0 1 1

OPERATION: US (SEQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HAAAAAAAAI ^O^ 

I am so sorry for going MIA on all of y'all lovelies~ I did have HUGE updating schedule planned out for December that I tweeted out with updates on like 5 or 6 of my fics. But happened. Life happened. And well, to put it shortly, the last two months have been a huge struggle and pain of me dealing with my demons. It's been really hard on me, and currently, I am trying day by day to survive the best I can. I really miss writing, and hopefully, I can get back to a weekly updating schedule >__< 

And I am so sorry for this short chapter >.> I planned on making a really long chapter 'cause I'm finally coming back after so long. But me being me, who's dealing with severe depression and sucidal thoughts, I decided to y'all up with me, too~ Hope everyone understands~ I love y'all lots~

Enough with the chit-chat! >:D 

ENJOY AND LEAVE MANY FEEDBACKS~ 

THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE Y'ALL A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT!!! 

###

 

 

 

 

 

    Standing in the middle of the office of Im Trading Commerce and Industrials, Jaebum never thought about ever having a chance to make his presence in this goddamn Hellhole. He always hated this place. Such an ugly atmosphere that resembled the dread of Jaebum’s childhood. If Jaebum could make one place in his world disappears, he’ll definitely blow this office into oblivion.

 

 

    “You could have been sitting here,” Chairman Im sighed, “on this chair. And this whole company would belong to you. What-“

    

    

    “I don’t need it,” Jaebum interrupted abruptly. “What do you ing want.”

 

 

    “Is that a way to speak to your Father?”

 

 

    “Go to Hell.”

 

 

    “Im Jaebum! You are still my son! I don’t care how much you hate me, but you are still my own flesh and blood.”

 

 

    Jaebum scoffed, “even tigers don’t eat their cubs. But you do.”

 

 

    “You do not know what we are doing to protect you! The heir to this company cannot be married to such filth!”

 

 

    “Shut the up,” the young master growled angrily, “I don’t need that ty protection from you. And do not refer to my husband like that. As far as I know, the only filth here is you!”

 

 

    “Jaebum-“

 

 

    

    Slamming his palms on top of Chairman Im’s desk, Jaebum glared into his father’s eyes, “remember this, since the day I walked out of your house, I am no longer your ing son. I did not take anything with me. Not even the clothes I’ve bought with your money. I left with nothing in my pockets. Everything I have today is from my own hard work. I deserves everything I have. You have no ing rights to take anything away from me. I don’t ing want anything you’re giving to me. I don’t ing want it. Take it back and kill yourself with it. I don’t ing care what you do with it, because it’s yours. And I don’t want it.”

 

 

    Chairman Im never was the person to back down. He’s vicious and a cheater. “You will take it.”

 

 

    “No, I-“

 

 

    “I don’t believe you won’t when I have my hands on that piece of you’ve been trying so hard to protect.” Rising from his seat, Chairman Im smirked, “how does it feels? How does it feels not being able to protect what you wanted to protect? You boast so much about protecting him, but take a look at yourself now, my child. You are powerless. You can’t protect anything without power, son. Remember that.”

 

 

    Jaebum’s pupils shook as he tried to contain his madness. He hated to admit, but the old man was right. All this time, Jaebum thought he was protecting Youngjae in every which way. However, in the end, Youngjae still got hurt because of him. The knock of reality made Jaebum realize how powerless he actually was. On what basis was he claiming that he’s strong enough to protect his Youngjae? On what faith was he putting in to assure that Youngjae will never be hurt again? On what-

 

 

    Seeing that he had hit the young master’s weak spot, Chairman Im smiled tauntingly, “you were talking so much earlier. What happened?” It was written so clearly on his face how much he’s enjoying the suffering he’s raining upon his son. Because he had never actually take a look at Jaebum as his son at all. Master Im was a man who valued his reputation and dignity above all else. He only married because his wife could bring him more fortune and power. Be it his toxic masculinity or narcissistic self, Master Im wanted any type of powers he can laid his hands on. Powers in the business world. Powers in his own home. Powers over all the relationships he crossed path with. But as of now, Chairman Im most hungry over the power to bring his rebellious son to the boy’s knees. Who could have thought his useless of a son could earn such a respect within the government? Who could have thought his worthless of a son could be working with the most devilish Chairman of the business world? Who could have thought his undeserving of a son could seduce such a prominent doctor who also happens to be the heir to a big corporation? Who would have thought…

 

 

    And now Master Im wants to take all of that away.

 

 

    He wants to see Jaebum withering in pain helplessly with nothing but a shattering heart.

 

 

    He wants to see Jaebum becoming void of emotions.

 

 

    He wants to see Jaebum turning into a walking corpse.

 

 

    Master Im wants to see Jaebum finally taking his own life knowing that the world hates him.

 

 

    Knowing that everything and everyone turned their backs on him.

 

 

    Laughing, Master Im shook his head in a relaxed manner, “you think you can fight against me. Oh, child, you are thousand of years too young.”

 

 

    Jaebum clenched his fists. Anger would be an understatement. But deep inside, he can hear his own heart screaming out in pain. Will this be how everything ends?

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    The clock hadn’t tick midnight yet.

 

 

    But why does every nerve in his body rendered restless in the midst of this awful mayhem. Just from a news flash, Youngjae lost all of his senses. He doesn’t know what was going on anymore. He doesn’t know why this was happening to him. Why?

 

 

    Why…?

 

 

    Why…

 

 

    Why!

 

 

    “Im Jaebum! H-how could-could you!” Youngjae yelled, tears pouring like the rushes of his blood going up to his head. “How could you d-do this to m-me… How… Jaebum, wh-why…” He covered his face with his palms and dropped down to his knees, feeling his entire world falling apart right there in front of him.

 

 

    Jaebum stood there. Frozen. Feeling the thorns of millions of bleeding roses sheering through his heart at the sight of his beloved husband. He wants to reach out, to pull Youngjae into his embrace, to comfort the love of his life, to apologize, to do something. But he couldn’t. Jaebum wants to be selfish. But he couldn’t.

 

 

    He had to do this.

 

 

    This was the only way…

 

 

    He has to protect that smile he loves so much.

 

 

    And this was the only way.

 

 

    Youngjae cries echoed through the empty corridors of the hospital. The pain was unbearable. He didn’t want to believe it. His husband was the last person… The last person that could betray him like this. Youngjae could let the world him over, but Jaebum can’t… Jaebum can’t do this to him…

 

 

    “Youngjae-ah…”

 

 

    “Shut up! SHUT UP! I don’t want to hear it… I don’t…” Youngjae held onto his heart, “go away. I don’t want to see you anymore. Don’t let me meet you again in this lifetime. You’re a liar! YOU A ING LIAR! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! How?! Jaebum-ah… H-how could you… Do you not feel it ripping you to pieces? I thought you wanted to protect me… I thought you…” Youngjae looked up at Jaebum and smiled sadly through his tears. “In the end, you still lied, right?”

 

 

    “No! Youngjae, I-“

    

 

    Shaking his head, Youngjae’s heart turned into ice. “I was stupid to believe you, Jaebum-ah. It’s my fault. I don’t blame you. But if you wanted to hurt me so bad, you didn’t have to marry me. You didn’t have to marry me to gain shares of Choi Agriculture Exports. You didn’t have to pretend you love me in order to steal the only thing my parents left behind for me. You didn’t have to go through such lengths. You didn’t have to…”

 

 

    “No, no, no, Youngjae, please,” Jaebum tried to close the longing distance between them. But his feet couldn’t go any further. “You have to understand… Youngjae-ah, I love you. I always love you. Please-“

 

    

    “Stop!”

 

 

    “Youngjae!”

 

 

    “I hate you. Stay away from me. Don’t show up in front of me ever again.”

 

 

    “No… Youngjae-ah, I can’t live without you. You know this…”

 

 

    “I’m tired,” the doctor stared lifelessly at the plain hospital’s floor. He smiled bitterly as his tears kept flowing. “I didn’t think you’d do this. But you did.”

 

 

    “No-“

 

 

    Pulling his weak body up, Youngjae gave up trying to grab his broken heart, “if freedom and power are what you want most, then fine, take it. I already gave you everything. And will still give you all else. Because Jaebum-ah, I love you.” Youngjae reached for the necklace hanging graciously around his neck. The necklace with their promises. The necklace that tied them together. The necklace where the symbol of their love rests peacefully.

 

 

    Jaebum shook his head in horror, already denying reality.

 

 

    With once last smile, Youngjae yanked off the necklace and held it in front of his face. The wedding band glimmered innocently against the lights as it swings on the chain happily. Youngjae shook his head. He can’t do this. He can’t.

 

 

    “Disappear from my life, Im Jaebum!”

 

 

    The ring flew carelessly through the air and dived deep down at Jaebum’s feet.

 

 

    Their love dies along with it.

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    On a late evening, totally unexpected for everyone within the K.N.S.S., an emergency report called in. And in minutes, cars after cars of agents raced through the streets. No one really understood what was going on. They just knew that something beyond their own imaginations had taken place in the heart of Seoul. They just knew that this was the last thing they had seen coming.

 

    

    In the leading car of the unit’s leader, the Captain and his Vice sat in silence. The eerie atmosphere hung above their head as they both try to let the information sink in.  This night was going to be an eventful night.

 

 

    “I want to hear it from you, Jinyoung,” Jaebum exhaled softly, feeling some new weights dropping on his shoulders.

 

    

    Jinyoung still stared at his clasped hands on his lap. His hands were slightly shaking. “I… Jaebum-ah… I’m sorry… I didn’t think they had the audacity to cause trouble here in Seoul.”

 

 

    “What is this? Your Jeju bull? You dragged it back here with you?”

 

 

    “I-“

 

 

    “Park Jinyoung, you know better than this. Your ‘Chairman’ business is limited in Jeju where your headquarters is. Not ing here in this city where you’re supposed to be a civilized special agent of the government. How dare you bring your ing mess here?” The tone of Captain Im’s voice didn’t change one bit. He spoke in a calm manner, though, each word pierced through Vice Captain Park like thousands of spears.

 

 

    “Please, believe me, I was not aware of this… They’ve never tried to act up like this before-“

 

 

    “I don’t ing care about all that . The only ing thing I care about is why the does Mark has the information about this?!” Finally, Jaebum snapped, “answer me! And I’m not talking about this ing party. How the does Mark knows about those three ers forming an alliance to plot your death?”

 

 

    “I… I don’t know! Please, stop asking me. I really don’t know…” Jinyoung bit down on his lip as his head started spinning.

 

 

    Jaebum sighed and shook his head, “you better start praying that everything is all right. Because I have this nasty feeling that it isn’t.”

 

 

    The rest of the ride to the destination was the longest torture. The moment the car stopped, Jinyoung hurried out and ran madly towards the building. He could hear Jaebum’s shouting for him to stop and let the others go in first to clear the coast. But Jinyoung could care less. He needs to see… He needs to…

 

 

    Swinging the doors open, Jinyoung froze as soon as the doors revealed the disaster to his widened eyes. What he saw was something he knew his husband would never do. Could never do. But his eyes didn’t betray him. The fancy ballroom crumbled down into a bloody mess. There wasn’t an inch that wasn’t covered in blood. Bodies spread everywhere, adding onto this masterpiece of a demonic massacre. Jinyoung slowly scanned around in horror. His eyes only halted when his ears picked up a desperate gurgle of someone who’s choking on their own blood. It was such a familiar sound. But Jinyoung never have imagined he would hear it here. He wasn’t Chairman Park here. There was no reason for him to…

 

 

    Suddenly, Jinyoung’s body stung in fear as his eyes traveled up from those blood stained dress shoes…

 

 

    He had never seen Mark like this.

 

 

    Never seen Mark with his white dress shirt drenched in crimson.

 

 

    Never seen Mark with his angelic face smudged with blood that was not his own.

 

 

    Never seen Mark with his warm hands looking like he had soaked them in the Red Sea.

 

 

    Never seen Mark with such cold eyes.

 

 

    Never seen the Beast awaken itself in Mark.

 

 

    Throwing the mafia boss aside so the man could join the corpse party with his wife, Mark sighed softly and turned towards the entrance. He seemed a little surprised and taken back to see the love of his life standing there motionlessly. Mark quickly snapped out of it and flashed a charming smile, forgetting how monstrous he must have been looking at the moment. “Sweetheart, hey.”

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “You didn’t have to come.”

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “I took care of everything.”

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    Mark wiped his hands on his pants and walked up to his husband. “You don’t have to worry anymore.” He reached outwards to touch his husband but only got rejected. Tilting his head a little in confusion, Mark showed discomfort upon the frown on his lips, “baby…?”

 

 

    Jinyoung staggered back a bit, blinking rapidly to pull himself together, “I… Mark…”

 

 

    “Hmmm?”

 

 

    “W-why…”

 

 

    As if Jinyoung was asking a dumb question, Mark bursted out laughing, “sweetheart, they gathered here to kill you. Those es back in Jeju conspired with them, knowing that you won’t be having your maximum security in Seoul. So they came up with some bull to stab you behind your back. But no worries. I took care of it. See?” Mark extended his arms and waved around like he enjoyed showing off his accomplishment.

 

 

    Jinyoung could see that Mark was expecting a praise for doing such a good job. Mark wanted Jinyoung to be proud of him.

 

 

    But Jinyoung wasn’t proud.

 

 

    Jinyoung was scared.

 

 

    Because this don’t seem like his Mark at all.

 

 

    His Mark could never do such a thing.

 

 

    His Mark could never shed so much blood in such a short amount time so crazily.

 

 

    His Mark is a person who always plan and plan and plan and plan-

 

 

    “Why…” Jinyoung held his own shaky hands together, “how… Mark, why would you-“

 

 

    Mark smiled affectionately as he reached up to caress Jinyoung's cheek with his hand smeared in blood, “I told you. If you don't want to dirty your hands, I'll dirty mine for you.”

 

 

    Jinyoung just stared in speechless, unable to shake away the cold sparkle in his beloved husband's eyes. Something ran down his spine unpleasantly. It was as if he was looking in a mirror. As if he was staring at his own monstrous reflection.

 

 

    “I hope you're feeling bad, Park Jinyoung,” Jaebum approached his stunned Vice Captain as soon as he saw Mark walking off. The Captain gave an unamused sneer and rolled his eyes in what seemed like a coping mechanism. “You've turned a Saint into the Devil like yourself. How does it feel? Tainting such beautiful angel wings. Do you see it? Do you see that monster you hate so much thriving inside of him? Do you see it eating his soul away?”

 

 

    A tear ripped from the socket of Jinyoung's eye. The guilt gripped at his throat and squeezed tightly. “I… I-I…”

 

 

    Scoffing, Jaebum looked away, cannot bear to look at his best friend any longer. He turned to Jinyoung instead, eyes piercing in pure despise with an underlying sympathetic softness. “In order to tame the Beast, he became the Beast himself.”

 

 

    On cue, Mark turned towards the two and flashed an endearing smile. A smile so haunting and evil, matching his bloodied face and shirt. A smile that answered the summoning of Lucifer’s mischief.

 

 

    They have never seen Mark like this.

 

 

    So cold and cruel.

    

 

    So captivatingly beautiful yet horrifying.

 

 

    So angelic yet full of malice.

 

 

    What Jinyoung was afraid of wasn't the fact that his husband single-handedly turned this elegant ballroom into a slaughterhouse. Jinyoung was afraid of what becomes of Mark just because of him.

 

 

    Yugyeom and Bambam silently steered their way over to their Captain and Vice. The two youngest have never looked this solemn standing in front of a bloody mess before. “Reporting, sir,” Yugyeom’s stern voice cut through the uncomfortable silence. “A party was held here at seven o'clock to celebrate the forming alliance of the three biggest mafia bosses in Seoul. There were a hundred and twenty-two attendees…” Yugyeom took a pause.

 

 

    “All killed,” Bambam continued, “there are no survivors, sir.”

 

 

    Jaebum sighed in disbelief. “That's ing impossible! We're talking about Mark ing Tuan! How are there NO survivors?! Many of these people aren't even-”

 

 

    “STOP!” Jinyoung finally broke. Tears streaming down his face. He thought he could hold it in for the night. But the thought of watching his husband washing off the blood of so many lives off his body... The thought of witnessing lines of mad crimson disappearing down the drain of their shower…. The thought of having to go back to normal after something like this… Those thoughts were enough to rip Jinyoung apart. “Shut up. I don't want to hear anymore.”

 

 

    “What the was that supposed to mean?” Jaebum glared at his Vice. “He did all of this because of you! Have you ever thought of what Mark will do for you?! Have you ever?! He will kill himself right ing now if that is what you wish. Jinyoung… Look at him, please…” Tears rolled down Jaebum's cheeks painfully. “What have you done… Park Jinyoung, will you please look at him… Will you please look at what he did to himself just to save you!”

 

 

    Shaking his head frantically, Jinyoung fell into Jaebum's arms and cried.

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Closing his eyes, Jinyoung didn't want things to repeat again. Didn’t want to see another angel fall because of him. Didn't want to take advantage of Mark’s pure love for him. Didn't want to…

 

 

    But he has to.

 

 

    If it means Mark could escape and save himself, then so be it. Jinyoung will bear all the consequences.

 

 

    Because all that matters to Jinyoung right now is to see Mark again.

 

 

    “Sir, we are ready,” Jaehwan informed, setting the camera at the right angle.

 

 

    The Chairman nodded, “make sure that bastard and his little es get all of this tape.”

 

 

    “Got it.”

 

 

    Jinyoung breathed softly and smiled at the camera, whispering secretively to the person he have love with all his heart. “Mark, I am giving my life back to you. You can kill because of me… Then I will kill because of you. I will kill the person who did this to you. The person who started all of this…”

 

    

    Reaching for the knife that he had forced Mark to give to him back when they still hated each other's guts, Jinyoung closed his eyes again. This should have happened a long time ago. But that's okay. In a way, Jinyoung would still die by Mark's hands. And this is the only way that he wants.

 

 

    With a hard thud and a heart wrenching cry from Jaehwan, Chairman Park fell to the ground with the knife plunged deep into his own heart.

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    “SIR!”

 

 

    Daniel roared in annoyance, mood changed drastically after viewing the recording that was sent by Chairman Park's subordinates. “What?! What the do you want?!”

 

 

    “Y-you need-need to come see this…”

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, the English mafia boss followed his guards. They led him to the underground prison where they had kept the precious dog caged up. As soon as they stepped into the corridor, the smell of fresh blood stench their noses. Daniel took out his handkerchief and covered the bottom half of his face in disgust. The scene in front of him was straight off a horror movie.

 

 

    All throughout the corridor, thick streaks of blood painted over the walls sporadically. The bodies of guards laid motionless as they took their last breaths. Some of them still had their limbs intact while some others were missing an arm or ear. Overall, the ones who supposed to secure the corridors became nothing but corpses. A normal person would faint from the amount of red they see just from this point alone. Daniel stepped over the bodies in a hurry and ran into the cell. His eyes widened as his feet rooted to the ground. He looked around slowly. Bloody handprints smeared across the walls as if the victims had used their last ounce of blood to beg for mercy. A couple more bodies dropped dead on the floor. All had their stomachs cut open and their own intestines wrapped around their necks. In the very back, a bloody body was chained up in the position of a cross.

 

 

    “Lift his head up!” Daniel yelled.

 

 

    The standing bodyguards ran over and lifted the drooping head upwards. Daniel almost gagged at the sight. The dead man's face had no eyes in those hollow sockets. Both corners of his mouth were split deep into thin long lines, imitating a cheshire smile. The blood dripping from the eye sockets and mouth was still in its deep scarlet color.

 

 

    “No no no no no…Where… Where is…” The Englishman felt his throat constricted and head about to explode from the blood rushing up to his brain. “This can't… WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS MARK TUAN?!” Daniel screamed, grabbing the collars of his bodyguard.

 

    

    “Fr-from what was reported to me, after overhearing Chairman P-Park’s death, this dog went mad… W-we don't know where he went now… But-” The guard didn't get to finish before getting smacked hard across his face, enough for his teeth to glide over his bottom lip and leave a hateful cut.

 

 

    “WHAT A BUNCH OF USELESS BASTARDS!”

 

 

    “Sir! We are looking for him at the moment! We WILL bring him back!”

 

 

    “BRING HIM BACK! DEAD OR ALIVE!”

 

 

    “Yes, sir!”

 

 

    “No matter what. He can't meet up with ANYONE from Park Group… Dead or alive… I don't bloody ing care. My plan… My plan can't go to a waste!”

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Mark never thought he’ll be able to see the light of day ever again. These past months had drown him in nothing but darkness and pain. There was a point he had stop thinking about walking on the surface of the ground again. He had giving up on living. Giving up on escaping and coming back to his beloved husband. Never in his life had he ever experienced such desperation and helplessness. Both his hands and feet were tied brutally, cutting off his blood circulation and just left him to die a slow and agonizing death. Mark gave up trying to free himself. Because all hope was lost. He accepted his unfortunate fate. He accepted the ugly fact that he, the almighty Mark Tuan with the knowledge to just about everything, have lost.

 

 

    Pulling his weak body through the empty alley, Mark prayed to himself that those bastards haven’t caught up with him yet. Though, he assumed they will be in any minute now based on the trail of blood created by the bottom of his bloody shoes. Not his blood. Mark’s blood have dried up a long time ago.

 

 

    And he never intended to go crazy again.

 

 

    But he couldn’t help it.

 

 

    They said Jinyoung died.

 

 

    That was enough for Mark to forget how fragile and broken he was from this long period of captivity.

 

 

    Enough for that last string of sanity to be cut and release the monster that’s been trapped within.

 

 

    He won’t rest until he knows the truth.

 

 

    Mark stumbled into an old payphone booth at the end of a vacant intersection. He don’t believe in a God, but he prayed for a miracle as his shaky hands scrambled around the dirty floor. Picking up the dropped coins, Mark smiled weakly and teared up. Fate wasn’t at all too cruel with him. Quickly inserting the coins into the slot, his lips quivered as he tried to chant the numbers on his cracked lips. The coins gave him three chances.

 

 

    First time, no one picked up.

 

 

    Second time, Mark was getting more desperate. He punched his fist on the wall of the booth impatiently and cursed loudly. Tears rolled down his cheeks, smearing the dried blood that rested upon his beautiful face. “Come on… Come on! Please… Goddamnit!”

 

 

    Breathing heavily, Mark tried to calm himself down and remind himself that he’s not an easily agitated person. But his heart kept beating anxiously. This was the last chance.

 

 

    The ringing sped up the shallow pumping of Mark’s heart. He could die of a heart attack right here and now. Forget that he’s running away. He’ll just drop dead here in this abandoned phone booth. If this time fails, then he’ll agree with Death to take his soul away. Because what’s the point of living if Jinyoung is dead?

 

 

    What’s the ing point?

 

 

    “Hello?” The line picked up after what felt like a thousand rings.

 

 

    Mark almost cried out, “Jae-Jaehwan?”