Chapter 6¥

Searching...

Chapter 6¥

 

 

Soonyoung POV

I woke up feeling annoyed because Jihoon is still not home.

Usually he would woke up shockingly and it’s fun to tease but he’s not here. I got bored. It’s been a few weeks since he’s absent. We tried a lot of different methods to cover him in class.

Gladly Prof doesn’t notice anything yet. I went out from my room, Joshua and Mingyu eating breakfast.

“Hey guys did Jihoon called or anything?” I asked. “Nope. Why?” said Joshua.

“To be honest I’m actually worried about him. Let’s go search for him” I said. “He said he’s going to sleep over at his parents” I said. “Then, let’s go~” said Mingyu.

“But the address?” asked Soonyoung. “The university has his details right? So we should look it up” said Joshua.

 

Jihoon POV

 

“I won’t give up on you Jihoon”

“I should’ve let you play that thing”

“Is he still alive?”

“Of course he is! He’s breathing!”

“Calm down Prof.”

 

I woke up

My breathing is uncontrollable. I sat up and saw Jieun. I think she dreamt about something.

She looked startled. “Good morning” I said. “Oh.. Jihoon… Good morning” she said.

“Did you dream?” we asked. “Sorry” we said.

Wonwoo woke up and he yawned loudly. “So what’s for breakfast?” he asked.

“Well… I should cook some pancakes for you guys” she said. “I’ll help” I said. “I’ll help too!” said wonwoo.

I don’t know but Wonwoo makes me angry sometimes seriously.

We went to the kitchen, Jieun took out some basic ingredients while wonwoo was helping her.

I was washing some dishes from last night. “Jieun-ah… I found an apron. Here”

Wonwoo wore the apron for her. “Thank you Wonwoo” she smiled.

Does she like him? Wait… should I care?

Wonwoo caught me looking. He took out his tongue at me.

“Jihoon-ah~ can you help me for a sec.” she said.

I came closer. “What is it?” I asked. “Put a little bit of water in this bowl.” She said.

She didn’t tie her hair properly. I stop pouring the water and tied her hair properly.

I continued to help her.

After that, wonwoo cooked the pancakes.

Jieun and I set the table. “Jieun-ah” I said and she looked at me.

“Did you dream anything?” I asked.

 

 

Jieun POV

 

Yeah… I did. But it was the same dream that I dreamt the night before.

“Jieun?” he said.

“Oh! Um… No… I guess I was so tired and my mind goes blank. Haha. I’ve to finish this up and go to the hospital” I said nervously.

“I’ll come with you” he said. “What?” I asked. “I said I’ll come with you” he said.

“It’s fine~… I can go alone” I said.

“Guys~ I’m going to the hospital with Jieun today. So you guys can go wherever you want here in Jeju” he shouted. “What?! Just the two of you?!” asked wonwoo.

“Okay~~” said Sora “Wonwoo-ya let’s go the love museum” said seungcheol

“Euww… ert” said Sora. “What I’m just joking!” said seungcheol

“Yeay! Jeju!” shouted Minghao. “Chan and Jeonghan isn’t up yet~” said Seungcheol

“Then wake them up~” said Sora. Jihoon looked at me and smiled.

“What’s that smile for?” I asked. “Smile of victory” he laughed.

I pouted at him as a response.

 

“Well… we’ll be going now” said Jihoon

“Make sure you guys lock the door if you go out.” I said.

"Okay Jieun! I got it!” said Sora. “I’m sorry Sora. I had to let you take care of these monkeys.” I said.

“Well… they are our monkeys.” She said. “Hey! What monkey?” said Chan

“I’m a giraffe thank you very much. Seungcheol’s the monkey” said Jeonghan.

“Hey!” shouted Seungcheol. “Be careful~” said Minghao as we exchanged goodbyes.

 

We rode the bus together to the Hospital.

That night… I dreamt that Jihoon disappeared after we tried it.

But…. I don’t know what happens next. That’s why I told him not to be greedy.

I was afraid that he’ll be gone.

“Jieun?” “Ah! Yeah?” I asked.

“You’re deep in thoughts… What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Nothing…” I said and smiled. “You don’t like me tagging along?” he asked.

“No… it’s not that. It’s just… I don’t know what to say to my grandma about you hehe” I laughed.

“Just say I’m your friend.” He said. “Oh yeah… right” I said.

We arrived at the hospital and we went to her ward.

“Hi Grandma~” I greeted her as she smiles back but her smile disappear after she saw Jihoon.

“Oh grandma! This is…”

 

“Jihoon?” she said. How did she know?

 

 

Jihoon POV

 

She knows me? Tears flowing slowly as she smiled at me.

I walk closer to her as she reached for my hand.

“You grew up.” She said.

“Grandma… How did you know Jihoon?” asked Jieun.

“Back then, you weren’t there yet. Suddenly a van stopped by our house. Sending a packaging for your grandpa. So I told them to put them at the other house, once they took it out from the van it was a person. It was you Jihoon…” she said.

I was completely shocked. I felt sad maybe it’s because I’m not the same age as Jieun?

“But what does grandpa got to do with Jihoon?” asked Jieun.

“Your grandpa came home from the overseas on 22 Nov 1996.” She said.

My birthdate?

“He wasn’t that shocked when he sees Jihoon in the house. I asked him but he said it’s his responsibility. Kind of like a duty that was passed to him” said Grandma.

I don’t get it.

“But how did you know my name?” I asked.

“Jieun’s grandpa told me your name was Jihoon.” She said.

“How did he know?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Grandpa’s work was a secret thing. I only knew that he worked under a science department but I don’t know what kind of work he does.” Said Grandma.

Science? Labs? Experiments? My dream.

“Don’t you have any photographs of him with his friends?” I asked.

“I think there is. But not in our house. I think it’s the other house.” Said Grandma.

“Grandma… How long Grandpa went to the overseas?” asked Jieun.

“Around 2 years?” she said. “2 years??” asked Jieun.

“He said he had a lot of work to do. I waited for him to come home.

Once he came back, it felt like time went faster. I gave him a lot of support to make Jihoon woke up but when it was time. It felt like the time stops.

At first I couldn’t accept it, that’s why I didn’t even went to that house. And I didn’t give any support to you Jieun.” She said.

“You were doing it all alone. Without my help or others.” She said.

“You succeeded.” Said Grandma.

Jieun cried as she hugged her grandma.

So…. What about me…? I went outside to get some fresh air. I couldn’t think of anything.

What should I do?

If Jieun’s grandpa knows my name that means he works with my dad at that time.

How on earth am I going to find my parents like this!

My head hurts.

I sat down at a bench outside and take a deep breath as I look at the sky.

Looks like it’s going to rain.

 

 

Jieun POV

 

Jihoon went out.

“Jieun-ah… You remember what grandpa said to you?” she asked.

Grandpa passed Jihoon to me. He wants me to take care of him.

“Yeah. Why?” I asked. “Take really good care of him” said Grandma.

I went out because it started to rain heavily. Where’d he go?

 

I borrowed one of the nurse’s umbrella and went outside.

I walked outside and saw Jihoon sitting on the bench drenched by the rain. I walk towards him and protected him from the rain using the umbrella. He opened his eyes slowly.

“Jihoon-ah… you’ll get a fever like this. Let’s get in” I said.

Honestly he looked really sad.

“I promised Grandpa to look after you. I will. I’ll help you.” I said.

He rested his head at my stomach while I was standing.

“Can we stay here for a bit? My head hurts and I want to hear the sound of the rain a bit more.” He said.

 

After grandma’s dinner, Jihoon changed his clothes and Grandma gave him some extra clothes that she had.

“You can come out now.” I shouted.

Jihoon came out from the bathroom wearing my grandma’s flower t shirt.

“Ahahahah you look gay~!” I laughed.

“Shut up! Grandma!” He shouted. “I think he looks cute” said Grandma.

“Gay. Jihoon is gay” I .

“Jieun-ah… I want to go to the bathroom. Can you help me?”

we helped grandma walked to the bathroom. “You don’t have to come in Jieun. I’m fine” she said.

 

I continued teasing Jihoon and he came towards me slowly till my back hit the wall.

“Do I look gay now?” he asked as he looked at me straight into my eyes.

“Aigoo” said grandma as she got out from the toilet. We helped her to get up on her bed and we went home by bus. What the heck was that?

So sudden. I looked at Jihoon and he caught me. “What?” he asked. “Nothing” I said and looked away.

A few minutes as we got home, all of them were having dinner.

“It’s about time you got back” said Wonwoo. “How’s grandma?” asked Sora.

“She’s okay~” I said. “So when are we going to start our mission?” asked Chan.

“You look fired up” said Jihoon. “Of course! we would do anything to help” said Chan and Jun.

 

 

Jihoon POV

 

They are helping me. I wish my friends are here.

Suddenly a knock from the door.

“Who’s that?” asked Minghao. “I don’t expect any visitors tonight” said Jieun.

I opened the door and it was.

“Jihoon-ah!!!” my friends shouted happily. “Huh? Who are they?” asked Soonyoung.

 

We let them came in and we sat in orders.

Jieun sat with her friends on the other couch while my friends and I sat at the other one.

“Kim Mingyu!” he raised his hand.

“Do you have any relationship with Jihoon? I’m asking you little hands” asked mingyu to Jieun.

“Little hands?” she then looked at me and looked away.

“I think so.” She said. “How far did you go? Did you go all the way?”asked mingyu

“Dude! What kind of question is that?” asked Soonyoung sigh heavily.

“Sorry for invading your house so sudden. Pardon me for Kim Mingyu’s weird behavior. But there’s one question I have to ask” he said.

“Sure” I said.

“Who’s shirt are you wearing?” asked Soonyoung with a straight face.

“You look gay” said Joshua he laughed.

“Seriously that’s the question?!” I asked. Man this is embarrassing.

“We were just kidding Jihoon. Okay… we need an explanation right now. Give us a good one so we can’t beat up Jihoon for skipping lectures and making us think a lot of methods to make sure he won’t be graded F in class” said Seungkwan.

“Okay… Jieun and I had a dream which is related. I’m not forcing you to believe us but I was from the past. I did told you guys about my dreams and how I kept on waking up so sudden. I actually dreamed about my past. My parents aren’t really my parents” I said.

“We know.” Said Vernon.

“We came to your house this morning. Your parents told us everything” said Seokmin hyung.

“That’s why we came here” said Mingyu. “To help you” said Soonyoung.

 

“Thank you…” I said.

“Now I will start, Dude! You barely called us and we had to do a lot of things just to cover you up!” said Joshua. “We even did cross dressing for you. We helped your shift with Seokmin hyung. Seriously” said Seungkwan. “Sorry” I laughed because it was funny.

Suddenly I started sneezing.

 

 

After all of that, we started socializing, they helped me bought some medicine and we all slept at the living room.

I didn’t sleep yet because I saw Jieun went to the kitchen.

“Jieun?” “Ah! You startled me” said Jieun. “Sorry” I said.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“I thought I should make you some ginger tea to cool down your fever” she said.

 

She was facing the counter so I hugged her from the back.

“Jihoon?” “Sorry… I just felt like it.” I said and I let her go.

Once the tea is done she gave it to me. “It’s weird.” I said.

“It’s ginger” she said. “Sorry.” I said.

“For what?” she asked.

“For hugging you so suddenly” I was blushing so I just look at the tea she made for me.

“Oh… um… it’s fine… I thought you need some affectionate so… It’s okay…” she said looking down.

 

“Stop right there!” shouted Seokmin who has a sleepwalking and talking habit.

“What’s with him?” asked Jieun. Then Seokmin hyung went back to sleep.

“He’s always like that. Don’t mind him” I said.

“Well… I think your fever is cooling down” She puts her hand on my forehead.

I felt it. My heart beating so fast.

Her hands are so soft and then she puts her hand away.

“Goodnight~” she said as she smiles and she went to the living room.

“That’s unfair.” I said. You make my heart beat fast.