The Thing About First Love

Perfectly Imperfect

The Thing About First Love is that it never really goes away because it's not about the first person you kissed or the first person you dated. It has nothing to do with the first person who you opened your heart to, it's simply one person that has a complete hold of it and the one person you always compare others to. But it's best to remember that first love is all wonderful until that first heartbreak that changes you completely.

June 26, 2014, 3:30 P.M

Kim Jiyeon sat down at her bedroom table, papers all over her desk as she wrote in what seemed to be a diary. So immersed in her writing, she is unaware of the tall, wide shouldered guy standing at her doorway.

“Is Yeonie doing homework or writing about her crush on a certain boy?” He questions with a grin gracing his features.

“Shut it, Seokjin.” She speaks doesn't look up to face him.

“I am older than you.” He says walking towards her bed

She turns to watch him drop onto her bed, and grimace seeing he still has shoes on, “Act your age then.”

“Whatever, I am going to take a nap.” He covers his entire body

A few seconds later Myungeun walks through the door.

“Yah, why don't you ever answer your damn phone?”

Jiyeon ignores her and goes back to her writing.

Myungeun becomes annoy, but then smirked noticing the body under the blankets, “That wouldn't someone of the opposite gender, would it?

“Find out for yourself.” Jiyeon says, full attention still on her diary.

Myungeun walks towards the bed and sits on the figure, but there is no movement for about two minutes.

“Did you gain some weight, Myungeun?” Came Seokjin voice as he rises up from the bed causing her to slide down all the way to his feet.

Shock would have been an understatement to describe what the young girl was feeling seeing the older boy, his signature smile on his face. He moves closer to her face and pokes her forehead before messing with her hair which she had spent an hour curling. While doing this, it's a surprise that he is unaware of her beating heart which at any moment could have burst out of her chest.

“Uh, hi, oppa.” She tries not to stutter but fails completely.

He notices her face reddening and chuckles, “You are so adorable.”

“Thanks. I know I am.” She tries to play it cool, as his face doesn’t move away from it's position in front of hers.

“Stop increasing her ego.” Jiyeon turns in their direction, eye widening for a second before asking, “How long are you two going to stare at each other?”

“Just trying to find more pimples on her face, “ Seokjin tease, just as his phone rings, “I have to take this.” He gets up as Myungeun attempts to hit his arm, and walks out of the room, the phone to his ear.

“Are you okay?” Jiyeon asks after a few awkward seconds.

“What do you think?”

“With that red face of yours, the answer must be no.”

“Just keep going.” Myungeun frowns, but her eyes change from shock to mischievous, “Maybe you want a certain someone to hear about your crush on him.”

Jiyeon turns pale, “You wouldn't.”

“Oh I would.” And she doesn't stop grinning even when Jiyeon glares at her.

“You're evil.”

“I try.”

 

Hwajung Arts High School , 5 :15 P.M

“Sujeongnie.” A voice calls and as the girl turns, the is an unpleasant expression on her face.

“You're late, Kim TaeHyung.” She hits his arm.

“Practice just ended.” TaeHyung rubs the area she had hit, but on his face was his famous rectangular smile

“Nice try,” She crosses her arm over her chest, “JungKook left with Yein fifteen minutes ago. Care to explain?”

He grins, swinging an arm over her shoulder, “You know I love you right Sujeongnie?”

“That's not what I just asked.” She removes his arm from her shoulder.

“Kookie does everything fast. I like taking my time.”

“Whatever.” She begins walking and he follows behind her, grabbing his car keys out of his pocket when they reach his car.

“I’m driving.” She grabs the keys out of his head before he has time to protest and walks to the driver side of the car. He throws his sport equipment in the back and climbs in the passenger seat putting his seatbelt on when Sujeong instructs him to.

She starts the engine and reversing out of the parking spot, they are on their way home. TaeHyung puts the radio on, but doesn't all that much care about the music playing as he stares at his childhood friend, a memory playing in his mind.
 

June 25,  2007

“Hey do you mind if I play with you.”  A cute female  voice asked a boy who looked to be around her age and was playing all by himself in a sandbox.

He looks up, confusion written all over his face.“Are you sure?”

“Yes I am sure.” She smiles crouching down to his level to look him in the eye.

He stares at her and she does the same, not once breaking eye contact. After looking at her for a few seconds, he finally looks away.

“O-Okay.”  His voice shakes

“I am Ryu Sujeong.” She says, patting his head. “I am ten years old. How about you?”

“Kim TaeHyung. I am eleven years old.”

“Nice to meet you, TaeHyung oppa. Let's be friends.”

Again his voice shakes, as he says, “Sure.”

 

June 30, 2010

“TaeHyung.” Sujeong calls.

TaeHyung could hear her but he was almost done with what he was about to do and didn't want her ruining it. Just as he climbs onto the chair, Sujeong kicks down the door and knocks him to  ground. She pulls both of his hands behind his back.

“Get off me.” His voice is angry.

“What the hell were you about to do?” She speaks, her voice shaking as she tries not to cry.

“None of your business.”

“What happened?”

“I just want to die.”

“What about me?” She let's go of his hands, to put him into a hug, his head nested deep into her neck. “You were going to leave me behind.”

“I don't want to live knowing that I am only a nuisance.”  He cries, wetting her t-shirt.

“You aren't a nuisance. You are special to me,”He could feel her shoulder shaking, meaning that she was about to cry, “I love who you are, please don't leave me, because if you do I wouldn't have my best friend anymore. Jimin oppa wouldn't have his best friend, neither would JungKook and Yein. There are many people who love you, please don't do this.”

“I keep messing everything up. I never live up to their expectation. They wouldn't care if I was gone.”

“We would. Me, Jimin oppa, JungKook and Yein, we would care if you were gone. We can't live without you or your smile.”  

Nothing is said for a few minutes, as they stay in each other's embrace. Finally, they both begin to calm down and Sujeong rubs TaeHyung’s back.

“I love you Sujeongnie.” He says and at the moment, he knew he meant it more than just as a friend.

“Love you too,” She breaks the hug. She hold onto his shoulder and stares into his eyes. “You are going to get help.”

“Sujeong th-.”

“For me.” She cuts him off.

“For you.” He smiles his rectangular smile and he made a promise to keep living for her.

“Th-.”

 

“Yah Kim TaeHyung.” Sujeong snaps him out of his thoughts.

“What?”

“We are here.” She answers and he looks out his window to see his house, with no ounce of life as the windows were pitch black.

“Oh, sorry.”

“Do you want to stay with us again or go to Jimin’s house.”

“You. Jimin most likely has a girl over.” He spoke exiting the car, and she follows after turning off the engine and locking the car. They walk about two blocks down to her house, which unlike his actually looked like someone lived in it. Before they enter, he turns her so that she is facing him,"Have I ever said thank you?”

She smiles, “Yes. But I should be the one thanking you.”

“For what?” He asks, confusion written all over his face.

“For staying alive.” Understanding what she meant, they walk into the warmth of her house, closing the door behind them.

 

5: 30 P.M

Currently in a heated make out session with a blonde haired girl whose name he did not remember, Park Jimin mind was in someplace very far. When she reaches for his shirt, he grabs her hand and breaks the kiss.

“I think we should stop.” He shoots her a smile.

“Are you sure?” She reaches for his shirt again. He nods and she grabs her shoes and other belongings.

“See you later Jimin. It was fun.” She opens the door and slams it shut behind her.

He chuckles but stops when his brain registers her words which were something he had not heard in awhile.

 

May 9, 2012

“I am scared.” A brunette cowered behind a black-haired boy.

“They will like you Mina.” He turn to face her, kissing her cheeks.

“Jimin oppa.”  

“Jimin hyung.”

They black haired boy turns to see two girls and two boys making their way towards him and his special friend.

“Hey guys,” Jimin waves when the four people reach him and Mina. One of the guys, scans the girl with cold eyes.

“You must be Mina.” One of the girls says.

“ Hello, Myoui Mina imnida.” Mina bows but is very scare when her eyes meets with the guy with the cold ones.

“JungKook stop staring at her like that, “ Jimin speaks noticing the guys stare.

“Just analyzing the girl who has taken my hyung away from me.” JungKook continues to stare at her.

“Well that's enough.” Jimin pulls Mina behind him.

“Kookie stop. But heads up. You break Jimin’s oppa heart and you will regret it.”  Spoke the other girl.

“Chill Yein. She looks very scared.” The other boy  spoke reaching to pat Mina’s head.

Jimin grabs his hand, “Don't touch her TaeHyung.”

Taehyung pouts feeling hurt, “But she is so adorable. I see why you like her.”

“Well she is mine.” Jimin wraps his arm around Mina's waist.

“That is  very cheesy,” The first girl  speaks again, a smile on her face as she held onto Taehyung’s  right arm,  “I am Ryu Sujeong. Nice to meet you Mina .”

“Jung Yein,” She doesn’t smile , still analyzing Mina, not trusting her one bit.

Jungkook doesn’t smile either, as he says, “Jeon Jungkook.”

“Kim TaeHyung,”  He grins winking at Mina causing Sujeong to smack his arm.

“It was nice meeting you, but I have practice.”  Yein speaks before grabbing Jungkook arm, “And so does he.”

“See you guys later,” Jungkook says as Yein pulls him away and a few seconds later, they disappear.

“Okay then, I guess we have to leave to,” TaeHyung  glances at Sujeong who still held onto his arm.
“Guess so,” She says, then looks at Mina, “We should hang out sometime. Just me , you and Yein.”

“Sure.”

“Bye,” Taehyung waves, before adding, “Take care of my hyung.”  

“I will.” Mina watches TaeHyung put his arm around Sujeong waist as they walk away.

“Don’t worry about Kookie and Yein, they will come around. They just think that I won’t pay attention to them anymore, now that you are around.” Jimin notices the uneasiness in Mina’s eyes.

“I feel bad.”

“Don’t, it will be fine.” He leans closer to  her face,  “How about a kiss as a promise?”

“Yes, that  sounds just fine.”  She smiles as he leans even closer,  and she wraps her  arms  around his neck. He cupps her face, before capturing her lips with his own smiling into the kiss as she responds back.

 

January 7, 2013

“Open the door,” Jimin pounds on the  door of the house that belonged to Mina as Yein and Jungkook just watched.

“Hyung, she isn’t here.” Taehyung tries to grab his hand but is pushed back, causing him to stumble but is caught by Sujeong.

“She has to be here. Mina wouldn’t leave without telling me.”  He cries, as he slides down the door onto his knees. Yein rushes to him and puts him a hug.

Jungkook doesn’t move as anger rages through him, seeing  his hyung state. “You should have know when she stopped picking up your calls.”

“Not helping Jungkook,” TaeHyung speaks, a warning in his voice as he looks at the younger boy.

“Just saying,”

“He is right. I should have knew.” Comes Jimin voice as frees himself from Yein, standing up with his tear stained face, “I should have knew.” His phone beeps in his pocket, and when he takes it out, Mina name is on the screen with the text, ‘Goodbye Jimin. It was fun.’

“It's not you fault, oppa.” Sujeong  consoles him

“Yes it is, I let her in,” His  breathes in and out before continuing, “and I let have complete control over me.  I give her the power to break my heart and she did just that. It's all my fault.”  He walks away from his friends and no one say anything as they watch him disappear slowly and slowly before he was completely gone.

 

A knock at his door, brings him back to reality just as Jiyeon pops her head in.

“Are you coming?”

“To?” He urges her on

“I am throwing a welcome home party for Seokjin oppa.” She answers

“Sure why not.”

“Oh yeah,  your girlfriend left this here.” She throws him a black jean jacket, which he catches and chuckles.

“I can really sense your jealousy Babe.” He winks at her.

She grimace, before saying, “You are gross.”

He strides towards her, pulling her in and onto the wall, “But you still want a piece of me, don’t you Jiyeon.”

“You wish, “ She tries to free herself but fails miserably as his grip is  too strong, “Let me go, please.”

After few seconds of just staring at her, he lets go and ruffles her hair smiling as she swats at his hand.

“Calm down. I don’t go after my cousin friends.”

Awkwardly, she shifts from one leg to the other, before finally saying, “Okay, let's go. I need more help getting everything set up.”

He drips an arm across her shoulder as they transits from his room through the living before walking out of the house, crossing the street to the house that currently belongs to Jiyeon’s grandparents. This house always brought a sour feeling to his stomach whenever he saw it, knowing full well who it originally belonged to.

“I always forget.” Jiyeon turns to face the boy who just stood there, staring at the house, hurt replacing his always playful and flirty face.

“It's okay.” And he really meant it, as he follows her into the house. Everyone but Seokjin were there, either hanging up decorations or helping cook in the kitchen.

“Hey hyung.” Jungkook smiles when he sees him.

“You stink.” Jimin says when he the younger boy gets a sniff of him.

“That's what happens when you rush,” Comes Taehyung voice from behind a bunch of colorful balloons.

“Noona, I am using Seokjin hyung bathroom.” Jungkook says looking at Jiyeon, who  mouths okay and he smiles before disappearing upstairs.

“Help me with this hyung.” Taehyung calls, the colorful balloons still in his hands and Jimin makes his way towards him.



 

6:50 P.M.

“Yah. Where the hell are you?” A guy with red hair spoke into his phone as he walked out of an airport that read Seoul Gimpo Airport.

“Yah?” The voice on the other side questions

“Sorry.” He apologizes

“I am parking. Calm down.” The guy turns at the sound of a car horn, to see a black Cadillac and a brown- haired guy waving, a smile on his face. He hangs up the phone, puts it in his jacket pocket as he makes his way towards the car, rolling his suitcase behind him.

“Took you long enough,” He climbs  into the passenger side shutting the door, after putting his suitcase in the trunk.

“I can leave you here, Yoongi,” The other guy said

Yoongi grins, “I missed you Seokjin hyung.”

“Sure you did,” He puts the car into reverse, backs out of his parking spot and is on the road leading out of the airport area, “Your grandmother is waiting for you.”

“I thought I was staying with you?” Yoongi turns on the radio, to hear a song he help produce.

Seokjin change lanes, making sure the is no oncoming cars “Well you are not.”

“Why not?

“Because, I am barely in that house.”

“Your sister isn't exactly my type.” Yoongi chuckles realizing what his friend meant.

“Glad to know, but that's not why.” Seokjin makes a right turn and drives through a neighborhood with houses that all look the  same, the only exception being the difference in colors.

“What's the reason then?” Yoongi looks out the window, as  Seokjin parks next to a familiar house. The house was almost all white with the only black being the gates and was secluded from every other house, as though it was shy and did not like being social, “Come on hyung.” He whines.

Seokjin shrugs, before exiting the car and going to the trunk.

Yoongi follows after him, a frown gracing his pale features. “I was going to come home in two weeks. That's why I didn’t ask her to send a driver.”

Seokjin ignores him, instead he grabs the suitcase from the trunk. When Yoongi tries to run, he grabs his shoulder and pushes him towards the house and as they walk through the black gates, there is a old lady in a wheelchair, with an unreadable expression present on her wrinkled face.

“My darling.” She calls looking at Yoongi. Seokjin releases his hold on the younger boy.

The boy is frozen seeing his grandmother state, and tears began to fall down his face. He stands still for a few more seconds, before slowly approaching her and when he does, he kneels in front of her grabbing her hands, but doesn’t look her in the eye. “I am sorry halmoni.”

She pats his head, before lifting it up to face her, “It's okay. I am glad you are home.”

Seokjin shifts from one leg to another, awkwardly, watching the scene in front of him. When she sees this, she gives him a smile and mouths a thank you to which he smiles back, saying you’re welcome.

“Halmoni, do you mind if I spend the rest of the day with Seokjin hyung?” Yoongi asks slowly, as his grandmother stares at him

She nods, “But you have to spend tomorrow with me. Promise.” She sticks out her pinky and when he sees this, he sticks his out and a pinkie promise is made.

“I will call Jiyeon to let the cooks to make food.” Seokjin takes his phone of his suit pocket and dials his younger sister numbers, as a female maid walk out of Yoongi’s house taking the suitcase back in with her.

Before Yoongi leaves with Seokjin, his grandmother whispers in his ear, “Go see Jiae. I miss having her around.”  

The name is a bullet to his heart, but he doesn't let it show as he smiles at his grandmother. “Sure. I will.” He hated lying to his sweet halmoni, but he couldn't disappoint her when she liked Jiae so much. Coming back to South Korea did not involve meeting Yoo Jiae. He had no reason to, not today or tomorrow.



 

 

7:30 P.M. 

“Min Yoongi is back.” Were the four words utter by  Yoo Jiae’s best friend, slowly almost as a way to decrease the consequences of speaking that name. The book that formerly held  her full attention, drops onto the living room floor.

This could not be happening, he was not suppose to step back into her world, where she had made her personal bubble as a way to keep him out. She was strong in keeping other guys out, but he was a different kind of guy and he was the only one that could break down the walls he had caused in the first place, without even lifting a finger.

“Jiae unnie,” Ji Soo's worried voice brings Jiae back from her very conflicted thoughts into the real world, with two pairs of worried eyes analyzing her.

“Are you okay?” Soojung holds onto Jiae’s shoulder, either to apologize to or console her for speaking the name Min Yoongi.

“I told you not to tell her,” Mijoo walks out of the kitchen, a big bowl of popcorn in one hand and a can of sac-sac in the other.

“It's better for her to find out now, then later.” Soojung takes a seat next to Jiae, and grabs the tv remote. Mijoo puts the two items on the living room table and walks back into the kitchen.

As tv comes on, lighting up the almost dark living room, there is group of seven boys performing on what seems to be a music show. When Mijoo walks back into the living room, the bucket of ice cream she held in both hands drops to the floor when an all too familiar male appears on the screen, rapping with a visible smirk playing on his lips.

“Yah Lee Mijoo,” Jisoo shouted glancing at the mess Mijoo had made when the ice cream splatter onto the floor.

Mijoo stood frozen as she tries to figure out what she just saw. Was it all part of her imagination or was it real?

Noticing that her beatfriend wasn't moving, Jisoo walks up to her and after waving her hand in front of Mijoo’s face and receiving no answer or an inch of movement, she flicks her forehead which jolts the girl out of her frozen state.

“What the hell was that for?” She yells, glaring at Jisoo ready to fight her.

“Just bringing you back to the real world.” Jisoo grins before walking into the kitchen and returning with a rag to clean up Mijoo accidental mess.

“I know he was cute, but come on Mijoo,” Soojung tease as she flips to another channel, only to see the face of the name Min Yoongi. Seeing his face, she was about to change the channel,  but Jiae stops her as she stares at her ex-boyfriend.

On the tv, Yoongi is being interview by a female host who had a very flirtatious tone in her voice as she asked him, ‘Do you have a girlfriend?’

Yoongi’s stays static as he answers with a simple, ‘No.’

‘You just came back to Korea after two years. Any reason why?’ Is the female host next question.

‘Missed home and my grandmother.” Is Yoongi’s reply

“You can turn it off.” Jiae spoke and Soojung does just that.

Meanwhile, Mijoo and Jisoo finish cleaning the floor, just as the  latter receives a text.

“It's Hoseokie,” Jisoo says after reading the text with a smile on her face, “See you guys later.” She grabs her bag and her jacket and makes her way to the door.

“Don’t do anything  I wouldn't do.” Mijoo calls after her. Jisoo ignores her as the door close shut.

“What is it that you wouldn't do?” Jiae glares at her.

“Nothing unnie.” Mijoo slowly grabs her belongings and follows after Jisoo.

“Are you really okay?” Soojung breaks the silence.

“Fine.” She really try to mean that, but she knew she was anything but fine.

 

8:20 P.M

After Mijoo leaves Jiae’s house, she walks around Seoul as the face of the boy on the tv  plays in her mind even after she tells herself it was only her imagination. She screams and a few  people scan her for a second before continuing with their business.

She strides towards a bus stop, where another surprise awaits  when she sees an image of the same seven boys, all dressed in silver and black on the board on the left side  of the bus stop, with ‘GOT7’ written on the it.  One of them stands out, with his very red hair, but that's not why stares at only him and no one else.

Turning to the girl next to her, she smiles before asking, “Do you know who they are?”

The girl scans her, “ Are you joking?”

Mijoo shakes her head, “I am just curious.”

“That's GOT7. They just debuted.” She says

“Oh. Thanks.” 

“They are really good, you should check them out, “The girl smiles, “My favorite is the red hair. His name is Tuan Yi Eun or Mark Tuan.”

“Cool. I will do just that.”Mijoo thanks the girl again, as her phone beeps signaling a text, “Nice chatting with you, gotta fly.”

She quickly walks away from the bus stop, only to hear the same song playing loudly through a girls headphones, which results in another scream.

 

8:40 P.M

When Jiae walks through the doors of the Kim’s residence with Soojung, the smell of liquor invades her nose as she hangs up her coat.

“Unnies, “Jiyeon calls hugging Jiae.

“What did you do?” Soojung ask. Jiyeon wasn’t one for skinship so her hugging Jiae was very strange behavior.

‘Min Yoongi is here,’ Jiyeon mouths, still holding onto Jiae who seems to have lost strength in her body when she sees the red haired boy laughing with Seokjin and Hoseok.

“Thanks for trying  Jiyeon, but I already see him.” Jiae releases herself from Jiyeon, as the younger girl scratches the back of her head.

He walks over to them as Jiae turns to grab something from her jacket, “Seokjin hyung was wondering when you wanted him to send everyone home?” He addresses Jiyeon and Jiae turns around but he doesn’t see her until he looks away from Jiyeon.

Soojung grabs Jiyeon arms, noticing the awkward silence forming in the air and drags her away. She was going to give Kim SeokJin a piece of her mind, for inviting Yoongi knowing full well that Jiae was going to be here.

No one says anything as they avoid each other's eyes knowing the consequences of making eye contact.

“Nice to see you, Yoo Jiae.” He didn’t mean that.

She doesn't mean it either when she says, "You too, Min Yoongi."

 

 

 

 

Author Note:  It took me two weeks to write this, so please comment and tell me what you think. Sorry for some of the sad scenes along with my fail attempt at a kiss scene. Comments give me motivation and allows me to know that people are actually reading my story so please comment with criticism and support.