The One With The Ex-Girlfriend and the Sister

Perfectly Imperfect

When the past calls, let it go to voicemail. It has nothing new to say. - Mandy Hale


 

You can’t commit a murder in broad daylight.”

 

“And why the hell not?”

 

“Because, Jung Yein, you’re too young for prison and blue isn’t your color.”

 

“It is very much my color.” 

 

Sujeong slowly shakes her hand, replaying the situation that lead to Yein wanting to punch an unsuspecting female in the face till she was unrecognizable but was currently being held back by yours truly, Jeon Jungkook.

 

When the four of them-herself, little hothead Yein, Jungkook and Taehyung-had walked into the shopping center to buy new uniform for the second term which was to begin in four weeks, they expected many things but the dark-haired female that stood in front of them, her right side facing the four of them. She remembers feeling angry and wanting to end the female’s existence for breaking her Jimin’s oppa heart turning him into the heartbreaker that he is but before she could take action, Jung Yein begin marching up to the female and without Taehyung quick thinking and Jungkook grabbing her by the waist, Myoiu Mina’s lifespan could have ended.

 

“Could you please let me go,” Yein turn to Jungkook, hands clasped together in a sort of prayer motion and her lips in a pout catching him off guard. “I promise I will behave.”

 

“Yeah right. Behaving isn’t in your vocabulary,” Taehyung says then turns to Jungkook snapping him out of his trance,  “Don’t fall for it.”

 

“Like I was going to,” Jungkook grins holding on tighter to the younger girl.

 

“You know this is just an excuse to feel Yein up.” Sujeong voices trying not to laugh as Jungkook sets his head on Yein’s shoulder, “Aren’t you two cute.”

 

“You can let go, Kook.” Taehyung says noticing the disappearance of the black-haired female.

 

Jungkook frowns, “No thank you. She might still be around.”

 

Yein fights to get out of his hand, her face switching from mischievous to painful, “It hurts.”

 

Jungkook realizing she is in real pain, quickly realeses his arm from around her waist, “I am so sorry Yeinnie,”

 

After a few quiet seconds, she burst into laughter and both Taehyung and Sujeong groan in annoyance, but Jungkook isn’t amuse.

 

“You are so easy to fool.” She says after her laughter dies down as Sujeong glares at her.

 

“I can’t stand you sometime.” Taehyung says grabbing Sujeong as they continue to walk to their original destination. Yein and Jungkook follows after them, the former turning to the boy next to her and mouthing, ‘Don’t tell them, please.” and he mouths back after a few seconds, ‘Okay, but you and I need to have a talk.”





 

Dinner Time is a time for families to unwind and tell each other about their day, except if that family is the Seo Family who tend to avoid each other’s eyes even when Jisoo manages to drag Mijoo with her (they have to do homework is her go to excuse). 

 

Tonight dinner at 6 pm isn’t any different and crickets can almost be heard with how quiet and awkward it is. Jisoo focuses her full attention on her dinner as usual until a very surprising question is spills from her mother’s dearest lips.

 

“How is Hoseok?”

 

Jisoo looks up at her mother, who has usual serious and cold mask on as she takes a sip of her red wine seated on the left of Mr.Seo who sits at the head of the dinning table, his full attention on his dinner as well.

Faking a smile, Jisoo says, “He is fine, mother.Thanks for asking, mother.” She knew where this was leading and she really didn’t want to go through this, not tonight but before she can ask to be excused, Mijoo does.

 

“We have lots of homework auntie,” Mijoo stands up, pulling Jisoo up with her, before smiling at Mr and Mrs.Seo, “Dinner was amazing.”

 

Without uttering another word, they both disappear up the stairs and into Jisoo’s room where the shorter falls onto her bed and the other stands, back press against the door.

 

“Do you want me to call unnie?” Mijoo reaches for her phone from her jeans pocket, typing in her code to be greeted of her wallpaper-little her, Mijoo and Hoseok.

 

“Yes please,” Jisoo says voice barely a whisper as she tries not to cry.

 

Pressing the number 3 on her speed dial, Mijoo hands the other the phone which rings for three minutes before a voice says, “Jisoo-ah, dinner just ended I presume.”


“I miss you, Ju-hyun unnie,” Jisoo voice shakes as she fights to keep hold of the phone, “I hate it here.”

 

“Tell me what happened?”

 

And she does begining with two hours earlier when her report card arrived and they yelled at her, about coming in third (no could beat Kim Namjoon and Jung Hoseok even if they stayed awake for a week just studying) and then they went on to blame it on her relationship with Hoseok (like he isn’t the one that is always on her back to study even when she just wants to wrap her hand around his waist and kiss him all day). Then about how earlier that week, her mother insulted her saying that she couldn’t do anything right and she was irresponsible just because she skipped hagwon after she came down with stomach ache but mother wouldn’t listen. She tells her older sister everything that had happened since they last spoke two weeks ago and Ju-hyun’s listens, not once interrupting.

 

“How do you feel now?”

 

“Better. Thanks for listening unnie.”

 

“I will always listen. And Jisoo,” There is a pause, “I am sorry.”

 

“I understand unnie, they were suffocating you. You had to leave.”

 

“I am sorry I couldn’t take you with me.” Ju-hyun signs, “I have to go Ji. I love you.”

 

“Goodnight Ju. Love you too.” And the lines goes dead

 

“Feel better?” Mijoo diverts her attention from her laptop towards her best friend.

 

Jisoo smiles a little, “A little.”

 

Mijoo grins, “I know just what to make you even better.”





 

“I can’t ask Yein, she isn’t my type.” Jimin begins.

 

Jungkook jumps up, feeling the need to protect his best friend’s honor but before he can utter a word, Jimin continues.

 

“And also someone might end my life which I haven’t yet lived to the fullest.” He meets Taehyung’s eyes, as Jungkook sinks back onto the bench.

 

Suddenly, the locker room door slides open enough for Jisoo to peak her head through, “Hey little ones.”
“Um noona, this is the men's locker room.”

“And yet I don’t see any men.” Comes another voice from behind the door before Sujeong’s head appear above Jisoo’s.

 

“Yah Ryu Sujeong.” Taehyung stands up, feeling a little insulted.

 

“Ryu Sujeong what?” Sujeong retorts back, “I know you love my name but try not to wear it out.”

 

“Kim Sujeong then.”

 

“Only if the Kim comes from Kim Soohyun or Kim Mingyu then I shall become Kim Sujeong.”

 

“What about Kim Taehyung?” Jungkook suggest just as Taehyung says under his breath, “You just met him today and you are already in love with him.”

 

“How about no. I rather the floor.”

 

“Or you can Tae hyung’’s face.” Yet another suggestion from Jeon Jungkook

 

Taehyung kicks him in his shin, the same time Jimin smacks the back of his head.

 

“Okay, I will stop. You people are so abusive.”

 

“Okay that was entertaining. Anyway, I just came to get you guys.” Jisoo’s says.

 

“We are done, just chatting.”Jimin answers for the three of them

 

“Good, Jiyeon is here so we are going to start the game.”

 

Jimin doesn’t know why, but at the mention of the name Jiyeon, his mood shifts from oh , my ex-girlfriend is back in town into yaay Jiyeon is here and I have someone to annoy. The reason for the sudden change, he doesn’t know as he runs out of the locker room while yelling at the top of his lungs.

 

“Jiyeonie. Jiyeonie where are you.”

 

His sudden change leaves behind a smirking Jisoo, who walks into the locker room, attached to her like a koala is Sujeong who sticks her tongue out her tongue at both Taehyung and Jungkook.

 

“So what were you three talking about before I walked into.”

 

Before either male can respond, Sujeong hugs Jisoo tighter and says,  “Myoiu Mina is back.”

 

“And do you think she wants him back?”

 

“Who wouldn’t want Jimin oppa back,” Sujeong realeses herself from Jisoo and walks towards Taehyung to cling to him instead, “He is amazing unlike these two.”

 

“But does he want her back?”

 

Taehyung answers as he runs a hand through Sujeong’s hair, a content smile playing on his lips, “I don’t think so seeing as he already has feelings for someone else.”


“And does he know he has these feelings for her?”

 

“He isn’t aware of that factor yet, seeing the amount of girls he keeps messing around with,” Jungkook says

 

“This will be interesting. Ex is back in town but the boy she may want back has feelings for someone else.”

 

“All we need is some popcorn and a very large slurpee for this show to begin.” Sujeong grins leaning her head onto Taehyung’s shoulder.

 

“Hurry the hell up losers, the game is about to begin.” Yein voice cuts through the almost silence and Jungkook is quick on his feet to follow the voice, the others following behind them.

 

When Myoiu Mina walks towards the house of her ex-boyfriend, she doesn’t expect two things. The first being the bright lights and music coming from the back of the house as she rings the bell before giving it three knocks. Second being said ex-boyfriend opening the door, shirtless but that wasn’t what surprised the black haired girl. Instead its the very familiar brunette attached to his back like a koala.

 

“Mina,” He says almost lost for words holding on tighter to Jiyeon when she tries to climb down.

 

“I can walk Jimin.” Jiyeon says

 

Jimin turns his head a little to face her, his eyes pleading, “Hold still, babe.”

 

Mina feels her heart break into pieces at the word babe and tries not to let it show it as she smiles, “Oh, you two are dating?”
Jiyeon eyes widen but when Jimin looks at her again, she utters words she never thought she would ever hear herself say when asked if she was dating Park Jimin, “Yes. Mickey and I are dating. Welcome back Mina.”


“What a wonderful welcome back present,” Mina smiles at the brunette afraid to look at Jimin, “Well see you guys around. You guys are cute together.” Turning away from the couple, she begins walking away and when she turns back around, the door is already shut. “You missed your chance, Mina.”

 


Inside the house, Jimin lets out a breath as he lowers Jiyeon to the couch.

 

“Are you okay?” She asks

 

“Shouldn’t you be angry right now?”

 

“Not really,” Jiyeon smiles patting the space next to her and without a word he sits down.

 

“How is your leg?”


“Great, it doesn’t hurt as much.”

 

“Good.”

 

“Great.”

 

A comfortable silence falls over them as they both lean further into the couch and Jiyeon closes her eyes wondering why she just said she was dating the boy seated next to her, a boy she couldn’t stand. The boy she was i-.”


“But seriously though. Mickey.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Yes babe.”