The Thing About The Past and Its Memories

Perfectly Imperfect

 

Author Note: (---- Flashback Begins.  ---- Flashback Ends) And also sorry for such a late update, I have no excuse except and sorry for such a short chapter.

                                                                                                                                    

 

Myungeun is an idiot. And not because Jiyeon says so but because she herself believes so.

Because nobody in their right mind, would call the guy that they were in love with, who also had a girlfriend might she add, to come and pick her up. No one would but she was desperate and everyone else was busy and it was cold and she had missed the last bus of the night.

And she was a little bit tipsy.

When she sees his car, with her head bowed she walked towards the car and climbs into the passenger seat and clasps on her seat belt, awaiting her scolding.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He begins.

“I am sorry.” She says, head still bowed.

He sighs. “You can’t keep doing this, Myungeun. I can’t take care of you forever. Do you know how worry I was when I found out you went out alone anyone? Why do you keep making me worry about you? You need to grow up and stop making people scared.”

“I am-.” She goes to say but is cut off.

“Please stop saying sorry, just stop saying and doing things that scare me. My life is already messed up as it is.” He puts the car into drive and branches out on the road. “Learn that your actions have consequences.”


 

----

Lee Mijoo is a bad influence.

Because Yoo Jiae says so and oh, she also has
many evidence as to why she is, evidence of things she herself would never even think about, let alone do.

Today was just another one of those days. Except, it wasn’t.

It was the day Jiae turned fifteen years of age.

What was meant to be a small gathering of only teenage girls, who had just recently gone through puberty and were moving from the stage of training bras to grown women bras as they had named it had turned into a full out party with beer they shouldn’t have been drinking and boys that shouldn’t have been there.

And it was all because Mijoo knew how to get her way.

Yoo Jiae would deny any accusations of being a spoiled brat, whose family had too much money because no one could beat Lee Mijoo when it came to getting whatever her little fourteen years old heart desire and that was, making her parents leave town for the weekend with fake innocent smiles of ‘its just going to be us girls, watching a movie and eating junk food to celebrate Jiae turning fifteen, nothing to worry about.’

The girls only get together that quickly turned into a full out party with boys, that shouldn’t have been there. Group of boys including the one with the gummy smile and the pale skin.

Lee Mijoo is a bad influence.

But maybe this time, Jiae can enjoy her bad ideas and put her gift of flirtation to good use. And if she did smack Jisoo on the back of her head for her unnecessary comment of ‘what gift of flirtation’ she blames it on the alcohol - though she hadn’t
drank any.

“He is too tall,” Yein says

“For Jiae and Soojung senior maybe.” Jisoo comments and yet again receives another smack, this time on the back of her arm.

Lee Soojung who is half asleep and leaning against the Namjoon frowns and says, “I am not short. I am fun size.”

“Yes, you are.” Namjoon tease. She is too weak to reprimand him so she lets it go.

“I am doing it.”

“What's stopping you?”

“Nothing, wish me luck.” She says before beginning her walk towards
gummy smile.

Just as she reaches him, he turns, gummy smile in place and says, “Took you long enough.”

“Oh?” She questions.

“Min Yoongi.” He says.

“Yoo Jiae.” She smiles.

----
 

“Why did you come back?” She asks, afraid to make eye contact with the male seated across from her.

Grandma Min had invited her over to have tea, stating that she missed having her around and that Yoongi was home and wanted to see her, and even though she knew that was a lie after their encounter at school she still came only to be given the excuse of ‘Something came up at the office. I will be back in two hours, just chat with Yoongi’ and she was gone leaving them behind at the dining table, sitting across from each other.

It had been about thirty minutes of avoiding eye contact, before Jiae finally spoke up, asking the one question that had been bothering her for a while since he came back. She knows he isn’t going to say it was because of her, she is just curious.

“Why?” He looks up from his back and forth texting with Mark.

Shrugging, Jiae takes a sip of her soda before placing it back on the marble dining table. “Just curious.”

“Well, it wasn’t because of you.” He says without hesitation. Good going Min Yoong, just keep trying to make her hate you even more than she already does. “I got a job back here and decided to take it and I missed Granny.”

Jiae smiles. “Yeah, I missed it here.”

“Why did you stop coming around?” Jiae looks up at him as though he is stupid. “My grandmother has nothing to do with me.”
“She and this place remind me too much of you.”

 

----

“Seokjin oppa.” Myungeun runs into his arms as soon as he walks around his car to reach where she stood with his sister and her cousin.

“You guys couldn’t wait five more years, could you?” He says, holding onto her. Jiyeon makes an attempt to speak but is cut off with a wave of his hands. “Mom and Dad aren’t home, but you three are in trouble.

Hanging their heads low, Jimin guides Jiyeon to the back seat and Seokjin seats Myungeun in the front, clasping her seat belt on, before getting in the driver seat and clasping his on as well.

Putting his car into drive, he reverses out of the Lees Parking Space and branches out on the road that leads to home.

“If any of you throw up in the car, you are dead.” He says but the two in the back are already asleep, head leaning against each other.

Meanwhile, Myungeun is busy with staring at him, almost forgetting how to blink.

“Can I help you, cutie?” He asks, making a right turn. She keeps quiet and continues to stare. “Is there something on my face?”

“Nope, just handsomeness.” She says. Jiyeon snorts in her sleep.

“Oh, really?” He asks

“I like you, oppa.” She says before she can bite her tongue.
stills on the steering wheel but he pretends that it doesn’t affect him.hands His

“I like you too.”

She shakes her head to signal no, “I meant that I like you, oppa. Maybe even love you.”

“You are too young to know what love is.” He says.

“Do you even like me a little?”

Before he can reply, his phone chimes signaling a new message. “Get that for me, please.”

Without a word, she grabs the phone and the message she sees makes her heart drop from her chest down to her stomach.

“What is it?”

“Uncle and Aunty are in the hospital.”

 

----