0 0 7

OPERATION: US (SEQUEL)

 

 


 

 

 

 

    Their fingers tangled within each other's hands. Endearing smiles decorated their faces as they looked at each other. Their eyes sparkled under the light of the warm sun. Although it's quite hot, their bodies still sought comfort from each other.


 

    Youngjae laughed, a sound that's so melodious in Jaebum's ears. "Move over! It's hot!"


 

    A whine left Jaebum's lips as he scooted closer, wrapping his arms tightly onto his husband's waist. "No~ Don't want to!"


 

    "Stop being a baby, Jaebum," Youngjae sighed.


 

    "You were the one who suggested to go laid out in this weather."


 

    Rolling his eyes, Youngjae lightly pushed his bothersome husband over, "I said 'let's go and relax under the early morning sunshine because it's good for your body' not 'let's go and cuddle the heck out of each other in this hot weather.' Learn the difference, Im."


 

    "Sounds the same to me," Jaebum smiled mischievously, "besides, I don't need the sun. I've got you, Sunshine."


 

    If Youngjae could, he would have smacked Jaebum, but his arms were trapped at the moment. So instead, he blushed and sassily rolled his eyes, "you're disgusting."


 

    The action only made Jaebum chuckled softly before planting a kiss on his husband's forehead, "yeah, love you, too."


 

    “You’re so cheesy! Don’t be like Mark and Jinyoung, please.”

 

    

    Jaebum laughed, snuggling closer, if that was even possible. “I’m fine. I’d rather die.”


 

    “Oh, my God, Jaebum, there’s literally space to fit, like, five people on this bed. Scoot over!”


 

    “NO! I want to cuddle! Let me cuddle!”


 

    “You’re such a child, oh, my God, come on!”


 

    Youngjae squirmed, trying to set himself free, but Jaebum was much stronger, holding the doctor in his place. The struggle went on for a while until Youngjae eventually gave out, opted to allow his body to slump against Jaebum. The agent smiled, knowing his husband all too well. “That’s not a good trait, baby. Don’t give up when you can’t fight your way out just yet.”


 

    “Not my fault you’re all about chaining me,” Youngjae scoffed.


 

    “I just want my baby to keep fighting even though it’s hard. Don’t ever give up. That’s a no no, got it?”


 

    “You’re saying it like I’m not a fighter.”


 

    Jaebum lets his fingers sliding against the softness of Youngjae’s cheek, “I know you are. You’re the hardest fighter I’ve known. You’ve been fighting all your life. And I’m proud of you. I just… I just want to say that don’t give up just because you’re out of energy and exhausted. Don’t let whatever it is you’re fighting wins. You have to win, Youngjae-ah. Don’t let go. Fight and win. Doesn’t matter how painful or how hard. All you need to do is fight. If you fight for it, you’ll have it in the end.”



 

    They shared a long stare. It’s one of those moments that Youngjae had grown to gotten used to. “I don’t always dig you giving life lessons out of nowhere, but then again, I do give you medical lectures sometimes, too. So, we’re even.”


 

    “Might as well make it meaningful, since you’ve stopped struggling. I’m barely using any strength on you, babe.”


 

    “Excuse you, but your strength and mine are different. Consider me sometimes, Jaebum.”


 

    The agent sighed, loosen his hold a little, just a little. “I’m trying to be a the loving husband, and here you are, making it difficult for me.”


 

    Biting his lip, Youngjae smiled, “you don’t have to try, Jaebum. You’re already a loving husband. Thank you.”


 

    “And you said not to be like Mark and Jinyoung?”


 

    Having enough of Jaebum’s unnecessary , Youngjae finally gave the agent a deserving slap on his chest. “I’m making the mood here! Don’t ruin it.”


 

    “Mood for , I hope?”


 

    “No, Jaebum, what the ? This is a swinging bed, mind you. We’ll break it!” Youngjae groaned, faking irritation, “so it’s this why you’ve been all up in my personal space? You’re frustrated?”


 

    “Uh, no... “ Jaebum carefully answered, eyes averting Youngjae’s glares, “not for the most part... ? But it would makes sense since we didn’t do anything last night…”


 

    “Still no. This thing is expensive. I’m not about to fill in the reasoning box with ‘we had and it suddenly broke.’ And plus, I bought this for relaxing purposes.”


 

     Jaebum rolled his eyes, “honey, please, you make millions a month anyways.”


 

     “I’m going to cut you, Im Jaebum.”


 

     Gasping, Jaebum stared at his husband in horror, “Youngjae! How could you speak to your own husband like that?!”


 

     Youngjae shrugged and rolled over onto his side, back facing Jaebum. “Don’t talk to me.”


 

     Jaebum smiled behind Youngjae’s back and proceed to coax the doctor. “Jae-ah~ Jae-ah, are you mad? I’m sorry, okay?”


 

     Getting no response, Jaebum sighed softly, still determined, “babe~ Come on~ I said I’m sorry~” His voice gotten a lot more whiny and exceeded to a higher octave as he puffed his cheeks and batting his eyelashes with pouty lips.


 

      Youngjae quirked an eyebrow. “Jaebum… Please, don’t tell me you’re acting cute right now.”


 

      “Jae-ah~”


 

      “Oh, my God,” the doctor quickly turned back to facing his husband, “okay, I got it. Apology accepted. I love you, but please, stop doing that…”  


 

      Jaebum pouted, “I thought you like cute stuff.”


 

      “There’s a difference between naturally cute and forceful cute, all right? Don’t traumatize me. I like it when it’s natural.”


 

      Immediately, Jaebum’s face turned serious like how he always has it, a resting face. A handsome resting face. “You’re saying I’m not cute?”


 

      “Well, no, not technically. You’re more hot than you are cute,” Youngjae replied, almost too quickly after seeing how discouraged Jaebum looked. “That’s not a bad thing, though! I mean, yes, I do like cute things, but I like you more.”


 

      “Like?”


 

      “Love,” Youngjae corrected right away, “I meant love.”


 

      The scary, alpha, aura surrounding Jaebum dissolved in an instant. His emotionless eyes and slight frown were replaced with a wide grin as his eyes disappeared behind fondness. “I love you, too! Muwah!” And Jaebum showered Youngjae’s face with kisses.


 

      Giggling, Youngjae yelped, “s-stop it!”


 

      “I’ll stop when you kisses me back!”


 

      As soon as the demand slipped from Jaebum’s mouth, a sweet kiss was delivered upon his lips, slow and soft. Jaebum smiled into the kiss, satisfied with the reply he had received.


 

      “Happy now?” Youngjae pouted, cheeks flaming, as he pulled away, lowering his head to avoid Jaebum’s gaze.


 

      “Of course! I’m always happy with you!” Jaebum laughed, pulling his husband into his loving embrace, “I’m the happiest when I’m with you! Youngjae-ah, I love you a lot~ Don’t let me go!”


 

      “I love you, too! Jaebummie, I’ll never let you go!”





 

===





 

      “Jae-” His eyes snapped open. Sweats slowly rolled down the side of his face, damping the pillow beneath his head. Tears peeking at the corners of his eyes. He blinked. His labored breaths was swallowed by the sound of his beating heart. He didn’t know how tight his fists were clenched, gripping onto the blanket that’s covering his tired body.


 

      Youngjae stared blankly at the ceiling of an unfamiliar room. His head ached from the waters that had entered through his ears and nostrils. His hands were shaking from whatever it was that he had experienced. Whatever it was that he had dreamt of. Youngjae couldn’t stop himself. The control he had over his sanity went wandering on its own. Life had neglected him altogether. But Death didn’t even wants him. 


 

      Shutting his eyes tight and opened them again, Youngjae tried to clear his head. Clear his head from the stupidity that he had acted on. Why did he do that? Why? Did he thought Death was going to solve this puzzle for him? Did he thought that everything would ends peacefully after his sacrifice? Why? Youngjae had been suicidal, but not to this extent that he actually tried to kill himself.  


 

      His hands still shook violently as he bit his lip, suppressing his cries at his pitiful self. And then a warmth, a tender warmth, enveloped his cold hands. “Youngjae-ah... “


 

      That voice alone withdrew every last breath. Youngjae refused to look. He was scared. He didn’t want it to end.


 

      “Look at me, please.


 

      He didn’t want it to end like his dream.


 

      “Come on, please, Youngjae, please, I’m-”


 

      “You shouldn’t be here,” Youngjae said, hating his voice for sounding so calm when his mind is racing against time and heart is beating like a wild animal trapped inside a rusting cage.


 

      “Goddamnit, Youngjae, ing look at me!


 

      The quivering of his lips and trembling of his desperate voice left wounds on Youngjae’s fragile heart. Youngjae gathered up his courage and ignored the tears streaming down his face, “get out. Who let you in? You’re not welcome here.”


 

      “Young-”


 

      “Jaebum,” Youngjae cut sharply, “leave.”


 

      Silence danced around with the suffocating air of unease. Everything rang loudly in Youngjae’s ears, yet, he remained unaffected and cold. But at the same time, he knew. He knew what’s going to happen next. And it will be something that’ll haunts him for the rest of his days.


 

      Youngjae waited. Waiting for it to come crashing at him. Waiting for it to scream at him. Waiting for it to torture him. Shred him to pieces. Beat him until his last breath.


 

      “D-don’t throw me away, Youngjae-ah... “ Jaebum pleaded, desperation and pain shook in every word.


 

      Youngjae’s heart shattered and its shards stabbed his flesh. One by one.


 

      Jaebum cried.


 

      And suddenly, Youngjae didn’t care about the world. Suddenly, Youngjae wished his body would be back at that pool, drowning and struggling to breathe. It’s his punishment. His punishment for giving up. His punishment for letting go. His punishment for breaking their promises together. His punishment for throwing the only one who matters to him away. “Leave, Jaebum. Don’t… Don’t let me see you again. We’re done for, Jaebum. Do you understand?”


 

      The reply never came. At least not in coherent words. Just sniffs and cries. Youngjae held himself close as he tried his best to control the urge to reach out, wrap his husband in an assuring embrace, and apologize. But instead, Youngjae just listened to Jaebum cries, feeling the burning of his heart and soul as they burst in angry flames. Youngjae didn’t even spared Jaebum a glance.


 

      The torture dragged on longer and longer.


 

      Youngjae only knew it ended when he heard the soft closing of the door.


 

      And he was left alone.


 

      Unable to pretend any longer, Youngjae draped an over his eyes and bit his lip as silent cries escaped his mouth and tears pouring and pouring from his soft eyes, reminding him how much he loves Jaebum.





 

===





 

      “Darling!”


 

      Jinyoung cracked a small smile, trying his hardest to not look so broken. “Mama,” he said in English.


 

      “Hold on, sweetie, let me get your Dad, too!”


 

      He watched through his laptop screen, as the woman whom he called ‘Mama’ got up from her seat and disappeared somewhere to the side, out of the webcam’s view. She returned shortly after with her husband. Both excited to see their lovely son-in-law.

 

      “Jinyoung! How are you? You haven’t call in a while!” Mister Tuan exclaimed in his cheerful, accented, Korean. His charming smile reaching from ear to ear.


 

      Jinyoung smiled back, “hey, Papa! I’m sorry. It’s been very busy… I’ll do better next time.”


 

      “Oh, no, no, darling. It’s all right if you’re busy. We know you got a lot to do!” Missus Tuan shook her head enthusiastically with a motherly smile adorning her lively face.


 

      Seeing them like this made everything harder for Jinyoung. So much harder.


 

      “Are you home, dear? Alone?”


 

      “No, Mom, well, yes, I’m home, but not alone. Jaebum and Youngjae are upstairs.”


 

      “Oh? Why are they upstairs if this is your house?”


 

      “Mom... “ Jinyoung chuckled, understanding the slight implication lingering in his mother-in-law’s question.


 

      Mister Tuan sighed, “I’m sorry you have to hear that, Jinyoung. Your Mom is just too happy that she gets to see you. Right, honey?”


 

      “Yes! I miss you so much, my baby. When are you coming back to L.A.?”


 

      “I…” Jinyoung averted his eyes away from the screen. “Soon… I’ll come back… I’ll come back soon… With Mark.”  


 

      “We’ll wait for you,” Mister Tuan said, voice laced with comfort that Jinyoung needs. “Both of you.”


 

      Jinyoung swallowed the lump in his throat, casting his eyes down in shame.


 

      The action was too obvious. “Honey, what’s wrong?” Missus Tuan asked, worried written a poem over her kind features.


 

      They all didn’t say anything for a good while. The Tuans wanted to give Jinyoung a little space. The tension hanging in the air evidenced clearly even through the screen. The parents was confused, but they trusted their beloved son-in-law no matter what.


 

       “I…” Jinyoung began, voice shaking and face full of shame, as he looked up to the screen. Devastation rides across his face like a game of chase. Guilt builds a home within the irises of his bold eyes. The confidence in himself collapsed along with his courage. “I’m so s-sor-sorry… It’s… It’s all my fault. I couldn’t… I couldn’t protect him. I’m sorry. I… I-”


 

       “Jin-Jinyoung-ah, calm down, breathe…” Missus Tuan panicked after seeing her normally composed son-in-law breaks down. “Tell us what happened. Calm down and tell us what had happened, Jinyoung-ah. Where’s Mark? Shouldn’t he be home by now? His mission is over, right?”


 

       Jinyoung lets the soothing words of a kind mother moved him. Taking a deep breath, Jinyoung told them. He told them everything. He told them about Mark and him. He told them how much he had hated Mark, and how much Mark had hated him. He told them about his dark past, about the horrible things he had done, about the monster he truly is. But he also told them how Mark had tamed him, changed him, shaped him into the person he is today. And also told them how dependent he is on Mark, how Mark is the only reason that he’s this way, how Mark is the only one in this world who could keep him grounded, how Mark is everything he has.


 

       The more secrets he spilt, the more he cries, but he pushed through his tears to tell his story. His and Mark’s story. “He had done so much for me, yet, I couldn’t even protect him. I’m so sorry... I miss him so much. I… I-”


 

       No other words were exchanged. Missus Tuan began softly sniffling while her husband wrapped her up in his protective arms. The truths they’re hearing shook their emotions. They’re surprised that their son-in-law was a person like that; a person that became corrupted because of power. Jinyoung is such a sweet child. It doesn’t makes sense. But why would Jinyoung lie about something like that?


 

       All type of emotions bubbling inside them. Should they be angry because they were lied to? Should they be forgiving? Should they-


 

       But one thing was for sure.


 

       It didn’t change how they have always viewed their precious son-in-law.


 

       Because they’ve seen it.


 

       They’ve seen how happy their own son is whenever Jinyoung’s by his side.


 

       “It’s okay, Jinyoung-ah,” Mister Tuan was the first to break the silence. “You’re still a part of this family no matter what. The past is the past. Let’s put it behind us. No need to return to it. We don’t care who you were back then. We only care who you are right now. And you’re a good person, my dear. Mark loves you. And we love you, too. We could never ask for a better son-in-law. You’re perfect, Jinyoung-ah.”


 

       With Papa Tuan’s words, Jinyoung burst into tears again. He could never imagined he’ll be accepted.


 

       Missus Tuan reached out towards the screen to touch it, as if she’s trying to wipe those tears from her son’s beautiful face, “oh, poor baby…You’ll be okay, sweetie. You’ll be okay… We’re always here for you. Don’t cry… You’re making me cry, too!”


 

       “M-mama… Pa-papa…” Jinyoung sniffled, wiping his tears with the back of his hands like a child, “t-thank you so much… I thought… I t-thought…”


 

       “Shhh. No thoughts. We should thank you for putting up with that horrible of a son,” Papa Tuan joked, trying to lightened up the mood.


 

       Jinyoung softly chuckled through his tears, “please, don’t talk that way about my husband,” he joked back.


 

        Despite their moment of overwhelming emotions, they still managed to laugh it off. The cozy atmosphere of a peaceful family remained as the foundation of their own great happiness.


 

       “And about Mark,” Mister Tuan said, seriousness throned upon his face, “we believe in you, and in him, also. Mark is a smart kid. He’ll get out of it. But Jinyoung-ah, if he told you not to do anything, then don’t. Let’s trust him.”


 

       “But Papa, I can’t-”


 

       “Jinyoung,” the authoritative voice of a worried father immediately shuts the young master up, “you’ve already left that life. Don’t go back to it. Even if it means putting Mark in danger. We don’t want you to rekindles that fire. If you can’t stop yourself, think about Mark. How would he feels? He’d rather let himself get killed than watch you become corrupted all over again.”


 

        His father-in-law was right. Jinyoung didn’t want to imagine how hurt Mark would feels. If there’s anything Jinyoung hates most is Mark getting hurt. Especially when the reason for that is Jinyoung. “Yes, I’ll just work with the K.N.S.S. for the time being…” He said obediently, biting his lower lip from adding “but if all else fails, I’m going to take matters in my own hands.”


 

       “Control yourself, son. We’re here whenever you need, all right-”


 

       Mister Tuan’s words were cut by an abrupt pop up of another family member, “Jinyoung! Hey, man! Good to see you. But I’ve got news,” Mark’s younger brother, Joey, invaded in between his parents.


 

       Jinyoung weren’t at all surprised, nor did he gave a proper verbal greeting, because Joey and him literally just phone-called each other yesterday. “What’s up?” Jinyoung nodded, English rolling off his tongue in a perfect American accent.


 

       “Your guards,” Joey said, “they’re gone.”


 

       “What?!” Being informed with newfound informations, Jinyoung’s earlier dismay vanished in an instant, now, being replaced by a rush of adrenaline and something dangerous. “What do you mean, Joey?”


 

       Seeing how grim his brother-in-law’s face looked, Joey sort of hesitated, but as the seconds poured longer, he was sure to be killed by those malicious eyes. “Um… Well, you know, the guards that’s always around the perimeter of our house, they’re not there anymore. I just went out a couple minutes ago to throw out the trash, and they weren’t there. I went out looking for them, but even their cars were all gone. So, I thought that you’ve called them back. Did you?”


 

       The look on the Chairman’s face had answered the question. The Tuans stared on, suddenly scared to move even a muscle. Now, they’re witnessing Chairman Park revealing himself. Jinyoung’s gentle eyes are now rock-hard and cold, piercing through the screen of the innocent laptop.


 

       Joey swallowed hard before quickly piped up, “well, I just wanted you to know. A-and also, my wife and I are here, too. Mama and Papa will be fine, so you don’t have to worry about u-us. Just… Just, please, find my brother… Everything here’s taken care of.”


 

       “What about Jason and Kristine?”


 

       “They’re here, too. They really wanted to see their Uncle Nyoungie, but they’re asleep now,” Joey assured with a small smile on his lips. “You take care over there! I’ve got this over here. No worries!”


 

       “If anything, I mean, anything, happens, immediately call me, okay?”


 

       “Yes, sir! Now, off you go save the world!”


 

       “Bye, Mom, Dad, Joey,” Jinyoung relaxed a bit and waved to the screen with a forced smile, letting his Chairman side slip away for a second. “Joey, tell your wife I said ‘hi’ and kiss the kids for me. I promise I’ll bring Mark back safely.”


 

        Another trail of “goodbyes” before Jinyoung ended the video call. He shuts down his laptop and sat there on the couch, mind already calculating a thousand things all at once. Before he could pick up his phone to call his bodyguard team to furiously curses them out, Jaebum came running down the stairs.


 

       “Jaebum? Hey, what’s wro-”


 

       “You shouldn’t have called me, Jinyoung,” Jaebum replied, voice muffled and cracking under the pressure of his sniffles and glassy eyes, “I shouldn’t have come.”


 

       “What the - Jaebum! Jae-” The door was slammed on Jinyoung’s face. The young master’s blood boiled to his brain. “What the ! You called me first and asked about Youngjae you tard! You know what? you, Im Jaebum! you and your goddamn parents! the ing Im Trading Commerce!”


 

       Jinyoung didn’t notice, but the Beast that’s sleeping within him is now wide awake.





 

===





 

       “Hello, sir. I am Matthew Cho,” the man bowed, “I’ve heard you’ll be needing my service?”


 

       Daniel looked at Matthew with hawk’s eyes, scanning the man in every way possible without speaking one word.


 

       “He’s your best chance, sir,” the translator told Daniel. “Chairman Im said he’s skilled in every field. And if he’s lacking, you can always train him. He’s a fast learner.”


 

       The English mafia boss glanced over at Master Im, who nodded and cracked a winning smirk. Daniel quirked an eyebrow, rubbing his chin with his forefinger, carefully deciding on this deal. At last, he looked up at the translator and said, “tell the man that if this piece of s up, I’m going after his old and his company.”


 

       The translator bit his lip, hesitating for a good second, before turning to Master Im, “Mister Craig would take the offer, sir. However, if anything goes wrong, negotiations are off the table.”


 

       Knowing how dangerous it is to make deals with mafias, Master Im didn’t think much about it. He’s here to destroy Park Group, and that’s what exactly he’ll do. “Then a deal is made.”


 

       With a confirming nod from the translator, Daniel faked a smile towards Chairman Im. The deal is sealed. He looked back at Matthew and a grin stretched devilishly on his lips as his blue eyes sparkled under the dim lights of the empty casino, “you’ll start your training tomorrow. The sooner, the better.”


 

       Matthew smiled and bowed politely again, “I won’t disappoint you, sir.”

 

    

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: How's it's going y'all? I hope you've all enjoyed this chapt.~ Don't be afraid and leave me tons of comments~ See y'all beautiful creatures again soon~

You could leave now because this is just a special shout-out to that one special reader.... ^_^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'M BLESSED WITH YOUR AWESOME EXISTENCE,  MY LOVELY BEST FRIEND. THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS SUPPORTING ME THROUGH THICK AND THIN. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY IDEAS AND FANGIRLING WITH ME AND WILLING TO READ EVERYTHING I'VE PUT OUT~ YOU'RE AMAZING AND KEEP BEING YOU! LOVE YOU LOTS~~  *throws paperhearts*  \(*~*)/

###