The Thing About Confessions

Perfectly Imperfect

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Message: Here is Chapter Eight. I don't like this chapter despite spending two weeks on it but hopefully, you all do. Happy Reading.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

September 15, 2014. 12:40 P.M

“Stop staring.” Taehyung says sliding into the seat next to Jimin whose new favorite show was apparently ‘The Kim Jiyeon’s Show’ cause he couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

Taehyung has been watching him watch her all day and while that may sound creepy, Taehyung would like to think that it's for a good reason because despite the words of ‘I am not staring.’ every time he caught the older boy, Taehyung knew what he was doing was what exactly that and he needed to stop. 

Again he says, “I am not staring.”

“Yeah, sure and you are apparently a too.”

Jimin turns to shoot him a grin. “It's not my fault I can get some while you are so hung over a g- oh shoot.” He stops short, and grabs Taehyung, pulling him out of the cafeteria.

“What the hell dude.” Taehyung questions when they are out of the cafe, for what he knows is a stupid reason. “Just because she may have caught you staring doesn’t mean you have to drag me along with you.”

The older boy ignores him and instead chooses to look back into the cafeteria, but when Taehyung attempts to look back in, Jimin grabs his face forcing him to look at him and only him. “Pay attention to me, dude.”

“Are you two gonna kiss?” A voice questions and they both jerk away from each other. “I mean I wouldn’t care but kissing can ruin friendships.”

“Shut up, Jungkook.” They both hiss. Jungkook shrugs.

“Why are you two out here anyway?”

“Jimin was caught staring at Jiyeon, so he dragged me along on his escape,” Taehyung says attempting to head back to his lunch, which he actually wanted to finish before the bell rang but he is yet again stopped by Park Jimin. “What is your problem?”

“I just wanted to ask for help on how to confess to Jiyeon,” Jimin says. “I think I may have feelings for her.” He adds quickly

Both Jeongguk and Taehyug couldn’t believe that the day had finally come. The day where Park Jimin would realize that he had feelings for Kim Jiyeon.

“Good luck hyung, maybe she will say yes,” Jungkook says and he doesn’t know why- who was he kidding, he wanted to get someone angry. “Like Sujeong just did.”

Jimin shoots him a glare and says, “You are such an . I drag him out of there so he wouldn’t see it and you just had to go and open your damn mouth.”

“Um, Sujeong said yes to who?” Taehyung asks, turning around to stare at the girl who was oblivious and chattering with Jiyeon.

“Kim Mingyu. He asked her out.” Jungkook answers.

“Shut up Jungkook.“ Jimin grits out before giving Taehyung his full attention with a smile - a smile of pity. “Are you alright.”

Taehyung nods, “I am cool. Super cool. Um Yeah, f-finish l-lu-lunch.” Without another word, he walks back into the cafeteria.

Jimin follows but not before clapping Jungkook on the back of the head for being such a brat.

 

---------------

September 15, 2014. 1:15 P.M.

“Skipping class is my new thing, apparently.” The black haired girl says to herself as seating herself on the cold hard grown under the old tree located in the back of the school (her hiding place as she likes to call it). Taking a deep breath in, she grabs the book given to her by Jisoo for her seventeenth birthday.

She is distracted though and she knows the reason why. She is distracted by the look on Jungkook’s face after he had told her, “Jung Yein. I am in love with you. I just thought you should know.” And without a single word, she had on her heels on ran out of a party meant to celebrate her turning seventeen and no matter how much she tried to put his broken down face and eyes that looked as though someone had gone and ripped his heart right out of his chest, she couldn’t

But she was trying. She was getting there.

Finally breaking away from her thoughts of him, a moment of peace takes over until a stack of notebooks is dropped onto her lap. Looking up, she wishes she could run away again and not have to face the said boy wide smile. The same boy she had run out on after his confession just a few days ago, disappearing and not telling anyone - other than Sujeong - where she went

“Jun-.” She begins.

He waves his hands at her, “ I took notes for you while you were gone. Glad to see you are okay.” His words sound nice, like the smile etched on his face-the fake one that doesn’t reach his eyes, Yein realizes.

“I am sorry.”

“Okay.” He seats himself in front of her. “Are you still coming to the swim meet?”

Yes, she is. She thinks but as she attempts to put her answer into words, her phone chimes and she is too afraid to look at it because she knew who was texting her.

“Sorry-.”

She is cut off yet again. “Nice try, Yennie. You have to come. I deserve that much.”

“There it is.”

“I really don't want to fight,” He breathes out, “ I just want my best friend at my swim

meet. I understand that I made you uncomfortable but you don’t get to ignore me after leading me on and making me think you felt something. You don’t have the right to run away not telling me where you went.”

“And I-.”

“Stop,” He interrupts again, “Let me speak. I don’t want an answer right now. Just please don’t give me an answer now, just come to my swim meet, please.”

She hears herself say, “ Fine”. And knew she was going to regret saying yes.

Again her phone chimes and she knows. She knows its the same person.

A text from someone with a strong dislike towards her.

Someone who holds a big secret in her hands.

The same person who made her run away.

 

---------------

A few days earlier - Yein’s Birthday

Birthdays are important especially when you are still in your teens when its very important as her mother used to say, ‘Because once you reach the age of thirty, birthdays loses its importance because it isn’t long until you are halfway to a hundred so before you reach the stage of sitting in front of the tv watching old romance movies and stuffing your face with all the junk food you shouldn’t be eating, enjoy it now.’

But despite how many times her mother spoke that rehearse words, birthdays were not her favorite thing. Yein didn’t like her birthday.

In fact, she hates it.

Every single one of her birthdays never ceases to amaze and traumatize her. All her birthdays were meant for surprises apparently and not the surprise party kind that her friends and brother spend money on that they didn’t earn, on alcohol they shouldn’t be drinking.

Her Birthday has always been one with surprises.

On her twelve birthday, her father gave to her, a slap in her mothers’ face because she had disagreed with him.

Thirteenth Birthday. She lost her mother in a car accident.

Fourteenth Birthday. The worst part of her life began.

Fifteenth Birthday. Her older brother pushed her out of the house and into the hotel their family owned.

Finally, just last year on her sixteenth birthday, she lost her ity-she wanted to but its the person she lost it to that was the amazing part and it was all thanks to alcohol and feelings she was pretending not to have for someone else.

This Year, the surprise party that she ends up knowing about days before it is to occur, is at Lee Mijoo’s residence- whose parents aren’t out of town but instead at a hotel a few minutes away- and she knows that other than the surprise party, something big is

bound to happen. Fixing her black jacket over her all black shirt and skirt, she walks into her already in session birthday.

Not wanting to be noticed just yet, she makes her way through the bodies of people-she is certain she knows none of them- to get to the Lee’s newly renovated kitchen.

“You have to tell her,” Are the words Yein hear fall from the lips of a voice she knows too well, as she reaches for the door. She knows she is eavesdropping and she knows it's rude but she can't help leaning against the wall to hear what is going on and who she is talking to.

The other person doesn’t say anything, so Sujeong continues, “If you don't, I will. You can’t keep this hidden anymore.”

The other person sighs and just as he opens his mouth to comment, Yein is drag away from the door.

“Hello, Jung Yein”

“What do you want, Taehyung.”

Taehyung grins, “I believe we have been taught that eavesdropping is a form of disrespect.”

“Good to know,” Yein grabs his drink out of his hands and takes a sip. “Do you know who Jungkook likes?”

Taehyung tilts his head to the left, his playful expression changing to one of total amusement. “Why are we so curious?”

Before she can respond her practice answer of, ‘Just curious’ she is yet again pulled away, this time coming face to face with Jeon Jungkook.

“I have to tell you something.” Oh no.