0 0 1

OPERATION: US (SEQUEL)

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE (this will be the LONGEST note I ever written and will be the ONLY long one): AYYYEEEE~~ Thank you for over 100 subs y'all~~ And sorry that this chapter is kinda short and a bit unimportant...? Well, it is the first chapter so... Ahhahaha..... Yeah.... ANYWAYS I HOPE Y'ALL BEAUTIFUL CREATURES ENJOY THIS UPDATE (and hopefully waits for the next one...? O_o) 

But to the ones who are also following the PREQUEL: *on my knees* I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update it... I WILL for sure get back on track with it and update weekly like the SEQUEL. Just a lot of stuff happened and ruined my motivation to update.. BUT IT'S OKAY 'CAUSE THERE WILL BE UPDATES! Please do not think that I've abandonned the PREQUEL. I will never ever. ^_^

And here's some background info for the ones who are new to this series (and didn't read the ORIGINAL one yet... It's the LOVE fic that I've linked in the foreword...) so you all won't get too confuse when certain stuff comes up:

The place/organization where all the agents worked at is K.N.S.S. (Korea National Secret Security), a government formed organization of secret agents. The highest position is the Director, who basically controls the whole facility. Under the Director are the Elders, who are a group of old (old old) people. Under the Elders are the Authoritives, who are a bunch of 40+ years experienced agents. Under the Authoritives are Chief-Commanders. Within K.N.S.S., there are Sectors. And each Sectors are led by a Chief-Commander. Within a Sector, there are Units. (are y'all confused yet lol XD I get confused sometimes too with this whole AU I'm setting up) 

Jaebum: Captain of Special Unit G of JYP's Sector; also the supposed heir of Im Trading Commerce and Industrials (but some things happened that's explained in LOVE); JYP's best agent; best friend/childhood friend/friend since birth of Mark

Jinyoung: Vice Captain of Special Unit G of JYP's Sector; also known as the powerful Chairman Park, Chairman of the Park Group, which is the largest and most powerful company chain in the world, Park Group is the leading economics, which means Jinyoung basically holds the world in the palm of his hand (don't mess with him) (you will know more about Jinyoung and MarkJin's past if you follow up with HATE); JYP's second best; best friend of Youngjae 

Bambam and Yugyeom: youngests of the Special Unit G; troublemakers; prodigies 'cause they're trained since they were very young; do efficient jobs; loves to gossip about people in the team or just everyone in general; they're cuties and each other's besties

So the E.C.I., Elite Corporation of Inter-protection, is a special divison from the result of a collaboration project between the States and South Korea.There are two teams, one in the States and one in S.K. The team consists of the best agents from the best divisions and units. 

Mark: Captain of E.C.I.; former Captain of the Extreme Weaponry Elite Force in the States, which is a Unit of the Special Ops of the Secret Services in the States, which worked soley for the American President; America's representative in S.K.; one of America's best agent, but now he's in S.K. so he's considered the best agent of the K.N.S.S. (for more info about him you're welcome to hit up HATE or LOVE); best friend/chilhood friend/friends since birth of Jaebum

Jackson: Vice Captain of E.C.I.; former Captain of a special Unit in the C.I.A. in the States; Mark's close friend after their first meet up in a mission; C.I.A.'s best agent and one of America's best and K.N.S.S.'s best along with Mark

And now to the hospital! South Korea United Hospital (SK United) is the nation's largest hospital.

Youngjae: a 'star' doctor, which means he's liked by everyone in the hospital, patients, nurses, doctors, higher-ups, you name it, they all love him; very skilled; one of the best doctors; after marriage he got promoted as the second-in-command after the Senior Doctor Yenny; closest friends are his nurse, Sana, and the front-desk receptionist, Ryeowook; knows how to fight and use weapons since he was trained by a war Lieutenant while on his job overseas in the military; best friend of Jinyoung

AND I GUESS THAT'S ALL (?) IF THERE'S ANYTHING ELSE RELATING TO BACKGROUND INFO (by bg info I mean info that's already been mentioned) THAT Y'ALL CONFUSED ON FEEL FREE TO ASK (but to new readers who are jumping straight into the SEQUEL without reading the ORIGINAL, I actually do recommend you to read LOVE, it'll probably would help clarifies a lot of future things) (but I'll still try my best to re-mention stuff... unless I become a bit slacking... so good luck~)

UNTIL THE NEXT TIME~ STAY SAFE MY BEAUTIFUL CREATURES~

###

 

 

 

 

    Padding his way up the staircase of the huge mansion, Jaebum quickly buttons his shirt cuff while humming softly to himself. He opened the door to his shared master bedroom with his husband, who’s still sound asleep, cuddling against the plush cushions of the white covers. Jaebum smiled warmly as he headed over to the bed. 

 

 

    “Wake up, babe,” Jaebum lightly pats the bump under the sheets that’s assumed to be his husband’s head. “Breakfast’s ready and you need to get to work.”

 

 

    A small whine escaped from under the covers. Fingers lazily gripping on the hem of the blanket, slowly pulling down, revealing an annoyed, and cute, Youngjae with sleepy eyes, bare shoulders and neck full of fading love bites. 

 

 

    Jaebum couldn’t contain himself from the adorable sight and dipped down, stealing a kiss from Youngjae. “Stop. Morning breath,” Youngjae groaned hoarsely and attempted to weakly pushing Jaebum’s face away. 

 

 

    “Don’t care,” was the agent’s simple reply before diving down again to capture those lips he loves so much. 

 

 

    “Jaebum!” 

 

 

    Pressing their foreheads together, Jaebum grinned, “we’ve been married for three years now, Jae. Morning breath shouldn’t keep me away from kissing my angel.” 

 

 

    Youngjae gave up on protesting and allowed himself to melts into the sweet morning kiss. During their sloppy tongue battle, Youngjae tenderly grazed his fingertips at Jaebum’s nape, teasing the freshly cut dark wine locks, earning for himself a soft groan. Youngjae broke away from the kiss first with a lazy smile and eyes gazing up at Jaebum’s now messed up hair and slightly flushed face. “I’ll be down in ten.” 

 

 

    Sighing, Jaebum his fingertips against his husband’s neck, ghosting over the red marks that’s on its way to vanishing within pale skin, admiring his own work like an artist falling in love with his canvas. “You always say that.” 

 

 

    “Jaebum-” 

 

 

    “Get up or you’ll be late. Actually, we’ll be late.” 

 

 

    “Honey-“

 

    

    “No, stop. Don’t pull that card on me, Jae. Come on!” The agent removed himself off the bed and proceeded to roll his husband with the white bed sheets. 

 

 

    Youngjae screamed in respond, defending himself from being aggressively force into a human burrito. “Jaebummie! Babe~”

 

 

    “Stop with the endearments. I’m the one who’s saying those around here, not you, babe.” In no time… Well, with a little bit of a struggle because Youngjae could sure fight even though he’s completely under those sheets and currently harboring a sore bottom… Jaebum finally got the doctor in a tight wrap and carried the squirming male firmly in his arms, heading to the bathroom. “Be a good boy, Jae.” 

 

 

    “NO!” Youngjae shouted, arms flailing around like a kid throwing a tantrum. “Let. Me. Down. Im Jaebum.” 

 

 

    The said agent rolled his eyes and dropped the moving body into the bathtub. Youngjae hissed painfully as his rear meets with the hard surface. In the matter of less than one second, Jaebum was already on his knees, kneeling close to the tub with an extremely worried expression etched across his handsome face. “Youngjae? Are you okay? Did I hurt you? Baby, I’m so sorry-“

 

 

    “I’m fine, Jaebum,” Youngjae replied as he tried to untangle his limbs from the restrains of the sheets. 

 

 

    “But-“

 

 

    “It’s okay, Jaebum. I’m fine. Stop frowning. It’s cute, but stop it,” the doctor poked his husband’s cheek. “You’re making me sad, too.” 

 

 

     “This is all my fault,” Jaebum sighed, “maybe I shouldn’t be too-“ 

 

 

    Youngjae just giggled and reached a hand out to pat Jaebum’s cheek, “why are you acting like this is the first time? Again, it’s no big deal. I’m okay. Everything’s fine.” And with a playful wink, he added, “be as rough as you want.” 

 

 

    “Jae-ah-“

 

 

    “Are you going to get out? I need to shower,” Youngjae interrupted instead, already feeling embarrassed about his brave audacity to ing winks. 

 

 

    “Do you need help?” There was something in Jaebum’s low voice that raised red flags. The doctor quickly shook his head and pulled the sheets up to his neck, attempting to cover his bare torso of soft pale skin decorated with random angry dots of red and purple here and there. Jaebum tried, “I mean you can barely stand-“

 

 

    “Jaebum, the last time we’ve took a morning shower together, we both were two hours late to work. So… And plus you’ve already taken one-“

 

 

    “One by myself.”

 

 

    Looking at Jaebum with unamused eyes, Youngjae pursed his lips. “Get out, Im.” 

 

 

    Pouting, Jaebum left a kiss on Youngjae’s forehead before standing up. “I’ll be downstairs waiting for you. If you need anything, just scream.” 

 

 

    Youngjae nodded while mouth letting out a sign, “yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.” 

 

 

    Reluctant to leave, Jaebum bit his lower lip and swayed on his feet, definitely expecting something. But all Youngjae did was quirked an eyebrow. Lips returning to a sad pout, Jaebum gave up and headed on out, allowing his husband to have some ‘privacy.’ 

 

 

    And of course, like always, the doctor called out softly from the bathtub, “I love you, Jaebum.” 

 

    

    The agent skipped his way down the stairs with a bright smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Tens of minutes roll by as the room full of agents discuss their newly assigned mission. The atmosphere wore thick. The serious looks on everyone’s face were enough to choke a band of mafias to death. Seems like the mission was a bothersome one. But nothing that Special Unit G, the best Unit, can’t handle. After all, they were being led my JYP’s Sector’s best agent, Captain Im and Vice Captain Park. And the Vice Captain of E.C.I., Jackson Wang. It would be an All-Kill Team if E.C.I’s Captain was also there. 

 

 

    “I expect everyone to give me immediate reports regarding this case and everything you all manage to find out through your research,” Jaebum’s voice was no joke, laced with the power of a strong commander. “Don’t slack and don’t copy others. Or I’ll make sure to chop off your hands since you don’t know how to use them properly to do your own research.” 

 

 

    Jackson rolled his eyes and crossed his arms against his chest. “Relax, Jaebum.” He turned to his team of foreigners. “All right, listen up, we are the Elite Corporation of Inter-protection. We’re the exchanged team, extremely trained from the States, extremely capable of doing just about anything. So, don’t think about slacking off just because your Captain ain’t around. Don’t disappoint me. Or your Captain.” Jackson paused. “Especially your Captain. I’m nicer than Jaebum, so I won’t cut off your hands, but Mark, oh, no, no, no, Mark ain’t nice. You think Captain Im is mean, you definitely have not seen how evil Captain Tuan can be. So do your damn job.”

 

 

    The entire twenty people of E.C.I. replied in unison with a firm “yes, sir,” making Unit G’s agents turned the heads. Although the two teams have been working together for a very long time now, the amount of teamwork and seriousness of the E.C.I. still surprises Unit G. The rumors were right. Never mess with Captain Tuan’s team; they’re all scary people with poker faces. Rarely cracks a smile. But they’re very nice and talented. Just a bit overboard with the coldness. 

 

 

    Bambam leaned over to his best friend and whispered, “they’re like robots.”

 

 

    Yugyeom whispered back, “maybe they are…?” 

 

 

    “Bambam, Yugyeom,” a tired, yet vexed, voice of the Vice Captain knocked the two youngest agents back to their sense of the real world. “You kids wanna share something?”

 

 

    Yugyeom shook his head “no” while Bambam looked down at his clasped hands. Jinyoung leaned back in his chair, “if there’s nothing, then shut the up and stop gossiping among yourself.”

 

 

    And there it goes. Everyone in the room knew exactly that their Vice Captain Park wasn’t in any type of mood today. Jaebum looked over to his Vice with concerned eyes. Jackson just sighed heavily and returned to twirling his fountain pen between his quick fingers. A moody Park Jinyoung is a moody Chairman Park. And a moody Chairman Park never results in anything pretty. 

 

 

    “Where the is Mark when we all need him,” Jackson muttered softly under his breath, getting himself ready if Jinyoung decided to unleash his inner Crown Prince of Hell. 

 

 

    “Not here, obviously,” Jaebum cleared his throat, eyes flickering up at the agents in the room, signaling that the meeting is now over and everyone can get the out. Before the Beast breaks its chains. In matters of seconds, the huge meeting room becomes empty except for the three that’s still sitting. Turning to Jinyoung, Jaebum asked softly, “are you okay?”

 

 

    Vice Captain Wang scoffed, “of course not. Look at him, Jaebum. How can he be okay? Does he even look okay? Like, damn, Jinyoung, you look like you’ve just woken up from the dead.”

 

 

    “You’ll be the next one dead if you don’t shut the up, Wang,” Jinyoung growled dangerously, his eyes glazing with the thirst for blood. 

 

 

    Jaebum threw a pen at Jackson, “stop it. Don’t mess with him.” 

 

 

    “I’m not!” Jackson protested loudly, voice shrilling and bounced off the walls. “I’m not the one who’s pissing and taking his anger and frustration out on every ing thing that he sees!”

 

 

    Jinyoung glared, eyes boring holes into the blonde, irritation rises little by little. “Wang-“

 

 

    Jackson didn’t back down. He’s tired of this . Sure, he’ll die for acting up against the most powerful Chairman on Earth, but he’s frustrated, too. He needs to vent out. “I completely get that you miss the out of your husband and whatnot, but can you chill out for a bit? It’s only been three months. I’m sure you guys went through much longer in the past. Three months must mean nothing by this point of y’all perfect as marriage. So-“

 

 

    “Jackson, Mark has been gone for three months, not the mission is three months,” Jaebum rubbed his face with the palms of his hands, exhausted. The Captain just wants this to stop before fists were raised and a bloody physical fight breaks out, like the one happened last month. 

 

 

    Wang is currently doing a fine job at pushing Park over the edge of this ing cliff. 

 

 

    “SHUT THE UP WANG JACKSON,” Jinyoung was up on his feet, fists balling hard against the smooth surface of the long meeting table, eyes burning with rage. His entire demeanor screams out a loud “DANGER.”  

 

 

    Quick on his feet, Jaebum stepped in between the two. “Sit down, Jinyoung. There’s no need for this-“

 

 

    “THAT’S RIGHT! GET ANGRY PARK! GET ANGRY BECAUSE THAT’S THE ONLY YOU CAN DO WHEN YOUR HUSBAND IS OUT THERE DOING A ING DANGEROUS UNDERCOVER MISSION! GET ING ANGRY BECAUSE EVEN YOU DON’T KNOW HOW’S HE’S DOING!” Jackson roared, fury enveloped him. “MARK COULD BE ING DEAD AND YOU WOULDN’T KNOW!” 

 

 

    That was it. That was the trigger. Jaebum turned around, facing Jackson and raised his fist. The punch was expected. Jackson held his jaw in pain, hissing, but eyes still shine with determination. There has to be a solution to this mess. 

 

 

    “I said STOP IT JACKSON,” Captain Im shouted. 

 

 

    Now all three of them are angry, mad, furious, anything and everything that’s in relation to dark clouds and toxics. 

 

 

    “Fine,” Jackson gritted his teeth, “but I’m not apologizing for wanting to know where the in this goddamn world is my Captain, my friend.” 

 

 

    It’s a first that Jaebum was the one to resort to violence against Jackson. Usually it would be Jinyoung. But Vice Captain Park was quite good at controlling himself, despite feeling the ugly crawling feeling all over his veins. “And you think I don’t? you, Jackson. No one cares for Mark more than I do. No one worries about his well-being more than I do. I’m his husband DAMNIT! YOU THINK I DON’T WORRY ABOUT MY OWN HUSBAND THESE PAST THREE MONTHS OF NO PHONE CALLS, NO CONTACTS, NO ING POSSIBLE WAY TO REACH HIM BECAUSE HE’S ING UNDERCOVER? YOU THINK I’M NOT SCARED IF ONE DAY I GET A CALL FROM THE STATES TELLING ME THAT MY HUSBAND GOT KILLED SOMEWHERE DURING THE MISSION? I-“

 

 

    “ENOUGH. NO MORE. BOTH OF YOU.” Jaebum slammed his clenched fist down on the table. The sound shook the whole room. The Captain’s knuckles started ripping with streams of blood oozing out. Probably going to taint the carpet floor, but none of them could care less about that right now. Giving both Jinyoung and Jackson one last ice-cold pierce of his sharp eyes, Jaebum left the room, slamming the door on his way out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    “DOCTOR IM! DOCTOR IM!” Sana ran down the corridors of the hospital, voice screaming out loud for a certain doctor. “YOUNGJAE! IM YOUNGJAE!” The nurse changed formalities, finding it better to resort to her close friend’s name because this situation is an emergency. 

 

 

    The said doctor poked his head out from his office. “What’s going on?” 

 

 

    Sana grabbed Youngjae’s arm and dragged him down the hall in lightning speed, completely ignoring the male’s obvious confused face. “You have to hurry or the entire hospital is going to go crazy.” 

 

 

    “What-“

 

 

    Ryeowook, the hospital’s front desk receptionist, came running down in a hurry and grabbed Youngjae’s other arm. “Thank God you’re free. Hurry before he dies!” 

 

 

    “Who?” Youngjae wasn’t sure what was going on. All he knows was that he was getting ready for his usual lunch with his best friend just a couple of minutes ago. And now he’s being dragged to the front with two of his closest hospital friends giving him vague information of someone dying. 

 

 

    “HIM,” Ryeowook pointed towards the huge, fancy, new front desk. “I swear when he walked in I dropped everything and told Sana to go get you. Oh, my God, help him, Youngjae! He’s going to die.” The receptionist’s face was filled with genuine worried. 

 

 

    Youngjae lifted his head and looked towards the front. 

 

    

    One.

 

 

    Two.

 

 

    Thr-

 

 

    “OH MY GOD,” Youngjae gasped as he immediately broke free from his friends grasps. His feet picked up and ran forwards. “Jae-Jaebum!” 

 

 

    Jaebum looked up and barely smiled at Youngjae when the doctor already dashed quickly over. The first thing Youngjae took a hold of was his husband’s bloodied hand that’s covered carelessly with white tissue papers. Being a doctor, Youngjae kept calm, no, scratch that, when it comes to Jaebum being hurt, Youngjae can’t remain composed. “Are you okay? What-what happened? Jaebum what-“

 

 

    “I’m fine,” the agent smiled softly, still using the blood-soaked tissue to wipe the blood. “See-“

 

 

    “No, you’re not,” Youngjae frowned, turning to his nurse, “Sana, inform Senior Doctor that my lunch break will be a little longer than usual today."

 

 

    Without a single beat of hesitation, Sana nodded her head, “of course. I’ll let her know. You go and take care of Jaebum.” 

 

 

    “Thank you,” Youngjae cracked a small apologetic smile. “Now, you’re coming with me.” The doctor carefully grabbed a hold of his agent husband’s injured hand and dragged the latter down to his office. When they entered the doctor’s office, Jaebum was already being forced to sit down on the sofa. Youngjae jogged back behind his desk.

 

 

    “It’s really nothing, Jae-ah. I’m a Captain for God’s sake. This doesn’t even hurt-“ 

 

 

    “I don’t ing care who you are, Jaebum. This probably doesn’t mean much to you, but to me, you getting yourself hurt, it ing stabs me in the heart.” Youngjae rummaged through his cabinets, taking out alcohol, gauzes, cottons, antibiotics, anything that he could get his hands on. He returned with the items and laid them all out on the coffee table in front of Jaebum. “How many times have I’ve told you to be careful, Jaebum-ah? I’ve told you so many times to take care of yourself when you’re on your job. Why won’t you listen, Im Jaebum?” The doctor’s hands worked fast, removing the soaked tissue and softly clean the cuts on the agent’s knuckles with an alcohol-damped cotton, earning a soft hiss. Youngjae looked up at his husband, “does it hurt?” 

 

 

    Jaebum bit his lower lip, “a bit. You are putting on alcohol- AH!” 

 

    

    “That’s what you get for making me worry,” Youngjae puts pressure on the cotton, causing Jaebum to occasionally let out moans of pain. “. I hate you so much. Why are you doing this to yourself? I know you’re not a reckless person, Jaebum-ah. But I can’t help it. I worry a lot, you know? It freaks me out whenever I get a call from your Chief-Commander or Jinyoung or Mark-hyung or anyone who works with you. The worse scenarios are always on my mind. I just get so ing terrified and-“

 

 

    Youngjae’s words were cut off as soft lips were moving against his lovingly, drenched in pure emotions. The doctor responded back, answering to his husband’s confessions. Jaebum pulled away first, his other hand softly Youngjae’s cheek while his eyes glistened with happiness. With a smile, Jaebum leaned in and kiss Youngjae’s forehead. “I’m sorry. I promise I won’t make you worry again.” 

 

 

    Sighing, Youngjae puts down the cotton and picks up the bottle of antibiotics, proceeding to twist the cap open. “You always say that. But you don’t keep your promises very well.” The pain had already subsided as Youngjae applied a small amount of antibiotics on Jaebum’s knuckles. 

 

 

    Taking the doctor’s chin between his fingers, Jaebum lifted Youngjae’s face up to look at him directly. “I promise, Youngjae.” 

 

 

    “Okay, I’ll believe you then,” Youngjae smiled softly and Jaebum lets go, allowing his doctor husband to treat his wounds. “What happened, though? This looks like you pounded your fist on a hard surface.” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung and Jackson,” Jaebum sighed tiredly, “that’s what happened.”

 

 

    “Again?” Youngjae knows. Of course he would. The only thing Jinyoung would talks and cries about whenever they’re having their daily lunch together is Mark Tuan, who’s been missing and wiped off the surface of Earth for three months. Youngjae finished bandaging his husband’s hand and held it, running his thumb over the gauze-covered knuckles.

 

 

    Jaebum’s hand aches. Not from the wounds. But from the urge to lace their fingers together. So that’s what he did. And while doing so, the agent dropped his head on the doctor’s shoulder, suddenly feeling very, very, very tired. But Youngjae’s lavender scent was already enough to keep him awake. “Everything was going to be under control until Jackson went and opened his mouth about Mark being dead and I just lost it. I punched him for Jinyoung, and for me, I guess. And then Jinyoung was all fired up, and it was just… I don’t know… It was awful. So I…” 

 

 

    “Slammed your fist on that hard wooden meeting room’s desk?” Youngjae finished for his husband, fingers raking over the agent’s hair, messing up that gelled-up 'agent' look of his. 

 

 

    Jaebum chuckled, “yes, of course you’ll know.” 

 

 

    “If I didn’t know, we shouldn’t even be married,” Youngjae smiled and planted a kiss on Jaebum’s head. 

 

 

    “Mmhhmm I’m so tired, baby…” 

 

 

    “I guess we’re not eating lunch then? Well, Jinyoung isn’t going to come to eat with me today…” 

 

 

    “ Jinyoung,” Jaebum scoffed. “You have me.” 

 

 

    Youngjae laughed, “but you’re tired and probably don’t want to eat!” 

 

 

    “I’ll eat you.” 

 

 

    Quirking an eyebrow, the doctor tried to regain his professional composure. “Right. You’re not.” 

 

 

    Removing his head off of Youngjae’s shoulder, Jaebum pushed his husband down on the sofa, “I am.” 

 

 

    And Youngjae panics, “b-but I thought you said you-you’re ti-tired??” Jaebum makes his way to kissing down his husband’s neck, mouthing every inch of skin his lips touched. Youngjae just freaks out even more. “Jae- ah- w-wait- Jae-Jaebum! You c-can’t! I’m a-at work! Jaebum!” 

 

 

    “That’s nice. I’ve always wanted to try doing you at work,” Jaebum looked up with a devilish smirk. “Your walls are pretty thin, right?” 

 

 

    Squirming, Youngjae tried to fight back, and he could. He could easily lift himself and flip Jaebum over in one move. But he looked over and saw Jaebum’s bandaged hand. The agent instantly knows his winning point. “Jae-ah~ I’m hurt~ You’re not going to hurt me more, right?” 

 

    

    The doctor was frustrated. He’s capable of stopping this, but he can’t. Because he didn’t want to hurt his beloved husband. So biting down on his swollen, red bottom lip, Youngjae cursed, “.”

 

 

    Grinning, Jaebum leaned down and kissed Youngjae’s ear, whispering sweetly into the doctor’s poor soul, “yeah, we’ll do just that.”  

 

 

    “Jaebum~ Y-you c-can’t! Wh-what if-“ 

 

 

    “That’s your problem, babe.”

 

 

    “I-I’m-“ Youngjae decided to risk it. Jaebum’s a Captain. A little more hurt isn’t going to  do to someone like Im Jaebum. With his left hand that’s freed from his husband’s grip, Youngjae pushed hard against Jaebum’s jaw, causing the agent’s head to be forced back. 

 

 

    “Seriously?” Jaebum groaned, quite annoyed, but there’s a bit of playfulness, too. “I’m practically on top of you, Jae, a push to my face isn’t going to do anything.” 

 

 

    Youngjae rolled his eyes, “ you, Im Jaebum.”

 

 

    “Oh, okay, well, why didn’t you just say so-“

 

    

    The doctor’s face flushed red as he realized what he had just said, “God, you’re hopeless! That-that’s n-not what I me-mean!”

 

 

    “So, you?” 

 

 

    “Yes- wait- what- I mean-“ Youngjae’s couldn’t voiced it out before Jaebum abruptly attacked his lips. But Youngjae isn’t going down like this. Sure, he’s not Choi Youngjae, but being Im Youngjae doesn’t change the fact that he’s Youngjae. And being Youngjae means being a fighter until he drops. 

 

 

    Jaebum was gradually losing patience at his husband’s fierce resistant. Who wouldn’t be when a hand is pushing at the meet of your throat and jaw? Pushing hard. The agent was pretty much used to Youngjae’s ability to resort down to tricks like these. But rarely does Youngjae wins, though, because in the end, he gets too tired and just wants to . 

 

 

    So Jaebum just waits until his husband is spent of physical energy to use close-range combat. 

 

 

    “I’m telling you,” Youngjae panted, feeling himself slowly getting drained, “I’m at work! We could do this at home, Jaebum! But I have work-“

 

 

    Jaebum snapped his eyes open as something felt incredibly wrong as the doctor’s left hand weakly falls, lingering warm touches. Youngjae tensed up as he noticed the shift in his husband’s eyes. The excitement and impatience from seconds ago were gone. Now replaced with a questioned look and something along the line of disappointment. 

 

 

    “Jaebum… Honey, what’s wrong?” Youngjae asked, concerned at the hurt expression that’s evidenced itself on Jaebum’s gorgeous face.

 

 

    “Youngjae.”

 

 

    “Yes?”

 

 

    “Where’s your ring?”