Chapter 4µ

Searching...

Chapter 4µ

 

Jieun POV

 

I pulled the handle and it turned around as I close eyes.

I opened my eyes and I was on my bed looking at the ceiling.

A dream again?

I walked around my house, a lot of photos hanging.

I can’t remember when was it? Did I do all this stuff? Huh…

 


 

We’ve reached Jeju Island…

I opened my eyes. I got out from the plane, took my bag and find a taxi.

I’ve left a note in front of my door in case one of my friends are searching for me.

Grandma’s house is so far away. But close to the sea.

Around 30 minutes, I’ve arrived at her house.

I walked towards the door and as I expected the keys will always be inside a flower pot near the door. I entered and it was kind of the same after I left.

Nothing’s changed actually.

Back then I wasn’t a big fan of my grandma since she’s grumpy. That’s why I always hang out with my grandpa. I feel like I’m home and it’s like I’ve to be here. I put on some new clothes before going to the hospital. I asked the taxi driver to wait for me outside.

In this area there’s not much of a neighbor here. Whenever it rains, it’s the scariest. A lot of thunder’s and storms plus the strong wind. It’s good that grandma’s house is made from bricks. Or else a lot of repairing has to be done once the storm pass by again.

I arrived at the hospital, I got a message from the nurse that day grandma’s ward number. Lee Gukjae No17. I entered and I saw grandma eating porridge.

She greeted with her warm smile. “Grandma~” I hugged her and she hugged me back.

“Have you eaten yet?” she asked.

“Yeah I ate already. Grandma have you been eating a lot of sugar these days?” I asked. “Just a bit. I couldn’t help it” she said. “A bit?” I asked and she just laughed.

“How long will you be here?” “Well… only my blood pressure is high. Nothing critical.” She said. “You make me worried. So you’ll have to start dieting and exercising then” I said.

“I will… I want to live long” she said.

“Jieun-ah… I want you to take me for a walk outside.

I missed the breeze although it’s been just a day” she said.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

 

I went into the lab and look around whether there’s other people.

I pushed some buttons in the machine.

Pushed the buttons and I reached someone’s house.

It looks like an old guy’s house. The coffee on the table is still hot.

“Grandpa!” I heard a little kid’s voice and I hide under the table.

“Grandpa where are you?” the kid’s voice getting closer.

I held my breath for a minute

“Grandpa?” the kid looks under the table.

I pushed her out and I left.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

“Jihoon?”

I opened my eyes. My mom was standing in front of the door.

“Are you going there today?” she asked. I sat up and nodded.

“So you’re gonna skip lecture?” she asked. “Well I’ll send an email at my lecturer that I’m sick for

a few days.” I said. “You really are curious aren’t you?” she asked.

“Yes I am. I want to know myself.” I said. She then hugged me.

“But always remember that I’m your only mother.” She said and patted me at the back as she smiles. “Okay mom.” I said.

I packed my bags and send an email at my lecturer.

I won’t be attending class for a few days. It’s almost end of a semester so a lot of carnivals and festivals at the end of the month. I shouldn’t waste my time.

I brought my sketches so I can ask people there.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jieun POV

 

I got home after grandma finished her dinner.

She wants me to rest at home as it’s more comfortable.

I went outside to feel the breeze. I could see some stars clearly tonight. It’s so pretty and cold.

I checked my phone. A lot of missed calls and messages but I didn’t reply.

\I wanted to enjoy this moment away from everyone.

I switched on the TV and watched some old movies that my grandma and grandpa kept on the shelves.

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

It’s good that I brought extra money.

I booked a room in a motel nearby. I searched the place and asked people.

I guess they don’t know where area is this. Or maybe it’s around New Zealand or something I don’t know. I’m so tired. I can’t give up yet. Giving up is for losers.

I’m not a loser. Where is this spirit in me coming from? From myself or my genetics?

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

I sat on the table eating with completely strangers that I don’t know.

“Jihoon. How’s school?” he asked. “It was fun” I said.

“Did you make any friends?” she asked. “Yeah… a few” I said.

“Jihoon-ah. I’m going to bring you to work tomorrow since its Saturday” he said.

“Of course I’ll go!” excitedly.

“But don’t touch anything. You'll touch it when you're oldre like me" he said who is he?

my father?

 

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

I woke up and I can’t remember my own dream.

What did I dreamt again? It’s mysterious.

I was in town and exploring the place.

There was this antique shop right at the corner. Somehow it caught my eyes.

So I went towards it. “Welcome” I was greeted by a guy. “What are you searching for?” he asked. “Something that I’ve missed.” I said. “I wonder what it is?” he asked.

“Oh! Do you know about this puzzle?” I asked him and gave him that one piece of puzzle. He looked at it and looked at me. “Where did you find this?” I couldn’t answer it.

“Because this puzzle is from 1980. It’s the famous puzzle in that year. It’s from Britain actually” he said.

“Wow…. I don’t know about that. How’d you know about that?” I asked.

“Oh… back then my dad used to by this. That time I was around 12 years old. Kind of like if someone have this puzzle they considered as rich people. I’m kind of a rich people I admit” he said.

“Well thanks for the info.” I said and left.

 

1980 huh… You’re so old. I looked at the puzzle.

Well… it’s a new day and it’s time to do the mission again.

I asked a lot of people while walking.

Until I got in a flower shop and an old lady was there handling the flowers.

“How may I assist you young man?” she started introducing me a bunch of flower names

“Actually miss do you know where this is?” I asked her while holding the paper.

“Oh… if you found a beach, go to the end of its trail and you’ll find it” she said.

A beach? Well beach it is.

It took around 1 hour 30 minutes since I’m from town and heading to the beach.

I arrived and there were a lot of people. A lot of kids too.

Man… I should wear sunblock or something.

I walked, walked and walked.

And I didn’t see anything at the end of the trail but I saw a house up the hill…

Am I going up there now? It’s good that there are stairs.

This looks like someone’s house though. It’s not the house in my dream.

 

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jieun POV

I washed up after visiting grandma this morning.

I walked around the house and there was this painting hanging on the wall..

I take it down and there it was a map.

Grandma told me to do this so I just follow her.

I wonder where will it took me. Grandma said just follow the trails until it stops.

It started from the back door.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

I walked around the house and there were bushes at the back.

There were paths down at the grass as I followed through the bushes. And I saw it.

The house that I’ve dreamt. Weird why is it here?

Looks like something in a horror movie. I entered.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

Jieun POV

 

I followed the path and went through the bushes and there’s a house.

There’s a house here? Did grandma and grandpa lived in different houses?

I entered and it was like in my dream. The fact that some things are actually supposed to be there is actually there. A lot of screw’s and other hardware tools in the house.

The fact that the room is full of equipment but it’s already dusty.

It’s still in good shape though. Why did grandma want me to go here?

I went to the basement and there are so many junks down here.

Tables, chairs, tires and everything. There it is. It was closed by a white cloth.

Is it the public phone in my dream? I pulled it and it was the public phone in my dream.

I walked around it and stepped on something.

I take a look and it was a keychain.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jihoon POV

I got out from the house because I heard someone was coming.

It’s good there was a secret door that I can go through.

I’ve found it. Yeah! I cheered outside. I’ll come again tomorrow since it’s going to be dark soon.

I went to my motel room and put my bag on the table.

Okay…. My keychain isn’t here. That’s my lucky charm. Seriously… Where was it?

I searched around the room and outside hoping to find it.

Did I left it there?

 


 

Wonwoo POV

Jieun isn’t home. Sora said she went to Jeju because her grandma was sick.

The festival is around the corner. The music is going to be presented this week.

If she’s not there the lecturer will cut off her points. Should I go there?

“Wonwoo, what are you thinking?” asked sora while eating chicken. “I’m worried about Jieun” I said.

“Jieun is going to be fine” said seungcheol. “Yeah… she’s taking care of her grandma that’s all” said Jun. “It’s about the presentation” I said.

“We’ll cover her but the lecturer will still cut her points” said Jeonghan.

“Then let’s go to Jeju!” said Minghao. “For what?” asked Sora.

“Well… If you’re so worried wonwoo let’s go check on her and bring her here” said Minghao.