

Actually… I do… I took it with me every time I went here. So I gave him my photo and he took out his.

We had this same thought to put it back together. And it was a perfect fit. I didn’t know how to react. I don’t know what are we?

"Okay… Have you ever dream about anything?" He asked. "I did… actually… about a guy… and which we have the answer now I think it was you." I said.

"You were sleeping… I can’t get you up" I said.

"Then what did you do?" he asked. "

I think I fixed that thing" I looked at the phone booth.

"Do you remember how you fixed it?" He asked. "No… I don’t…" I said.

He sat down but facing the ground. I went to him. "What’s wrong?" I asked.

"I think I’m not from here… I felt like I’m not supposed to be here." He said. "Well… I don’t know what’s going on but we’re going to find out what are we… where are you from?… and other related stuff. Okay?" I said. He looked at me right in the eye since I faced him a bit closer than usual. "

You’re a nice person" he said. My heart skipped a beat.

But it stopped until we heard a knock on the door.

 

"Who’s that?" He asked. "I don’t know." I said and we went upstairs.

I opened the door and it was my friends. "Jieun!!" they shouted.

"And who are you supposed to be?" asked Wonwoo. "Urm… it’s a long story." I said. "Then we’re coming in" said Minghao.

We gathered at the living room upstairs.

I don’t know but I think Wonwoo looking at Jihoon for quite a long time. While Jihoon was looking at me making me feel nervous.

"Okay….. Actually lately I’ve been dreaming about someone. I don’t know who is it but It’s been going for quite few months.

Jihoon also experience this dream but he doesn’t know who it is. So I feel like our dreams related but I’m positively sure that Jihoon is not our age." I said.

 

"I can’t think right now" said Sora.

"So you guys are kind of destined to be together?" asked Seungcheol.

"How can I buy this story?" asked wonwoo. "It depends if you trust me." I said. Wonwoo nodded.

"Oh right… you guys should stay at my grandma’s house. There’s extra bed and a room. Don’t worry I cleaned it." I said.

"What are you going to do tonight" asked Wonwoo. "Jihoon and I are going to talk about something" I said.

"Alone?" asked wonwoo. "Yeah…" I said. "Oh..." he said.

"You guys should freshen up a bit and order some food. Once we’re done. We’ll join you guys." I said.

"Come one Jeon~" said Seungcheol and they left.

"Let’s start… Jihoon?" I saw jihoon crying. "Jihoon what’s wrong?" I asked. "I don’t know…" he said. So I hugged him.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jihoon POV

 

Who am I? Why am I here?

Am I supposed to be alone? What am I?

All these questions in my head makes my eyes tear up.

Jieun hugged me tightly and said it’s going to be alright. "I’m here for you" she said.

After that, we started talking about our dreams.

How I met her when she was little. When I spend my time with dad in my dreams.

And I think I did a bad thing when I was in my dad’s lab.

"So you want to know about your parents. Whether they are still a live or not?" she asked and I nodded.

"I’ll help you. But you can’t get greedy." She said. "What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"we’ll figure things out together. I won’t leave you alone." She said. Her words ease me.

"Thank you" I said. And she smiled at me.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

We went to her grandma’s house and her friends ordered some pizza.

I ate outside because I felt like I’m such a bother since that Wonwoo guy kept looking at me.

I have to find out about myslef.

I wonder what will happen after that?...

"Jihoon" said Jieun

Jieun came outside and gave me some coke.

"Why are you out here?" she asked.

"Just need some fresh air." I lied.

"You know they’re good friends. Don’t worry. We’ll help you out." She said.

I looked at her in respond she looked at me back.

We smiled at each other under the starry sky.