0 1 2

OPERATION: US (SEQUEL)

 

 

 

 

###

Author's Note: HAAAAAAAAI IT'S BEEN TOO LONGGG????? Well, I am BACK back. Still not mentally stable, but I am doing better than before. Thank you you all for waiting for soooo long~ US probably won't be finish this year, mainly, because I love this AU soooo much that it's hard for me to part with my ult series *sobs* One thing FOR SURE: I won't ever abandon anything I've started. Just hope everyone stay understanding like you all have been if I ever go off-rail. Maybe or maybe not there would be another season? <-- IDK about this so please don't take my words on it hahahaha It's just this genre has been my favorite to write ^_^ I love the angst and the action and the drama~

Anyways, BACK TO THE AWAITED RETURN~ It's been a while and for sure I've lost a lot of readers hahaha but that's fine~ This chapter is more MarkJin-centric with a little mention of 2Jae ^_^ The next update for US will be, as marked on my calendar, July 27! By the way, just curious, what's everyone's favorite character so far after reading through the OPERATION series :O

ENJOY AND LEAVE FEEDBACKS~ LOVE Y'ALL LOTS~

~###

 

 

 

 

 

    Jaehwan was confused. Didn’t he just saw Mark-hyungnim a few minutes ago? They even exchanged greetings. So who is this and why does this person sounded exactly like Mark-hyungnim? What even is happening right now?

 

 

    “Jaehwan? Hello?”

 

 

    “U-um… Who-who are you?”

 

 

    “I’m…” A pause. “I’m Mark.”

 

 

    This shocked the poor bodyguard. It can’t be. It’s impossible. He literally just saw-

 

 

    “Please, believe me,” the person begged, “I don’t have much time, Jaehwan-ah. Come meet me-“

 

 

    “What did you buy today?” Jaehwan cut through quickly. His heart was beating so loud in his own ears.

 

 

    Without missing a single beat, Mark replied calmly, “red beans.”

 

 

    At this moment, Jaehwan held his breath. There was no way. That’s it. That was the code. No one but his Mark-hyungnim and him knew about this code. It was their little secret. And this person, calling from a random phone booth, answered the code perfectly. How? Didn’t they brought Mark-hyungnim back home just some days ago? If they did, then how…

 

 

    “Track the phone booth’s location. There is a warehouse nearby. Come alone.” And the line went dead.

 

 

    Jaehwan panicked, fumbling his phone to send the call information to his underlings. This was scaring him. Maybe he’s slow-witted. Maybe he needed more sleep. Maybe he’s hearing things now. Jaehwan paced back and forth until a text message came with the location of the phone booth. Hands shaking, he contemplated whether or not he should go. He can’t risk it being a trap. But even if it’s a trap, no one knew about the code shared between them. So is it-

 

 

    “Hey,” the same voice as the person on the phone earlier rippled through Jaehwan’s mind. “What happened to him? To Jinyoung? Why did you bring him back injured? Shouldn’t you take him to the hospital?”

 

 

    Forced himself to look up at the Mark-hyungnim he admired, Jaehwan disregarded all the questions about his precious master. He wanted to make things clear. “W-what did you b-buy today?”

 

 

    “Huh?”

 

 

    “What did you buy today?”

 

 

    “Mark” pondered for a second before ended up with a simple smile, “what are you talking about? I didn’t even leave this place today.”

 

 

    Jaehwan held back a scream and rushed out of the villa. The moment he got into the car, he entered the address of the nearby warehouse and sped off towards it.

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    News really traveled fast. And Jinyoung blamed Jaehwan for it. The Chairman sighed and waved off his bodyguard, who politely entered to pass his master the phone. At first, the bodyguard had to beg his master to take the call. But after informing to the Chairman who was on the other line, the bodyguard didn’t expect for the Chairman to immediately took action. Seeing that his job was done, the bodyguard bowed and left. As soon as Jinyoung was left alone, he exhaled heavily, ready for what was about to come.

 

 

    “I HATE THAT WHILE I’M HEARTBROKEN I STILL NEED TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR ING !” Doctor Choi’s rage was unmatched.

 

 

    Pulling the phone away his ear for a bit, Jinyoung cringed at how loud and dramatic his best friend was being. “Know who you’re speaking too, Youngjae-“

 

 

    “. YOU. I DON’T GIVE A , MISTER CHAIRMAN.”

 

 

    “Youngjae, I’m sorry.”

 

 

    Silence. Youngjae knew what that apology was for. And it wasn’t for the fact that Jinyoung just stabbed himself.

 

 

    Jinyoung continued, “I saw the news. You know it yourself. Jaebum didn’t mean to do what he did.”

 

 

    “I know.”

 

 

    “Hang in there, okay? I’m not speaking as a Chairman, but as your hyung. Trust Jaebum? If he can’t win this battle by himself, then we all know who’s going to step in, right? The Ims are targeting Park Group, too. I can’t let anyone near my throne.”

 

 

    “I know.”

 

 

    “Feel better?”

 

 

    “Doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurts, hyung. I trust him. I really do. But it just hurts right now. I don’t want anything to do with him right now. Maybe I’ll come around soon, but right now, I just want a break. I still love him. A lot. Everything just happened so sudden. I told him he didn’t have to do this. I begged him not to, hyung. W-we could have worked things out together. But he’s so stubborn. Why won’t he rely on me for once?”

 

 

    Sighing, Jinyoung tried to roll over to his side, only to groaned out in pain. Of course, the doctor panicked. “Calm down. I’m fine,” he assured his best friend.

 

 

    “How could you? What happened? Why won’t you tell me what’s going on?”

 

 

    “I promise I’ll tell you when I get the chance. Things are still… Blurry for now…”

 

 

    “Did you got it treated?”

 

 

    “Yeah. I’m all bandaged up and in bed resting. You really think I would actually kill myself? Please, I have too much to live for.” Surprised by his own words, Jinyoung lips curled up in a small smile. Never in his life would he ever think like this regard himself. He never thought he’d live long enough to hear himself utter those words.

 

 

    Youngjae noticed as well. “Mark-hyung would be happy to hear that.”

 

 

    At the mention of his husband, Jinyoung froze up. His pupils shook to refrain the stream of tears from falling through. He misses Mark so much. “A-anyways, I’m all right. Take care of yourself, Youngjae-ah. Don’t call me again.”

 

 

    “Jinyoung-hyung, please, come back to Seoul.”

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “I know what you’re trying to do. We all know. Please, hyung, don’t do it. Come back. We’ll figure things out together. We’ll find Mark-hyung together. We-“

 

 

    “I don’t need it,” Chairman Park interrupted, “don’t call me again.” He hung up. Tossed the phone to the other side of the bed, the Chairman forced himself up. Although the pain in his chest tortured his physical body, it was nothing compared to the pain stirred inside his heart. If time could turn back, Jinyoung would have held Mark a little tighter. He would make sure Mark stays with him. Because Mark is safe only wherever Jinyoung is.

 

 

    A knock came before the door pushed open slowly. Jinyoung closed his eyes to calm himself and to avoid seeing the disaster in front of him. Can’t seem to catch a break nowadays.

 

 

    “Hey,” “Mark” greeted with a smile, “just checking up on you. How are you feeling?”

 

 

    “Pretty sure I told the guards to not let anyone in.”

 

 

    “Mark” ignored the cold tone in the Chairman’s voice and took a seat on the edge of the bed like he owned the place. “You ran off during dinner two days ago. You didn’t come back yesterday. And now, you’re back but badly injured. What’s going on?”

 

 

    Jinyoung scoffed, “don’t worry about me.”

 

 

    “How could I not?”

 

 

    “We’re not in that type of relationship.”

 

 

    “Really? I don’t believe it,” “Mark” reached out his hand to touch Jinyoung’s face, hoping to share at least some form of intimacy.

 

 

    The Chairman quickly smacked the intruding hand away before those fingertips could even get close, “don’t touch me. Don’t ever do that again.”

 

 

    Feeling a bit hurt by the harsh rejection, “Mark” chuckled to break the awkwardness and turned away. He sighed, yet his sweet smile remained perfectly on his lips. “I’ll cook you something. Let me know if you’re in pain.” Hearing no response, “Mark” naturally excused himself.

 

 

    When the door closed and Jinyoung was left alone again, he let himself go. It took every fiber within him to not grab the gun under his pillow and blast a bullet through that man’s head. How dare they think they could replace Mark? And how dare he, himself, in a brief lapse of judgement, forget how his Mark really is? He hugged that thing. Jinyoung felt dirty. How could he let that thing touch even an inch of his skin? How could he betrayed Mark like that?

 

 

    The doctors advised him to control his temper and not be under too much stress. But the Chairman’s blood boiled with anger and newfound hatred.

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Coming home late became a hobby for Young Master Park. Or sometimes, he didn’t come home at all. Not like anyone cared. His parents never questioned him. They didn’t even bother to give him a single glance. Jinyoung stopped caring. Before, he wanted to make as much trouble as he can to get his parents to look at him like they actually cared. Now, he gave up. It was unfortunate, but the young master accepted the fact that his parents wished he never existed.

 

 

    “Jinyoung?”

 

 

    Turning towards the familiar voice belonged to none other than the cousin that his parents favored over their own son, Jinyoung rolled his eyes in annoyance, “yes, hyung?”

 

 

    Kris approached and gave Jinyoung a little pat on the back, “where were you? Aunt and uncle were worried.”

 

 

    “No, they weren’t,” Jinyoung wanted to throw up all the food and alcohol he consumed earlier right on Kris’s feet. “They looooooooove you, hyung. You’re the future of Park Group.”

 

 

    “I don’t want it.”

 

 

    Jinyoung burst out laughing. “You don’t want Park Group? That’s a Hell of a lie!” Normally, Jinyoung dared not to be rude to his cousin. His cousin was a good person. Everyone loved Kris. Sometimes, Jinyoung did catch himself admiring Kris as well. But Jinyoung drank too much tonight.

 

 

    “Jinyoung, I’m not even blood-related to the family. I’m adopted, remember? There’s no way-“

 

 

    “Why are you so annoying, hyung? So what if you’re adopted? Since the day you came into this family, all Mom and Dad talked about is YOU. They talked about how they should have adopted you instead. They talked about how you’re Chinese but have such good Korean manners in you. Huh. How racist.”

 

 

    “Listen, Jinyoung-“

 

 

    “Shut up! I don’t want to hear it! I don’t want to hear anything from you at all! I HATE YOU! You took my parents from me! You can have Park Group for all I care. But why did you have to take my parents, too…” The young master dropped to his knees and buried his face in his hands. All these years, he held it in. He wanted to prove to his parents that he also can be strong and in control like his adopted cousin. He wanted to show his parents that he was as capable as the Kris Wu they loved so much. But his parents never spared him a glance. They gave him money and shooed him away.

 

 

    Never meant for any of this to happen, Kris kneeled down with Jinyoung and pulled the younger in a sympathetic hug. It was luck that his adoptive parents picked him. It was luck that his adoptive parents were also relatives of the infamous Park Group. His entire life rode on pure luck. Since day one, he felt bad for his cousin. Every time he looked at Jinyoung, his heart broke little by little. “I’m sorry.” That was all Kris could muster as he held the kid close. Jinyoung was neglected since very young and for so long.

 

 

    As much as Jinyoung hated Kris, it was nice to have someone’s warmth so close to him. Since he was little, he wished for a warm hug from his Mom and Dad. But of course, they were too busy to even visit his room. Jinyoung wished the world could know how terrible the chairman and chairwoman of Park Group treated their own flesh and blood. The world only saw Park Jinyoung as a rebellious spoiled brat and felt pity for the Parks. They never understood or cared about the reason why the young master of Park Group turned out this way.

 

 

    “Let go,” Jinyoung mumbled through his tears. “I don’t need you to pity me.”

 

 

    Kris squeezed his cousin harder, “yes, you do. Stop trying to act tough. Your parents don’t care but I do.”

 

 

    “No, you don’t. No one does. Only Youngjae.”

 

 

    “I care. I actually care a lot, Jinyoung-ah.”

 

 

    Filled with anger, Jinyoung pushed his cousin and stood up. His vision red and fists balled at his sides. “Don’t you EVER call me that. We’re not on that level and NEVER will be. Take the ing company and get out of my sight!”

 

 

    “Jinyoung, I don’t want it!” Kris roared, unable to control his own emotions.

 

 

    “YOU’RE LYING!”

 

 

    “NO! I AM NOT!” Kris ran his hands through his hair furiously. Jinyoung had never seen his always-so-composed cousin like this before. Kris turned away, chest heaved up and down in some type of fierce emotion. “Jinyoung, I just lost the love of my life tonight.”

 

 

    The young master scoffed, “and? Who asked? I certainly didn’t.”

 

 

    Kris turned back around and faced his cousin, who wore a devilish smirk on his face despite all the tears he spilt seconds ago, “I don’t expect you to understand how I feel. I came here today to tell your parents that I won’t be their successor.”

 

 

    “And why is that? I just don’t understand,” Jinyoung dragged himself to the couch and plopped down comfortably.

 

 

    “I’m only telling you this, because I regard you as someone close to me. No matter how much you don’t want to see me, I know deep down you and I are still on good terms.”

 

 

    “Whatever.” Young Master Park called the maids over, “bring me a bottle of wine.”

 

 

    “But, Young Master-“

 

 

    “Are you ing deaf? Bring me a ing bottle goddamnit! Does anyone in this ing Hellhole listens to me anymore?!”

 

 

    “Y-yes!”

 

 

    Shaking his head, Kris sighed. “Jinyoung, I don’t want Park Group. I realized that I need more than just a company that doesn’t even belong to me in the first place. I want to FEEL something, Jinyoung.”

 

 

    “You’re spitting bull. Take Park Group, hyung. We need you to keep the company stable. Eveeeeeeeryone knows the moment Park Group lands in my hands, there would be nothing but destruction.”

 

 

    “I don’t care. It won’t be my problem.”

 

 

    Jinyoung never felt more betrayed. “What the did you say? Not your problem? Are you ing insane, Kris?!” Pulling himself up to his feet, the soberness completely took over. “You’re just going to LEAVE? Like this? What the are my parents going to do? What the AM I supposed to do, Kris? Why the are you leaving?”

 

 

    “I’m heartbroken,” was Kris’s simple answer.

 

 

    Jinyoung wanted to laugh so bad at how ridiculous that sounded. But nothing came out of his mouth. He stood in shock. “That’s it? YOU’RE GOING TO LEAVE EVERYTHING BEHIND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE STEPPED OVER YOUR ING HEART? WHAT KIND OF ED-UP BULL IS THIS?” Lunging forward, Jinyoung grabbed Kris’s collars. “Why are you doing this?! Why the are you doing this?! Who’s the you so hung up on? Does she not know you’re the next Chairman of Park Group?”

 

 

    “Don’t talk about them like that,” Kris warned, “let go.”

 

 

    “NO! You running away because of some who don’t even know your worth? How ing dense are you-“ Jinyoung didn’t get to finish that sentence before a slap was delivered across his face.

 

 

    “What did I said? Don’t talk about him like that.”

 

 

    “HIM? What the did you say? HIM?! HYUNG YOU-“

 

    

    “I was wrong to think you’d understand. Goodbye, Jinyoung. Take care of yourself. You’re pathetic.”

 

 

    Those were Kris’s last words.

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Parked outside of the warehouse, Jaehwan tried his best to stop his hands from shaking. He had his gun hoisted to his waist and his switchblade strapped around his ankle. There was nothing for him to worry about. If this ended up as a trap, he was more than capable enough to get himself out. But if this was a trap, then why was he the target? What was the point of luring him out alone? Jaehwan gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white. The nauseous feeling sitting at the base of his throat kept forcing its way up his esophagus.

 

 

    “ it,” Jaehwan breathed in and out three times to calm his nerves before exiting the car.

 

 

    The warehouse located in the middle of a landfill. It was hidden deep behind a huge layer of trees. An average person would have taken at least a whole day to find this place. The more Jaehwan looked at the abandoned facility, the more he felt worried for no reason. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to uncover whatever it was that called out to him.

 

 

    Entering the warehouse, Jaehwan kept his guard up. “I’m here,” he called out. His voice echoed in the stillness of everything. No reply. He called out a couple more times. Somewhere in his heart, Jaehwan believed the person who called him-

 

 

    Out from behind a wall of old packages, a man covered in blotches of blood appeared with a strained smile. Jaehwan covered his mouth with his hand as tears immediately fell from his eyes. Just one look at the person in front of him, Jaehwan knew.

 

 

    “H-hyungnim!” Jaehwan ran to Mark. He stopped right in front. Hands shaking, he tried to touch Mark’s face. But he couldn’t, because he was scared that he would break his dear hyungnim. Mark looked so fragile and weak that it broke Jaehwan’s heart into pieces. Tears kept streaming down his face as he cried out. “Hyungnim… Wha-what… What did they do to you… Our Hyungnim…” Unable to handle it anymore, Jaehwan slumped to his knees. His fists rested on his knees as he wept.

 

 

    Mark got down as well and pulled Jaehwan into a hug. “Stop crying. You’re going to make me cry, too.”

 

 

    “I’m so sorry! I-“

 

 

    “Shhhhh. It’s okay. I knew you would come.”

 

 

    “L-let me look at you, please,” Jaehwan pulled them apart and held Mark’s face in his hands finally. He took a long and good look at his hyungnim. The bruises. The cuts. The clear evident of malnutrition. The fresh wounds. The untreated old wounds. Jaehwan took in as much as his cloudy vision could let him. How would his master react to this? His master would surely cry even harder than he is right now. Pulling Mark back into another hug, Jaehwan cried more and more. “H-how could they ruin you l-like this…”

 

 

    Mark smiled, glad that after all these months, he could finally feel the touch of someone familiar. “I’ve trained for this. This is nothing.”

 

 

    “D-don’t say that! You don’t even look like yourself!”

 

 

    “What’s that supposed to mean?” Mark laughed, holding himself together to joke around.

 

 

    “Let’s go, hyungnim,” Jaehwan suddenly stood up and dragged Mark up with him. “I’m taking you back to-“

 

 

    “No!” Mark broke free from the grasp.

 

 

    Confused, Jaehwan tried to grab Mark’s arm again. “Hyungnim?!”

 

 

    Mark shook his head and smiled bitterly. “Jaehwan-ah, listen to me. The fact that you picked up the call and even came here means that Jinyoung is still alive. And I know that Jinyoung did what he had to do to lure me out. I… I miss him so much, Jaehwan-ah. But you cannot tell him, okay? You can’t tell him that we met. You can’t tell him anything.”

 

 

    “I don’t understand-“

 

 

    “Please, advice him to go back to Seoul. He can’t stay here. You know that, don’t you?”

 

 

    “Mark-hyungnim, what… What are you say-saying? Don’t you want to see Master?”

 

 

    “I do. . I want to so ing bad. But I just… I just can’t right now. It’s too dangerous. I could only see you. I could only rely on you at the moment.”

 

 

    “But-“

 

 

    “Kim Jaehwan!”

 

 

    “Yes…”

 

 

    Grabbing Jaehwan by the shoulders, Mark forced the younger to look at him. “Save the crying for later. Right now, I need you to go back to Jinyoung and protect him. Act normal. The most normal that you can act. That… That person is me for the time being, all right? And you’re going to act like he’s really is me. Jinyoung probably noticed something’s wrong by now. Knowing him, he would act like a complete stranger. But YOU can’t. Everyone around me needs to act like he is really me. Jinyoung is the only exception. Do you understand?”

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Jaehwan, I need you to convince Jinyoung to go back to Seoul. And you need to go with him. I need you to stay by his side at all times. You need to protect him at all times like you’ve always been here on Jeju. What they want from him, they won’t ever get it. Because… Because I have it. They don’t know that. So they’re going to keep that person by his side in hope of getting anything. That person is trained. That’s why I need you to do your best. Jaehwan, do you understand?”

 

 

    “Yes,” Jaehwan nodded, wiping his tears away. “I promise you, hyungnim.”

 

 

    “Good,” Mark finally could breathe comfortably, “now, you can go.”

 

 

    “What about you?”

 

 

    “I will be staying here for a while to recuperate before I find a way back to Seoul.”

 

 

    “What’s the point of this, hyungnim…”

 

 

    Mark ruffled Jaehwan’s hair, “the point is to take down Daniel Craig and the Ims.”

 

 

    “Must you do this? Master misses you a lot. And now, he’s hurt. A-and you’re not there t-to look after him.” Jaehwan dug his nails into his palms in order to stop himself from crying again.

 

 

    “That’s why you need to be there for him, right?”

 

 

    “But he rather you be there for him…”

 

 

    “The best you can do for me right now is to have maybe two people secretly look over this place. Make sure they can’t find me. Though, the moment Jinyoung goes back to Seoul, Craig will follow him. The Ims are already in Seoul. Jaebum and Youngjae are probably broken apart. They’re planning something big and Jinyoung won’t be able to handle it by himself with the ways things are for him. He went clean completely already. It’s harder for him to do things without getting noticed by the law. With me working in the shadows, I can help him out. This sounds ridiculous to you. But the more Jinyoung doesn’t know what I’m doing, the better it is for me to move around in the background. Please, Jaehwan-ah.”

 

 

    “Promise me you’ll come back alive.”

 

 

    “I always come back alive.”

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Jaebum usually wasn’t the type to poke his nose in his best friend’s love life. The last time he poked his nose in was that disastrous of a relationship between Mark and the son of a chairman. Mark moved on, but Jaebum still gets upset sometimes. Since then, Mark never meddled himself with anyone in the business world in a serious sense. To which, Jaebum approved that Mark should stay away from business people. Like Mark had said, the more powerful they were, the more dangerous.

 

 

    So when a certain heir of the most prestigious group in the entire business world kept showing up in front of his and Mark’s shared apartment, Jaebum knew this wasn’t going to end well. But at the same time, they were struggling financially as college students, so Jaebum decided to poke his nose in to test the waters.

 

 

    “You should go down to see him,” Jaebum moved back from the window. “He came here every single day, Mark-ah.”

 

 

    “Let him stand there. I’m not interested,” Mark replied, eyes still glued to his law book.

 

 

    In moments like these, Jaebum thought if he had taken a few villas from his parents before running away, then they wouldn’t be in this situation. Jaebum hated to rely on those ers. They can rot in Hell for all he cares. Closing the textbook he was focused on, Jaebum sighed, “how are you NOT interested? Do you know who that is?”

 

 

    “I don’t care.”

 

 

    “Mark, that’s Kris Wu!”

 

 

    “Yeah, I know his name.”

 

 

    “He’s literally the successor of Park Group.”

 

 

    “So?”

 

 

    Jaebum rolled his eyes at the cold attitude his best friend possessed, “I didn’t expect you to be this heartless towards someone so sincere like Kris Wu.”

 

 

    Finally looking up from his book, Mark glared at Jaebum, “he placed a bet on me. I won the race. We went out for dinner ONCE. That’s it. I don’t know why he claimed he’s IN LOVE with me. It’s ing dumb. He’s just a client. And remember our rules, Jaebum? You’re the manager. I race. People who place bets on me gets to have dinner with me if I won the race. And only ONE dinner.”

 

 

    “That dinner was months ago! I’m not telling you get with him or whatever. I’m just saying we could use this to our advantage.”

 

 

    “What we AREN’T doing, Im Jaebum, is gold-dig people.”

 

 

    “Okay, fine. But I just… I don’t know. I feel bad. He’s been coming here every night for MONTHS. Just standing out there. Clearly, he wanted to see you again.”

 

 

    “You know I don’t do business people anymore. They’re all power hungry. Not worth my time.”

 

 

    Moving over to where Mark sat, Jaebum knocked his head back in frustration, “I know you don’t. You’re missing the point here, Tuan. If you really don’t want to give him a chance, then please, tell him off. My heart suddenly hurts whenever I look out the window and see him just standing there next to his car looking up here with such saaaaaad eyes.”

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “I don’t get it. He’s smart. He’s handsome. He’s taking over Park Group. And he’s in love with you. Why won’t you let him take you out on a second dinner?”

 

 

    “Jaebum.”

 

 

    “This is the first time I witness you attracting a top. I thought you only attract bottoms.”

 

 

    “Im Jaebum.”

 

 

    “Go give him closure at least.”

 

 

    “Fine,” Mark huffed and closed his eyes. “What is with these rich people? Do they not have anything better to do? They think money can get them everything or some ?” Mark slipped on his shoes and grabbed his jacket. In the elevator, Mark thought about how he acted that night that led to this situation. It was months ago, Mark would have forgotten. The only reason he remembered was because Kris Wu was actually a pretty decent person to talk to unlike the other bettors. That dinner was well worth Mark’s time.

 

 

    Participating in an underground racing club for a sea of filthy rich people, Mark knew the consequences. However, there wasn’t any other option that was convenient and easy for both him and Jaebum. Besides, it was fun. There were moments where things would get a little too much during those dinners. But nothing Mark can't handle himself. Yet, here he was. Stuck in another complicated situation.

 

 

    Mark considered himself a nice person. He won’t brutally shoo anyone away or offend anyone on purpose. Kris Wu was a different story. The dinner they had together was one of the best Mark ever had in a while. Kris was a man with manners and intelligence. He also showed a lot of respect for Mark. They had quite interesting conversations about a lot of things. Basically, they hit it off pretty well. But to Mark, it was just another client. To Mark, it was just another job he had to do.

 

 

    “Mark…” Kris’s face lit up immediately as soon as he saw the mob of fiery red hair emerged from the entrance of the apartment complex.

 

 

    “Aren’t you tired, Kris-ssi?”

 

 

    “I… Um….”

 

 

    In his head, Mark already concluded this was a waste of time. He could be studying for his exam tomorrow. “We can’t meet again. It wasn’t part of the price.”

 

 

    “I know,” Kris smiled, “I just thought I could get a chance. Maybe you could get to know me outside of my-“

 

 

    “I don’t want to,” Mark said, quick and precise.

 

 

    “Why?”

 

 

    Smiling nonchalantly, Mark shrugged, “I just don’t. People like you are the people I hate the most. I’ve been hurt before by people like you. I’m not dumb enough to get into it again. You learn from your mistakes.”

 

 

    “So you judged me based on my occupation?”

 

 

    “No, I judged you based on the people you surrounded yourself with. I judged you based on the way you carry yourself in society. I judged you based on the way society views you.” Hands in the pockets of his jacket, Mark didn’t mind staring right back at the man. He dealt with so many types of people before. This one meant nothing to him. “Kris-ssi, I think we’re not on the same page here. The dinner was great. Thank you. But what between us was strictly business. I don’t look at you at any other way than a job needed to be complete. With that being said, I’ve done my job. I hope you be understanding and forget about me.”

 

 

    “I can’t.”

 

 

    “You’re going to have to. I don’t want you standing out here every night like a creep.”

 

 

    “I’m not-“

 

 

    “Please, leave.”

 

 

    “Just one more dinner, please, Mark. I can’t stop thinking about you. I-“

 

 

    “Sounds like a problem for you to deal with, isn’t it? I don’t want to be a part of whatever you wanted ’us’ to be. Goodbye, Kris,” Mark nodded his head down as a bow before turning on his heels.

 

 

    “Mark, I love you,” Kris said, eyes b with unspilt tears. “If you leave right now, I am done for.”

 

 

    Without turning back to see how he had broken yet another innocent heart, Mark laughed, “I can’t find another meaning in love, Kris. Don’t waste a second on someone like me.”

 

 

 

 

 

###

Author's Note: OOOOOOH THE PLOT TWISSSSSTTTTTTTTTT >:D

Kris Wu was mentioned a little bit in HATE, I believe chapter "c o n t e m p t," as Jinyoung's adoptive cousin. To those who didn't read HATE, it's okay, because I will be going more in depth about Kris since he IS a quite important character in the later chapters~ Just heads up~ By the way he is an actual real person (a very hot real person *sobs* still heartbroken over OT12). Also, next chapter would be another MarkJin-centric one with slight mention of 2Jae (or not at all idk yet). To my 2Jae readers, hang in there guys~ Wait until the story shifts back to Seoul, and then for sure y'all going to get ALL the 2Jae angst MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and also there will be returns of fluffy flashbacks, because I said before that the flashbacks are the only less intense and soft parts of the fic as of right now ^__^

Hope ya enjoyed this chapt. ^____^

###