Chapter 3¶

Searching...

Chapter 3¶

 

Jihoon POV

I went to class like usual, went to my part time work and having some time alone at the park. “Jihoon?” I turned around and saw one of our classmates.

“Heejin-ah… What brings you here?” I asked.

“I think I should ask you that question” she said. “I’ve always seen you sat here all alone. Are you bored?” she asked. “I just want some time alone that’s all…” I said.

“Oh…. I’m here because I live here in this area.” She said. “Ohh…” I replied since I’m awkward with girls… I didn’t know what to say. “Are you free this Saturday?” she asked.

“No” I replied. “There’s this event that I’m going to join, it calls all the artist to participate in the event. It’s like a contest and you’ll got the prize if the judges likes your painting” she said.

“Wow…. is it money? The prize?” I asked. “I heard it is” she said.

“Then, I’ll be there. But you have to text me the info’s” I said and smiled at her.

“It’s getting dark. You should go home” I said and she nodded after waving goodbye.

While walking on the way home I saw Jieun walking with a four eye glasses guy.

Are they dating?

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jieun POV

“You shouldn’t have took me home though. I’m fine” I said.

“A girl can’t walk alone in this area” said wonwoo. “Oh really?... Who says?” I said. “Jeon Wonwoo.” He said and laughed. “Thanks though… Is everything okay with your girlfriend?” I asked.

“Well…. It’s been a month since we talked. I don’t know. I called her but she said she was busy part timing. So I believed her” he said. “Isn’t she mad if she sees us like this?” I asked.

“That’ll be immature.” He said. “Well… here’s my stop.” I said.

“You should drink some warm water since it’s cold right now” he said.

“Okay, dad…” I laughed. “Bye” we exchanged goodbyes and he left. I went to the mailbox to take out my mails and saw Jihoon passed by.

I entered my apartment, washed up and collect my old clothes for charity event tomorrow.

I went to my closet and collect everything. There was this pajama that I had is so cute.

But it wouldn’t fit anymore. I found a picture of me in the pocket. It was torn a bit.

Hmmm… weird… I took it and put it in my English notes then continue folding the clothes.

Put it in a plastic bag.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

It was Saturday,

Every Saturday I will go to the orphanage to help the cook.

I struggled a bit carrying all the clothes. Suddenly it was lifted from my hands.

“JJan~” said wonwoo smiling. “Wonwoo-ya… why are you here?” I asked.

“I thought I should help you since I’m not busy” he said.

“You know you don’t have to” I said. “It’s fine.” He said.

We walked together till we reached our destination since the orphanage is right around the corner. We were greeted by the kids and we went to the kitchen.

“Jieun-ah~~ oh? Boyfriend?” asked Mrs Fei the cook.

“No… friends” I said. “Ah~ do you want to help us young man?” she asked.

“Oh I would love to. I’m Jeon Wonwoo by the way” he said.

“Just put the clothes in the store room. We’ll give it out around the afternoon” she said

“Okay” and he left. “He’s a really nice guy. You should date him” she said.

“No way he has a girlfriend.” I said. “Just a girlfriend not a wife” she said.

“Fresh buns here” shouted the delivery guy “Come in and put it on the table” she said and went to the sink.

“That’s quite a lot Mr. Do you want me to help?” I asked.

“Jieun?” he said. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Jihoon… Oh I didn’t know you delivered buns here” I said.
“I don’t. I fill up an acquaintance job for today because he’s off duty” he said.

“You worked hard though” I said. “You too” he said.

“Jieun-ah… what should I do?” asked wonwoo.

“Oh… let’s wake the kids upstairs.” I said “I’ll get going then. Bye” he said and left.

“Do you know him?” asked wonwoo.

“I think so… I felt like I’ve known him before.” I said “Why’d you say that?” he asked.

“I felt comfortable around him” I said and smiled.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

 

After I delivered everything. Finally my shift is done.

I went to the kitchen and went towards seokmin hyung.

“Hyung… Have you ever felt so comfortable to a person who you never even knew?” I asked. “No. It’s awkward. Why?” he asked.

“Well… I felt that these few days.” I said.

I went to the library to sleep since the dorm is a bit noisy.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

 

“Jihoon-ah… stay still and don’t touch these. You’ll be able to touch it once you’re older.” said an old man that I felt like I’ve known him.

I was around a lot of test tubes, machines and a lot of people wearing lab coats.

“Jihoon-ah, your mother will be late for a bit. We’ll eat outside” he said.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

 

“Student..” I heard a voice.

I opened my eyes and saw the librarian.

“The library is going to close for a few minutes” she said.

I went out and on the way home I passed by a park and saw Jieun near the fountain.

Unfortunately, my legs are moving by itself and I found myself standing behind her.

“Jihoon-ah?!” she jumped.

“How long have you been standing there?” she asked. “Oh… I.. just… got here” I said nervously. “Ah… what brings you here?” she asked.

“I just moved by myself.” I said. “Huh? Weird…” she said. It’s weird we didn’t felt awkward at all. We started chatting together while sitting in front of the fountain.

“Why are you majoring in instruments?” I asked. “Music speaks to me.” She said with a smile while playing the water.

“When I delivered music, it feels like I’m expressing myself but through music” she said.

“What about you?” she asked “Me?” I said.

“Yeah… Why’d you took the course?” She asked.

“I’m interested in arts when I was…" blank…. I can’t say it.

“I don’t know…” I said. I forgot why I took it. “Maybe I like it?” I said.

“That’s weird? Usually people boast about it. But you don’t know what to say…” she said.

“Jieun-ah… have we met before?” I asked. “I don’t know…” she said.

“well… it’s getting late. Let’s go home” I said.

 

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Jieun POV

 

We were walking at the same road. It wasn’t awkward but relaxing.

I look up the sky “Wow~ Look at those stars. Pretty” I said.

“Yeah… it is..” he said. “I think we’re here” he said. “How’d you know I live here?” I asked.

“I’ve seen you walk this road with your boyfriend yesterday” he said.

“Boyfriend? Oh… you mean Wonwoo the guy you met earlier this morning?” I asked and he nodded.

“He’s my highschool friend. We’re buddies” I said.

“Well… from the look of his eyes… I felt like he likes you” he said.

“Actually he did confessed to me in high school but I turned him off because I was waiting for someone else” I said. “Hmm? Who?” he asked

“I don’t know… At times I felt like he’s near. Weird huh?” I said.

“Well thanks for sending me back. I’ll get going now” I said and we exchanged goodbyes.

 

 

Jihoon POV

Looks like that wonwoo guy is trying hard to win her.

I went inside the dorm and they were all sleeping already.

Usually they’re active, I’m guessing they’re really tired. I washed my face and lie down. Jieun… Something about her is… kind of a mystery to me since her voice is the same voice in my

dream. There’s no way she’s the girl. I barely knew her.

I went to my table and looked at my sketching of the house in my dream. Is this house exist? Oh I forgot….

What’s with my dream… sudden test tubes and old guys wearing lab coats?

Mom texted me to eat plenty and drink a lot of water.

Dad send me some fish pictures that he caught today with his baseball players.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

 

“He’s dying….”

“What should we do?”
“The only way to keep him alive is freeze the time.”

“Don’t touch him!”

“Sir! We have to! He’s out of breath and he’s been there multiple times!”

“It’ll effect his future since he saw everything!”

“You’re wrong! We should try something else!”

“No! Sir! Don’t touch that!”

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

 

Blank.

Opened my eyes and I saw the ceiling.

What was that…

I packed my bags and stuff to sleepover at my parents’ house.

“Jihoon-ah~ where are you going?” asked soonyoung.

“Home… I have to find something” I said and left.

I went back home by surprise.

I got greeted by my parents and helped mom in the kitchen.

“I’m glad you’re here. It’s bored with just your father and I” said mom

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

“Mom… I have a question” I said. “Sure go ahead” she said. “Who am I?” I asked.

Mom stops what she was doing. “Jihoon-ah…” I looked at her.

“Why don’t you help your father pick up some fruit outside” she said. I went out and helped dad.

“Dad.... I have a question but you need to tell the truth” I said.

“Sure” he said. “Who am I? Why don’t I have pictures of me hanging when I was a baby? Where did I studied? Which kindergarten? My mind is blurry. I can’t think of anything.

I can’t remember anything. My memories are vague. Who am I?” I asked.

Dad stand up straight and smiled.

“You’re not my son”

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

I woke up.

“Jihoon-ah” sound of my mom’s voice from downstairs.

I fell asleep in my room. “Nae omma” I shouted. “It’s time for dinner~ Come down” she shouted.

I went downstairs and join them. “You must be so tired” said Dad.

“Well a bit…” I said.

“Mom… is there any picture album in the house?” I asked.

Mom was about to answer but dad answered instead.

“It’s in the lock room. The key is inside the drawer.” He said.

I finished eating and quickly went to the lock room. It was filled with books but photo books are on the shelves.

I flipped the whole page, there were my high school graduation, and university entrance photos.

That’s all. Mom and dad were standing in front of the door came closer to me.

“The truth is… you’re not ours.” Said dad. Mom was about to cry. I can see it in her eyes.

“Then whose son am I?” I asked.

“We don’t know that either” said dad.

“I found you alone in front of a house” said Mom.

“Then I took you home because there was no one there in the house” she said.

“Why didn’t you told me sooner?” I asked.

“ I wanted to but your dad want you to grew up a little more then we’ll tell you” she said.

“But it’s time actually” said Dad.

“Do you remember where’d you find me?” I asked and they nodded.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jieun POV

I went home after helping out at the orphanage.

Thanks to wonwoo I’m not that tired today. I didn’t even checked my phone today.

I turn on my phone and saw my grandma miss called me a few times.

I called her back and a nurse answered it.
“oh… is this Miss Jieun? Your grandmother is in the hospital due to diabetes” said the nurse

“Oh… well… I’ll be there tomorrow. Is she asleep?” I asked.

“Yes she is…” said the nurse.

“Thank you for the info though.” I said.

Looks like I’m going there tomorrow. Sorry guys I’ve to skip Monday classes.

I should type a letter and put it on my lecturer’s desk tomorrow.