will you date me?

without you to hold i'd be freezing

A/N: Hello there! It's a miracle that I somehow managed to update even while I'm on holiday lol. We're out all day and when we come home I usually read instead of writing, but then when I'm already ready to go to sleep the need to write just kicks me in the and... he we are, a new chapter written. 

This is mostly fluff so enjoy lol, but the angst is coming, don't be fooled. For now tho, feel free to enjoy the fluff. They deserve it after finally getting into an actual relationship after 200k words. 

Thank you for your support as always, and thank you for writing me such asweet comments and even messages on tumblr It really makes me happy that you like this fic :)

lmao btw there is a cliffhanger for the first time (i think) so be aware

ALSO, I'm already writing the mafia au chaptered fic that I'll start posting right after finishing this fic, so I just wanted to let all of you know that unlike the spin-offs, you can be 100% sure that th mafia au will be posted. I'll probably post the summary and a brief into about the fic in a week or two, but the first chapter will be still posted only after I'm finished with this :) 

lol yea that's all, happy reading.

 

--

 

 

 

Baekhyun wakes up the next morning in Chanyeol's strong arms, their bodies pressed tightly together and legs intertwined under the covers. When he slowly opens his eyes, he doesn't see anything aside from Chanyeol's chest in which his head is buried, but he honestly doesn't mind. He presses a kiss to the toned chest and relaxes in Chanyeol's hold again, a smile appearing on his face as his mind travels to what happened yesterday. Baekhyun feels giddy just thinking about it, his heart bursting with affection as he cuddles the still sleeping Chanyeol, needing to feel even more of the warmth radiating from the taller's body. 

He remembers thinking how would it be to wake up next to someone you love, envying Jongin's and Kyungsoo's relationship, and now... Now he knows how it feels to start a new day with an embrace from the one you love the most. His mind is so calm, only thinking about Chanyeol and nothing else, everything is-

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol! Wake up already!" Jongdae yells, the loud voice being way too close for Baekhyun's liking. Is Jongdae actually screaming so loudly when he's standing just outside of their tent or what? Opening his eyes again and looking over, he indeed sees a shadow standing just mere meter away from the tent, and Baekhyun sighs.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Baekhyun asks, and while he doesn't expect a reply because his question was merely a whisper, Jongdae answers with yes, it's in my nature, before his shadow disappears an Baekhyun hears footsteps getting more distant with every second. How could Jongdae even hear it?

So much for a peaceful morning. Baekhyun pouts but decides to listen to Jongdae, ready to untangle himself from Chanyeol's hold without waking Chanyeol up, but the moment he moves just slightly away, the CEO tightens his hold and brings him closer again, even throwing one leg over Baekhyun's waist to make sure that his lover cannot escape.

"Let's ignore him," Chanyeol says quietly into his hair, kissing the brunet there and nuzzling his nose into Baekhyun's locks. Under Chanyeol's touch and after hearing the words being spoken with that sleepy, deep and raspy voice, Baekhyun forgets about Jongdae rather quickly, focusing only on Chanyeol. 

"Good morning," he greets Chanyeol, looking up and meeting Chanyeol's half-lidded gaze. Chanyeol smiles down at him, bringing their foreheads together, their noses brushing in the process. Baekhyun is surprised when his heart doesn't start beating rapidly as it was before every time Chanyeol touches him, or even looked at him. Now, his heart beats calmly, his breath even as he looks straight into Chanyeol's beautiful eyes. He feels like he's home in Chanyeol's embrace, as if he belonged here. 

And maybe he does. 

"Good morning, Baekhyun," Chanyeol whispers and the warm breath ghosts over Baekhyun's lips, making him shiver. Simply the way Chanyeol says his name is enough to send him over the edge, Baekhyun loving the deep and sensual voice, especially when it's Baekhyun's name that's being spoken.

"Have you slept well?" Baekhyun asks, placing one hand on Chanyeol's cheek and caressing it gently with his thumb. Chanyeol leans into his touch and the smile on his lips doesn't leave his mouth the whole time. 

"Very well," Chanyeol answers, and the next second his lips are pressed against Baekhyun's, moving with tenderness and love as he kisses Baekhyun slowly. Baekhyun complies immediately, following Chanyeol's suit and sliding his lips against his lover's sensually, enjoying the softness. Baekhyun had dreamed about these plump lips kissing him so many times, and now when he is finally able to feel them, Baekhyun savors every moment.

At some point, Chanyeol climbs on top of Baekhyun, deepening the kiss, unable to pull away. Baekhyun feels the same, kissing Chanyeol with more passion, bringing the CEO closer to him as he circles his arm around his back. A soft gasp escapes Baekhyun's lips when their bodies are flushed together and his hand travels lower, sliding down Chanyeol's side, but their heavy make out session is interrupted once more as Jongdae's voices pierces the air again, "Come on! It's already eleven, we need to go home."

Chanyeol breaks away from Baekhyun and groans, his head falling into the crook of the brunet's neck. Baekhyun laughs and brings his hand up to Chanyeol's hair, patting his lover on the head. "He's right, we should go," Baekhyun whispers, playing with Chanyeol's black locks. No matter how much he wants to stay like that and continue their make out session, he knows that they need to go. After all, Chanyeol and Jongdae probably have a lot of work to do, Baekhyun shouldn't be selfish.

"I don't want to," Chanyeol whines, and he truly sounds like a kid and not like an adult. Baekhyun laughs again and closes his eyes, enjoying the closeness. Baekhyun wonders why he doesn't feel aroused when a very Chanyeol is pressed against him, making himself comfortable between Baekhyun's legs as he hugs the brunet. In normal situations, he would be jumping the person who is lying on top of him like that, but now, Baekhyun just wants Chanyeol to hold him and nothing more.

"Don't be a baby," Baekhyun tells him. "Think about the work piling on your table every second while you are like this."

"It's worth it, though," Chanyeol says in a heartbeat and Baekhyun's heart does a little flip upon hearing those words. It's not the first time Chanyeol said something so sweet, but Baekhyun still can't quite believe that someone like Chanyeol exists, giving him so much love and affection.

Their moment lasts maybe five minutes and both of them could probably fall asleep if Jongdae didn't appear again, ripping their tent entrance open harshly. "Get. Up," with only those two words, he leaves, not giving his friends that are in a rather intimate position a second glance before walking away with a frustrated sigh. Baekhyun and Chanyeol watch him walk away, and then they look at each other, wide eyes and shocked expression when Jongdae disappears from the sight. It takes only three seconds and they are laughing loudly, their bodies shaking from the laughter. 

A very peaceful morning, indeed.

 

Baekhyun is in a desperate need for shower, but since there isn't anything like that, he decides to go and swiftly wash himself in the lake. The water isn't the cleanest but it's also not the dirtiest, so for now it will work. Baekhyun will definitely go to shower when he gets home, but he is sure as hell not spending a two hours ride back to Seoul sweaty as . However, Baekhyun is very grateful to Chanyeol for cleaning him up yesterday. He doesn't remember it, but since there is only sweat making his body feel so disgusting, Baekhyun guesses that Chanyeol took care of the rest. 

Chanyeol shares his idea accompanies him, helping him walk the distance to the lake as Baekhyun limps his way through, making Chanyeol feel rather guilty. "I enjoyed it, though," Baekhyun tells Chanyeol on the way to the lake when he sees Chanyeol's guilty gaze on him. "Thoroughly," Baekhyun adds, grinning up at Chanyeol and laughing when  the CEO rolls his eyes at the stupid joke. 

Baekhyun might be making jokes, but he really doesn't want Chanyeol to feel guilty about him being quite sore and limping. After all, it was truly the best night of Baekhyun's whole life, there is nothing to regret or feel guilty about. 

"The water will be cold as ," Chanyeol states, his arm around Baekhyun's waist as they walk. It was rather cold yesterday, but after a night without sun, it will most likely be even colder.

"We'll make it quick," Baekhyun just waves it off, and keeps walking, clinging to Chanyeol's side more than it's actually needed. Yes, he is sore and yes, his body hurts, but he can walk alone if he tried. The thing is, he feels better while walking when Chanyeol's arm is protectively snug around his waist, the CEO's body so close to his. It's definitely more comfortable than walking alone. 

When they are finally standing by the lake, they throw the clothes they are going to change into on the grass along with their towels, discarding their dirty clothing they put on just to get here next to them. Baekhyun is the first one to get into the water, running into the lake because in his opinion, it will feel colder if he goes slow. When the water is up to his chest, he shivers from the cold and turns around to see if Chanyeol has already followed him into the water.

Baekhyun immediately bites his lower lip as his eyes fall on the form of Chanyeol who is stepping into the water, running one hand through his black locks. Like this, he looks like he is a character cut out of a movie, and Baekhyun mouth goes dry at the sight. He has seen all of Chanyeol already, but seeing him like this is just... wow. 

Baekhyun feels a blush appearing on his face when he notices the hickeys he left on Chanyeol's skin yesterday, the red-purple marks standing out on his body. It's a sign that Chanyeol is his and nobody's else. Baekhyun likes it. 

"Jesus , it's really cold," Chanyeol speaks up, grimacing. "My balls are gonna freeze like that."

And yes, like that, the y bubble that Chanyeol seemed to be in a few seconds ago is completely gone, replaced by the one and only dorky Chanyeol. But Baekhyun really couldn't care less. After all, this Chanyeol is the one Baekhyun has fallen in love with. Not the overly y and cocky Chanyeol, but the dorky one who can be y when he wants to be, but mostly he is just like an over-grown child. 

Beekhyun laughs fondly at the sight of Chanyeol cupping his jewels with a grimace, his face twisted in terror, as he steps further into the lake, slowly but surely reaching Baekhyun. "It's not that bad. You just have to do it quickly," the brunet gives him an advice. "See? I'm alright."

"You're crazy, that's what you are."

"Come on already. We have to go soon," Baekhyun swims toward Chanyeol quickly and splashes water on the man's chest, making Chanyeol yelp. This doesn't stop Baekhyun though, and he splashes the water on him once again, this time the water reaching also Chanyeol's face. Baekhyun waits patiently for Chanyeol's reaction with a grin in his face, wondering if Chanyeol will throw himself at Baekhyun and get his revenge or if he's going to let it slide. 

After letting out a heavy sigh, Chanyeol frowns and splashes a water on Baekhyun too, but the action doesn't seem like Chanyeol is ready to start a fight. "You're right," Baekhyun is assured that this will not escalate in a water fight like yesterday when Chanyeol says this, and while Baekhyun would gladly repeat yesterday's events but now only with Chanyeol, he also knows that they really have to get going soon. 

And so, Baekhyun nods, searching for Chanyeol's hand in the water and taking it in his as he leads Chanyeol further into the lake, his ears catching every little curse Chanyeol utters along the way. They don't go very deep, just enough to wash themselves briefly. Baekhyun tries to focus on the task on hand instead of glancing at Chanyeol every five seconds, but when he catches Chanyeol's eyes on him too more than once, Baekhyun knows that he isn't the only one not being able to keep his eyes off the other. It makes him smile shyly, and he always looks away after a second too long eye-contact. He doesn't feel embarrassed when Chanyeol stares at him, not really, because there were many people looking at his body with lust. What's making him feel giddy and just the slightest bit nervous is that the way Chanyeol looks at him, so completely different, full of trust and love and affection instead of just lust. 

They wash quickly, both feeling the coldness napping on their skin after two minutes and deciding that it's enough and that they should go. Hand in hand, they walk out of the lake, the touch making them feel warmer even when the gentle wind caressing their wet skin is giving them both goosebumps. When they are out of the lake, they hurriedly grab their towels and start drying themselves off, feeling a bit better than before now when they are relatively clean. 

Baekhyun bends down and picks up his boxers, putting them on in a second, already reaching for another piece of clothing when he feels Chanyeol's hand on his wrist. "What-" he doesn't get to finish his sentence as Chanyeol steps closer to him, a stripe up Baekhyun's long neck. The brunet gasps, but doesn't push Chanyeol away, standing on the spot, frozen.

Chanyeol steps away just the tiniest bit and smirks at Baekhyun, rubbing circles into the shorter's wrist. "I love the way your neck is covered in hickeys," Chanyeol answers Baekhyun's silent question, placing a short peck on his lips. "And not only your neck," that being said, Chanyeol's hands start touching Baekhyun's body gently, fingers tracing every bite mark that was left on his skin yesterday. He winces a little when Chanyeol stops at his hips, the faint bruises hurting more than anyone would have expected. However, instead of only pain, Baekhyun feels arousal too. 

"I love it too," Baekhyun breathes out, looking up at Chanyeol. "And I love you."

Just as Chanyeol opens his mouth to say something, the voice of angry Jongdae interrupt them once again. "Stop making out already and hurry the up!" 

"Stop being such a for 's sake!" Chanyeol turns his head and screams back, brows furrowed. Baekhyun laughs whole-heartedly at how fired up Chanyeol is and brings up both of his hands to cup the taller's face, turning his head back to himself again. He stands on his tiptoes as he kisses Chanyeol, slanting their lips together in a slow kiss. 

Baekhyun swears that he dies a little every single time they kiss, but he really doesn't mind dying this way. 

"We should really go now, though," Baekhyun whispers against Chanyeol lips after a while, giving the CEO one last peck before pulling away, all his will-power used for this. He starts dressing then, and is glad when Chanyeol does the same without attempting to touch Baekhyun again because under the taller's touch, the brunet immediately melts. Chanyeol must know it by now too. 

When they are dressed, they walk back the same way they came here, with Chanyeol's arm around Baekhyun waist, the brunet leaning in to Chanyeol's side. Chanyeol is nice enough to carry not only his clothes and towel but also Baekhyun's things, assuring him that it's no problem when Baekhyun asks about it.  As they come closer, Baekhyun can see that all of the tents are packed already, along with the grill that they used yesterday.

Bekhyun's and Chanyeol's backpacks are lying on the grass where their tent was along with some igelit bag, and Baekhyun tells Chanyeol that he can get their bags and throw the third one to the thrash, assuming it's the bag Chanyeol used as a thrash bin. Chanyeol goes to the car, but Chanyeol refuses the idea right away, saying that he won't let Baekhyun carry anything and that Baekhyun should be the one going to the car and Chanyeol the one who takes the bags.

There is no point arguing about it because Chanyeol lets go of Baekhyun the next second. "Be careful," the CEO says as he walks to the direction of their bags, and Baekhyun grumpily listens and goes  to the car.

Everyone is here already, putting everything in the back and getting ready to go. Sehun and Lu Han are chatting beside the passenger door, Minseok is putting his bag in the car, Jongin and Kyungsoo are just standing beside the car, hugging, and Jongdae-

"How wild your night was on a scale from one to ten?" Jongdae asks with a laugh, throwing an arm around Baekhyun's shoulder. "Judging by those hickeys, I guess it was ten out of ten?"

"Leave him alone, Jongdae," Kyungsoo says without even looking over at them, his head still buried in Jongin's chest. They look cute and so, so in love. Baekhyun is glad to see them like this again instead of arguing and throwing ugly glances at each other.

"Come on, we're friends, you can tell me," Jongdae doesn't stop though, prying more and more. Baekhyun is about to push him off, ready to ignore his friend, but then Jongdae leans closer to his ear and whispers, "I could hear you yesterday, everyone could."

"Jongdae, I'm going to leave you here," Chanyeol appears beside them, slapping the back of Jongdae's head. After that, Jongdae's arm leaves Baekhyun's shoulder and instead of bothering Baekhyun, Jongdae decides to bother Chanyeol.

Baekhyun is glad, and after bringing his hand up and covering the hickeys with it, he walks over to Jongin and Kyungsoo, leaning against the closed door. "Did you hear us too?"

"Kind of," Jongin answers with a grin and Baekhyun groans, closing his eyes. It's not like he's embarrassed about the fact that he had with Chanyeol yesterday, no. He's only slightly uncomfortable with his friends hearing him moan and scream during the act.

"But it's alright, don't worry. And don't mind Jongdae," Kyungsoo adds, still motionless in Jongin's hold.

"How long do you think he's going to make jokes about it?" Baekhyun questions, and there is no need to specify because everyone understands. It wouldn't be the first time something juicy happened and Jongdae started joking about it, having funny - in Jongdae's own opinion - remarks about the said juicy thing. This is not going to be any different.

"He's not gonna forget it anytime soon," Sehun pipes out, laughing. "Better prepare yourself."

Sighing, Baekhyun closes his eyes and takes Sehun's words to heart, trying to prepare himself for the incoming jokes and stupid remarks. Usually, Baekhyun laughs at Jongdae's comments, but it's not as funny when the jokes are directed at him instead of at soneone else.

"Okay, we're all set, let's go home," Chanyeol exclaims, closing the back of the car and ushering everyone in. 

Baekhyun thought that after spending time with Lu Han, he is over the idol thing and can act normal, but when the singer brings him into a hug, Baekhyun's heart starts beating rapidly again, his whole body covered in sweat suddenly. "It was nice meeting you," Lu Han says casually with a smile. "I hope you'll be here on the comeback stage on Tuesday, along with others," the singer adds, and Baekhyun nods dumbly, managing a smile on his own. He wonders how Sehun was able to talk to Lu Han the first time they had met, since Baekhyun doesn't even have a crush on Lu Han and he feels rather overwhelmed by the singer. They all laughed at Sehun months ago, but it certainly isn't a laughing matter now that Baekhyun is experiencing it too.

They all say goodbye to Lu Han then, everybody wishing him a safe ride back. Minseok and Lu Han look like they are best buds being separated, promising to meet soon, and while they both look rather sad to go different ways, it's completely different to the clear longing and sadness in Lu Han's eyes as he says temporary goodbye to Sehun. The look in Sehun's eyes is very similar, if not exactly the same, and Baekhyun along with everybody turn away and start getting into the car, leaving the two some privacy. 

Their seat arrangement is different this time, with Baekhyun sitting in the back with Minseok because Jongdae and Chanyeol must sit together, ready to discuss work, and Sehun sitting in the second row with Jongin and Kyungsoo. While waiting for Sehun who is still talking with Lu Han, all of them take their seats while cursing about how hot it is in the car and that giving this car leather seats was a stupid idea. Baekhyun completely agrees with Jongdae's ing as his burns even through his clothing when he sits down, muttering a curse on his own. 

A minute later, Sehun says his final goodbye to Lu Han and hugs the singer before getting into the car, ing about the leather seats too. He is ready to close the door and give Chanyeol a green light when the unthinkable happens. 

"Wait," Lu Han says hurriedly and opens the door fully again, startling everyone in the car.

"Wha-" before Sehun can even ask what is going on, Lu Han bends down and cups Sehun's face, slanting their lips together. Sehun is the only one being kissed right now, but every person in the car is probably as shocked as the youngest member by the sudden kiss.

Baekhyun's and Minseok's expressions are matching, both of them looking at the scene with mouths hanging open. Kyungsoo looks like he is having a dialogue with himself in his head, scolding himself for not expecting it while the other self of him is screaming that there was no way he could have foreseen this. Jongin is looking between Sehun and Lu Han and then everyone, silently asking if they are as shook as him, but nobody meets the dancer's gaze, being too occupied by watching the two of their friends kissing. Then there is Chanyeol whose big eyes are even wider now, ready to fall out of his eye sockets, his mouth hanging open similar to Baekhyun's and Minseok's. Jongdae was the only one who managed to snap out of his shock and quickly took out his phone and snapped of a photo.

When Lu Han pulls away, his cheeks are a slight shade of pink - unlike Sehun's, whose face is fiery red - and with a nervous chuckle he says, "Uhm, well.. see you soon... And message me when you get home. Yeah.. Bye," before closing the car door, turning on his heel and quickly walking away in the direction of his car that is parked just a few meters away.  

There is a silence in the car for a moment, everyone just wondering if that just really happened. But after those few seconds, the car erupts in wild screams and remarks, Jongdae and Baekhyun shaking with Sehun while Jongin ruffles his hair. Sehun would have probably told the to stop already if he still wasn't gone from the kiss, but since his brain is still not working, he lets his friends do whatever they want to do with him.

"Hey, hey!" Jongdae brings his hands up, silencing everyone. They look at the man in question and a grin splits Jongdae's face in two as he unlocks his phone and shows off the picture of the kiss that he was quick enough to take. Everybody is silent for another second, admiring the picture before erupting into laughter after seeing the photo, Sehun's eyes wide and face red like never before while Lu Han is cupping his cheeks and pressing his lips against Sehun's.

Baekhyun laughs also, but the laughter is soon replaced by a fond smile when he sees Sehun's lovestruck expression, happiness written all over his face as he grins into his lap, cheeks still burning. He looks like a teenager that just got their first kiss, and Baekhyun can't help but find it more than adorable. 

Also, Baekhyun is glad that Lu Han took the matter in his own hands and kissed Sehun because if he didn't, Sehun would have never find the courage, Baekhyun is sure of that. 

 

 

The ride back isn't as wild as the ride here with Jongdae and Chanyeol talking about work, Kyungsoo and Jongin sleeping, Sehun listening to music and looking out of the window with the same giddy expression, and Minseok texting with the receptionist that had to take his place while Minseok is away. Baekhyun finds himself bored and soon he falls asleep too, curling up on his seat.

When they are back in Seoul after two hours, Baekhyun just faintly registers people leaving the car and saying goodbye, still half-asleep. He mumbles something back that is hardly considered a goodbye, but he is to sleepy to care.

Baekhyun's home is the last stop, and when Chanyeol announces that they are already here, Baekhyun has a hard time opening his eyes fully, his eye-lids feeling more than a little heavy. Once he opens his eyes though, Baekhyun finallx comes to his senses when he see the car empty, only Chanyeol and him inside. Then, Baekhyun remembrs that everyone has left already.

"Come on, you can sleep at home," Chanyeol smiles at him from the front seat, then opening the door and walking out. For a momemt, Baekhyun's eyes close again, but they soon open when he feels a faint touch on his hand. "Should I carry you up? Are you still hurting?"

"No, I can take care of myself," Baekhyun mumbles, making Chanyeol laugh. I really like your laugh, Baekhyun thinks and opens his eyes, feeling the need to see this smile, not just hear it.

Chanyeol's face is just milimeters away from his, and Baekhyun finds himelf getting lost in those big, pretty-shaped eyes. He has always been a er for pretty eyes, but Chanyeol's are a whole new level of perfect.

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol whispers his name in this perfect, deep voice, rubbing Baekhyun's hand with his thumb gently.

"Hm?"

"Will you date me?" the questions is asked, and Baekhyun doesn't wait a second before he starts laughing loudly, covering his mouth with his free hand.

Chanyeol just stares at him, waiting until Baekhyun calms down patiently. "Are you serious?" Baekhyun gets out while laughing, looking into Chanyeol's eyes. "After yestersay, you still need to ask?"

"I want to make sure," Chanyeol's serious yet really gentle tone makes him pause, and he stops laughing, a fond smile replacing his laughter instead. Cupping Chanyeol's face, he leans it and kisses Chanyeol slowly, not deepening the kiss, just sliding his lips against Chanyeol's.

When they break apart, Baekhyun rests his forehead agaibst Chanyeol's, smile not leaving his face. "I will date you, you ."

"It's not really nice to be calling your boyfriend a ," Chanyeol reminds him, his eyes not leaving Baekhyun's as they hold eye-contact, all of their emotions flashing in their orbs.

"Guess you'll have to get over it," Baekhyun whispers before kissing Chanyeol again, locking their lips in a more passionate kiss, the emotions that were being surpressed the whole time finally having a chance to escape.

"I guess."

 

 

They don't see each other until Lu Han's comeback, Chanyeol being too busy to come over. However, it doesn't stop him from calling Baekhyun in a time Baekhyun usually goes to sleep, wishing his lover a goodnight and sweet dreams.

"Are you finished with work?" Baekhyun asks, voice tired. He had a rather rough day at work, and is getting ready to go to sleep even sooner than usual. "Are you going home?"

Chanyeol lets out an equally tired laugh, and Baekhyun can hear papers rusting in the background, along with Jongdae's voice. "I'm not. Still a bunch things to go over."

"You're gonna over-work and faint or something. You should rest," Baekhyun says, worried. He gets that Chanyeol has work to finish, he really understands, but he still isn't alright with the CEO working even during the night.

"Oh, really? Speaking from experience?" comes from the other side of the line, and Baekhyun frowns, embarrassed.

"Shut up," the brunet mutters, not wanting to remind himself that it actually happened to him a few months ago.

"Don't worry, Baekhyun. I'll be alright,"  Chanyeol assures him. "Let's see each other on Tuesday, okay?"

"Okay," Baekhyun agress, nodding his head slightly even though the CEO can't see it.

"Goodnight, I love you," Chanyeol says, voice so full of affection that Baekhyun feels his cheeks heat up. It spunds so honest and so full of love, Baekhyun still can't believe that this is happening, that he is dating Park Chanyeol.

"Goodnight," Baekhyun says back. "I love you too," it rolls off his tongue effortlessly. It sounds so right when he says it, as if those words were created for Baekhyun to say them to Chanyeol.

"Sleep well," after that, Chanyeol ends the call, leaving Baekhyun feel loved like never before as he falls asleep, imagining Chanyeol lying beside him and wrapping his strong arms around Baekhyun's body.

 

Tuesday comes and along with it comes Lu Han's comeback stage.

Baekhyun has seen the music video yesterday already, and he more than loved the new song, downloading it right away. He also took tons of screenshot of the moments Sehun and Jongin appeared on the screen, dancing as perfectly as ever behind Lu Han. However, while the music video was more than perfect and the whole new album along with it, Baekhyun can't wait to see the performance live. 

This time, it's Minseok who picks Baekhyun up, since Chanyeol with Jongdae had to be there sooner. They take Kyungsoo along the way, the cook beaming silently in the backseat during the whole ride. 

"Have you accepted the offer?" Baekhyun asks after a few minutes. "You know, from the Heaven?" 

Baekhyun actually keeps asking every day since Kyungsoo got the offer from the famous, four star restaurant - that being a week now - but Kyungsoo always answers with I don't know yet, not giving Baekhyun a final answer. Kyungsoo has told him that he is having a really hard time with deciding if he should accept the offer or not, being torn between wanting to be a part of such a famous restaurant and wanting to stay in his comfortable zone, working with people he already knows well. 

And thus, Baekhyun expects the same answer as before, but ends up surprised when Kyungsoo says, "I am," his voice not even the slightest bit unsure.

"Really?" both, Minseok and Baekhyun exclaim in unison, but only Baekhyun cranes his neck to look at the cook that is sitting in the back, since Minseok has to keep his eyes on the road. 

"What made you decide?" Minseok asks, being the first one of the two of them to shake of the surprise. 

"I talked to Jongin yesterday," Kyungsoo answers, smiling slightly. Baekhyun grins after hearing that, incredibly happy that the couple has been working on their problems and that they actually started to talk again. Kyungsoo has told him that they had argued a lot with Jongin in the past days, but since both of them were too frustrated by the mere fact that the argument is even there, instead of actually listening to what the other has to say, they just screamed accusations at each other. Baekhyun is glad that it's finally changing. 

"Oh? Did Jongin encourage you to take the offer?" Baekhyun is the one who asks this time.

"Not really," Kyungsoo says after thinking about it for a while. "He just said to do what feels right, but he also said that I'm too good of a cook to not take that offer, but that the decision is still mine in the end," so basically, the same thing everyone way telling Kyungsoo. Baekhyun guesses that the words of your loved one always have much more power than the words of your friends. Baekhyun doesn't feel angry or anything like that, knowing that he did the same in the past.

If his friends have told him to go to a therapist with his problems, he wouldn't go. But since it was Chanyeol who told him, Baekhyun eventually went, no matter how unhappy with it he was at that time. 

"That's really good," Minseok nods, smiling. "Congratulation."

"Don't forget to give us some gift cards or discounts when we decide to go eat to that place. I don't have enough money to go eat there frequently," Baekhyun jokes, but there is still the hint of seriousness in his voice. As much as he is happy for Kyungsoo, he's going to miss his cooking, especially during work when Kyungsoo cooked him delicious lunch every time. 

Although, he can still crash Jongin's and Kyungsoo's place and eat there. 

"Will do," Kyungsoo agrees.

While Baekhyun is incredibly happy for Kyungsoo, he can't help but feel a painful pang in his chest when he thinks about all of his friends either already having their dream job or fulfilling their dreams, doing something with their life, while Baekhyun is still stuck at the same place he's been for years. 

 

There are too many photographers and just simply people everywhere, so when Baekhyun goes to greet Chanyeol, they share just a simply short hug to not raise any suspicion. As much as Baekhyun would like to feel  Chanyeol's lips on his, he knows that he can't with so many eyes on them. Besides, he is sure that there are already tons of photos of them just hugging like that, and remembering that Chanyeol's parents don't like him at all, they surely won't be happy after seeing even these innocent photos of their son hugging someone like Baekhyun. If a kiss was caught on the camera, they would most likely flip. 

"I've missed you," Chanyeol whispers to him during their quick hug, and when they break apart, Baekhyun locks his eyes with Chanyeol's. 

"Me too," and I want to kiss you so bad right now, but I know I can't is left unsaid, but the way Chanyeol's lips curl upward in a what looks like a rather sad smile, Baekhyun knows that not only Chanyeol has somehow understood, but also feels the same, his fingers twitching with need to touch Baekhyun's soft cheek and bring him closer, wanting to taste his lips despite knowing very well how they feel against his own. 

"Have you gotten at least a few hours of sleep?" Baekhyun asks instead, stepping away from Chanyeol a little, not wanting to look like he's way too comfortable in Chanyeol's personal space.

Chanyeol's smile turns guilty as he shakes his head slightly, answering the question with a grimace, "I've slept maybe two hours," he says honestly, receiving a frown for Baekhyun. But before his lover can say something and scold him as if he was Chanyeol's mom, the CEO continues, trying to ease the situation with a joke. "What? Do I not look good?"

Taking in Chanyeol's appearance, the rather formal wear that gives off the impression of unreachable Chanyeol again, Baekhyun doesn't know what to say. Of course Chanyeol looks good, there is no way a god like him could look bad, Baekhyun is sure of it, but the brunet isn't thinking about how the CEO looks in the fancy suit and pants, expensive rollex watch on his hand and even more expensive shoes on his feet. 

"You look tired," Baekhyun says, fighting the urge to bring his hand up and touch the dark circles under Chanyeol's eyes with his thumb. 

"I'm fine, though," Chanyeol brushes off Baekhyun's concern. "It's not like it's the first time I worked over-time like that," hearing that, Baekhyun's mind wanders a few months back to the time when he accused Chanyeol of doing nothing and making money just like that, without any effort. He still feels guilty about saying that, especially now when he knows that while Chanyeol isn't running around all day and serving people in restaurant like Baekhyun, he has a job that is much more stressful.

"That's not fine at all," Baekhyun pouts slightly. If it was possible, he would stop time for Chanyeol so the giant can rest and sleep until he's not tired even the tiniest bit. However, that's not an option, so Baekhyun is just left feeling unsatisfied with how little sleep his lover had in the past two days. 

"Baekhyun," comes Jongdae's voice from behind and before Baekhyun can turn around, Jongdae is throwing himself at the brunet, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun's waist and squeezing the life out of him. "You should greet me too, or is Chanyeol all that you can think about after Saturday night?"

"Can you stop?" Baekhyun sighs but doesn't push Jongdae away, low-key enjoying the backhug after his friend stops squeezing him so painfully.

"No don't," Chanyeol steps in, and Baekhyun looks at him with a confused frown. "I've been listening to his stupid remarks for two days straight, it's your turn now," Chanyeol explains and a devilish smirk forms on his lips when Baekhyun's frown deepens, clearly saying how can you do this to me? 

"Where is Jongin, Sehun and Lu Han? They should have been waiting for us too, right?" Baekhyun asks instead, attempting to turn the conversation elsewhere.

Fortunately, Jongdae takes the bait. "They should have, but Lu Han's manager is kinda y today so they decided to just stay in the changing room or whatever so they won't anger him more," Jongdae says, but then turns to Kyungsoo who is standing nearby along with Minseok but listening to the exchange. "But Kyungsoo can go, Jongin really wants to see him before the stage."

"Really?" Baekhyun really hopes that Kyungsoo is asking if he truly can go visit before the stage because his heart would hurt if Kyungsoo was doubting that Jongin wants to see him before the show starts. 

"Yes, just tell one of the security guys to take you. Say your name and they will know, Jongin made sure," there is the faintest of blushes adoring Kyungsoo's cheeks as the cook nods and goes to one of the security men, and the only word that could describe Kyungsoo at this moment would be cute. It looks like things between Jongin and Kyungsoo are turning back to normal, and Baekhyun couldn't be happier. 

"We should go too already. We can either watch from here," Jongdae points to the place that is currently occupied by tons of people mingling around, and Baekhyun guesses that that's where Lu Han and the rest of the crew will walk through on the stage. "Or, we can go down and watch from under the stage, standing right behind the camera with cameraman, it's your choice."

"Let's go down," Minseok says. "The dance will probably look much better from down there."

"True, let's go," Baekhyun nods and finally breaks out of Jongdae's backhug, instinctively grabbing a hold of Chanyeol's hand before he catches himself and quickly lets go, looking around himself if someone didn't see, or worse, didn't take a picture. Fortunately, everyone is busy with their own job, preparing the stage and making sure that everything is done right before the performance starts.

"Sorry," apologizing, Baekhyun averts his gaze from Chanyeol, rubbing his hands together nervously. Baekhyun has always been a person who loves skinship, and while he was hungry for Chanyeol's touches for some weeks now, after what happened on Saturday Baekhyun can't help but feel even more needy than before. He momentarily forgot that he isn't supposed to be touching Chanyeol like that when they are out in the public eye.

"It's alright," Chanyeol says, seeing Baekhyun's worried expression and wanting to get rid of it right away. However, Baekhyun isn't only worried, there is this horrible feeling in his heart laughing at him that even after they finally got together with Chanyeol, he can't freely touch his lover. 

"Y-Yeah... Just... let's go," Baekhyun stammers out and awkwardly tugs at Chanyeol's suit before he turns around and starts walking after Jongdae, the fabric of Chanyeol's suit clutched between his fingers.

 

When they walk out of the backstage, there are cameras flashing again, but the screaming of the fans adds to it, and Baekhyun feels rather overwhelmed by it all. He has been to concerts before, but he was hundred percent of the time one of the fans, not the person the fans stare at. Baekhyun just wishes that the stage would start already, not only because he wants to see the new songs sung live already along with seeing his friends dance on the big stage, but also because then the gazes and cameras would focus on the main star instead of him. 

However, he feels more at ease when he feels Chanyeol's touch on his back, guiding him to the their spot while Baekhyun is looking at the ground, trying to block out the flashes. Damn Chanyeol and Jongdae for being so well-known. He wonders if Minseok feels the same too, but after taking just once short glance at the receptionist, there are on doubts that Minseok shares his worries, the man sticking to Jongdae closely. 

"Do you want me to tell you a joke so you can relax a bit?" Chanyeol asks quietly, only for him to hear. Baekhyun chuckles immediately even before hearing the joke and looks up at Chanyeol with amusement in his eyes.

"Only if it's a good one," Baekhyun answers, feeling more relaxed just while looking into the CEO's pretty eyes. 

"Okay, so.. A man walks into a zoo," Chanyeol starts. "The only animal in the zoo is a dog," then, Chanyeol looks down at Baekhyun with a grin and Baekhyun can already guess that this is going to be one of the most horrible jokes, but he listens anyway. "It's a zu," Chanyeol ends the joke, looking like a complete idiot while he's grinning at Baekhyun, his eyes wide as he waits for Baekhyun's reaction. 

And Baekhyun laughs, not knowing if what's making him laugh is Chanyeol's face or the fact that the joke was really as terrible as Baekhyun had expected it to be. But, on the other side, after hearing the bad joke, Baekhyun truly feels as if a weight was lifted off his shoulders. It's weird, but it's true. 

"I have another one," Chanyeol says, laughing a little, clearly amused by his own upcoming joke. 

"Let's hear it then."

"What happened after someone stole a calendar from a shop?" 

"What, Chanyeol?"

"They got twelve months."

After that joke, Baekhyun just stares at Chanyeol's dorky face waiting for a reaction. Is this really the man I fell in love with? Baekhyun asks himself, but it takes him mere two seconds of silent eye-contact, and the brunet erupts in a loud laughter along with Chanyeol, dying out into a giggle after a while. 

"Are you two done?" Jongdae turns around and asks, pulling them along so they are standing behind a cameraman, having just enough of both Baekhyun and Chanyeol and their stupidity. "Chanyeol's jokes are lame," he states then, catching everyone's attention. "I have a better one," Jongdae doesn't even wait for encouragement, he just starts saying the joke, "Do you know what happens when you get shampoo in your mouth while singing in the shower?"

"Why would I-"

"Do you know?" 

"No."

"It becomes a soap opera," Jongdae finishes his joke with a proud smile, and Baekhyun and Minseok share a desperate look while Chanyeol is laughing madly along with Jongdae, clearly enjoying the terrible pun. 

"This was a horrible welcome," when they hear Kyungsoo's voice, everyone turns and looks at the cook who is looking at Chanyeol and Jongdae, totally unimpressed. Baekhyun expected him to be with Jongin longer, but then when the light go out and change completely, Baekhyun guesses that a lot of time  must have passed while he was listening to the terrible puns. 

Everyone turns to the stage and Baekhyun swears that he becomes deaf when the fans start screaming and yelling uncontrollably when Lu Han and his back-up dancers walks in, taking their positions on the stage. Lu Han waves at the audience before he gets into the position too, flashing a beautiful smile at Baekhyun and the rest along with Jongin and Sehun who are right behind him. Baekhyun can't help but smile back, happiness bubbling in his stomach upon seeing his friends standing on the stage, fulfilling their dreams. 

The music starts, and the fanchants starts along with it, but Baekhyun's mind ignores it, focusing only on his friends on the stage and Lu Han's melodic voice filling up the room. The song is extremely hype, and Baekhyun would lie if he said that it's not making him feel like dancing too. But he is really not that good of a dancer, so he satisfies himself with watching his friends moving perfectly up on the stage, Jongin and Sehun giving it their all. 

Baekhyun notices that both of his friends have make-up on and they are all styled up, hair and clothes perfect. They look serious, focusing on the dance entirely, Jongin sometimes flashing a y look when the camera is on him, and Baekhyun glances at Kyungsoo to see his reaction, laughing when the cook's doe eyes are looking at his boyfriend in complete awe. 

The whole stage is perfect. The lights, Lu Han's singing and moves, the moves of the back-up dancers, the whole song and choreography is just amazing, and Baekhyun finds himself more than amazed. And when he glances at the other, he knows that he isn't alone.

 

--

 

After the comeback performance is over, all five of them go back to the backstage to congratulate Lu Han, Sehun, and Jongin for an amazing job, drowning them in compliments and hugs. They actually have time to talk now, Lu Han's manager being calmer after the whole show is over, which all of them appreciate. Since Minseok, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun weren't able to meet Lu Han after the camping trip, they take the time to about the kiss he gave Sehun in the car before fleeing now, making Sehun blush when he hears his friends mentioning the kiss. However, they can't be too loud about it because people around them can hear, and none of them would want to cause Lu Han trouble. 

For a while, Lu Han has to leave because his manager wants to talk to him, but the rest of them continues to talk, patiently waiting for the star singer to return. Between their chatting a female dancer comes to view, interrupting their conversation politely. Baekhyun looks her over without thinking twice about it, and her face looks cute, with big eyes and plump limp. She is rather short so when she stands so close to the taller member of their friends group, she looks tiny. "Hey!" she chirps, standing between Jongin and Sehun. "Would you like to go to a party with us, Kai, Sehun? I heard that there is going to be the guy that made a choreography for Tao once!" she looks the the two dancers, and Baekhyun snorts quietly. Are people actually calling Jongin by his stage name? It doesn't sound so bad, but still.

"Oh, really? Then-" Jongin looks excited, but he stops mid-sentence as if remembering something. The dancer looks to the side, and Baekhyun follows his line of vision, his eyes falling on Kyungsoo. The cook is looking between the girl and Jongin, and Baekhyun can see the emotions swirling in his big eyes. Everyone quietens down and there is sudden tension in the air that everybody beside the female dancer can feel, the girl unaware of what's been happening between Kyungsoo and Jongin lately. 

Jongin then looks back at the girl and says, "I've already promised Kyungsoo that we will celebrate together-"

"No, it's okay," Kyungsoo speaks up, giving Jongin an obviously forced smile. "I'll just go home and sleep, I'm quite tired anyway," liar, Baekhyun thinks. Kyungsoo told him not so long ago that he has too much energy and just wants to go home and celebrate with Jongin, hopefully staying up all night. "Uhm, I'll go now... Have fun," people would be deaf if they didn't hear how strained Kyungsoo's voice is, and how it breaks on the last word. 

"Amazing! Let's go then!" the girl says, totally oblivious, tugging at Jongin's arm. 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo turns around, ready to leave, and Baekhyun is ready to punch Jongin, but then the dancer's voice stops him, "I really can't," Jongin declines the offer, and Kyungsoo turns back with wide eyes, as if he wasn't expecting this coming out of Jongin's mouth. There is silence between the rest of them as they wait for Jongin's next words. "I'm sorry, but I want to celebrate with my boyfriend. Maybe next time."

"Oh, okay. Enjoy your evening," the girl nods, not pushing Jongin to accept the offer. Instead, while Jongin and Kyungsoo are having an eye-contact that is surely cut out of a cheesy drama, the female dancer turns to Sehun and asks if Sehun is going to join. When Sehun says that he can't because he already has plans also, she bids all of them goodbye and leaves, skidding over to her friend that has been waiting for her the whole time a few meters away. 

Baekhyun wonders if the girl even knows that thanks to her, Jongin has finally opened his eyes and saw what's truly important.

"So," Jongdae starts. "Sehun, does your plans involve Lu Han?"

"Maybe," the youngest mutters, scratching the back of his neck. This seems to ease the mood and they are laughing again, Kyungsoo back to his beaming self and Jongin smiling fondly at his boyfriend. Baekhyun notices the gaze, and his smiles softens also. Finally.

 

 

In the end, all of them go their separate way, celebrating in pairs. Jongin and Kyungsoo are the first one to leave, holding hands and blocking out everything else as they walk out of the building. Jongdae and Minseok leave after them, Jongdae asking Minseok out for late dinner, which Minseok accepts gladly when his stomach grumbles. They are followed by Chanyeol and Baekhyun who disappear next, however instead of having a dinner outside, they decide to just eat inside of Baekhyun's apartment, both of them craving for each others' touches and affection. 

The last ones to leave are Sehun and Lu Han, and from the photo Baekhyun got from Sehun an hour later, the two end up at Lu Han's place, having a fancy dinner on Lu Han's balcony under the stars. Baekhyun's grin splits his face in two when his eyes focus on Sehun's and Lu Han's intertwined fingers, and he doesn't hesitate before showing the picture to Chanyeol who is stuffing his mouth with food right beside him. 

 

--

 

When Chanyeol gets home rather late after leaving Baekhyun's falt, he is surprised to find his father sitting in the kitchen with a glass of wine, playing with an envelope in his hand other hand. Chanyeol glances at his watch to check the time, and his eyes widen when he realizes how late it exactly is. "Father, why are you not sleeping? It's already 1:24," Chanyeol says, going to the sink to pour himself a glass of water. 

Chanyeol expects an answer, but his father is silent, just taking small sips of his wine from time to time, not even looking at his son. The man is just staring into his glass, eyes focused on the red liquid as he continues to play with the envelope. From this silence, Chanyeol feels uneasy, having a bad feeling about this situation. 

"What is in the envelope?" daring to ask, Chanyeol puts the now-empty glass on the counter and leans his back against it then, his fingers gripping the the kitchen pult tightly because despite his steady tone, he is starting to feel not only uneasy but extremely nervous. His father's posture is telling him that his fear and nervousness is not out of place, and it makes Chanyeol's heart beat faster because he doesn't know what to expect. 

"Father-"

"Do you want to ruin our family, Chanyeol?" the tone his father uses is calm, but Chanyeol knows that inside, his father is anything but. The fire in the man's eyes speaks volumes, and Chanyeol gulps as he tries to understand what's happening. What does his father mean by the question? How is he ruining their family now? Lu Han's comeback was a complete success and all the work has been done perfectly, Chanyeol being extra perceptive of every little detail. 

"I'm afraid I don't understand," Chanyeol says, gulping. There is so much tension in the air that Chanyeol is starting to have a hard time breathing, but he wants to seem unaffected in front of his father, not showing any weakness, just as he was taught. However, it's hard when Chanyeol's father finally looks at him, the poisonous gaze piercing right through Chanyeol's defense walls. 

"I told you that I don't want you to associate with Byun Baekhyun, but you didn't listen to me," his father speaks up after a beat of silence, and Chanyeol's breath hitches, heart stopping. Why is Baekhyun being mentioned? Chanyeol thought that this topic was already settled - he told his father before that he isn't going to stop meeting up with Baekhyun - so why is the man bringing it up? 

Does he know about them dating? There is no way though, Chanyeol thinks. Yes, Chanyeol is spending a lot of time with Baekhyun and there are rumors going on around them, but there is no way his father would actually know for sure that Chanyeol has gotten together with Baekhyun. 

"He's my frie-"

"Stop lying," Chanyeol is cut off harshly, and it makes him flinch. His father's voice was never pleasant to begin with, but this time it's even colder than usual, venom dripping from his words. "He's not just your friend, so quit with these stupid lies," he continues, and Chanyeol clenches his jaw, drowning in cold sweat suddenly. How does he know that Chanyeol is lying? He's been careful with Baekhyun. Yes, he was touchy and the skinship wasn't subtle either, but that's it. His father would never jump to conclusions without having a proof that there is definitely something more between them.

"H-He is," trying to make his father believe in his words would be easier if he didn't stutter and his voice didn't sound so small and pathetic. Anybody could see that Chanyeol is now being more than nervous. He is scared for his life, questions racing through his mind. What does his father know? How does he know? Did that er Siwoon tell him? No, he wouldn't, he is too afraid of Chanyeol to actually go and tattle to his father... or is he?

Without a word, Chanyeol's father puts down the envelope he had been playing with the whole time, sliding it across the table to Chanyeol and gesturing for his son to take it. Chanyeol walks over to the table with his legs feeling like jelly, taking the envelope with trembling fingers. What is in the envelope? And why is Chanyeol too afraid to just open it and look, fear making him unable to move? 

When Chanyeol just keep starting at the envelope, his father urges him, tired of waiting for Chanyeol to come back to his senses. "Open it, now," he orders, putting the glass with wine on the table with a little too much force, startling Chanyeol. His father loves his expensive edition of wine glasses too much to handle them without such little care like he is doing now, and Chanyeol knows that this is more than serious when the sound of glass making a contact with the table echoes through the house loudly. It's a miracle that the glass didn't break. 

Biting his lip, Chanyeol opens the envelope, his hand shaking as he pulls out what's inside. From the texture, Chanyeol knows it's photos. His heart stops again, his mind wandering to the worst possible option. No, no, no, he keeps repeating in his head, praying to higher powers that it's not what he thinks it is, that this is not what all the signs are pointing at. Gulping once more and pulling the photos out of the envelope completely, his eyes widen at the sight. 

They are not just any photos. They are photos of him and Baekhyun kissing inside the rented car on Sunday when Chanyeol brought the brunet home, and they finally established that they are in a romantic relationship. The photo is high quality, making both Chanyeol and Baekhyun very recognizable as their lips are locked together in a heated kiss. From the angle, the person who took the photo had to be standing across the street, but Chanyeol swears there was nobody on the street at that time. Or was there?

There are more photos. Aside from two photos where they are kissing, there is one photo of Chanyeol handing Baekhyun his backpack, and then there are three solo photos of Baekhyun as he's walking toward the entrance of his apartment building, one of the three photos focused on the side of Baekhyun's neck that is covered in hickeys. 

Chanyeol feels like fainting as he looks through the photos, his hands shaking even more than before as his whole world starts crumbling down, his blood running cold. He is able to hear heart's rapid pounding in his own ears, and his head is about to burst from the loudness. His mouth is dry, breathing uneven, and he swears that even his vision is getting blurred. 

This can't be possible, Chanyeol thinks. He was so careful, always so careful. How come that someone managed to snap a picture of them right after they got together? Is fate playing some goddamn game with him, ruining his life when he finally gets what he was needing for so long?

"What is Byun Baekhyun to you?" Chanyeol hears the old man's voice even through all his thoughts, but he is unable to look into his father's eyes, his gaze glued to the photos in his trembling hands. "Is he another play toy of yours? Is he one of those gold diggers going after your money, giving you pleasure in exchange?"

"No!" Chanyeol has never yelled at his father, he has never even raised his voice at the man, but hearing him talk about Baekhyun like that just made Chanyeol snap for a second. Nobody should talk about Baekhyun like that, since the brunet is everything but a gold digger going after his money, or a . Chanyeol isn't even able to associate those words with Baekhyun. Baekhyun is feisty, rather mouthy most of the time, and also very moody, but he is also cute and shy and caring. He has never cared about himself as much as he cares about others, and not once has he mentioned a thing about Chanyeol's money in that way. For god's sake, Chanyeol wanted to have with the brunet for months and the man let him in just a few days ago. Baekhyun is nowhere near a gold digger. 

"Then what is he?!" Chanyeol's father raises his voice as well, standing up from his char and hitting the table with his fist so hard that the glass with wine loses its balance and falls, shattering on the table as the red liquid spills. "If you tell me that the filthy piece of trash is something more than that, I swear to god, Chanyeol-"

"Don't call him that!" the anger engulfs Chanyeol and he doesn't hesitate before cutting of his father, not even realizing that it's the first time in his life that he stood up to his father in any way and even interrupted him mid-sentence. Blinding by the anger and seeing red as his father's disgusting insult echoes in his ears, he continues. "So what if he's more than just a casual hook-up? What are you gonna do with it?"

"You ing-" Chanyeol's father reaches out and slaps Chanyeol so hard that the CEO, despite being a handful of centimeters taller, stumbles and the photos fall from his hand, scattering all over the kitchen marble floor. Chanyeol's hand flies up and he cups his hurting cheek, wincing at the pain. It's the first time in years that Chanyeol's father slapped him. The last time was when Chanyeol told him about being biuals, and that was truly years ago. "Your mother was too soft on you, and then this is how grow up - sleeping around with men shamelessly and then even going as far as dating some poor !" his father screams into his face, face red with anger. Chanyeol doesn't even have time to remind his father not to insult Baekhyun before the man continues, "You are already and adult, and you should be marrying to a wealthy woman in your age, creating a family, but instead you get into a relationship with someone as filthy as him?! Do you have no shame, no pride?! You are taking this whole family down!" 

"Baekhyun isn't filthy! You have no right insulting him like that, you don't even know him!" Chanyeol counters, ignoring all the other things that his father uttered at him, his mind only telling him to defend Baekhyun's name instead of his own. Is he bringing shame upon this family? Does he have no pride? He doesn't care about it, if his father thinks that it's true, then whatever. But he won't let the man insult Baekhyun like that.

"He is a , don't act like you don't know about it, Chanyeol," the man chuckles darkly. "I had him checked. Not only his family is a mess, but he is one too. That man has slept with so many people that he must have lost count-"

"Stop!" Chanyeol doesn't want to hear it. He knows that Baekhyun has slept around in the past, giving his body to many people as if he wasn't worthy of love, as if he was just meant to be screwed over and used as a toy. Chanyeol knows about it, and it makes his blood boil when he imagines how many people took Baekhyun just like that, not feeling any kind of remorse when they left him to wake up alone in the morning after a good . It makes him angry because Baekhyun deserved so much more than this. 

"Why, aren't you fond of hearing the truth? How many times have you slept with him? Or did he wait until you gave him money, and then he spread his legs for you?"

"Baekhyun's not like that!" 

"You two, stop this now!" the loud voice of Chanyeol's mother pierces the room and both of the males look at the woman standing a few meters away from them, dressed in a silk nightrobe and a frown adoring her beautiful features. She is literally fuming and Chanyeol doesn't doubt that she has heard their argument. After all, the two men aren't exactly quiet with their exchange. 

"Are you okay with our name being tarnished like that?" Chanyeol's father is the first one to recover after seeing the woman so frustrated, gesturing accusingly to his son in disgust while making eye-contact with his wife. "It's a shame to have a son like him!"

"Don't use such harsh words!" his mother's voice is high-pitched as she defends her son. "This can be solved calmly, you don't have to-"

"No, it can't be solved calmly," the old man mocks his wife words with a bitter tone before focusing on Chanyeol again, glaring daggers at the CEO. Chanyeol can see the mix of disappointment, fury and determination as his father says, "You will break up with him, that's final. Otherwise I will take matters in my own hands."

After saying that, his father storms out of the room, not sparing Chanyeol's mother a single glance as he walks past her, hands clenched in fists. Chanyeol hears the man's footsteps getting quieter with every step, and when his father reaches his bedroom and shuts the door with too much force, Chanyeol flinches again as the sound echoes through the whole house. 

Sighing, he leans his back against the counter again, bringing his hands up to cover his face. "," he mutters into his palms, taking in a ragged inhale as he tries to steady his breathing and wild thoughts. Suddenly, the quiet is making the voices in his head get louder again, and Chanyeol doesn't even hear his mother coming closer and picking the photos up from the floor, looking through them. He only reacts when the woman grabs his wrists and pulls Chanyeol's hands away from his face, smiling sadly at him. 

"I'm sorry for him, but he doesn't mean it," his mother rubs his wrists in a hope that it will come her son down, but Chanyeol's heart is still beating as fast as before. He does though, Chanyeol thinks without any hint of doubt. And looking into the woman's pretty eyes, Chanyeol knows that his mother doesn't believe in her own words neither. 

His mother brings one of her hands up, caressing Chanyeol's cheek gently as her son looks down at her with a broken and desperate look, asking silently about what he should do. There is sorrow swimming in the woman's teary eyes as she whispers, "You have to let him go, Chanyeol. I'm sorry, but-... but there is no other way."

"Why?" Chanyeol breathes out, his voice breaking. Why would he let Baekhyun go, now when they are finally together, now, when Baekhyun let him in and they are finally happy? Is it because Baekhyun isn't rich? Because his family isn't as powerful as Chanyeol's? Why would he waste away his love just because of that? 

Instead of answering Chanyeol though, his mother just brings him into a hug, her arms wrapping tightly around Chanyeol's waist as she keeps apologizing, breaking Chanyeol's heart even more. 

 

--

 

Baekhyun bids goodbye to his co-workers before walking out of the restaurant with Kyungsoo by his side, their shift finally ending. While both of them like their workplace very much, it's still an incredibly beautiful feeling when their shifts end and they are free to go home and rest their legs that are tired after another day at work. 

"What do you have planned for tomorrow?" Kyungsoo asks casually, writing a quick text to Jongin that he is already leaving work instead of calling his boyfriend. After all, Kyungsoo doesn't want to disturb him because he knows that Jongin is preparing for the stage, having another performance today. Jongin's schedule is really hectic now, since there are many events to attend because of Lu Han's comeback, and the cook decided to do everything in his powers to attend every single one of the stages to see his boyfriend dancing live. That's why his walking is rather fast, making Baekhyun barely keeping up.

"Ah, I have to think about it more. After all, there is only one April 1st every year, it has to be something perfect," already plotting in his mind. This year, it will also be the first time Baekhyun will be able to prank Chanyeol, and it must be a master plan. Maybe he will think of something with Jongdae, since the guy is the king of trolling. Even though Baekhyun is always careful during 1st April, Jongdae always manages to prank him somehow, god knows how he's doing it. 

"If you try something on me, I will-"

"I won't, I won't," Baekhyun quickly interrupts, laughing. Going against Kyungsoo would be the worst possible idea if he wants to keep on living in peace. "I want to do something to Jongin, though."

"He won't be home until late tomorrow," Kyungsoo informs him, Jongin's schedule already remembered.

"Then you  do something, make me proud," Baekhyun nudges Kyungsoo with a devilish grin, knowing that if Kyungsoo wanted than he can even prank Jongdae. Jongin is an easy target, he usually believes in everything he's told anyway. 

"I'll think about it," Kyungsoo nods, but the one corner of his lips that is tugged upwards is telling Baekhyun that he has already made up his mind. "Anyway, I have to turn here to catch the bus, so see you tomorrow," the cook says, pointing to the right where Baekhyun can see the bus stop in the distance if he squints. 

"Oh, okay. Bye. And say hi to Jongin for me," Baekhyun waves at Kyungsoo as they part ways, and Kyungsoo nods again before turning the corner and walking toward the bus stop. Baekhyun watches him for a while with a smile, happy that his friends are the perfect married couple again before he turns and starts walking home again, pulling out his phone to text Chanyeol and ask him if they have time to meet today or not. 

However, he doesn't even finish writing the message as he bumps into someone, immediately looking up from his screen in order to apologize. The man in front of him is broad and tall, dressed in a black suit and pants, and he is looking at Baekhyun with a blank expression that is kind of making the brunet feel uneasy. However, the man is rather handsome, with sharp lines of his face, piercing eyes and dark brown hair.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't-"

"You need to go with me," the man says, cutting Baekhyun off, voice monotone as he reaches out for Baekhyun's elbow. Baekhyun immediately takes a step back, stumbling in the process and almost dropping his phone. 

"What?" he asks, confused. He is hundred percent that he doesn't know the man, so why is the man approaching Baekhyuyn like this? If it's some weirdo asking for a date, this isn't really the way. Not that Baekhyun would accept it anyway, but still. 

"I don't have all day, come on," the man attempts to grab Baekhyun again and this time he succeeds, being quicker than the brunet. Baekhyun tries to get away, but the grip on his wrist is incredibly tight, making it unable to break free. Wincing at the pain from the tight hold, Baekhyun looks up at the man, now not even confused by also a little bit scared. Is this man a kidnapper or something?

"Let me go, or I'll screa-" Baekhyun lets out a pained yelp when the man's fingers tighten around his wrist, his knees buckling, cutting his sentence short. The hold is so painful that Baekhyun's eyes water.

"That wouldn't be very clever," the man comes closer and whispers, still not letting go of Baekhyun. "I don't want to hurt you, so just get in the car without making a scene."

Baekhyun's heart rate quickens upon hearing those words, and he looks around in a hope to catch eyes of a stranger that could possibly help him out, but unfortunately nobody pays attention to him, minding their own business as the mingle through the busy streets. The man seems to notice his desperate silent call for help, and the hold on his wrist becomes bone-crushingly painful after that. "Get in the car," he repeats, and Baekhyun wonders if he really should just scream to get out of this situation. What can the man do to him anyway?

Baekhyun looks to the right where the black car is parked, then in the man's eyes, and then around him as he opens his mouth. "Help m-"

"Wrong choice," the man says before hitting him, the blow that follows subtle and not exactly strong, but it still makes Baekhyun gasping for air, momentarily unable to speak. Hitting him like that, the man knew exactly where he should aim the blow for knocking the air out of Baekhyun.

Before Baekhyun can call for help once more, the man is dragging him away, opening the car door to the car and throwing Baekhyun in, taking the brunet's phone in the process. While Baekhyun is trying to catch his breath, the man in black suit gets in the car, taking the drivers seat and locking the door before Baekhyun can try to escape. "Let me out, this is kidnapping!" Baekhyun screams, then coughing afterwards, still feeling the blow. 

"Just shut up," the man sighs and shakes his head, starting the car while Baekhyun is still trying to open the door, desperate to free himself. "This isn't what you think, so calm down a little, will you? This will be over soon."

"Where are you taking me?" Baekhyun asks quietly, holding his hurt wrist in his other hand. Looking down at it and how re it already is, Baekhyun doesn't doubt that it will bruise. Besides, it still hurts rather bad.

"You'll find out soon," is the answer, just as vague as Baekhyun expected it to be. Still, it makes him afraid for his life because from all the movies he's watched up until now, this sentence isn't a good sign. "And put on the seatbelt, safety first."

Says someone who just almost broke my wrist, thinks Baekhyun, but out of fear of what would happen to him if he didn't listen, he fastens his seatbelt and takes his lower lip between his teeth, biting into it worryingly. What is going to happen to him? Are they going to kill him? Sell him? What did he do?

Looking up, he catches the man's eyes in a rearview mirror, but quickly looks away. The man's gaze is piercing, and it makes Baekhyun scared even more. Maybe he is from mafia? Baekhyun thinks as he glances up once again from behind his lashes. But I didn't do anything to anger someone from mafia, his thoughts continues to eat him up, and with every passing second, Baekhyun is feeling more scared and desperate to escape. 

"You know, I hate this part of the job. It makes me look really bad," the man starts talking casually, searching for Baekhyun's eyes in the mirror. Hearing the man speaking, Baekhyun glances up again, locking his eyes with the man. The brunet is more than confused as to why the man is talking to him like that, as if they were friends. As if he didn't just kidnap Baekhyun and crushed his wrist. "My name's Wu Yifan, but you can call me Kris," he introduces himself. "I'm telling you so you have a name to all the curses you are aiming at me in your mind."

"Nice to meet you," Baekhyun mutters sarcastically, making Wu Yifan, or Kris, or whoever, chuckle. However, the chuckle makes Baekhyun feel a slight wave of calmness as he sees Kris' face change from blank to amused. 

The ride is quiet after that, silence stretching between them, but it's okay because Baekhyun isn't really in a mood to talk. Instead, he wonders what is all this, and what are the possible outcomes of this situation. He would ask Kris, but Baekhyun is sure that he would only get a vague answer like before and thus, asking would be pointless. And so, he just sits on his seat, biting his lip and rubbing his wrist that is already starting to bruise, thinking how much he wants Chanyeol to come out of nowhere to save him and bring him home, the CEO the first person that comes to his mind. 

After maybe twenty minutes, according to the digital clock in the car, the car finally stops and Kris sighs again, unlocking the door and stepping out. Baekhyun has a sudden idea to just run when there is a chance, but before the idea truly forms in his head, Kris is already opening the door for him, telling him to get out. This time, Kris' voice isn't as unpleasant as when he ordered Baekhyun to get in the car a few minutes ago, and Baekhyun would even go as far as telling that the man's voice was rather gentle. What a joke.

When Baekhyun stepped out of the car begrudgingly, he was surprised to find himself standing in front of a grand looking restaurant in the middle of the rather famous streets in Seoul - where Baekhyun never really spend time because even water here would cost him his entire paycheck. Baekhyun doesn't know where he was expecting to end up, but it was most certainly not here. 

He looked at Kris in confusion, searching for answers. 

"You have a meeting here, good luck," Kris states, pointing at the entrance door to the expensive-looking restaurant. "And please don't try to run away, I would be in a big trouble," he adds, running a hand through his hair. Really handsome, Baekhyun thinks with a frown as his eyes jump from Kris to the restaurant entrance. When the word handsome echoes in his mind, Baekhyun's mind immediately wanders to Chanyeol, and he wonders if this Kris is actually a good guy but thinks that acting like a jerk is in or something, just like Chanyeol a few months ago. 

"With whom am I meeting with?" Baekhyun asks instead.

"You'll find out soon. Just go in and tell the receptionist your name, they are already expecting you," Kris says and closes the door behind Baekhyun. Then, he pulls the brunet's phone from his pocket and hands it back to Baekhyun. Baekhyun takes it warily, gripping the phone in his hand and he momentarily thinks of just quickly dialing Chanyeol's number. "By the way, I'm sorry about your wrist," Kris says when he notices the bruising, and Baekhyun follows Kris' gaze and look down at his hand. It indeed looks rather bad. "I didn't mean to hurt you, but we were already late and I didn't want to get in trouble - or get you in trouble."

"What do you mean?" 

"Enough questions. Just go. And by the way, if you think of calling someone, it's useless. The battery is out," after Kris says that, Baekhyun tries to unlock his phone to check and yes, the battery is indeed out. He remembers that it was at thirty-five percent before he was kidnapped, though. What did Kris do? "Anyway, stop standing there and go in," with that, Kris nudges him and gestures to the restaurant, and while Baekhyun is having all kinds of bad feelings about this, he listens. 

He walks over to the entrance and before stepping out, he glances behind his back to see if Kris is still there. It's not very surprising when Kris is watching him while leaning against the car, but Baekhyun still feels disappointed that his last chance to escape is lost. He was told that he is expected, so the moment he steps into the restaurant, there is no way he can escape, right?

Sighing, Baekhyun walks in, closing the door behind himself quietly. Maybe he wasn't scared for his life, he would pay more attention to the beautiful interior, but now, he just wants to get this over with, whatever it is. 

"Hello, sir. Are you looking for a table?" a pretty petite waitress comes up to him, startling Baekhyun for a second. 

Gulping, Baekhyun answers, "I-I'm Byun Baekhyun. I'm expected...?" there is hint of a question to his answer, since he isn't really sure what is happening and if Kris really told him the truth about this whole meeting thing or whatever. 

"Oh, yes. Follow me please," judging by this, Kris didn't lie. 

Baekhyun follows the petite woman through the tables, looking around nervously, his eyes falling on people who are seemingly having a peaceful dinner. This doesn't look like the kidnapping Baekhyun has seen on television at all.

"Here is your table, sir. Your companion is already waiting for you. Have a good evening," she says after gesturing to the table by the window where a rather old man is sitting, sipping his wine between the bites of his dinner. Baekhyun would ask if this isn't some kind of mistake, but Kris said that this is a meeting of some kind, so Baekhyun thinks that he is most likely supposed to meet up with the man sitting alone by the window. 

Well, there goes nothing. 

Baekhyun thanks the waitress and slowly walks over to the table, his legs moving with difficulty. With every step, he feels more nervous and there is a second where Baekhyun just thinks of running away, but then the man looks up and their eyes meet. Now, when Baekhyun is noticed, he knows that he can't just flee. 

And so, he comes closer, standing in front of the man that is looking at him unimpressed, looking him up with a hint of distaste in his eyes that doesn't escape Baekhyun. Under such gaze, Baekhyun feels incredibly small. 

However, the man's face looks really familiar, Baekhyun just can't put his fingers on where he has seen him.

"You must be Byun Baekhyun, am I right?" the old man speaks up, and Baekhyun gulps, playing with his fingers, something he always does when he is too nervous. 

"Yes, sir."

"Well, you finally arrived then," the man says and stands up from his chair, extending a hand toward Baekhyun. Baekhyun takes it and winces slightly when the man shakes with it rather harshly, his wrist still hurting from Kris' hold a few minutes ago. The man in front of him doesn't seem to care, even though it's clear that he knows about Baekhyun's injury because his eyes linger on the bruised skin for a while. "I'm Park Junhoo, Chanyeol's father." 

The nice to meet you doesn't come even when Junhoo sits down and takes a sip of his wine again, and Baekhyun thinks that this is worse than actual mafia kidnapping he has seen in television.