0 0 8

OPERATION: US (SEQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HELLO! LONG TIME NO SEE~ 

I'm back to drop a chapter before... I'm sorry to break it to all my precious readers, but I'll be putting this fic on a SEMI-HIATUS (hopefully not for too long)... I'm sorry that it has to be this way... BUT I WANT YOU ALL TO REST ASSURE BECAUSE I WON'T DROP IT. I. WON'T. DROP. THIS. FIC. It WILL be continues, just not right now, because the amount of writer's block I have for this fic right now is ridiculous... I'm sorry to disappoint you all... 

Though, do enjoy this chapter (also just heads up... this chapter is a bit triggering...) and leave comments~ Also, if there's any questions, feel free to ask! 

(To my HATE readers, you guys are going to start noticing quite a lot of circling haha)

Thank you all for loving and supporting this fic~ I love you guys a lot~ ^___^

Stay safe and make good choices~ Hope to see you all soon~ 

###

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Youngjae lost counts of how many days, how many weeks, or probably even months, have passed. Time was nonexistent for him. Doesn’t matter what he does to ease the ache. It still hurts like his wounds were fresh. He just know the ripping of his heart whenever he catches his broken reflection in the windows of the hospital. Trying to move on with life wasn’t as easy as he had thought. 

 

 

    But at this point, what exactly was easy? 

 

 

    Everything just fell apart. 

 

 

    “Hey, Youngjae-ah,” Sana stopped by, hand holding a cup of fresh coffee, “you okay? Do you need more time off-“

 

 

    Shaking his head, Youngjae traded the coffee with a bitter smile, “it’s fine. I was gone for half a month, I shouldn’t be gone anymore. Work is work.” 

 

 

    Sana wasn’t convince. Not one bit. “Look, you’re going through a lot right now. Just take a leave for a while. The Seniors won’t mind. You’ve been doing a lot for this hospital. Surely, they’ll let you take all the time you need.” 

 

 

    “I’m really fine, Sana. Thank you.” 

 

 

    The nurse just sighed, tired of repeating the same suggestion over and over again for the past three months. Three months. It’s been three months since Youngjae came back to the hospital after a break. Three months since Sana witnessed this broken Youngjae trying to find work as an excuse to run from his problem. Three. ing. Months. She’s been patient enough. “Youngjae, please, I’m begging you! You can’t do this to yourself! You’re in no condition to function properly, yet you still want to work?! Can you please stop and just treasure yourself a bit more? I don’t know what had happened, but Youngjae, please, I’m begging you, take a ing break!” 

 

 

    “I’ve functioned fine the past three months. I don’t see why you’re-“

 

 

    “Fine, my . You’re calling you moping around with Death in your eyes fine?!  You’re calling you staring aimlessly into space while tears streaming down your face fine?! It’s not fine!” By this time, there were tears in Sana’s furious eyes. “I’m so ing done with you! Why must you do this?!” 

 

 

    “Then what else am I supposed to do?!” Youngjae snapped, eyes glassy and shattered with deep sorrow. “What… Am I supposed to do… I… I ing misses him so much, but what am I supposed to do… What am I supposed to do to protect him? Huh? What am I supposed to do?!” His voice cracked as a choked sob escaped. All his bottled emotions overflown. Youngjae held himself, slumping down onto the softness of the couch. His body shook from the thoughts of that one person. 

 

 

    Wrapping her arms around her friend’s shaking body, Sana cried, too, “Youngjae, what-what if… What if-if Jaebum doesn’t needs you to protect him. What if all he wants is for you to trust him and stay by his side. Why? Why are you doing this to yourself? You don’t deserve this… Jaebum doesn’t either. Whatever that’s going on with you two, talk it out.” 

 

 

    A breathy, sarcastic laugh left Youngjae’s mouth as he swallowed through his tears, “how are we supposed to talk it out when I can’t even see him? Sana, thank you, but you don’t know anything. What happened between us is way more than what you think.” Youngjae rubbed his eyes tiredly. “I should move on, right? It’s been three months. I should-“ 

 

 

    “No! You’re just going to let him go like that? You’re still wearing your ring! Youngjae-“

 

 

    The sudden ringtone of Youngjae’s phone went off, cutting through Sana’s angry voice. Youngjae offered an apologetic smile, taking out his phone and answered the call. It was Jackson. 

 

 

    “Youngjae!” Jackson sounded like he hadn’t sleep in days and something disastrous happened. 

 

 

    “Yes?” 

 

 

    “Oh, my God, thank God you picked up.” 

 

 

    “What’s wrong?” What’s wrong that you needed to call me? Youngjae wanted to add.

 

 

    “The entire place is going crazy right now,” Jackson sighed heavily, “I-We-God… . Youngjae, Jinyoung disappeared.”

 

 

    “What?” 

 

 

    “I can’t with this right now,” the agent sounded like he’s going to break anytime soon. “My Captain is locked up somewhere I don’t even ing know. Jaebum is still on lockdown by his own ing parents. And now… PARK JINYOUNG IS ING GONE! This can’t be happening! The last person I want to see gone is Jinyoung. Oh, my ing God, Youngjae, please, it’s not even his annual three-month vacation! We’re in the middle of ing summer! Youngjae, please, get a hold of him, please. EVERYBODY HERE IS ING WORRIED THAT HE BOOKED A FLIGHT TO JEJU AND BECOME WHAT WE ALL ARE FEARED OF. You know damn well that Jinyoung shouldn’t be involve in this, right? We can’t let him! Youngjae, i’m begging you, please, stop him, please!” 

 

 

    Youngjae didn’t notice, but his hands were shaking slightly. So many people are begging him today. He heard everything Jackson was saying, or shouting, through the phone. But the only thing he could clearly soaked in was that Jaebum was still on lockdown by his own ing parents. That hit his heart in all angles. These past three months… How could he be so selfish? How could he? 

 

 

    “I’m sorry I’m laying this on you when I know you’re also going through with your own s… But the K.N.S.S. are relying on you to stop Jinyoung… Please, we can’t let him step into Park Group’s headquarters. The moment he does, Hell’s going to break loose. These past three months, we tried to contain him the best we could… He was going crazy day by day, and now he snapped. We can’t let that happen. We can’t. Park Jinyoung can’t set foot on Jeju, at least not right now. Definitely not RIGHT NOW. So, please-

 

 

    “I got it. I’ll talk to him.” 

 

 

    After hanging up, Youngjae thanked Sana one more time before exiting his office. He found himself standing in the middle of the hospital’s garden. A smile grazed his lips. The nostalgia of this flower field rolled back on him like waves. God, I miss him so much. 

 

 

    Dialing Jinyoung’s number, Youngjae could only sigh. These past months, Jinyoung had let Youngjae stayed with him. Because the both of them, together, had something to grief about. And with each other’s presence, there was comfort in the midst of destruction. Youngjae had known how crazy Jinyoung had been. Jinyoung could be hiding it well at work, but at home, there wasn’t a day that he wouldn’t torture himself with guilt and sleeping pills. Or worse, Mark’s scent. The amount of empty cologne bottles were unimaginable. Even Youngjae was tired of smelling that sweet fragrance. But Jinyoung cried about it, saying that he bought it for Mark back when they weren’t together yet. And Mark still wore it, because Jinyoung liked the smell better. Jinyoung cried over the smallest things about Mark. Youngjae felt so bad. Because Youngjae misses Jaebum a lot, too, but he wasn’t crying as hard as his best friend was. 

 

 

    “Jinyoung,” Youngjae called as soon as the other line was picked up, “hyung, wherever you are, please, come back.” 

 

 

    A silence whispered in Youngjae’s ears. Which didn’t surprise him. He’ll give his best friend all the time in this world. Then, a small annoyed groan was heard. Which also didn’t surprise Youngjae. Because Jinyoung’s chronic migraine has been torturing him recently. Which was rare. Because those migraines only happen to a certain Chairman. 

 

 

    “Youngjae,” Jinyoung exhaled, his breathing a little uneven.

 

 

    “Hyung, you know what, forget where you are. Just, please, stop by a pharmacy and buy the medicine that I prescribed. I’m worried more about your health than whatever the you’re trying to do by disappearing all of a sudden like this.” 

 

 

    “My flight’s in ten,” Jinyoung sighed, “don’t have time to buy anything, Youngjae-ah.”

 

 

    “Hyung, you can’t do this, you know that. You can’t-“

 

 

    “I thought you don’t care about whatever the ’s I’m doing.” 

 

 

    “That’s-“

 

 

    “Don’t stop me, Youngjae. You can’t. You know you can’t. I’ve already decided. I’m going to do something about this. I’m not like you, Youngjae. I can’t just sit there and not do something! I have to do something. I-“ Another irritated groan, “. This ing hurts.”

 

 

    “Hyung-“

 

 

    “No.” 

 

 

    “Hyung, please, I need you here with me… Everybody already left. You can’t leave me, too.” 

 

 

    “Wrong, Youngjae. Jaebum didn’t. You left him.” 

 

 

    That truth pained Youngjae more than anything. He had tried so hard to bury it deep down, but of course, Jinyoung would bring it up as a final defense. What a ing low move. “I know. But it’s for the best-“

 

 

    Jinyoung scoffed, “nothing is ‘for the best,’ Youngjae-ah. You chose to leave him. You’re the one making choices. You disregarded all of Jaebum’s. You’re the one doing this to both yourself and him. If you know what’s he’s doing to himself right now, you won’t be sitting there. You’ll do what I’ll do, too. You’ll go and save him out of whatever the ing Hell he’s in. Don’t try to call me, Youngjae. Because as soon as I step on that plane, I’m no longer Park Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    And the line went dead. Youngjae didn’t even get the chance to say his goodbyes or remind his best friend to buy the medicine he prescribed last week at Jeju or something. He didn’t get to tell Jinyoung that he ed up so much and that Jinyoung was right. He didn’t get to say any of that. Because Jinyoung’s right, the moment Jinyoung steps foot into Jeju, he’s no longer Park Jinyoung. But someone else far more powerful. 

 

 

    Youngjae covered his face with his hand and laughed. The taste of bitter and daggers lingered on the tip of his tongue, poisoning his taste bud with their cruelty. Why must he suffers so much? Why must they suffer so much?

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    They said when the pain becomes unbearable, it’s okay to let go of it all. It’s okay if it hurts too much, and all that was left was to just end it. Jaebum would love to let go. But he couldn’t. He’s been fighting and pushing. All these months, he’s been in violence with this horrible blockage that’s keeping him from Youngjae. He’s been fighting so hard. He can’t give up now. 

 

 

    He wished everything would just stop for a moment. Can time please stop? Sighing, Jaebum knew it’s hopeless. But what could he do. He raised his head, staring at himself in the mirror before him. He’s so ed up. A dry laugh left his cracked lips. He’s so ed up that Youngjae probably won’t even want to see him. That’s fine. Jaebum wouldn’t want his husband to witness him like this. To witness him at his worse end. 

 

 

    Closing his eyes, Jaebum could picture Youngjae and his adorable laugh, Youngjae and his shy giggles as he hid away under the blanket from the lens of Jaebum’s camera, Youngjae and his soft kisses, Youngjae and his bright smile, Youngjae and his affectionate touches, Youngjae and… 

 

 

    Jaebum could only sighed. Tears slipped from the brims of his dead eyes. The stabbing feeling swelled in his heart grew again. He looked down at the small razor in his hand, holding it up so its blade reflected shiningly against the light of the bathroom. Jaebum took another look at himself in the mirror. 

 

 

    “Pathetic,” he whispered, voice hoarse and scratchy, like he hasn’t been talking so he had forgotten how to talk. “Youngjae wouldn’t like you like this.” 

 

 

    He sneered at his awful reflection and turned. His legs gave out as he slid down, head resting against the wooden cabinets. Jaebum held up the razor again, admiring the way the steel seemed so clean, so pure, so attractive. He smiled and stared down at his bare thighs. Jaebum was only in a simple white tee and boxers. Nothing too flashy or uncomfortable. It’s his house anyways. 

 

 

    But that doesn’t matter. 

 

 

    Nothing does. 

 

 

    Except for Youngjae. 

 

 

    But if Youngjae hates Jaebum enough to leave him. 

 

 

    Then what would that make? 

 

 

    Does Jaebum matter? 

 

 

    Probably not. 

 

 

    His cold fingers grazed over the skin of his thigh. “Youngjae also has a scar here,” he whispered again, soft and soothing, like a Siren’s song. Jaebum smiled again. This time, though, a lot brighter. “If I have one, too, wouldn’t we be matching?” 

 

 

    Without thinking too much of it, Jaebum smirked and slid the blade gently over the patch of skin, teasing himself a little. Because his last straw of sanity had already left the moment he picked up that razor to cure his pain, Jaebum’s soul had been dead since. He has so many wounds on his body now, mostly on his chest, because that’s where the heart lies. And his heart is missing, because someone has it. And a missing heart hurts. So in order to rid the pain, why not make little slashes here and there around the heart?

 

 

    Biting down on his dried lip 'til it cracked and bled, Jaebum held in the searing pain and put on pressure, sinking the sharp blade down on his thigh. It hurts. But soon, the pain subsided, and Jaebum felt better. He laughed, watching the blood seeped through the open skin. It felt better here than other places. Jaebum sighed, mentally trotting down that he should just abuse the skin on his thighs instead of other places. Because he could feel the connection, or whatever, to his Youngjae. 

 

 

    Letting the bloody razor dropped to the bathroom floor, Jaebum’s head knocked back against the cabinets. The more blood poured from that deep cut he done, the more hazy his eyes became. But his lips still etched a content smile. Because all he saw was Youngjae’s happy face. Because all he felt was Youngjae’s arms wrapping around him in a warm embrace. Because all he heard was Youngjae’s gentle calls of his name. Because all he tasted was Youngjae’s sweet lips against his own. Because all that matters to him is Youngjae and nothing else. Not even himself. 

 

 

    He closes his eyes, allowing the sentiments to settle deep into his broken blood streams. He just wants to see Youngjae again. Why is that so hard? 

 

 

    “Y-Young Master!” 

 

 

    “Oh, no, no, no, Young Master! Please, open your eyes, please!” 

 

 

    “Call Master and Madam!” 

 

 

    “Call an ambulance! HURRY! HE’S LOSING TOO MUCH BLOOD!” 

 

 

    Jaebum groaned, eyes still closed but mouth muttering, “why are you so loud…? Be quiet… I want to sleep…” And he did just that. He slept. 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    How long has it been since the last time he’d seen sunlight? Mark shook his head and chuckled. He doesn’t know, but it’s been a while. Shifting himself up to a more comfortable position against the cold wall, Mark winced. The beating from days ago still fresh on his flesh. But at least they’re feeding him now. Guess he can’t always have everything. Things take sacrifices. Mark didn’t mind. Honestly, he’d rather take the beatings than to be left starve to the point where he can’t remember who he is. 

 

 

    The chains around his ankles and wrists rattled loudly as Mark tried to move even a little. They’re such a bother, but Mark still haven’t figured out a way to loosen them yet. He’ll be able to soon enough. Lolling his head against the wall, Mark sighed, feeling the boredom creeping through his veins. 

 

 

    He smiled, regardless, thinking of how good it’ll be if he could just fall asleep in Jinyoung’s arms right now. But that reality was just too far from Mark’s reach. A deep pout appeared on his pale lips. He worries. Is Jinyoung eating enough? Is Jinyoung sleeping enough? Are Jaebum and Youngjae taking good care of his baby? Is… No, there’s no way that could happen… Not when it’s still summer, and Jinyoung’s still active as a K.N.S.S. agent. 

 

 

    But if it does. 

 

 

    Because his baby has these stupid chronic migraines. 

 

    

    And it hurts him whenever he sees his baby in so much pain. 

 

 

    So does Youngjae knows to make warm honey lemonade with the ginger minced? But the ginger has to be minced into tiny pieces, though. Because Jinyoung doesn’t like ginger. But if the ginger’s minced, then Jinyoung could just swallow it. Because ginger would help with the migraines. And then does Youngjae knows to cuddle Jinyoung afterwards? Because Jinyoung gets clingy and demanding. Does-

 

 

    Mark sighed. Can someone, please, just let him go already, so he could see if his sweetheart is doing okay? It’s been so long… It’s been so so so long… So long… 

 

 

    “Markie~” 

 

 

    “What,” Mark rolled his eyes, “don’t call me that. It’s disgusting coming from your mouth.” 

 

 

    Daniel laughed, “and here I thought that we’ve already on a stable relationship, since you’ve been here pretty long.” 

 

 

    Mark scoffed, “who wants to be in a relationship with you?” 

 

 

    The mafia boss just shrugged with a smug smile on his face that Mark wanted to reach out and rip it off so bad. If these chains weren’t holding him back, that English bastard would have been in pieces long ago. Mark threw a glare. 

 

 

    “Awe, look at you! I can see the pink in your cheeks now!” Daniel cheered, clasping his hands together and rubbed them, “don’t worry, we’re keeping you alive. You are very important to us.” 

 

 

    “Just kill me. You’re not going to get anything out of me. I don’t know anything.” 

 

 

    “You do, but you just don’t want to say it.” 

 

 

    “I don’t.” 

 

 

    “Oh, you will, though.” 

 

 

    Mark stared at Daniel and let a little smile danced on his dried lips, “how are you so sure?” 

 

 

    At this, Daniel laughed, “of course you wouldn’t know! You’re all caged up in here. Haven’t heard the outside world in months, huh?” 

 

 

    “What’s going on?” Mark furrowed his eyebrow, already feeling that uncomfortable churning feeling in the pit of his stomach. 

 

 

    “Well, the chairmans of Im Trading Commerce came back to Korea three months ago.”

 

 

    Oh, , Jaebum… Mark felt like crying. He wants to be there. He wants to be there for Jaebum. His best friend must be in so much pain right now. And yet, he couldn’t do anything. And how could he forget about Youngjae? He wants to be there. Jaebum’s parents were never nice. They’re going to rip those two apart… 

 

 

    “Yeah, it’s pretty wild. You know, the usual, family problem,” the mafia boss rolled his eyes, uninterested in whatever that’s going on with the Ims. “I mean they’re my business partner, but-“

 

 

    Mark snapped his head upwards, looking deadly at Daniel, “what? Business partners?” 

 

 

    Daniel sighed, hating to be interrupted, “yes, Markie dear, I agreed to get rid of Choi Youngjae-“

 

 

    “Don’t ing touch him you ing piece of !” Mark snarled, eyes glowing with anger. 

 

 

    “Are you mad? Why are you mad? Do you care that much about him?” 

 

 

    “You-“

 

 

    “Anyways,” Daniel waved off, “here’s the most interesting news.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Guess who’s back?” The wide smile on Daniel’s face was creepy. “I’m so excited! Even though it’s not December, or January, or February… But… He’s here!” 

 

 

    No. 

 

 

    No, no, no. 

 

 

    NO! 

 

 

    Mark’s eyes widened, “no…” 

 

 

    “Yes, Mark, dearie, you guessed right! Mister Chairman is here. He’s here in Jeju.” 

 

 

    Colors drained from Mark’s face as he tried to comprehend the words that’s coming out of Daniel’s mouth. Why… Why… He slumped back against the wall, losing all the hope he’s been building up in these chains. Mark shook his head in denial. He can’t. Jinyoung can’t be here… Why? Jinyoung… Why? I told you not to do anything! Why?! You’re walking right into their ing trap! Why didn’t you trust me to handle this… Why… 

 

 

    “You know, I do enjoy the look you’re having right now. It’s pretty refreshing, given that all I’ve been getting from you were growls and sarcasm. Whatever you’re having on right now is pretty, Mark. Keep that look.”

 

 

    You can’t be here, Jinyoung-ah… 

 

 

    Please, go back… 

 

 

    Sweetheart, Mark felt his heart shattering to pieces right there, you’re walking right into the lion’s den. And I can’t protect you. Not this time. Why are you doing this to yourself, Jinyoung-ah? 

 

 

    “I’ve been waiting too long for this. The Beast is finally awake again!”

 

 

    “What are you planning to do you bastard?!” Mark glared, chains rattling as he struggled to grab a hold of Daniel, but only to be held back harshly by the heavy metal. 

 

 

    “I’m not going to do anything.” 

 

 

    “If you dare laid a finger on him, I will kill you!” 

 

 

    “You? Kill me? Like this?” Daniel’s obnoxious laugh buzzed annoying in Mark’s ears, “you’re all bones and skin. Can’t even stand up correctly. How are you going to kill me? Besides, what if the news of you, Mark Tuan, is here without the approval seal of the government to protect you and without the Chairman’s powers to protect you because you’re not approved by the President to be the Chairman’s personal bodyguard, gets out? What if I spread this news everywhere on this island? You know you’re hated here, Mark. Everyone’s going to come at you. You’re like fresh meat out in the open for hungry wolves to chomp on. You’re a prey, Mark. Always been. It’s just back then you had Mister Chairman who’s always so so so protective. But now, you don’t have any of that. You’re just here. Alone. And weakened. You’re not going to last.” 

 

 

    Mark eyed the man with burning hatred in his eyes. He wanted to say something back, but he couldn’t. Because whatever Daniel said was all true. Mark wasn’t going to last here. If there’s a place that he’s definitely not safe in, it’ll be Jeju. There’s reasons why the K.N.S.S. and the team back in America retrained Mark from going to Jeju if he got no business there. Unless he’s there as Chairman Park’s personal bodyguard, then he’ll be safe no matter what. Otherwise, Mark was on his own. 

 

 

    But all of that doesn’t matter now. 

 

 

    Right now, all that matters to Mark is Jinyoung. 

 

 

    His husband is here on the island, breaking all kinds of protocols. 

 

 

    Mark didn’t expect for the Beast that he had tamed to be awaken so soon. 

 

 

    “Well, Mark, I don’t have much time,” the English man pursed his lips, “I have to go greet His Majesty. So why don’t you be a good puppy and sit here quietly, yeah?” 

 

 

    “. You.” 

 

 

    “I said ‘good puppy’!” Daniel roared, delivering a strong kick right into his prisoner’s stomach. “Bad boy!” 

 

 

    Mark clutched his stomach, groaning against the dirty ground, blood rushing to his brain. “You’ll regret all of this!” And that earned another kick to his stomach. Mark burst out laughing, blood dripping down his chin, “don’t… Don’t you dare touch him. I’ll ing kill you.” 

 

 

    “Pathetic,” Daniel spat, grinding the heel of his leather shoes on Mark’s hand. 

 

 

    Mark bit back the pain. He rose and spat a mouth full of blood at the English man. Daniel gasped and yelled angrily at his ruined suit. Mark grinned, lifting his head up to reveal white teeth now tainted in deep red. His smile never faltered. Not even when Daniel smacked him hard across his face. 

 

 

    As the mafia boss stormed off, Mark snickered, “you’ll never get what you want. As long as I’m still alive, you’ll never be able to have it.” 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Pulling into the driveway, Mark sighed, relieved that he’s finally home. He was getting sick of all the paperworks he had to fill out all day today in his office. Now, he’s finally free. Unlocking the door, Mark looked at the watch on his wrist. Two more hours until his husband gets home, so maybe he’ll go shower and do some grocery shopping for tonight’s dinner. Mark smiled, already decided in his head what they’re having tonight. Removing his shoes, Mark looked around the house, suddenly got a bad feeling. Being an agent, Mark carefully observed for anything that seemed out of place. But everything looked fine. Shaking his head, the agent brushed it off, telling himself that he’s too tired and now imagining things. So he continued to advance upstairs. 

 

    

    That’s when he heard it. 

 

 

    He stopped dead on his tracks. 

 

 

    “What the …” Mark whispered quietly, ears listening close. 

 

 

    There was some kind of noise coming from upstairs… In their room… Mark quietly made his way up to their shared bedroom. Peaking his head through the opening of the room’s door, he raised an eyebrow at the mud-covered clothes scattered all over the carpet. What kind of rude- intruder is this? Mark was in no mood to be playing these games. He’ll catch this er heads on. But when he reached the bathroom, he halted. The noises were definitely coming from there. Mark scoffed, determined to catch this unmannered intruder. So with great force, he busted the locked bathroom door open by throwing his body sideways, breaking down the entire door. 

 

 

    “You motherer- AH!” Mark panicked, and his first instinct was to immediately turned around. 

 

 

    “AH!” The person inside also screamed in surprise, and their first reaction was to grab the first thing to cover themself with. Lucky enough that it was a towel. After the person was done wrapping himself up, he looked up and recognized that back. “M-Mark?” 

 

 

    Mark titled his head. This voice… “Jinyoung?” 

 

 

    “Yeah…” Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, finding it really odd, and lowkey insecure about his own body because Mark literally has his back to him right now. “Why am I greeted by your back?” 

 

 

    “Um…” Mark’s face scrunched up in confusion, “you’re right. Why am I turning this way?” 

 

 

    “Uh-huh. Why are you? Is it because I stopped working out and-“

 

    

    “Oh, God, no, babe, don’t say that,” Mark interrupted before he’ll hear an earful of Jinyoung degrading his own glorious body, “I’m just giving you, uh, um, privacy?” 

 

 

    “Mark, we’re married.” 

 

 

    “Oh.” 

 

 

    “So can you turn around? I want to see your face.” 

 

 

    “Okay…” Mark turned around slowly and quirked an eyebrow, “Jinyoung, you’re not supposed to be home in another,” he took a look at the time on his watch, “two hours.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung smiled sheepishly, scratching his head with one hand while the other gripped onto the towel that’s covering his body. “Well, we were on a mission. Chased this guy. And I fell into mud, so Bambam took me home.” 

 

 

    Mark sighed, “jeez, at least text me or something. You can’t be giving heart attacks like these. I’m old!” 

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, Jinyoung scoffed, “funny.” 

 

 

    “But sweetheart, you sure you just fell into mud? Because it looks like an entire war happened on your body. And you’re not doing a very good job covering up. Just saying.” 

 

 

    Clearing his throat, Jinyoung tried to move the towel around a bit to cover himself better before he gets even more embarrassed for looking like a dirty dog in front of his gorgeous husband. Mark just raised his eyebrow, “don’t even try. You’re terrible. Always been. Even that time in Jeju, when I-“

 

 

    “OKAY!” Jinyoung pouted and avoided his husband’s eyes. 

 

 

    Mark chuckled, “cute.” 

 

 

    “You’re mean. Go away. Go make dinner or something. I still need to srub all these mud off my body.” 

 

 

    “Yeah, and do a pre-wash on those dirty clothes you left all over the floor. Baby, I love you, but how many times have I told you not to-“

 

 

    “I got it! I got it!” 

 

 

    Mark raised his arms up in surrender, “fine, okay then.” 

 

 

    “It was uncomfortable, and I just want to get it off my body real quick,” Jinyoung reasoned, the pout still resting there. 

 

 

    The corners of Mark’s lips lifted into a comforting smile. “I know. Good luck~ I was going to shower, but you can have it. I’ll just drop by the market and shower later-“

 

 

    “You know,” Jinyoung cleared his throat again, face a bit red, “it’s kind of hard doing this by myself…” 

 

 

    Mark tilted his head and looked confusingly at his husband, “what do you mean?” 

 

 

    “I hate you.” 

 

 

    And Mark laughed, “okay, okay, okay.” He shrugged off his suit jacket and took off his tie. “I guess I might as well shower, too. Save water,” Mark winked. 

 

 

    Jinyoung smirked, “that’s what I meant.” 

 

 

    Cradling his husband’s head, Mark left a quick kiss on his lips. “I know.” He whispered against Jinyoung’s lips, as his hand gently removed the towel from Jinyoung’s grip. 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Jinyoung’s eyes fluttered open, welcoming the bright sunlight of a typical summer morning in Jeju. He groaned, turning to the other side to avoid the light. It’s been a week or two since he landed on this island, yet he still couldn’t get used to it. Normally, in winter, the sun wasn’t this violent in the mornings. After a few more minutes, Jinyoung got up and rubbed his eyes. Staring at nothing in particular for another few minutes or so, Jinyoung finally dragged himself to the bathroom. 

 

 

    Coming down the stairs of the villa he always stays at whenever he’s in Jeju, Jinyoung buttoned the cuffs of his white button-up. He freshened himself and done his hair in the style he always did whenever he’s here. Jinyoung made his way to the kitchen and opened the fridge, frowning because there wasn’t anything he could eat. He sighed, eyes searching around. And of course, his attention landed on the bottle of red wine on the dining table. Jinyoung smiled. It was the bottle from yesterday that he drank. Without thinking twice about how bad it’ll be to have wine first thing in the morning, Jinyoung poured himself a glass. Oh well, he’s been having those migraines again. A little wine can’t be that bad. 

 

 

    He stood there, staring out at the sea through the huge glass windows, sipping on his wine, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere around him. Except it wasn’t peaceful. Jinyoung’s eyes darken with the tension in the air. 

 

 

    This place. 

 

 

    This villa. 

 

    

    Brings back so much memories that Jinyoung wished he could forget. 

 

 

    But at the same time, he wished he could keep remembering them forever. 

 

 

    He wanted to forget because this was where they fought. This was where they hated each other. But he wanted to remember because this was where their hearts yearned for one another. This was where their story started. 

 

 

    Jinyoung sighed, turning around, and unintentionally, his eyes caught the couch lying there. A smile found its way to his lips. This was the couch that Mark had always slept in during that first time they were forced to live together. Jinyoung stared, missing the nights when he would come down to get a glass of water and found Mark lying there with his arms crossed his chest just peacefully sleeping as the moonlight from the windows shone on his face. Although Jinyoung had hated Mark back then, he still had a heart to cover Mark up with a blanket and, maybe, snuck little glances at Mark’s sleeping face. 

 

 

    It’s so embarrassing to admit, but Jinyoung didn’t have to admit to anything. Because Mark always knew. Mark always knew everything before it actually happens. Probably that’s why Mark was so persistent on chasing after Jinyoung. Because he knew that Jinyoung had loved him from the very beginning. 

 

 

    Chugging the remaining of his wine down in one go, Jinyoung held back his tears. He can’t be crying. Especially now that he’s here in Jeju. He can’t be showing weakness. He’ll cry later when he gets back to Seoul. But right now, there’s a lot more important things to do. 

 

 

    “Sir.”

 

 

    Setting the glass down on the table, Jinyoung turned to face his former Head Bodyguard of the Park’s bodyguard company. “Jaehwan, you’re here earlier than I thought.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan bowed respectfully, “Master, I heard you were coming unscheduled, so I had to hurry over. How could you stay here without a single guard? Sir-"

 

 

    “Relax,” Jinyoung offered a little smile, “I’ve been here for about two weeks now. I’m still unscratched, am I?” 

 

    

    “Master, why are you here?” Jaehwan asked rather straightforwardly. 

 

    

    “You’ve grown a lot, Jaehwan.” 

 

 

    “Sir, please answer. I need to know what’s going on. Why are you here in the middle of summer? Why are you here alone? If you’re on immediate business then shouldn’t they let Hyungnim go with you?” 

 

 

    “Hyungnim…” Jinyoung scoffed quietly. 

 

 

    “Yes, sir… Hyungnim. Mark-hyungnim. He’s the current Head Bodyguard, well, he’s been the Head Bodyguard since the day you two got together, but anyways, there’s no reason for them not to assign him to go with you-"

 

 

    “Is the car ready, Jaehwan?” 

 

 

    “-Y-yes, sir.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung straightened his back and exhaled softly. Grabbing his suit jacket and slipped it on, the master’s star-like eyes lost their sparks. Now, they’re just empty and piercingly cold. “Then, I’m leaving. And you, Kim Jaehwan, stop asking questions. I’m not in the ing mood.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan gulped, “my apologies, sir,” he bowed. For whatever reason that his master is here on such short notice, it must be extremely serious. Because it’s been a damn long time since Jaehwan last seen those monstrous eyes of a vicious Beast. The last time he’d witnessed them was when his master was just a young master who didn't know what love was. Just a young master who acted tough through everything to prove to the world that he was God. Just a young master who shouldered all the burdens and pains by himself because he thought he deserved them all. Just a young master who tried so hard to shut himself out because that was the only way he could survive in this brutal reality. Just an arrogant young master who hadn’t fall deeply in love with a kindhearted agent named Mark Tuan. 

 

 

    Just a young master. 

 

 

    But that young master was capable of turning rains into thunderstorms, turning campfires into wildfires, turning everything pure and innocent into an abomination of sins upon sins. That young master was young, yet he was confident and horrendous. 

 

 

    So, Jaehwan couldn’t even imagine what his master was capable of now. Park Jinyoung could burn down the world at such a young age. There’s no doubt that older Park Jinyoung could destroy the entire universe. 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    “Oh, my God! Did you hear?”

 

 

    “Yes-“

 

 

    “He’s here!” 

 

 

    “Why is he here so early in the year? Did we ed up? Who ed up? I swear if he punishes all of us just because of one person ed up, I’ll-” 

 

 

    “I don’t know but I’m scared… Is he going to…” 

 

 

    “Ssshh! Be quiet! He’ll hear you!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung walked past the doors of Park Group’s headquarters with pride circling his feet and confidence oozing from his posture. He held his head high and mighty like the God he is. Here, there is no Park Jinyoung. The only person exists here is Chairman Park. 

 

 

    If no one is going to do anything, then fine, I’ll ing do it myself. 

 

    

    Mark, just a little longer more, I promise.