the holiday

without you to hold i'd be freezing

A/N: so after all the angst, i thought u deserve some long fluff, so this is 16k words of pure fluff. (almost, there is like 1% of angst lmao). anyway, yeah. thanks for waiting two whole weeks for me to update, i really appreciated every one of your coments and to be honest i even shed some tears bcs u all are so caring and so cute bless u all my dudez i love u so much <3. all the support u are gifting me with is keeping me so happy every day haha. but no really, i AM extremely grateful. getting this kind of feedback really shook me and even now i can't believe how nice u all are. 

THANKS FOR 11+ VIEWS AND 400+ SUBS jesus this si so amazing. i've never thought my fic would have so much recognition omg i could cry. (maybe i am but whatever) so, as a gift, i give u some little spoilers for the four-part fic i'm writing- it's gonna be neighbours au and it will be 50% angst and 50% fluff, kinda emotional rollecoaster but lol whatever right. baekhyun is gonna be real sweet in this believe me, and he will also own a bakery shop. you will most likely hate chanyeol a lot of times but i swear it's a happy end lol. This four-part fic is going to be something for u to read between the updates of my next fic (the mafia au chaptered one), and it's gonna be around 50k words. so yea lol. 

ANYWAYS i wanna warn u. the next chapter is gonna be heavy angst, and the next one too. so pls enjoy the fluff for now bcs for the next two chapters u are surely not going to get anything like that (there will be some fluff on the beginning of the next chap but that's all). while this chapter is all in pcy's pov, the next one is going to be bbh's pov to make it hurt more lol. 

sorry that this chapter took so long, but see. im clumsy as and during volleyball practice i kinda did something to my finger and now basically the bone of my middle finger is.. crushed. like, for real. lmao. and it hurts af so i couldnt write for two days, and mobile writing is slow af. so yes. 

ALSO, pls, if i don't update next week don't worry about me not continuing this fic. the schoolwork is gonna only get harder and my volleyball season is starting, so im gonna be plenty tired. the thing i'm saying - if i don't update next week, 100% i will update a week after that. this fic is my baby i'm not abandoning it or u, my dear readers. just saying this now so i don't have to make another annoucement. 

and now, i'm going to sleep bcs i have to wake up in three hours for my volleyball tournament (it's 3am here lmao what is sleep)

also bbh is singing I'm not okay by Jongdae in the car if u were wondering.

and to end the note - WHAT THE IS CHANBAEK DOING LATELY IRL. LIKE BOIIIIIIII THOSE ARE SOME SERIOUS MOMENTS WHO IS FREAKING OUT WITH ME

--

 

 

Knocking on Baekhyun's door with a piece of cake in his other hand, Chanyeol tries not to be so nervous about talking to Baekhyun. After the CEO made a deal with his father yesterday, he only thought about how will he tell Baekhyun about it. Yes, his father kind of gave him a permission to date Baekhyun which was a surprise itself, but Chanyeol doesn't think of it as a green light. For him, it's an orange light, saying that if he s up and public finds out about this relationship, it's gonna turn into a red light again, and if everything goes smooth and Chanyeol will be careful, just then it can become a green light.

But Chanyeol is more nervous about Baekhyun's reaction than of the possible alternatives of what will happen in the future. He is afraid to tell the brunet how it went with his father because he can't tell him that this deal was made after his father noticed that Chanyeol hesitated for a while. Sometimes, Chanyeol wonders if his father would fully agree with this relationship if he didn't hesitated back there but stood his ground. Guess he will never know now.

Baekhyun opens the door with a big smile on his face, already expecting Chanyeol to appear, since the CEO called him around lunch to tell him that he was going to stop by and talk about the news with his father, assuring Baekhyun it were good news when he heard Baekhyun's concerned voice. And as Chanyeol sees the beautiful man with even more beautiful smile in front of him, a bit of the fear that was making it hard to breathe disappears, replaced by a strong feeling of fondness. A fleeting thought about living with Baekhyun crosses his mind as he continues staring at Baekhyun without saying anything, imagine seeing Baekhyun like this every day as the brunet welcomes him home. The thought makes his heart scream for Baekhyun.

If Baekhyun notices how uneasy Chanyeol is, he doesn't mention it. He simply gently takes a hold of Chanyeol's free hand and pulls him inside, his slender fingers circling around Chanyeol's wrist. Chanyeol lets himself be pulled inside the small apartment, and the moment Baekhyun closes the door after them, he gives Chanyeol a welcoming kiss. He would be lying if he said that his mind didn't shut off the same second he felt Baekhyun's lips against his, all of his worries gone in a flash. Just a single kiss from Baekhyun makes him so much calmer. 

When the shorter male pulls away and gives Chanyeol a small smile, he finally greets him verbally too. "Hi," he says, his hand slipping from Chanyeol's wrist in order to intertwine their fingers. "How was your day?"

"Long... tiring," Chanyeol answers honestly, and he can't help but return Baekhyun's sweet smile. With Baekhyun, he simply isn't able to keep a straight face, especially not when Baekhyun is being like this. "But I'm glad I'm with you now."

Chanyeol truly isn't lying. No matter how nervous he is about spilling the details about the conversation with his father to Baekhyun and how afraid of Baekhyun's reaction he is, Chanyeol really couldn't wait until he meets the brunet. 

Baekhyun seems more than satisfied with Chanyeol's answer, his smile turning into a big grin. "Of course you are," he laughs a little and takes the cake out of Chanyeol's hand, "And you brought dinner."

"You haven't eaten yet?" Chanyeol asks, raising his eyebrows at Baekhyun. 

Shrugging his shoulders, Baekhyun says, "No, I wasn't hungry," which kind of frustrates Chanyeol. Baekhyun called him today to make sure the CEO eats and doesn't skip a meal before coming here late in the evening, but the brunet himself isn't listening to his own orders?

"Still, you can't just skip dinner," Chanyeol shakes his head and as Baekhyun goes to the kitchen and unwraps the cake, the taller follows him and leans against the counter right beside his lover. He watches as Baekhyun's pretty fingers work on unwrapping the cake, admiring them quietly. 

"I know what you're thinking," Baekhyun says, his voice light as if not eating wasn't an issue. Chanyeol thinks otherwise. "Besides, it's not like I'm skipping meals all the time. I'm just really not hungry," explaining himself, Baekhyun frees the cake and searches for a small spoon to eat it with. "Also I'm full since lunch, since one of my coworkers left me his lunch. What a blessing."

"You've skipped it two times now," Chanyeol points out.

"Are you worried about me that much? How cute."

"Of course I'm worried about you," Chanyeol says, frowning a little. "You need someone to take care of you because-"

"Yeah, okay. Come," cutting him off, Baekhyun tugs at Chanyeol's sleeve as he leaves the tiny kitchen, expecting Chanyeol to follow him again to the bedroom where Baekhyun flops himself on his side of the bed and starts eating the cake. Chanyeol tries not to get too happy about the fact that they already have their own sides of the bed when he follows Baekhyun's suit and sits next to his lover, back leaning against the wall and shoulder bumping into Baekhyun's. "Don't think I haven't noticed you being all nervous and . Instead of giving me a speech about my eating habits, why don't you tell me what got you so bothered?"  

Chanyeol doesn't remember Baekhyun being that perceptive. Maybe it's because he spends too much time with Chanyeol who is basically a mind reader. However, Chanyeol is surely not going to tell Baekhyun why he was so uneasy, knowing very well it would only damage their new relationship. Instead, he decides to just tell Baekhyun about the talk with his father while leaving out the part that could hurt the brunet.

"Just some stuff at work," Chanyeol lies. "Aren't you more curious about the talk?" 

It only takes a second for Baekhyun to answer, "It's not more important than the thing that made you so uneasy today. I care about you more," then, Baekhyun mocks, "the talk can wait."

At that moment Chanyeol feels extremely guilty about ever doubting their relationship. Baekhyun cares for him so much, even caring more about Chanyeol's well being than about the details of the conversation the CEO has had with his father yesterday. 

Baekhyun thought that he's not good enough for Chanyeol, but in reality, it's the opposite. Baekhyun is too good for him. 

"It's really nothing. Anyway," the CEO says, but before he can continue Baekhyun brings a piece of cake to his lips, urging him to have a taste too. Chanyeol complies because he can never say no to anything chocolate, and Baekhyun seems to be extremely satisfied. "My father said that he agrees with us being together."

"What?!" Baekhyun yelps and turns to Chanyeol with wide eyes and shocked expression, the spoon with a cake just a few centimeters away from his mouth as the brunet's whole body freezes.

"I said it was good news earlier, why are you so surprised?" Chanyeol chuckles upon seeing Baekhyun in such a great shock, but he can't really blame him. If he was in Baekhyun's shoes, he would be too shocked to even breathe. 

"B-But-... how did you do that?" breathing out, Baekhyun asks while still staring at Chanyeol in a complete disbelief. "It couldn't be that easy."

Chanyeol chuckles, and he wonders what would Baekhyun say if he knew that this stupid chuckle is hiding the guilt which is eating Chanyeol up. "It wasn't," Chanyeol agrees. "But I was fighting really hard, you know?" the taller's chuckle soon turns into a bittersweet smile as he watches Baekhyun's reaction. He was fighting hard the whole time, but still gave in in the end. Baekhyun doesn't need to know that, though. "And I made a deal with him."

Not letting a single second pass, Baekhyun asks right away. "What deal?"

"He agrees with us dating if we don't go public yet," Chanyeol answers, and his heart break a little when he sees a mix of emotions flashing in Baekhyun's pretty eyes. It's clear that while he's happy that he doesn't have to be afraid anymore, the idea of hiding doesn't sit right with Baekhyun. 

"Is that so?" the brunet says, finally putting the piece of cake into his mouth. The tone he uses makes it really easy to read what Baekhyun thinks, and Chanyeol is left wondering if things could have gone differently if he didn't hesitate back then again. Chanyeol would really like things to be different. He would love to show Baekhyun to the world, show their love to the world. But because of his mistake, he can't do that and has to keep Baekhyun as a secret. Which Baekhyun doesn't deserve at all.

"It won't be for long, I promise that-"

"It's alright," Baekhyun interrupts him, turning his head back to Chanyeol. As the CEO focuses on Baekhyun's strained smile though, he knows that it isn't alright at all. Before he can say something more, Baekhyun continues. "I understand," this phrase is something Chanyeol hates because Baekhyun always says this, thinking that he can cover up how much something is hurting him in reality. 

"Please don't be sad, Baekhyun. I can't take it," Chanyeol sighs, his clenching at the sight of Baekhyun's expression. However, Baekhyun doesn't let the sadness from having to stay hidden consume him entirely, and the brunet focuses on the good part of the news. 

Putting the plate with the unfinished cake on the bedside table, Baekhyun turns back to Chanyeol, cuddling to the taller's side as his smaller hands get a hold of Chanyeol's clenched fist. "It's really alright," he repeats, kissing Chanyeol's shoulder which positively sends Chanyeol's heart on fire. After the kiss, Baekhyun rests his head on Chanyeol's shoulder, a small smile appearing on his face. "Because I'm with you. That's enough for me." 

Chanyeol wants to cry at this moment, and he doesn't know if it's because of how sweet and understanding Baekhyun is or because of how stupid he was to ever doubt their love. However, he can't change anything now, and so he takes Baekhyun as an example and tries to focus on the good part of the deal. They might not be able to go public with what they have, but they still have each other. 

And that's enough. For now.

 

--

 

Chanyeol, for a moment, thinks that everything will be alright. After all, he told Baekhyun that as long as they aren't too couple-y and obvious in public, his father is more or less okay with their relationship. Chanyeol assured Baekhyun that no harm will come to him or to the people close to the brunet, but Baekhyun still seems somewhat wary and doubtful, asking Chanyeol if Chanyeol's father is truly okay with them being together every time they speak. 

Baekhyun maybe doesn't think that Chanyeol notices his worries, but the CEO does. It's easy to read Baekhyun, and Chanyeol can tell that the brunet is not his usual self even when Baekhyun tries to play it off with a smile and a few jokes. Knowing that Baekhyun is still afraid of Chanyeol's father hurts Chanyeol beyond belief because he feels like he can't do anything about it. Because really, what more can he do? They got - let's say - a green light from Chanyeol's father, but Baekhyun seems as stressed as before. 

Chanyeol truly thought that it's going to be okay. Baekhyun even looked really relieved when Chanyeol told him about the good news, saying that he doesn't care about not going public as long as they are together. Baekhyun said that being together is enough for him. Thinking about his lover's words more, maybe Baekhyun is still afraid because Chanyeol hasn't been there for him to give him the feeling of safety Baekhyun seems to need more than anything now. 

During the past week Chanyeol worked more than ever before. Aside from doing the necessary every day work, he looked into the contracts with sponsors, noting which ones would decide to annul the contract if Chanyeol went public with Baekhyun and which one would stay. He even asked Jongdae to look into how much money would they lost if some big sponsors left them, feeling stressed when he heard the number. It wasn't as bad as Chanyeol thought when he was in extremely pessimistic mood, but it wasn't the best either. 

It doesn't matter for now though. The thing that matters right now is that Chanyeol didn't spend almost any time with his lover for the past week, mostly only calling him that he either can't make it or just going straight to saying goodnight because he is too exhausted to talk. It isn't often that Chanyeol actually visits Baekhyun at home. Truth be told, Chanyeol only went to Baekhyun's place once this week. 

Honestly, he misses Baekhyun's presence very much. He misses the touches, hugs, kisses, and while he hears Baekhyun's voice every day through the phone, it isn't doing any justice to Baekhyun's voice in real life, which Chanyeol wants to hear so much. Really, hearing Baekhyun's voice after work and getting a welcome hug like a week ago when he visited Baekhyun is all Chanyeol truly needs to finally feel at ease after spending so much time in his office. 

And so, it shouldn't come as a surprise when Chanyeol phones Baekhyun on Friday morning on his way to work, putting Baekhyun on speaker while driving and asking, "Would you like to go on a short holiday with me?" 

"What?" is Baekhyun's immediate response, voice laced with confusion. There is some noise in the background for a while before Baekhyun speaks again. "I'm working though?"

"Not today. Tomorrow," Chanyeol says and stops on the red light, frowning a little. If he was just one second faster he could already have made it and wouldn't have to wait. "I would stay the night today and tomorrow we could leave around lunch, or whenever you want. And we would be back on Sunday evening."

"Oh, that's awesome. Where are we going?" Baekhyun asks in interest, and Chanyeol tries not to be too happy about the fact that Baekhyun agreed that easily. He thought that Baekhyun will ask him for some time to think about it, but Baekhyun only took a second before giving him a positive answer. 

"Well, my family has something like a house for holidays away from all the people," Chanyeol laughs a little at the image of their villa being the only thing in one kilometer radius. The previous owner sold it to Chanyeol's family for quite a low price because of this exact reason, not knowing that the Parks were, in fact, looking for something that is away from everything and everyone. If the man knew it before, he would most likely asked for more money. "And I was thinking we could go there."

"That'd be great," Baekhyun whispers dreamily, and Chanyeol can hear the smile in his heavenly voice. Before he knows it, there is a smile on Chanyeol's face too and his heart flutters. The things Byun Baekhyun does to him, really. "When will you come today?"

"Maybe around six? Seven? I'll go buy some food for us on the way, so," Chanyeol answers, finally moving as the red light changes into a green. He almost missed it while imagining how Baekhyun's face looks like now, wondering if his lover's expression mirrors his thrilled voice.

"You want to cook?" Baekhyun asks, letting out a chuckle.

"I'm not a bad cook, shut up. I've even watched a cooking show yesterday, it's going to be good," assuring him, Chanyeol turns left, already seeing the company building from the distance. "I want to try the new recipe I've seen  in TV."

"That's going to end horribly."

"You have so much faith in me, thank you," Chanyeol says sarcastically, with an overly sweet voice. He would be lying if he said the laughter he hears from the other side of the line doesn't put him in an extremely good mood. "Anyway, I have to go, I'm at work already. I'll see you today, okay?"

"Okay," Baekhyun agrees. 

"I love you. Bye," he says and wonders when it started to be so easy to say those words - the words he had never known a meaning of before Baekhyun came into his life.

Chanyeol's heart literally melts when Baekhyun replies with, "Love you too. Have a nice day," his voice soft and loving. Chanyeol already can't wait until he meets Baekhyun today, already counting down to the time he can finally leave work, go grocery shopping for their short holiday and crash at Baekhyun's place, falling asleep with the brunet in his arms. 

 

--

 

--From: Baekhyun
21:13
i wanted to wait fo u but i'm going to sleep bcs i'm tired af. (ᴗ˳ᴗ)zzZZ   the key is under the tile, u know which one (°◡°♡).:。 --

Chanyeol sighs deeply as he reads the message that Baekhyun sent to him an hour ago, cursing himself for falling asleep in his office even though he didn't mean to. He doesn't even know when he fell asleep, but it's clear that he must have at some point, since the last time he checked the time it was only six-thirty. 

Quickly, Chanyeol collected his things and threw then in his handbag, hurrying out of his office. He hasn't even been shopping yet, obviously, and while the CEO knows about a shop along the way that is open 24/7, he really just wants to go straight to Baekhyun's flat and continue sleeping there with his lover by his side. That's why, there's a fleeting thought that Chanyeol should ditch shopping with an excuse that he will go buy food with Baekhyun tomorrow before they take off. However, in the end Chanyeol decides to it up and stop at the grocery shop before he goes to Baekhyun's, not really wanting to waste time tomorrow because he would rather leave Seoul right after they wake up the next day, traveling straight to their destination without stopping anywhere else. 

As he leaves the company building, he says goodbye to the night guard, his steps quick as he moves toward the car. Honestly, not only his steps are quick, but every one of his actions - no kidding, Chanyeol has never started the car and took of so fast before, or even shopped for groceries so fast before. It all happens in a few short minutes, Chanyeol moving as if fire is burning under his feet. Even the cashier gives him a weird glance as Chanyeol practically runs through the alleys, throwing everything he deems needed for their holiday in the cart. The CEO guesses that the cashier is in the end of the day delighted that Chanyeol appeared because the man didn't even wait for a change leaving the shop. 

When he's done shopping he hurries back to the car and puts the two bags on the back seats carefully - he really doesn't want to break the eggs like last time when he was in hurry - and returns to the driver's seat, starting his car and leaving the small parking lot of the shop. Streets are far from empty even though it's late because it's Friday and it seems that a lot of people want to have fun even at this hour. Chanyeol can't blame them though, or even judge them. After all, he was one of these people some time ago too.

It only takes him ten short minutes before he parks the car in front of Baekhyun's apartment building, grabbing his handbag and two other bags full of food before he locks the car and starts walking toward the entrance door. With just a little of difficulty he types a sequence of numbers that unlocks the door into the small box and as the door opens and he walks into the building, Chanyeol is really glad that this building has installed this system because he would have to wake Baekhyun up with ringing the bell otherwise.

Before he knows it, Chanyeol is already standing in front of Baekhyun's apartment door, and he puts on of his bags down to uncover one of the many tiles that create the hall's floor, grabbing a key that was hiding underneath. While unlocking the door and opening it quietly, Chanyeol wonders where did the idea to hide a spare key under a tile came from. Did Baekhyun actually got the tile out some time ago in order to hide the key there? Or did he simply know that the tile can be removed? 

Whatever the reason is, Chanyeol simply lets it go as he kicks off his shoes and goes straight to the kitchen with his bags, steps as quick as before but much more quiet. After all, Baekhyun told him that he was tired, he wouldn't want to wake his lover up. And so, as quietly as he can, he pulls the food that needs to be kept in cold and puts it either in the fridge or freezer, shaking his head disapprovingly when he sees that Baekhyun's fridge would be almost completely empty if it wasn't for the stuff Chanyeol started putting inside just now. He makes a mental note to talk to Baekhyun about his eating habits tomorrow.

When he's done, Chanyeol takes his mobile out of his handbag and instead of turning on the lights, he lights his way up with his phone. Through the bedroom where Baekhyun is already sleeping peacefully, Chanyeol makes hi way to the bathroom to brush his teeth quickly and wash his face. It doesn't take too long and maybe two minutes later Chanyeol is out of the bathroom, stripping off from his clothes while walking toward the bed. He doesn't even care about his clothes being wrinkled the next day when Chanyeol simply leaves them lying on the floor, walking over to the bed to his side and hurrying to hide under the warm covers. April is a of a month and while it was hot as hell yesterday, it's cold again today, and Chanyeol feels the coldness on his skin immediately now that he's almost , the only piece of clothing he's sporting being his underwear.

Chanyeol reaches his arm out and wraps it around Baekhyun's waist, carefully moving closer until Baekhyun's back is pressed against his chest and his chin is resting comfortably on his lover's head. Upon feeling Baekhyun's warm body against his and can smell the sweet scent of almond hitting his nose, Chanyeol lets out a breath he didn't realize he was holding until now. Unconsciously, Chanyeol squeezes Baekhyun slightly, closing his eyes in content as he feels a wave of calmness hit him just like that. Baekhyun doesn't even stir in his hold despite his rather light sleep, and after a short while Chanyeol follows his lower into the dreamland easily, a small smile adoring  his lips. 

During the whole week he was stressed out of his life. But now, when he's holding Baekhyun in his arms tightly, all of that stress seems to be gone. 

 

--

 

Chanyeol doesn't have time to enjoy waking up next to his loved one like in the movies where they just lay in each other's embrace and relax, since he is woken up rather painfully by Baekhyun as the shorter male practically jumps on him the firs thing in the morning. "Chanyeol, wake up. It's already almost twelve, we should go, right?" the brunet asks as he hovers over Chanyeol who has his eyes barely open, still half asleep.

He wants to tell Baekhyun to let him sleep a bit more and that they still have plenty of time, but the moment his eyes focus on Baekhyun's face, excitement written all over the beautiful features, he not only doesn't say anything of what he's wanted to say, but he also forgets how to speak as a whole. He just continues staring at Baekhyun's face while the other is still stradling him, hands put on both sides next to Chanyeol's head. Only yesterday has Chanyeol thought of how amazing it would be to fall asleep next to Baekhyun and wake up beside him, the brunet's face being the first thing he sees in the morning, and now it's happening. And he couldn't be happier. Baekhyun's smile is so pretty and his eyes are shining so brightly that if Chanyeol was about to die a second later, he would be completely okay with it as long as Baekhyun's smiley face is the last thing he sees. 

"Sorry for not coming sooner yesterday," Chanyeol says as he brings his hand up an places is on the crook of Baekhyun's neck, rubbing his thumb into the skin tenderly. "I fell asleep in the office."

"It's okay, really. Usually I would have waited for you but yesterday was a real killer for me, I got extremely sleep when I came home," Baekhyun waves it off, lowering himself to place a soft kiss on Chanyeol's lips. As the brunet does so, Chanyeol can feel his whole body relaxing, enjoying the feel of Baekhyun's lips on his after four days of separation. Sadly, Baekhyun pulls away shortly after, his bright grin changing into a gentler smile. "Let's go, I really want to leave already," his lover says, brown locks tingling Chanyeol's forehead. "I'm already packed."

"You're rather enthusiastic about this trip," Chanyeol comments, his hand moving from the crook of Baekhyun's neck further down until it stops on the brunet's lower back. Baekhyun laughs a little, his body shaking slightly in the process, and a few months ago Chanyeol would have already had naughty thoughts if someone was stirring while stradling his hips like that, but in the present time with when the person stradling his hips is Baekhyun, Chanyeol just wants to wrap his arms around the man's body and bring him closer, preferably hold him in his embrace forever. He doesn't have even a fleeting thought about doing something rated with Baekhyun right now even though he would be lying if he said he wasn't thinking of their first time together many times before when he was lonely the past week in his bedroom. 

"Of course I am," Baekhyun whispers against the CEO's lips. "I haven't seen you more than once for a week."

The I missed you goes unsaid, but Chanyeol understands perfectly. After all, he feels the same.

Reaching for Baekhyun's cheek with his other hand, Chanyeol caresses the smooth skin with his fingertips, eyes locked with Baekhyun's the whole time. Baekhyun always tells him that he likes Chanyeol's eyes very much, saying that the shape of them is truly beautiful, but as Chanyeol is looking into those small, droopy eyes that belong to his lover, Chanyeol would say that the brunet's eyes are way more beautiful. 

"I missed you too," Chanyeol says as he kisses Baekhyun again, catching the brunet's lips and feeling like he's on the cloud nine when Baekhyun immediately kisses him back, moving slowly and tenderly against Chanyeol's lips. While Chanyeol is almost and Baekhyun is wearing only his underwear and Chanyeol's large shirt, the two of them clinging to each other for life, the whole kiss is innocent and tender, making Chanyeol's heart scream in love and fondness for the other male. 

For a second, he wonders why Baekhyun's not minding Chanyeol's morning breath as they kiss. It seems that Baekhyun has already brushed his teeth while Chanyeol was still sleeping, and he still kisses Chanyeol who has last seen his toothbrush a few hours ago. However, if he were in Baekhyun's shoes he would most likely kiss the life out of Baekhyun too, brushed teeth or not. 

"We should," Baekhyun says between the kisses, "get going. I really want to go," pulling away slightly, Baekhyun smiles down at Chanyeol, showing off his pearly whites. "I need a break from this life."

"Something bad happened?" Chanyeol questions, playing with Baekhyun's hair, worrying immediately. He knows that now when Baekhyun is working at the restaurant as a full-time employee, he must work with the coworkers he always mentions more, and he swears that if they are giving Baekhyun trouble he will kick their asses personally.

Baekhyun shakes his head with a smile still adoring Baekhyun's face, but the smile looks kind of strained to Chanyeol. "No, nothing. I just want to spend some quality time with you," Baekhyun tries to brush off Chanyeol's worries, but the CEO just narrows his eyes at him suspiciously. Sensing that his lie is about to be found out, Baekhyun pulls away from Chanyeol, slapping the taller's bare chest slightly and saying, "Move your already. I swear you are so lazy sometimes."

"As if you're not," Chanyeol grumbles and attempts to pull Baekhyun back to bed, but the brunet is quicker and jumps of the bed with a laugh, mocking Chanyeol for not being fast enough. Chanyeol pouts and lets out a quiet, "Oh, come on."

"No, you come on. Wasn't it your idea in the first place, lazy ?" Baekhyun asks, grinning at him. He looks like he is so proud of himself for giving Chanyeol a new nickname, and Chanyeol would gladly tell him that he isn't affected in any way because of it, but Baekhyun simply looks too cute for his own good so Chanyeol lets him be.

Instead of more arguing and pouting, Chanyeol gets out the bed with a deep sigh, aiming for the bathroom to brush his teeth while Baekhyun disappears into the living room to check if he really packed everything essential. He brushes his teeth quickly, not wanting to make Baekhyun wait any longer after seeing how hyped his lover is for their weekend holiday. However, when he walks out of the bathroom with his face washed and teeth brushed, his eyes fall on the clock on the wall he hasn't noticed before. Immediately, Chanyeol calls out Baekhyun's name to which the brunet responds with a fake-innocent yes? as his head pokes from the other room.

"It's not even ten. You said it was almost twelve," he says, looking at Baekhyun with expectation. He expects Baekhyun to look at least a little guilty, but his lover just grins at him and looks away shyly.

Clearing his throat, Baekhyun responds, "I really wanted to go already," but when Chanyeol rises his eyebrows at him, demanding more, Baekhyun finally starts looking at least the slightest bit guilty when he apologizes, "Sorry, I shouldn't have lied."

Chanyeol wants to be angry, or at least look angry, because he really doesn't like when people lie to hi, even about the small stupid things, but... this is Baekhyun. And he really can't bring himself to hold a grudge because his boyfriend is just too cute for his own good. Oh god, he is so whipped.

"It's alright," Chanyeol sighs. "But since it's only nine-fifty, I'm going to take a quick shower."

"Noooooo," Baekhyun whines, reminding Chanyeol of a young child that has to go home from a playground. It's so, so cute that Chanyeol almost gives in and ditched the shower for Baekhyun's sake. 

But then, "It's a payback for lying to me. it up."

"You're the worst," Baekhyun pouts, thinking that maybe he can still make Chanyeol decide that they should just go now and not waste any more time, but Chanyeol just smirks at him, leaning against the bathroom's door frame.

"Not only the height of a child but also the behavior. Baekhyun, you-"

"You didn't just say that," Baekhyun cuts him in, frowning dangerously. Before Chanyeol can say anything more, Baekhyun takes a step toward him, saying, "Do you want to test my strength also? Because I'm about the punch you so hard right now, just come here-" but Baekhyun doesn't reach him, Chanyeol laughing loudly as he quickly steps into the bathroom and closes the door, locking it from inside. "Open up! Or are you afraid of a child's strength?" 

"Not really, I just need the shower," Chanyeol laughs, amused not only by Baekhyun's words but also the loud thumping as Baekhyun continues punching the door as if they were about to open if he does so. "You should let me shower if you want to leave early, you know?"

" you!" Baekhyun hisses, and Chanyeol laughs even more. "You are such a child, oh my god."

Accompanied with Baekhyun's string of curses and threats, Chanyeol strips off of his underwear, throwing it into the laundry during his walk to the shower.

What a beautiful morning, Chanyeol thinks happily as he turns on the water, Baekhyun's curses still heard in the background.  

 

--

 

Baekhyun does indeed show him his strength a few minutes later, punching Chanyeol's shoulder right after the CEO walks out of the shower, muttering an, "," for good measure before throwing one of Chanyeol's boxers right into the taller's face, knowing that his stupid lover didn't bring any underwear to change into to the bathroom, too busy escaping Baekhyun's wrath earlier. Chanyeol, even though his arm hurts a little from the blow, grins at his cute boyfriend who storms out of the bedroom quickly. 

After Chanyeol gets dressed they are finally ready to leave, the CEO saying that he isn't in a need of breakfast so it's okay to leave without it. Baekhyun makes him promise that he will eat right after they get to their destination, but when he says that he will eat with Chanyeol after they get to the holiday house as well, Chanyeol stops him immediately, giving him a lecture about eating properly while they take the things to the car. "You are almost like my grandma," Baekhyun utters under his breath, but Chanyeol doesn't stop, pestering Baekhyun about the subject some more. 

When they are finally all settled, seatbelts on and the things they packed in the back of the car, Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun while starting the car. "Ready to go?" he asks, smirking when Baekhyun just grumbles, still not happy with Chanyeol giving him lecture about his eating habits. Soon though, Baekhyun's true emotions betray him and the corner of his lips are tugged up in a grin. 

"Just let's go already," he says, and Chanyeol doesn't waste any time as he takes off.

The ride starts of wild. As soon as they are just one minute in, Baekhyun plugs in his phone and starts choosing songs to play, repeating what happened the last time they went somewhere with the car. However now there is only Baekhyun singing his lungs out during every song that comes on instead of Jongdae and Sehun joining him. Most drivers would find it kind of distracting or even irritating if someone was making so much noise while they are driving, but Chanyeol honestly loves Baekhyun singing beside him and demonstrating some of the dance moves he has seen in performances. He even laughs many times when Baekhyun starts throwing his hands around frantically in order to enjoy the music to the core. It's refreshing indeed, to have someone like that beside him, singing and cracking jokes all the time. Clearly, Baekhyun is truly extremely excited to leave the town for the trip with Chanyeol for the weekend. 

After ten songs though, Chanyeol hears Baekhyun's stomach grumble loudly while there is a silence between the songs, and the CEO doesn't wait a second before saying, "Get something to eat. There are two sandwiches in the bag, eat one. Or both."

"Chanyeol," Bakehyun whines. "I can't sing with my mouth full."

"Even the star has to take a break. Come on, eat," Chanyeol urges him, flicking Baekhyun's thigh when Baekhyun doesn't make any move toward the bag full of food that is lying on the backseat, instead acting as if he didn't hear Chanyeol, looking through his playlist for the next song. "Baekhyun," he sighs deeply, glancing at Baekhyun momentarily. "Eat."

"Oh my god, you really are like my grandma," rolling his eyes, Baekhyun finally listens to Chanyeol and unfastens his seatbelt, reaching for the bag and searching for the said sandwich in it. Chanyeol is left satisfied, a grin playing on his lips as Baekhyun sits back to his seat properly with a sandwich in his hands, putting the seatbelt on again. 

"Wasn't that hard, was it?" 

"Shut up," Baekhyun mutter right away, unwrapping his sandwich. His grumpiness only makes Chanyeol laugh. Who would have known that Baekhyun is such a child. 

Baekhyun takes his phone in his hand while eating, continuing looking through his playlist to find the right song to play, and Chanyeol would be lying if he said that the song playing is as good without Baekhyun singing along to it as it is with him. However, he doesn't say anything about it, knowing that if Baekhyun knew he would ditch eating and gift Chanyeol's ears with his voice yet again. 

While Baekhyun's eating, Chanyeol starts talking about everything that has happened during the past week, since they haven't really had time to talk for the last seven days. He tells Baekhyun about how the annoying client from last year is coming back and that everyone is prying that there won't be any problems this time, pouring his heart out as he curses the client upon remembering the trouble everyone went through because of him the last time. He also tells Baekhyun about how Jongdae is preparing himself to finally - finally - confess to Minseok, which positively catches Baekhyun's interest. Then, he talks about how he almost fell down the stairs while leaving the company building yesterday, getting a round of laughs from Baekhyun, accompanied by you're so clumsy wow. 

Just when Baekhyun is done eating, a rather slow song starts playing because of the shuffle Baekhyun has set on his playlist, and the brunet immediately reaches for his phone to change the song. However, Chanyeol's voice stops him from doing so. "Don't. I really like this song."

"But it's sad..." Baekhyun says. There is something in his voice that makes Chanyeol look at him, scanning the beautiful face beside him to find any answers. Baekhyun just keeps looking at his phone, lips in a thin line. 

"Doesn't matter though, it's really nice," Chanyeol shrugs. "But if you don't want to-"

"No, no. If you like, let's just play it," Baekhyun cuts him off, continuing the song as he leans back against his seat. Chanyeol thanks Baekhyun with a smile, and before he knows it, he can hear Baekhyun mumbling the lyrics, singing quietly with the singer. Chanyeol likes the song, but he has never bothered to learn all of the lyrics. Baekhyun seems to know it all, though. It makes his heart clutch painfully, since it means that Baekhyun used to listen to it a lot, since he knows lyrics by heart. It's a really sad song, Chanyeol thinks. 

The singer is singing about how he is not okay even though he's smiling, making people around him think that he is alright while he's breaking inside, already on the verge of crying. Chanyeol doesn't like the image of Baekyun feeling like this, but it truly fits Baekhyun's behavior from months ago. 

He wants to ask about it, but before he can do that, Baekhyun starts singling louder, shutting Chanyeol's mouth without really aiming for it. It's just that... Baekhyun's singing voice is beautiful, and while Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun can sing, this is just... too much. He sings beautifully, his voice carrying the notes perfectly. And so, Chanyeol doesn't say anything, just listens. 

When the chorus comes, Chanyeol is surprised to hear Baekhyun hitting the high notes along with the singer so perfectly, and momentarily he just wants to stop the car and turn all of his attention solely to Baekhyun, but it's not really an option on a highway. With heavy heart, he keeps listening to Baekhyun's beautiful voice, wondering if Baekhyun was really this miserable before they have met. A sad, broken man who was hiding everything so he could make everyone else happy with his beautiful smile. 

When the song is finished, they are both quiet, another much happier song playing in the background because of the shuffle, and Chanyeol only realizes that there are stray tears on his cheeks when Baekhyun points it out with a laugh. "I told you it was a sad song, you emotional mess."

Baekhyun's voice sounds completely different now, his honest laughter filling the car along with the light tone while the brunet is speaking. It's fascinating for Chanyeol, given how full of emotion it was just a second ago when he was singing, full of hurt and pain. 

"Guess it is," Chanyeol tries to play it off, not wanting to say that he was thinking about how much Baekhyun was through while the brunet was singing his heart out. A rather fake laugh escapes Chanyeol's lips, and he continues joking to let his sadness go away. This is not the place or time to be sad. "You like them emotional? Did I impress you?"

"We're dating. You must have impressed me somehow, right?" Baekhyun jokes back, going back to choosing the next song as if he didn't just lay his heart out for Chanyeol to see with the song.

"Good to know."

There are tons of questions on Chanyeol's mind right now just because of this single song, one of them being was Baekhyun aiming to be an idol before he left university? Chanyeol already knows that Baekhyun's major had something to do with singing thanks to Jongin who mentioned it to him some times ago, along with a warning. Don't ask Baekhyun about it, the dancer added, and while it was bugging Chanyeol months ago, he kind of forgot about it. Now though, when he heard Baekhyun's beautiful voice, he isn't sure he can forget about it. 

However, he isn't stupid enough to ask about it now, when Baekhyun seems to be in a good mood. He should wait for the right moment. 

As Baekhyun starts screaming the lyrics of BTS' Fire, Chanyeol makes himself push the questions to the back of his head.

"Anyway, you didn't pack anything, right? Do you have clothes there?" Baekhyun asks a minute later.

"Oh, yeah. I used to go there a lot," Chanyeol smiles brightly, remembering all the times he's been to the holiday house. Honestly, he likes it so much that while he was still attending school, Chanyeol went there every holiday, dragging Jongdae along with him. This could easily be his second home. 

Well, not anymore, since he has too much work to just go there and rest anytime he wants. Still, he truly loves going there every time there is a chance. 

 

--

 

They arrive around twelve-thirty, Chanyeol already dying of hunger. 

"And you kept giving me lectures about eating, seriously," Baekhyun says right away as Chanyeol opens the door to the mansion, bringing the bags with food to the kitchen after kicking his shoes off.  Baekhyun might be mocking him now, but Chanyeol can see that he is more interested in the house than in lecturing Chanyeol.

When they were nearing the house, Baekhyun's mouth was hanging open as he was eyeing the large villa built in the middle of nothing. He kept saying how big it is and demanded to know how much it had cost, screaming what when he found out about the price, and as they stepped into the car Baekhyun just stood there, looking at the huge house with wide eyes, saying that it looks more like an hotel than someone's summer house. Chanyeol swears that Baekhyun even died a little when he saw the large pool on one side of the house. 

His excitement and awe is still here, if Baekhyun's expression is anything to go by. "It's so ing beautiful!" Baekhyun keeps saying while looking around himself as he follows Chanyeol into the kitchen. Chanyeol just nods at every exclamation Baekhyun makes, knowing very well that the villa is beautiful. Not like he's being a snob, it's just that even Chanyeol likes it very much. He truly likes it even more than the house he's living in with his parents, since this looks more homey than Chanyeol's actual home. 

"Do you want something to eat too?" Chanyeol asks while unpacking the bags and putting things either in the fridge, freezer or putting them in the cabinets. Baekhyun shakes his head no, not even paying attention to Chanyeol fully as he walks around the kitchen, admiring the design. He doesn't blame Baekhyun, Chanyeol himself was rather in awe when he first stepped in here years ago. 

"Are you sure?" Chanyeol questions, not wanting Baekhyun to be hungry, but the brunet repeats his answer, instead asking a question on his own.

"Can I like... look around the house?" Baekhyun asks hesitantly, and Chanyeol just shrugs, saying if you wanna. Baekhyun nods his head eagerly in a yes, and Chanyeol only tells him which room of the house belongs to his parents. It's not that he is forbidding Baekhyun to go there, he just feels like he should tell him for some reason. 

In the next second, Baekhyun is gone and aside from hearing Baekhyun's screaming about how amazing everything is from the other side or floor of the house, there is not a trace of Baekhyun as Chanyeol sits down to eat his sandwich. He chuckles from time to time when he hears Baekhyun's exclamation, enjoying the brunet's excitement to the fullest. Honestly, he is so happy that Baekhyun likes it here that he could die from it. He has only taken Jongdae here before, but he wasn't nervous about it all, knowing Jongdae has a holiday villa like that too. However, with Baekhyun it's completely different. Since Chanyeol likes this house a lot more, this is like showing his lover a piece of his heart. He would be most likely destroyed if Baekhyun didn't like it. 

When Chanyeol is done with eating, Baekhyun is still not back. Gulping down the last bites of the sandwich, Chanyeol stands up and decides to look for his lover. Gods must really feel like doing Chanyeol favors today because he finds Baekhyun in the first guest room on the first floor, the brunet just sitting in front of a large window. The large window that create a wall in almost every room are truly a blessing, Chanyeol thinks. It has always been the thing he has loved the most about this house.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asks lightly, but doesn't waste a second before sitting down on the floor next to Baekhyun as if there wasn't a nice bed to sit on instead.

"Just looking," Baekhyun answers. "Is it only forest around here, or?"

Chanyeol leans against the bed, humming. "It is. The signal isn't the best because of it though," Chanyeol says, remembering why they stopped coming here as a family years ago. His father was always a busy man, and his mother too. There wasn't really time for family holidays at a place where there isn't a good signal. After Chanyeol asked why they even bought the house in the first place if they don't want to come here, they said it's more of a gift to Chanyeol than a family house to spend holidays at. 

"But," Chanyeol starts. "When we were younger, me and Jongdae used to walk around the forest a lot and one time we went so far that we reached a cliff at the end of the forest. The view is truly nice, since the cliff is pretty high."

Not a second passes before Baekhyun snaps his head to Chanyeol, looking him dead in the eyes as he excitedly says, "Let's go there!"

"Hell no," Chanyeol shakes his head, laughing when Baekhyun's expression changes immediately. "It's an hour away. That's too far. I'm not so young anymore," Chanyeol jokes, but there is some truth in his words. He may not be that old, but he truly is too lazy to walk around the forest for one hour. 

"What are you then? Some old fart?" Baekhyun narrows his eyes at Chanyeol, kicking his lover's shin lightly. "Come on, it's going to be fun. You said the view is nice."

"Do you even have shoes for that?" Chanyeol questions, and he raises his eyebrows at Baekhyun when the brunet keeps quiet, looking somewhere behind Chanyeol while trying to remember if he packed some shoes that he could take to forest or not, or if he only has the ones that he came here in and his dear flipflops. 

After a little thinking, Baekhyun lets out a deep sigh, turning back to the window with a pout and a frown. "I don't," he mutters, sinking further into the floor. 

"See? That's destiny telling you not to do something."

"You are so stupid," Baekhyun elbows him, clearly not amused by Chanyeol's comment. If Chanyeol wanted he could make more of Baekhyun because he truly loves teasing his lover, but seeing the sincere disappointment on Baekhyun's features, Chanyeol can't bring himself to do it.

Instead, he says, "If you really want to go, I can get you my father's old shoes. He accidentally bought a small size so he never wore them again." Honestly, Chanyeol really doesn't want to go. He had enough errands to run thorough the week and all he wanted was to take Bakehyun to bed or to pool and just relax with him by his side. However, for him, what Baekhyun wants will always come first and seeing how much Baekhyun wants to go, Chanyeol truly can't refuse to take him to the cliff. After all, he wants Baekhyun to enjoy the short holiday. And while Chanyeol is going to keep whining about having to walk quite a distance to get to the cliff, he will surely enjoy it if he's with Baekhyun. 

"Really?" Baekhyun turns back to him, eyes wide and sparkling. 

"Yeah, they should be your size," Chanyeol nods. "Because, you know, for someone so short you truly have large feet."

"Almost as large as your ears, but not quite so," Baekhyun counters, and Chanyeol scoffs immediately while Baekhyun laughs after not hearing any comeback from his tall boyfriend. "Nothing can ever be as big as your ears."

Baekhyun has been so cute and clingy for some time now, Chanyeol dared to forget about his feisty and overly sassy self, but now he is easily reminded that one should not mess with Byun Baekhyun for that he will be dissed back right after, ego brunt in the process. "Stop joking about my ears."

"Oh, are we self-conscious now?" Baekhyun laughs and Chanyeol expects another diss to fall out of Baekhyun's mouth, although he is left surprised when Baekhyun leans in and presses his lips softy against Chanyeol's ear, giving it a small peck. "Don't worry, I love your large ears," he whispers. "Believe it or not, they are somehow making you more attractive," and before Chanyeol can grab Baekhyun and kiss the life out of him for the compliments, Baekhyun stands up, almost kicking Chanyeol with his knee in the process. "Anyway, I'm going to change clothes. Fetch me the shoes, Yoda!" 

"ing Jongdae," Chanyeol mutters under his breath, knowing that the nickname Baekhyun has used for him comes originally from Jongdae's mouth because his friend is the only one who dares to make fun of Chanyeol's ears. 

 

--

 

As Chanyeol expected, the walk takes a long while, but he finds not minding it at all as his hand is holding onto Baekhyun's, the two of them talking about their school days after Chanyeol mentioned that him and Jongdae were spending almost every holiday at this place. Chanyeol listens carefully to everything Baekhyun says, eating up every single detail of Baekhyun's childhood. He already knows about Baekhyun's pains and worries from the time when he was getting together with Baekhyun, but the brunet never really talked about how he was when he was a child or how much trouble he had caused during his highschool days. 

Chanyeol isn't even surprised when he hears about Baekhyun getting detention almost every day because he was a really mouthy and outgoing kid. He laughs a lot while listening to Baekhyun's stories, adding some of his own along the way. However, he keeps quiet most of the time, enjoying Baekhyun telling him about his teenage life. He notices that everything Baekhyun says had happened before the brunet's parents passed away, and it's clear that Baekhyhun truly doesn't want to talk about them at all, only wanting to talk about good memories now. 

Before Chanyeol can start whining that he doesn't want to keep walking anymore, they are at the cliff they were aiming for, Baekhyun's mouth hanging open upon seeing the beautiful sight in front of him. "It's much more prettier when the sun is setting, but guess who couldn't wait til evening," Chanyeol chuckles, giving amazed Baekhyun a small nudge to which Baekhyun responds with a nudge of his own. 

"I'd be too lazy to go there at that time," Baekhyun admits, smiling sheepishly as he sits down on the grass and tugs Chanyeol down with him. "It's still amazing, though."

As Chanyeol sits down on the grass next to Baekhyun, hands still clasped together in a gentle hold, and looks ahead of himself, feeling quite nostalgic while staring into the distance. It's really nice, seeing the forest continuing down there, a clearing seen far away where the forest ends. Many people would say that it's nothing special, but Chanyeol truly likes it, the simplicity of it. 

Craning his neck to look at Baekhyun, Chanyeol guesses that Baekhyun likes it a lot too, judging by the way his lips are tuned into a smile and eyes shining, grip on Chanyeol's hand not being any less tight than before. Now when he's here with Baekhyun, he can't even focus on the sight of the nature under them. He can only focus on Baekhyun because the brunet is much more beautiful. 

"Thank you," Baekhyun says just as Chanyeol scolds himself for his cheesy thought in his head. With just two words, Baekhyun has his full attention. As if he didn't have it before. "For taking me here. Not only here, but with you for the trip."

"I wouldn't want to go without you," Chanyeol replies honestly, rubbing Baekhyun's soft hand with his thumb. 

"You are so cheesy, wow," after mocking Chanyeol Baekhyun laughs, but the blush on his cheeks is saying Chanyeol that even though the brunet doesn't say it, he enjoys Chanyeol saying cheesy things. Then, Baekhyun leans his head on Chanyeol's shoulder, hair tingling the CEO's cheek. "And you whine a lot too, but I will still keep you because you're amazing to make fun of," Baekhyun's words are harsh, but Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun doesn't mean it in a bad way, the light tone of his voice making it obvious. Baekhyun is just teasing him, as so many times before.

"Well, I will keep you too because it's not every day you get a chance to date such a midget," Chanyeol gives Baekhyun a jab on his own, and he feels like his ears are blessed when Baekhyun lets out a soft laugh, breath hot against Chanyeol's skin. 

They stay in silence for a while, just watching the sight in front of them in the other's company without the need to have a conversation that would fill the quietness. That is, until the sky starts to get darker every minute, grey clouds hiding the sun behind them. It looks like it could start raining in the near future, and Chanyeol truly doesn't want to get caught in a storm, so he is the first one to pierce the silence. "We should get going."

"Let's take a photo before we go," Baekhyun says in a reply, fishing Chanyeol's phone out of the taller's pocket, wanting to use the CEO's phone because he has forgotten his own in the house. "You should do it, your arms are longer."

However, being tall doesn't always mean one can take a photo, and Chanyeol is a living proof, making Baekhyun miserable when the photos come out blurry. "You are unbelievable," the brunet mumbles and takes the phone out of Chanyeol's hand, urging Chanyeol to bend down a little. With a what should be consider a funny comment about their height difference, Chanyeol does as he is told to, bending down until he is as tall - short - as Baekhyun.

The picture is taken perfectly on the first try, their faces smashes together as the two of them smile into the camera. Then, when their photo is taken, Baekhyun moves closer to the cliff, almost giving Chanyeol a heart attack when he fakes that he tripped. "Calm down, I'm not as clumsy as you," Baekhyun tells him with a smirk that soon turns into a grin as the brunet takes a photo of himself with the beautiful background, explaining, "I want to send something to my grandma later without her teasing me that I'm here with you."

"Does she tease you about me a lot?" Chanyeol asks as he takes Baekhyun's hand in his again, taking slow steps as they start to walk back. Baekhyun puts Chanyeol's iPhone back into the taller's pocket, nodding.

"All the time, actually," Baekhyun admits with a small smile on his lips.

"I like her then."

After a beat of silence, Baekhyun mutters. "She likes you a lot too."

 

--

 

It's only ten minutes later that Baekhyun starts shivering a little, and Chanyeol doesn't wait a second before taking off his hoodie and offering it to Baekhyun with the words, "I told you it can get cold," eyeing Baekhyun's outfit again. When they were leaving the house, Chanyeol for sure told Baekhyun that the brunet should take some warmer clothes, or at least put a hoodie on the short-sleeved shirt. Baekhyun being Baekhyun though, didn't listen. And now here we are, Chanyeol being right and Baekhyun freezing from the cold. The weather has indeed turned bad in a span of seconds. 

"Save it," Baekhyun mutters, but takes the hoodie from Chanyeol anyway, putting it on quickly after Chanyeol assures him that he is good without it and that Baekhyun surely needs it more at the moment. The brunet grabs his hand right after the hoodie is on, and Chanyeol just smiles to himself as they keep walking. Honestly, he is a bit cold, but feeling Baekhyun's hand getting warmer every second is enough for him to ignore the cold wind grazing his skin. 

They continue walking, but after another twenty minutes Chanyeol starts noticing that Baekhyun is slowing down, his steps smaller also. He thinks that maybe Baekhyun is just tired from walking, so he lets it go at first. However, when Baekyhun starts limping slightly, Chanyeol refuses to let it go again.

"What's wrong?" he asks, stopping. 

"Nothing, I'm just tired," Baekhyun lies, averting Chanyeol's eyes. "You were right, it's quite some distance," the laugh that Baekhyun lets out is strained and Baekhyun would be a fool to think that Chanyeol would believe it.

"No, really. What's wrong with you?" Chanyeol presses, eyeing Baekhyun. There is a fleeting thought about Baekhyun looking extremely cute in Chanyeol's large hoodie, but he rushes it away in order to focus on Baekhyun's problem that is still unknown.

Letting out an annoyed huff, Baekhyun scratches the back of his neck. "I think the shoes might not be my size," he says quietly. "My heel kinda hurts."

"What, your feet are that big?" Chanyeol jokes, but before Baekhyun can shoot something back at him, he kneels down, telling Baekhyun to turn around and show him. Baekhyun reluctantly turns around, clearly not liking Chanyeol treating him like his son instead of his boyfriend. 

When Baekhyun finally turns around, Chanyeol's eyes widen at the sight. Baekhyun's heel is scratched so much that there is blood. "Oh my god, Baekhyun," Chanyeol says, reaching his hand to touch Baekhyun's leg and pick it up. Baekhyun mutters a quiet what but Chanyeol doesn't answer him, inspecting the wound more closely. The shoes that might not be Baekhyun's size, as the brunet put it, have literally scraped his heel so much that it's a miracle Baekhyun hasn't given up on walking altogether a few minutes ago. 

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Chanyeol questions, turning his eyes to Baekhyun's other leg that is in the same miserable state. 

"It's not that bad."

"It is."

"Don't be dramatic."

"I'm not," Chanyeol sighs and stands up, running a hand through his hair. He can't let Baekhyun keep walking like that, knowing how much a small injury like that can hurt while walking because he has experienced it many times before himself. They are still at least forty minutes away from the house, and if Baekhyun's heels already look like that, there is no way Baekhyun would be able to get to the house without hurting himself even more. 

"Let's just go," Baekhyun says, not liking the way Chanyeol looks so troubled because of him. He tugs at Chanyeol's hand, but before he can make a move Chanyeol stop him, forbidding him from taking a step. Baekhyun raises his eyebrows at the taller as if asking what's the other option in this situation. 

Chanyeol looks like he already has an answer.

"I will carry you," he says, and it only takes a second for Baekhyun to start laughing crazily. Knowing that it would be no use talking to Baekhyun right now, Chanyeol waits until the brunet calms himself down. His lover quietens down not so long after, sensing that Chanyeol meant what he said.

"No way," Baekhyun shakes his head. "No way in hell."

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol says sternly.

"Chanyeol," the brunet sighs, closing his eyes as he inhales. "It's not that serious."

"It is. You haven't even seen it, how can you know," Chanyeol counters. "I won't let you walk like this."

"Why? It's just-"

"Because I don't like seeing you hurt. And I hate when you act like everything's alright," while saying this, his mind goes back to the song Baekhyun has sung on the way here, about smiling while in reality he is in pain. This seems like another situation that the lyrics has described, and while Chanyeol wasn't there to help Baekhyun before, he is here to help him now, whether Baekhyun's problem is physical or mental. 

That seems to shut Baekhyun up, since the brunet just stares at Chanyeol for a while without saying anything before averting his gaze to the ground. "You really don't have to do this. You've already given me your hoodie."

Chanyeol comes closer, surprising Baekhyun with a sudden kiss on the forehead as he says, "I like taking care of you."

After that, it isn't so hard to persuade Baekhyun into taking off the shoes and hopping on Chanyeol's back, wrapping his arms around the CEO's neck, since Baekhyun uses it as a chance to hide his blush. After all, Chanyeol can't see his red face if he buries it into his neck, right? 

They continue on their way with Chanyeol carrying Baekhyun, his hands propping Baekhyun's thighs. Baekhyun holds the shoes by the shoe laces as they - more like only Chanyeol - walk, head resting on Chanyeol's shoulder the whole time.

"Am I heavy?" Baekhyun asks after some time when he hears Chanyeol hear a particularly sharp intake of breath, worrying that Chanyeol is having too much trouble because of him.

Chanyeol though only shakes his head no, grinning as he glances at Baekhyun from the corner of his eyes. "Are you crazy? I work out regularly, you know. This is nothing," the CEO says, earning a smile from Baekhyun. Seeing that Baekhyun is smiling, Chanyeol feels a new course of energy hitting him. Baekhyun isn't heavy per se, but Chanyeol is really tired from the past week and his strength isn't at its best. 

"What a strong man," Baekhyun half-jokes. Chanyeol waits for another mocking remark because Baekhyun seems to be in a mood to diss him today, but to Chanyeol's surprise his boyfriend doesn't do anything of the sort. Instead, he buries his face in the place between Chanyeol's neck and shoulder, pressing his lips against the bare neck in a series of light kisses that make Chanyeol's head dizzy. The kisses combined with Baekhyun's scent hitting his nose are too much, but Baekhyun decides to add something more, succeeding in making Chanyeol's heart leap out of his chest. "You are really the best, Chanyeol," the man says, giving Chanyeol's neck a final kiss before relaxing completely. "I love you a lot."

"I-I love you too," Chanyeol stutters out a response when he finally collect himself after a few beats of silence. His mind has stopped functioning properly after Baekhyun confessed his feelings, and now his face and ears are all read from because of his furious blushing. Baekhyun tells him i love you a lot, as if he wanted to make sure Chanyeol believes while there is no need because Chanyeol already knows and feels the same, but every time Baekhyun says it in a situation like this, Chanyeol can't help himself but feel like he could fly. 

He wants to listen to Baekhyun saying i love you forever. 

 

--

 

They come back around four in the evening, and when Chanyeol puts Baekhyun down on the leather sofa in the living room, he tells the brunet to wait until he finds some bandages. Baekhyun just nods and Chanyeol quickly hurries to find the first air kit, trying to remember where he put it the last time he had to use it because of Jongdae who cut himself on broken glass. He tries to look in his room and his parents' fist but he doesn't find it, frustration bubbling in his stomach as he opens room after room while trying to find it. 

Then, Chanyeol remembers and quickly runs down the stairs, passing Baekhyun in the living room as he goes to the kitchen and opens the last drawer. He grins when he sees the small box and picks it up, congratulating himself for his memory. He has put it there last time because he was too lazy to return it to his parents' room, good thing he remembered. Otherwise he would be looking for it forever. He grabs the disinfection tissues that were lying right beside the first aid kit box and shuts the drawer.

Returning back to Baekhyun with a grin, he kneels in front of the brunet and takes off the black ankle socks before asking Baekhyun to hold his leg up. "You even wear ankle socks. Of course," Chanyeol mumbles, shaking his head as he looks at the injury. He pulls out one of the disinfection tissues and gently wipes the wound, not liking the sound of Baekhyun hissing and attempting to retreat his leg. Chanyeol rubs Bakhyun's leg in comfort as he takes out a bandage out of the first aid kit box and plasters it on the wound. 

"The other leg," Chanyeol jabs his finger in Baekhyun's left leg, but Baekhyun moves away slightly. 

"I don't want to," Baekhyun mumbles. "It hurts."

"It wouldn't hurt that much if you said that you were hurting, you know," Chanyeol sighs and hold his palm open for Baekhyun to give him his leg, and Baekhyun reluctantly obeys Chanyeol after cursing under his breath. Chanyeol repeats the process with Baekhyun's left leg too, his heart clenching painfully once again as Baekhyun's leg trembles slightly in his hold. "All done," Chanyeol whispers and pats Baekhyun's leg fondly, looking up at the brunet who is frowning deeply, fingers clenching Chanyeol's hoodie even though the temperature of the house is warm enough for Baekhyun to take it off already. 

"Thank you," Baekhyun mumbles quietly, and Chanyeol smiles at him, showing off his dimples as he straightens himself up and sits next to Baekhyun, kissing him before he wraps himself around his lover, burying his head in the crook of Baekhyun's neck similary to the way Baekhyun did when Chanyeol was carrying him back to the house. 

"You're so ing cute, ," Chanyeol utters, inhaling Baekhyun's sweet scent. 

"Can you not call me cute..?" Baekhyun questions, trying to move away from Chanyeol to let his boyfriend know how much he hates being called cute. So many people has called him cute in their disgusting tone and with their lust-filled voices, making Baekhyun hate the word. But when Chanyeol says it, Baekhyun only feels positive emotions, fondness and love making his heart beat faster when Chanyeol says the word. He doesn't know if he likes it.

"You are though."

"Okay, fine," Baekhyun sighs. "Listen, do you want to watch some movie? You must be hella tired, so let's just rest."

And like that, they end up watching a romantic comedy that Chanyeol's mother bought on DVD some time ago, talking through the whole movie and guessing what will happen based on all the clichés existing in this world. Ninety percent of the time they get it right, yelling in excitement every time their guess comes true and laughing about how obvious it was. 

However, the movie isn't actually that bad, as critic Byun Baekhyun says. After all, what would be a movie without clichés. Even Baekhyun has to say that while he was laughing at the obviousness of some scenes, he loved them nonetheless because some clichés are so called golden, and even though everybody can see they are coming, they are still the best thing ever. What would be a story without some good clichés, right?

And while Chanyeol doesn't enjoy the movie very much, Baekhyun seems to like it a lot even though the brunet is making fun of almost every scene. For Chanyeol, it doesn't really matter if the movie is good or bad though, as long as he can hold Baekhyun in his arms, nuzzling his nose into Baekhyun's brown locks. 

"Do you want to dye it again?" Chanyeol asks during the movie, noticing the dark roots growing day by day. Chanyeol wonders how Baekhyun can look good even with the dark brown roots taking now fifty percent of his otherwise light brown hair. 

"What?" Baekhyun asks, frowning in confusion before he registers what Chanyeol is talking about. Instinctively he touches his hair, almost hitting Chanyeol in the process. "I don't know, should I?"

"You will look good either way," Chanyeol answers. Honestly, he would even agree with Baekhyun's hair staying exactly as they are now, hald dark brown and half light. Baekhyun just looks stunning with any hair. 

"That wasn't helpful but okay," Baekhyun retreats his hand and instead searches with it for Chanyeol's, grabbing it gently before relaxing again and focusing on the movie. Chanyeol drops the topic and continues watching the movie too, but he would be lying if he said that he actually paid more than just bits of his attention, his eyes closing with every passing second while he inhales the sweet scent of Baekhyun's hair, his tire self slipping slowly into sleep. 

Falling asleep with Baekhyun in his arms is much easier than falling asleep on his own, after all. 

 

-

 

Three hours later, Chanyeol flops down beside Baekhyun, bringing the brunet closer to him and hugging him to his body tightly, his head still spinning from the mind-blowing . "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me," Chanyeol whispers, panting hard as he runs a hand through his sweaty hair.

"Are you always this cheesy after , or is it just with me?" Baekhyun laughs a little, but his laugh is breathy as well, the shorter male exhausted from their activities too. While trying to catch their breaths, Chanyeol slips off the after wiping Baekhyun's and his stomach with a wet tissue, getting up to throw the trash in the bin on the other side of the room. It's only a second before he's back in the bed again, wrapping his arms around the brunet again. 

Honestly, when Chanyeol has fallen asleep on the couch while watching a movie with Baekhyun he didn't expect the situation to escalate this quickly. But really, it's all Baekhyun's fault. 

It's Baekhyun who woke him up while stradling Chanyeol's hips, the beautiful slender fingers tracing the muscles under the CEO's shirt while the brunet's mouth was on his neck and shoulder's. Baekhyun was making his desires obvious and who was Chanyeol to deny such a beautiful man, right? He didn't put up the slightest fight, instead bringing Baekhyun closer, cupping the brunet's cheek and kissing his lover passionately, tongue getting through Baekhyun's lips with ease. 

It was just a matter of seconds before Chanyeol stood up and Baekhyun wrapped his legs around the taller's waist, letting himself be carried to Chanyeol's room and thrown on the bed before the CEO kissed him again, hands going under Baekhyun's clothes to touch the delicious skin. 

Chanyeol lost all his restraints if there even were some when Baekhyun moaned into his mouth when they crotches met as the brunet moved his hips against Chanyeol's, creating friction both of them needed desperately. 

So really, it was all Baekhyun's fault. Not like Chanyeol is protesting.

"Do you want to take a bath?" Chanyeol asks. It's not like he minds their sweaty bodies tangled together on the bed, but Baekhyun is starting to squirm already. 

"Together?" Baekhyun asks, but before Chanyeol can say yes, the brunet snorts, glancing at his lover. "Would you be able to keep your hands to yourself?"

"As much as I would like to do this all again right now," Chanyeol pauses, biting into Baekhyun's shoulder and the mark right after, getting drunk on how the strong scent of Baekhyun hits his nose. "I'm really tired," Chanyeol finishes, kissing Baekhyun's shoulder and collarbone. "But I don't feel like letting you go away from me anytime soon."

"This house is in the middle of nowhere and my heels are ed up, no way I can run away," Baekhyun jokes, beautiful fingers tangling into Chanyeol's black hair. 

"What a pity, you have to stay with me then," Chanyeol says, smiling before kissing another part of Baekhyun's skin, feeling like he could admire Baekhyun's body like this all day for the rest of his life. 

Deciding to play this game, Baekhyun grins and continues, "A pity indeed," he agrees, closing his eyes and letting out a shaky exhale as Chanyeol on his collarbone. "I have to stay with you for another day."

"You surely want to leave so badly, of course," leaving another hickey on right under Baekhyun's collarbone earns him another moan, and Chanyeol swears that if he wasn't that tired he would most likely take Baekhyun again, making the brunet scream even louder than earlier. his stamina, not being here when it's truly needed.

"So badly, yes," Baekhyun nods, his eyes closed as his mind only focuses on Chanyeol's mouth and touches. 

However, Chanyeol's mouth leaves Baekhyun's skin just a second after the third moan escapes the brunet's lips, and Chanyeol chuckles at the whine Baekhyun lets out accompanied by the unsatisfied huff. " your for being so old and not being able to do me properly," Baekhyun mutters, frowning.

"That's not what you were saying a few minutes ago, but okay," laughing, Chanyeol pulls away, grabbing Baekhyun's hand in the process and making the brunet sit up. "Come on, let's take a bath," the taller says, tugging at Baekhyun's hand to make the grumpy male stand up and follow him into the bathroom. With another curse, Baekhyun obeys and gets up from the bed, the first few steps difficult, which gives Chanyeol a room for a remark, "Can you repeat that thing about not being able to do you right? Because your body would like to protest."

"I was so expecting this," Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "Besides, you almost broke me in half, so it's not really about me being sore but about you breaking my back."

"You weren't complaining."

"Now I am."

"Poor you," Chanyeol drags Baekhyun into the bathroom, going over to the large bathtub and leaving Baekhyun's hand only when he needs to get the temperature of the water right. When he deems it alright, he nods at Baekhyun, giving the brunet a grin after succeeding. He is the first one to step into the bathtub and make himself comfortable, shivering as the warm water touches his body. "Come in," he invites his lover, continuing to smile at Baekhyun, eyeing the shorter's body not so discreetly, liking the hickeys he himself put on Baekhyun's skin. What an amazing sight.

Baekhyun climbs into the bathtub carefully, making sure not to get his heels wet because he is not ready for the pain that would come. Chanyeol helps him get settled between his legs, hugging Baekhyun from behind and nuzzling his face into Baekhyun's shoulder. "You are so clingy," Baekhyun comments with a laugh, leaning more into Chanyeol's body, closing his eyes when he feels the hot water on his skin. 

"You seem to like it," Chanyeol says, placing a kiss on Baekhyun's shoulder for good measure. 

"I do," Baekhyun agreeing so easily is not what Chanyeol has expected, but he can't say he is not happy to hear it. 

They stay in silence as the water fills the bathtub, their bodies pressed close as Chanyeol's arms are wrapped around Baekhyun's waist. The brunet's legs are dangling off the bathtub, Baekhyun being careful not to let the water touch his wounds as Chanyeol gifts him with more tender kisses before he relaxes too, enjoying the sweet scent of Baekhyun mixed with the feeling of their skin touching as the water keeps coming, embracing their bodies in warmness.

However, after ten minutes of relaxing after Chanyeol stopped the water, a thought he pushed to the back of his mind comes back, making Chanyeol's mind not so relaxed anymore. 

He wonders if he should listen to Jongin and not ask about Baekhyun's university or listen to himself and ask Baekhyun about it, thinking that there is enough trust between them for Baekhyun to open himself up to Chanyeol. And while he really doesn't want to ruin this beautiful moment, Chanyeol feels like holding this question in would slowly kill him. 

So, he dares to ask. "Baekhyun, what did you study at university?" 

He feels Baekhyun tense in his hold, and for a second he is afraid that Baekhyun - being so unpredictable as he is - will stand up and bold out of the bathroom, leaving the CEO alone in the bathtub while refusing to talk about it. But to Chanyeol's surprise, Baekhyun stays put as he speaks up, "I was studying music. Singing and stuff, you know," there is a hint of sadness as the nostalgia hits Baekhyun, and Chanyeol almost regrets asking. Almost. 

"You wanted to me an idol?" he pushes.

Baekhyun laughs, heaven for Chanyeol's ears, and shakes his head no. "I wanted to become a music teacher," for a moment, he thinks that this is all Baekhyun has to say, but the brunet continues soon after. "I wanted to teach kids about music. I've always loved our music lessons because of my teacher in middle school and from then on, I was determined about becoming just like him. I wanted to not only teach kids about music, but making them like it as well. I was dreaming of teaching them how to play piano as well because really, it's so beautiful," Baekhyun's voice is still party filled with sadness, but now there is something else too. Excitement, maybe? Happiness?

"That's amazing," Chanyeol muses, his heart beating strongly against his ribcage as he realizes that Baekhyun is really talking about his dreams. He has always somehow avoided this topic, and thus Chanyeol didn't want to pry. It's making it hard to believe that even after getting a firm warning not to ask Baekhyun about these things, the brunet is providing him with long answers, seemingly without any trouble. 

"It was, right? It sounded cool," Baekhyun laughs. "A pity that it had all flopped." 

"Would you like to... go back? To university?" 

"Of course, what a stupid question," Baekhyun slaps Chanyeol's knee. "I loved it there. Sometimes it was tons of work, but I really did."

Sensing that if a silence was about to come right now Baekhyun would surely get depressed because of his past, Chanyeol quickly asks, "Will you play something for me?" when Baekhyun cranes his neck to look at him, Chanyeol explains further. "Like, I would die if you played something for me. Preferably while singing. Your voice is truly beautiful."

"Yeah, of course. On the imaginary piano."

"What about a real one?" Chanyeol questions. 

"What? You have one? Like, here? I haven't seen it anywhere," instantly, Baekhyun pulled himself away from Chanyeol in order to turn his whole body to the CEO, eyes wide and sparkling. Chanyeol could see the love for piano in the brown orbs, and his heart skipped a beat. 

"It's in my parent's room. My mom knows how to play it," Chanyeol explains, the corners of his lips tugged upwards when Baekhyun's mouth hangs open. 

Then, however, his face twists in hesitance. "I don't know if I should play on your mother's piano, Chanyeol," he tells, letting his boyfriend know what worries him without Chanyeol having to ask about it like so many times before. 

"It's okay, she doesn't even use it anymore," Chanyeol brushes of Baekhyun's worries, reaching his hand out to pull Baekhyun closer again. "So is that a yes? You'll play for me?" he asks as he finally takes a hold of Baekhyun's elbow, pulling the brunet down and embracing him. 

"I haven't played in a long time though," Baekhyun mutters. "It's gonna be ty."

"I'm sure it won't be."

 

After the bath, Chanyeol doesn't give Baekhyun any break before urging him to play and sing for him. However, during the time they were in the bath, Chanyeol has created a small plan. 

The plan included recording Baekhyun during the brunet's performance and then visiting Baekhyun's old university and asking if there isn't a way Baekhyun could continue studying there even after he had left years ago, presenting the video of his lover performing perfectly - because he knows already that Baekhyun is going to be amazing. After all, there are tons of people studying at university even when they are older, Baekhyun's age shouldn't be a problem. And also, Baekhyun has made the entrance exam as well in the past, so he had basically got into the university a long time ago. 

He knows that he should first ask Baekhyun about it, but then he decides against it. Chanyeol needs to firstly find out if it's possible to get Baekhyun back before presenting the idea of returning to Baekhyun. In fact, Chanyeol thinks this could be his birthday present for Baekhyun. If Baekhyun says that he isn't going back, Chanyeol will accept it, even though it's going to be a pity that someone with such a voice wouldn't present his voice to the world, even though not as an idol but as a teacher. But there is always the other option of Baekhyun being delighted that there is a possibility of him going back. Which is an option that Chanyeol likes much more. 

Throwing a loose shirt and underwear into Baekhyun's face and telling him to wear it because it's always colder in Chanyeol's parents' room, Chanyeol puts on his sleeping shirt and boxers on as well, taking his phone in hand without Baekhyun noticing. 

"You are so eager about it," Baekhyun comments when Chanyeol leads him to his parents' room. "You're going to be so disappointed though."

"Enough with the low self-esteem," Chanyeol says, not wanting to hear any more of this coming out of Baekhyun's mouth. It hurts him so much to hear how little Baekhyun thinks of himself or of his skills. He can't stop wishing for Baekhyun to see himself with Chanyeol's eyes just once in his life. Maybe then he would stop being so hard on himself, after seeing how perfect he truly is. "You're gonna be amazing, I know it."

He doesn't know if he should feel like he succeeded in making Baekhyun stop bringing himself down when the brunet only chuckles humorlessly without saying anything else, but for now he takes it as a win. 

He opens the door to his parents' room and lets Baekhyun in, watching as the brunet's eyes sparkle again as they fall upon the piano in the corner of the room. Chanyeol turns on the lights and nudges Baekhyun slightly in the direction of the piano when the brunet doesn't take a step toward it himself, his touch supposed to be encouraging. While the CEO was excited to hear Baekhyun play for some time now, he is even more excited now, wishing Baekhyun would just start already, having a hard time waiting. 

However, he knows that Baekhyun needs some time before he starts playing, and so he just watches his lover as he's taking hesitant steps toward the piano, fingers tracing the surface of it when he is close enough to touch it. While Baekhyun is so entranced with the piano, Chanyeol quickly turns on the camera on his phone, hiding it behind his back when Baekhyun looks at him. If Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol is about to record him, he doesn't say anything about it. 

The recording is already started when Baekhyun opens the fall board and sits on the chair in front of the piano, touching the keys with trembling fingers. Chanyeol wonders if he's that nervous or it's the memories coming back to him. He also wonders how long it was since Baekhyun has last played the piano because his lover looks so fascinated with the instrument right now that if Chanyeol didn't know Baekhyun could play, he would think that Baekhyun is seeing piano for the first time in his life. 

"Uhm.." Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol again. "What should I play?"

"Whatever you want, really. Your favorite, if you want," Chanyeol replies, coming over to Baekhyun, thinking that there is a lesser chance of getting caught if he stands slightly behind Baekhyun while the brunet plays.

Baekhyun looks down at the keys again, probably thinking of what he should play. It doesn't take long for him to pick his favorite song, and soon he tells Chanyeol, "I like Moon of Seoul a lot. Do you know it?" 

"Of course. I like it a lot," Chanyeol nods. He truly likes the song very much. His mother used to play it for him when he was younger, but she never sang the lyrics, not confident in her voice. 

"Okay, then..." Baekhyun trails off again, nodding to himself. "Then I'm going to play that."

Chanyeol silently waits until Baekhyun is ready, staying a few steps away from the brunet and using the time to angle the camera of his phone rightly. Just as he finds the perfect angle, Baekhyun takes a deep breath and starts playing. 

To be honest, Chanyeol is more than shocked. When his mother played the song it was rather gentle, but as Baekhyun plays the first instrumental part of the song, his deity fingers move fiercely on the keys, pressing down hard and effective, dancing from key to key easily. Really, how long has Baekhyun stayed away from playing? Because looking at him now, Chanyeol would bet his life that Baekhyun keeps practising every day, being way too good for someone who said that he wasn't playing for a long time. 

Chanyeol mouth falls open as he watches the slender fingers play, and maybe that's why he's not entirely ready to hear Baekhyun sing along to it. But when Baekhyun does, man... the voice that pierces the quietness of the room could cure all the ill and awake the dead. 

Baekhyun's voice is powerful but still smooth, hitting the notes perfectly. It doesn't matter if he has to sing high or low, Baekhyun sings it more than amazingly, his voice working perfectly with the piano. It's krystal clear that this man is talented beyond belief, and Chanyeol is just left standing frozen on spot while his ears are being blessed by Baekhyun's singing and piano skills. He even lets out a gasp when Baekhyun reaches a particular high note before his voice cracks on purpose beautifully, emotion clear. Then a series of high notes follows, and Chanyeol forgets how to breathe when the brunet's voice turns rather rough before returning back to the smooth tone as before. 

It's really something, and Chanyeol can clearly imagine Baekhyun not only as a teacher but also as an idol, a person who millions of people look up to, a person that is admires not only for his voice and talent, but also for his ethereal beauty. He can't shake off the feeling that Baekhyun would easily become famous and have an amazing career if he wanted to do that. 

Chanyeol gets so lost in Baekhyun's voice that he actually feels physical pain from his sadness when the room gets quiet again after Baekhyun finishes up the song with his voice trailing off in the end, fingers pressing the final keys. He wants to tell Baekhyun how amazing he was, how talented he is and just how much he enjoyed the performance that was specially only only for Chanyeol, but the CEO somehow can't describe how he feels, hard to turn his emotions into words. 

But really, how can someone blame him? Plus, the moon that is high in the sky and visible clearly thanks to the large windows creating the wall of the room, shines on Baekyhun and Chanyeol can't help thinking that the true Moon of Seoul is Byun Baekhyun. 

"So... did you like it?" Baekhyun questions quietly, and his voice is so different from the self-confident tone Chanyeol could hear while Baekhyun was singing. Even Baekhyun's expression is completely different, full of fear that Chanyeol would dare to say that it wasn't good or something along the lines. As if Chanyeol could ever utter such a lie. 

"It was just-" Chanyeol stops himself to take a breath, bending down and hugging his lover tight enough for Baekhyun to gasp for air. "You are so talented. I can't believe that I'm dating someone who is just so damn talented, . You are amazing. Your voice is beautiful and you play as if you invented playing the piano," Chanyeol keeps showering Baekhyun with compliments, holding his lover and feeling like he could never let go of this perfection. "You could be so famous, oh my god. This voice of yours is blessing. I-... Just-.. How can you be so talented?"

"Can you stop?" Baekhyun whispers and a sob escapes his lips right after. He pulls away from Chanyeol a little, hands covering his eyes. "You are making me so emotional. Even though you know I hate crying." 

"I'm sorry, it's just that-" Chanyeol puts his phone on the piano and reaches for Baekhyun's hands, aiming for uncovering Baekhyun's eyes. "You are so perfect. Too perfect."

Grabbing both of Baekhyun's wrists gently, he pulls the brunet's hands away, smiling down at Baekhyun whose tears are already staining the smooth cheeks. Chanyeol would usually die inside when seeing Baekhyun cry, but knowing they are happy tears he feels his heart beating faster for a completely different reason - because of happiness. Making Baekhyun cry shouldn't make him that happy, but really, knowing that his compliments made his lover so emotional means a lot to him. 

"How can you say something like that," Baekhyun mumbles, attempting to hide his tears stained face again, but Chanyeol doesn't let him, instead leaning in kissing the tears away. The salty taste isn't anything enjoyable, but his lips making contact with Baekhyun's skin are making up for it greatly. 

"You are incredible," Chanyeol says, kissing Baekhyun's under cheek. "And talented," another kiss is placed on Baekhyun forehead tenderly. "And beautiful," Chanyeol's lips connect with Baekhyun's cute button nose next. "And I can't believe," he moves lower, his breath ghosting over Baekhyun's lips as he talks. "I'm dating," another kiss lands on the corner of Baekhyun's mouth, right on the beauty mark that makes Chanyeol's heart race every time his eyes fall upon it. "Someone so perfect like you," finishing his sentence, the final kiss is placed on Baekhyun's lips, Chanyeol taking them inbetween his softly, gently, as if he was afraid to break the beautiful person in front of him. 

Baekhyun kisses him back, melting into it and wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck as he desperately brings him closer. The kiss is soft and full of emotions, Chanyeol feeling Baekhyun pouring every bit of himself into it, wanting to let Chanyeol how much he loves him and how grateful he is not only for his words, but for everything the CEO does for him. It makes Chanyeol responds just as eagerly, wanting to let Baekhyun know that he loves him back, his feelings so, so strong. He wants to let Baekhyun know that if the brunet thinks that Chanyeol has saved him, it's the other way around because with Baekhyun, Chanyeol feels alive, making it look as if he wasn't even living before meeting his lover. 

When thy break apart, Chanyeol is pulled in a tight hug, and he can hear another sob coming out of Baekhyun's mouth. "I love you," Baekhyun says after taking a shaky breath. "I really do."

"Me too, Baekhyun," rubbing Baekhyun's back, Chanyeol feels a few tears of his own sliding down his cheek.

 

 

Thirty minutes later when they are about to fall asleep, limbs tangled and bodies pressed close, Chanyeol wonders if it's really so bad to keep this hidden. After all, like this, when their relationship is hidden, Baekhyun is protected from the cruel world at least a little more. Baekhyun has had to deal with countless problems and pain, it's Chanyeol's duty to take care of Baekhyun's happiness now. And while he would like to tell the world about Baekhyun, he thinks that this way it's easier. It's easier to protect Baekhyun from all the judging eyes, and it's much easier to keep Baekhyun out of the spotlight like this. 

"Are you alright?" Baekhyun asks when he hears Chanyeol sigh deeply. 

Thinking about it like that, keeping their relationship in secret isn't that bad.... right? It will be easier to protect Baekhyun like this. 

"Yeah, everything's good," Chanyeol makes himself lie, wishing Baekhyun a goodnight so the brunet won't pry more. 

Maybe Baekhyun doesn't ever have to find out about why the deal was even brought up to the table during the talk with his father. Maybe it's really better like this. Maybe staying hidden is actually the right choice.