The One With Jiyeon's Diary

Perfectly Imperfect

Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters


 

“I need you to calm down,” Myungeun says, hands rubbing circles onto Jiyeon’s back. “Breathe in and breathe out.”

Jiyeon does just that, taking a deep breath in and after five seconds, she exhales and does it again a few more times. Anyone would be scared when their most prized possession goes missing (yes it's that big of a deal). It was the one thing she would never think of sharing with anyone, except maybe Myungeun. She tells the younger girl everything. 

Well Almost Everything.

And that book has the one secret she could never tell Myungeun or anyone else. A secret she knew would be released to the world if her prized possession gets into the wrong hand. 

Sujeong rushes into the classroom with a bottle of water and hands it to Jiyeon, trying to catch her breath. “Water for a flower.”

Jiyeon giggles before taking a big drink of water leaving it half empty when she settles it onto her desk,  “Thanks guys.”

Myungeun realizing that the shorter girl was finally breathing normally, takes a seat in front of her. “Where did you last see it?”

Jiyeon sighs, capping the water bottle. “That I don’t know.”

“Did you write about him in that?” Sujeong asks and when Jiyeon nods, a look of fear passes over her face.

“He can’t know,” Myungeun begins, “There is no need of increase of his ego.”

“Maybe he should.” Sujeong says.

“Are you crazy?” Jiyeon whispers yell. 

“Just saying,” Sujeong grins, “This will make you an-.”

The ringing of the bell, signalling the end of break cuts her off and Jiyeon begins to panic. Noticing the expression of fear on Jiyeon’s face, Myungeun lays a hand on her shoulders and says, “We will find it.”

“I hope so,” Jiyeon says watching Myungeun and Sujeong walk out as Taehyung and Jimin walk in along with the rest of her classmates.

She doesn’t miss the look and hand kiss Taehyung sends Sujeong’s way. She doesn’t miss Sujeong laugh and wink back. And she doesn’t miss the glare Myungeun shoots at Jimin, who only grins in return.

But she misses the blue pocket like book peeking out of Jimin’s gym bag. The eerily familiar book with the name Kei written on the top right corner in a tiny black font. The not just a book peeking out of his gym bag with his smelly gym clothes.




 

The are many things Jung Yein hates about school, most of which revolves around the girls in her fourth period English class. The group of girls who never cease their eye rolls and glare saved just for her. The same group of girls who just loved her name too damn much and can never seem to leave it out of their mouths. Just because she is best friends with Jeon Jungkook.

The same group of girls currently crowded around said male blocking her from her seat. 

“How are we handling this today, Ms.Jung.” Comments one of the girls who wasn’t currently crowing Jungkook.

Sujeong seats herself in her regular spot located on the right of Yein’s blocked seat in the second role, trying and failing not to laugh.

With a frown on her face, Yein begins pushing her way through the girls until she can see her seat and Jungkook with a bored expression and a frown playing on his lips until he catches a glimpse of Yein.

“Yennie,” He says softly as she slides into her seat next to him ignoring the usual stares, “I miss you.”

“You saw me thirty minutes ago.” She says grinning as the girls get up and walk back to their seats.

“Am I not allowed to miss my soulmate.” He pouts.

“Don’t do that ever again. That was traumatizing.” Sujeong comments opening her textbook not even sparing Jungkook a glance to know the face he is making.

When the teacher enters, the chatter stops and everyone attention is on her and Yein whispers, making sure no one else but Jungkook hears her.

“Miss you too soulmate.”


 

“Don’t do it, Min.” Taehyung whispers as he stares at Jimin with the little blue book in hand wearing both a conflicted and curious look as to what do with the book. “That is personal.”

If Jimin hears Taehyung’s warning, he doesnt react instead he begins moving the book from one hand to another, sort of in a trance. 

“I know you love messing with her but,” Taehyung says, “this isn’t right.”

Breaking out of his trance, Jimin drops down onto the bench laying the book down next to him. “Okay. I won’t.”

All is forgotten until the rest of their teammates walk into the locker room, rowdy and loud as usual. Both boys ignore them focusing on changing out of their outdated and boring school uniform into much comfortable clothing. With their full attention on getting ready for practice the book is forgotten until a teammate makes a comment.

“I didn’t know you had a diary, Jimin.” The brown haired boys lips curved into a smile as he picks up the book, “Oh, it's not yours. Why do you have your girlfriend’s diary?” 

“Give that back Dong-yul,” Jimin reaches for the diary, but the dude just had to be six freaking feet tall.

“And what if I don’t.” Dong-yul says as the three boys behind him laugh as Jimin continues to struggle to get the diary back. “It doesn’t belong to you. It says Kei meaning Kim Jiyeon. I have always wanted a piece of her but you just had to go on and snatch her right up.”

“She isn’t a piece of meat, you .” Jimin grits his teeth, “She is a living, breathing human being. She isn’t a toy to be played with.”

“Don’t sound like you didn’t do the same to half of the third year girls,” Dong-yul says, “And don’t pretend to be so in love with her. You are incapable of falling in love with anyone.”

Jimin is frozen at Dong-ryul's words but Taehyung isn’t. Simply grabbing the book out of the older boy’s hands, “What the hell do you know about love? No girl even gives you the time of day. Jealously is such an ugly trait.” Lifting up the diary, he smacks Dong-yul in the back of head, two pieces of paper falling out.

“Oww. The hell was that for.” Dong-yul cries out. 

Taehyung shrugs grabbing the fallen piece of paper, “Sorry, I thought I saw a fly.” He glances at the paper and when he sees the name and first sentence written in neat hangul, his eyes goes big as he turns to stare at the still frozen Park Jimin, now with another piece of paper in his left hands, lips in the shape of an O.

Dong-yul and his three goons growing bored, walk away leaving behind a grinning Kim Taehyung and shocked Park Jimin staring holes through the paper.

“She likes you.” Says Taehyung, his grin growing even bigger.

“I know.” Jimin mutters as he grabs the paper from his friend. 

He reads over it and is once again shocked at the words written on it. The words, the sweet words written about him by Kim Jiyeon, the same girl always with a frown on her face when he is in her presence or his name is spoken. The same girl who never fails to brighten his day and makes life a little less bori-.

“Why does she like you?” Taehyung draws him out of his thoughts
“Why wouldn’t she like me,” Jimin asks offended, “I will have you know that I am irresistible.”
Taehyung rolls his eyes, “She calls you jerk more than she calls you by your name.

“True. I thought she hated me.”
“Sometimes hating someone is the best way to protect yourself-,” Taehyung says but pauses to give Jimin a look translating to, ‘why are you looking at me like that’.

“You have been hanging out with Namjoon too much,” Jimin says.

“Shut up.” Taehyung grins, “Anyway Jiyeon hating you and writing tooth rotting words about you in her diary is her way to protect herself, so you are you going to give the diary back to her.”

Jimin’s mouth opens and close and when he does open it again to give his response, he is cut off when Namjoon sticks his head through the opening of the locker room door, “Did you guys want a ride home,”
Both boys shake their heads no, but before Namjoon can leave, Jimin speaks up. “Could you do me a favor though?”
“Sure,” Taehyung smiles and hands him the book.

“This is Jiyeon's.” Namjoon comments, “Why do you have it.”
Taehyung bites his lips before looking at Namjoon, “Someone found it and give it to me.”
Namjoon doesn’t buy the excuse. He knows full well of Taehyung’s habit when he is about to lie. Lip biting was the top of the list but instead of calling him out, he grabs the diary, “As long as you guys didn’t read it.” He walks away.

“That went well.” Taehyung says turning to Jimin only to frown when he sees the two piece of paper in his hands, “Oh come on, Jimin.”

Jimin grins, “Oops.”


 

As they walk into the music room, with no luck in finding her diary. Jiyeon drops down onto the sofa across from the grand piano, one hand over her eyes and the other over her her stomach, “Is this karma. What have I don’t that was so bad that I am being punished?”

Myungeun groans, tire as well as hungry from the search. Since their main focus was on that diary which apparently was a ‘life’ or ‘death’ situation (cause Kim Jiyeon is the queen of dramatic and Myungeun wonders why she isn’t part of the drama club instead of the music club) they had forgotten lunch except maybe the chips they had, but that wasn’t food. “They are probably punishing you for being too cute.”

“Haha, so funny. Why aren’t you a comedian yet?”

“I am not sure, but I least I have your support when the job is offered to me,” Myungeun says falling down next to the shorter girl and strapping herself around Jiyeon, almost like a koala. At this moment, Namjoon walks in but doesn’t say anything, instead he smiles dimple and all.

“Good afternoon, ladies,” He greets

Jiyeon removes her hands from over her eyes and when she sees the blue book in his hands, she jumps up dropping Myungeun to the floor. “Where did you get that?”

“A little birdie.” He winks handing it to her before taking his leave.

“I guess you have been saved,” Myungeun stands up, rubbing her aching .

Jiyeon smiles as she goes through the book, “Guess I h....Oh no.” She suddenly stops.

“What now?” Myungeun asks 

“Two of the pages about Jimin is missing.” She says, “Someone took it. This is very bad, this is not good.”

“Maybe this a sign.”

 

“A sign for what?” Jiyeon asks before adding, “A sign to embarrass me.”

“A sign to finally tell him how you feel.”

“Park Jimin isn’t interested in me.” Jiyeon sighs yet again and Myungeun frowns.

“And why the hell not?”

“Just because.”

“No because,” Myungeun holds onto the shorter girl's shoulder, “No because. You are the last person Jimin would ever want to hurt. He adores you.He may be a playboy but he wouldn’t hurt you and it is not because he is afraid of me or Seokjin oppa. You are his favorite person”

“How are you so sure?”

“He talks about you more than he talks about soccer,” Myungeun grins, “And you know how much he loves soccer.”

Even when the rest of the club members walk into the classroom, Jiyeon still plays Myungeun words in her head, “You are his favorite person.” “He talks more about you than he talks about soccer. And you know how much he loves soccer.” The boy she liked, talked more about her than he talked about his favorite thing in the world. 

If only she could believe Myungeun. If only it was actually true.


 

As Taehyung makes his way out of the school building towards the parking lot with Hoseok and Jungkook in tow, he becomes almost one with the floor when someone jumps onto his back, wrapping their arms and legs over his shoulders and waist respectively.

“Sujeong please don’t do this to me,” He cries out in pain, “I just came from practice.” 

“I am tire.” She whines holding on tighter.

“I will give you a back ride tomorrow,” He tries but she doesn’t let go instead she hold on even tighter. The other three watch and don’t a comment until Yein catches a glimpse of a tall boy with dark hair.

“Was that Mingyu oppa?”

“How come you call him oppa but not me.” Jungkook pokes her arm, trying to get her attention.

“Oh hush, Jeon.” Sujeong is suddenly awake, “Where did he go?”

“Where did who go?” A voice comes from behind them and the whole squad of five turn around to Kim Mingyu.

“Mingyu.” Sujeong says jumping down from Taehyung’s back, to walk towards Mingyu and gives him a smile when she does, “What's up?”

“Whats up, really.” Yein whispers. Hoseok and Jungkook chuckle watching Sujeong attempt at flirting, but Kim Taehyung isn’t amused as he glares daggers at Mingyu.

Hoseok grins, when he sees the almost murderous look on the younger boy’s usual smiley face. “If looks could kill.”

“Taehyung oppa, they are just talking.” 

“Nope, they are flirting.” Jungkook says. Either he is obvious to the situation or just simply wants to anger Taehyung, “She just twirled her hair around her finger and did the quieter laugh that she thinks is cute.” 

The hair twirling and the cute laugh goes on for about a few minutes before Taehyung finally breaks and strides towards his best friend and the boy he didn’t like. 

“Ryuvely, I want to go home.” He slides his arms across her shoulder catching Mingyu off guard. “We have to leave.”

“Oh right,” Sujeong draws her attention from Mingyu to smile at Taehyung, who screams yell yeah in his head when she pats him on the head.

“I didn’t know you too were dating.” Mingyu comments after watching the intense eye contact.

Taehyung answers with, “Who are you,again?”

“We aren’t dating,” Sujeong says glaring at Taehyung.

“Can I have your number then?” Mingyu ask. Taehyung glares at him, grabs onto Sujeong’s hand and drags her away suddenly forgetting he was in pain.

Jungkook walks towards Mingyu, “I will pass along your number, chingu.” 

“Thanks,” Mingyu says looking past him, to steal a last glance of Sujeong. But how he wishes he hadn’t when he sees her patting Taehyung’s head, which laid on her shoulder, his eyes closed with a content smile playing on his lips seated in the back of Hoseok’s car.

“Jeon Jungkook, you have five seconds or I am leaving you here.” Hoseok calls from the driver seat.

Jungkook scurries towards the car after waving goodbye to Mingyu and slides into the passenger seat and Yein slides next to Taehyung on his left in the back.

Noticing everyone is settled and ready to go, Hoseok puts the car into drive and speeds out of the parking out and onto the road.

“Jeong, do you want me to give him your number.” Jungkook turns around in his seat, seatbelt keeping him in place.

Taehyung eyes shots open, “Shut up, Jeon Jungkook.”

Sujeong laughs but mouths ‘Yes please.’

Jungkook gives her a thumbs up, turns back around and thinks in his head, ‘This is going to be so much fun.’