0 0 9

OPERATION: US (SEQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

    “I can’t believe you’re doing this,” Jaebum rolled his eyes as he set the bowl of kimchi stew carefully on the dining table. “This is supposed to be a date between us! Not a let’s-invite-our-friend-who’s-alone-on-Valentine’s-day date.” 

 

 

    Youngjae sighed, “stop overreacting. It’s not like we haven’t gone on dates in a while.” 

 

 

    “That’s EXACTLY what it is! We haven’t gone in a single date since New Year’s. And now, it’s Valentine’s. But of course, you decided to invite someone over for dinner that’s supposed to be exclusively for us two.” 

 

 

    “Stop complaining,” Mark sighed, removing his leather jacket and throwing it on the sofa. “I’ll do the dishes, so shut up and get back to the kitchen.” 

 

 

    “I hate you, Mark. Get the out of my house.” 

 

 

    “Actually, it’s Youngjae’s house.” 

 

 

    “I’m married to him, so that makes it my house, too.” 

 

 

    “But Youngjae bought it, not you.” 

 

 

    “Mark-“

 

 

    The doctor decided to step in, tired of these two old men’s childish bickering. The sound of ceramic plates colliding with marble tabletop echoed throughout the room. The agents turned toward the source of that interruption. Youngjae frowned, “do you two want to make me upset? Because it’s working pretty damn well.” With the silent shakes of Jaebum’s and Mark’s heads, Youngjae rolled his eyes, “I thought so.” 

 

 

    Jaebum glared at his best friend one last time before disappearing back into the kitchen. Youngjae watched his husband stomped away like a child, then he turned to Mark with an apologetic smile, “sorry, hyung. You know how he is.”  

 

 

    “Yeah, I know,” Mark chuckled, “but I’m sorry, too, for crashing your date. You know, I’m fine with staying home and watch stupid re-runs and eat take-outs. You really didn’t have to invite me.” 

 

 

    “You ungrateful bastard,” Jaebum appeared again, this time with two plates of sides dishes in his hands. “You’re already here, so might as well. Besides, when was the last time you properly celebrated any holiday?”

 

 

    “I don’t remember…”

 

 

    “Exactly! Because you’re always by yourself whenever Christmas rolls around. And then by yourself again when New Year’s comes. And now Valentine’s.” 

 

 

    “Could you really blame me, though?” Mark took a seat, watching the the couple setting the table. “I mean I have a Chairman-of-the-World for a husband. It’s great.” That last bit came out a little more sarcastic than Mark had intended it to. 

 

 

    Jaebum laughed, “sure, it is.” 

 

 

    The older shrugged, “people think marrying someone rich would give them everything. I mean, they’re not wrong, but they’re also not one-hundred percent right. Like, Jinyoung literally buys me everything. He could buy me a couple of buildings and a bunch of cars, and he’ll still have  tons of money left over. So, yeah, in a way I do have everything. I have him. But then as the marriage goes on, I realized I have everything but time. Everything but time with my own husband.” 

 

 

    When all the dishes were brought out, the couple finally took their seats. Youngjae reached over to scoop some rice. “Yeah, stop complaining about my night shifts, Jaebum. We spend more time together than them.” 

 

 

    Mark laughed, picking up his chopsticks, “we all know Jaebum is just Jaebum. He’s going to complain either way. Habits.” 

 

 

    “Whatever,” Jaebum shrugged, “our situations are different.” 

 

 

    “You still can’t go to Jeju, Mark-hyung?” Youngjae asked, putting a piece of braised beef in his mouth. 

 

 

    “No,” Mark shook his head and sighed, “I could only go when the President himself writes me a statement. It’s the best protection that way.” 

 

 

    “Can’t Jinyoung protect you? Didn’t he gave you the position as Rose Corps’ Head Bodyguard? You basically have thousands of extremely trained bodyguards under you.” 

 

 

    “Our marriage’s a secret outside of K.N.S.S., Youngjae-ah, remember? Having me under his protection would only be getting in his way. He doesn’t think that. But realistically, it’s like that. And also, Jinyoung wanted me to have some political power, so he decided to kick Jaehwan and appoint me. I’m just Head Bodyguard in title, but Jaehwan does all the works.”

 

 

    Jaebum scoffed, “I mean if your didn’t ed up that mission from years ago, who knows, you might be able to set foot in Jeju.” 

 

 

    “Wow,” Mark rolled his eyes, “you’re going to start it now?” 

 

 

    “Hell yeah I am!” 

 

 

    “Jae-"

 

    

    “You would have avoided getting shot if your wasn’t so irresponsible.”  

 

 

    “Yeah, and you would have ALSO avoided getting shot if your wasn’t trying to be a goddamn hero.” 

 

 

    “Hey, I saved your ing husband’s life while you having fun on the other side of the world.” 

 

 

    “Well, then I saved him, too. Before you did, . Don’t copy me.” 

 

 

    “I didn’t. I took a bullet because I didn’t want him to get hurt. You took a bullet because you love him.” 

 

 

    “You’re an .” 

 

 

    “You, too.” 

 

 

    “Jaebummie?” Youngjae’s voice cut through the tension. 

 

 

    Jaebum, without turning his head or looking away from Mark’s eyes, responded with such gentleness in his voice, “yes, baby? What do you need?” 

 

 

    “Could you pass me the fish?” 

 

 

    “Sure thing, darling,” Jaebum reached to his right and grabbed the plate of fried fish, passing it over to his husband, still without breaking eye contact with his best friend. “Enjoy yourself, honey. Eat lots.” 

 

 

    Mark glared, stabbing his chopsticks into his bowl of rice, “I hate you. I have no dirt on you, bastard.” 

 

 

    Youngjae smiled, “yes, you do, hyung. Remember,” the doctor faked cough, “um, Jaebum’s,” faked cough again, “mission…” 

 

 

    “Oh, come on!” Jaebum threw his arms up in frustration and unfairness, “why is everything against me today!” 

 

 

    The doctor shared a high-five with the agent, and they both laughed. Mark leaned leaned over and put a piece of meat into Jaebum’s bowl. “He got a point. You were such an .” 

 

 

    “You know what,” Jaebum pretended the alliance between his own husband and his best friend weren’t affecting him at all. “At least I don’t cry because Jinyoung won’t love me~” 

 

 

    Youngjae stopped chewing and gasped, eyes widened, “ouch. That’s such a move.” 

 

 

    “Youngjae’s right,” Mark stared at Jaebum in disgust, “that’s a move. Take it back. Apologize.” 

 

 

    “Have you seen Mark cries before, Jae-ah?” 

 

 

    “No…” 

 

 

    “It’s hilarious,” Jaebum grinned, already tasting the victory on his tongue. He could go against two with no problem. “But at the time, being a great best friend that I am, I comforted him. And guess what, I got caught up in whatever the that went on between them. Like, Jinyoung already hated me before, but he just hated me more because I’m close with Mark. Can you believe it? They weren’t even dating at that time!” 

 

 

    Mark and Youngjae shared a look, knowing exactly what’s about to come next. 

 

 

    Jaebum’s appetite was long forgotten. “Like, who the is he?! Who does he thinks he is? He didn’t mean anything to Mark yet, so how dared he tried to compete with me?” 

 

 

    “I don’t know, Bummie, but that sounds like a personal problem,” Youngjae cleared his throat and went back to eating. 

 

 

    “Anyways, besides the point, Mark crying is still a sight to see.” 

 

 

    “You son-of-a-.” 

 

 

    “You can’t really be saying that when you started a relationship with me because you thought it’ll be a great idea for your mission,” Youngjae stated casually. 

 

 

    “Youngjae! My man!” Mark smiled brightly while high-fiving the doctor.  

 

 

    “Okay, am I missing something? What is going on between you two? Why are you taking his side? I’m your HUSBAND!” 

 

 

    “I’m not taking anyone’s side. Well, I take Jinyoung’s side, but he’s not here, so…” 

 

 

    “You’re CLEARLY taking Mark’s side just now.” 

 

 

    “I mean… Mark-hyung is Jinyoung-hyung’s husband… And I take Jinyoung’s side…”

 

 

    “Also, I knew Youngjae longer than you, sweetie,” Mark winked, making sure he’s teasing the s out of his best friend.

 

 

    “You only knew him because you’re ing Jinyoung,” Jaebum crossed his arms against his chest. 

 

    

    “We’re eating,” Youngjae sighed, “please, leave out all the bedroom vocabularies."

 

 

    Mark scoffed, “I know, right? How rude.”

 

 

    “I can’t believe this,” Jaebum dramatically threw down his eating utensils. The other two just ignored him and went back to enjoying the foods that he made. Jaebum sat there sulking for some time before picking up his chopsticks. “I’m pitiful. When will someone love me.” 

 

 

    “I’m sorry you have to marry this idiot,” Mark said, face sad and full of concerns towards Youngjae. 

 

 

    “It’s all right. He’s a handful, but I love him. So it’s okay,” as always, nothing could wavered Youngjae’s bright smile. 

 

 

    And they left it at Jaebum’s red cheeks. The three went into a comfortable silence as they all concentrated on enjoying their meals. Occasionally, the couple would take turn putting vegetables and meats in each other’s bowls. And Mark just watched them with sparkles in his eyes, because he’s happy for his friends. 

 

 

    Dinner ended peacefully with no more petty fights between the two agents. Youngjae happily cut out fruits and filled their glasses with wine as they chatted on. Their conversations shifted from various topics, from trivial things to politics, or just a drama that they all watched before. Minutes turned into hours. And before they know it, the clock struck midnight. Valentine’s was over. 

 

 

    Mark sighed, “all right. I guess I’ll leave now.” 

 

 

    “Hyung, you could stay if you’d like,” Youngjae offered. 

 

 

    “No, he can’t,” Jaebum raised an eyebrow. 

 

 

    “And why is that, Bummie?” The doctor crossed his arms against his chest in challenge. 

 

 

    “Because we’re going to have ,” was Jaebum’s straightforward answer with a casual shrug. “Unless he wants to hear it all, then he’s welcome to stay. But I’m just saying for his own good, Jae-ah.” 

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, Mark finished chewing on the last slice of apple and made his way to the living room. He picked up his leather jacket from the sofa, “you’re ridiculous. Though, thank you, Youngjae, for the offer. But I’ll have to deny, since I’m such a wonderful best friend. Jaebum’s been sitting there, eyeing you like you’re a piece of fresh meat throughout the whole entire dessert session. I’m just being considerate. Sorry I crashed your Valentine’s.” 

 

 

    Youngjae shook his head, smiling sympathetically at the older, “it’s okay, hyung. You know you’re always welcome-"

 

 

    “Uh, no, you’re not-"

 

 

    “Shut up, Jaebum, or I’ll make you sleep on the couch,” the doctor warned, pinching his husband’s arm painfully. 

 

 

    “You really hate me, huh, Jaebum~” Mark cooed as he reached over to caress his best friend’s face in the most annoying way. 

 

 

    “Hands off me, ,” Jaebum glared and swatted Mark’s hand away from his precious face. “Anyways, drive safe. Want me to call a cab instead?” 

 

 

    “It’s just a little wine,” Mark puts on his jacket, “I’ll be fine.” 

 

 

    “You sure?” 

 

 

    “Yes, Jaebum, stop babying me. Weren’t you just ing at me seconds ago? What now. Don’t want me to leave?” 

 

 

    “I’m worried. But do leave, please,” Jaebum smiled, “Youngjae won’t let me touch him if you’re staying the night.” That earned a smack in the chest from the mentioned doctor. 

 

 

    “God, you’re disgusting,” Mark chuckled, ruffling Youngjae’s hair affectionately, “how do you even managed to go to work so early every morning when your man is acting like this?” 

 

 

    Youngjae smirked, “the same way Jinyoung and you leave for work, hyung-ah~” 

 

 

    Gasping, Mark slapped a hand over his heart, “and I thought you’ll be by my side? How could you betray me like this?” 

 

 

    “I’m a game player,” Youngjae shrugged, pulling Jaebum into a side-hug and resting his chin on his husband’s shoulder, “it’s midnight and I’m tired. Sticking to your side is too much work. And I do love Jaebum more. Also, I feel bad for torturing him all night. Time to fly back to my nest.” 

 

 

    Jaebum couldn’t hide a happy smile as he turned his head and pressed a kiss to Youngjae’s head. Mark looked on, smiling fondly at the two. Now, he misses Jinyoung even more. “Okay, I’ll leave now. You two gross me out.” 

 

 

    “You and Jinyoung gross me out,” Jaebum rolled his eyes, “but I don’t entirely blame you, though. Jinyoung’s a whiny little . So ing needy all the damn time.” 

 

 

    “Hey, don’t blame Jinyoung-hyung!” Youngjae pouted, “he grew up differently. Cut my brother some slacks. He never gets love, so of course, he’ll be clingy with Mark-hyung, because hyung loves him.” 

 

 

    “You don’t love him, Jae?” 

 

 

    “I do. But he needed a passionate love, not a compassionate one. And Mark-hyung’s the only one who could do that.” 

 

 

    Mark laughed, “of course, since I’m the ONLY  one who’s stupid enough to fall so ing deeply in love with a Beast, huh. It’s funny, because Jinyoungie is the opposite of how I want my men. Like, COMPLETELY opposite. But God, do I ing love him. And , if we keep talking about him, I’m going to breakdown right here. Because I ing misses him so much.” 

 

 

    “Yes! We get to see you cry!” Youngjae cheered, “cry! Cry! Cry!” 

 

 

    Unamused, Mark quirked his eyebrow, “wow. What great friends I have.” 

 

 

    “You love us~” Youngjae detached himself from Jaebum and opened his arms to his hyung. He pulled Mark into a warm hug. “We love you, too.” 

 

 

    “Thank you-"

 

 

    The house’s bell rung, catching the three of them off-guard. Youngjae looked over at Jaebum, who’s looking back with the same confused face. Out of instinct, the three of them tensed up. Each one getting ready to encounter any type of combat. Because why not? There’s two special trained agents and a martial arts trained doctor. They can easily take down anyone. Jaebum moved towards the front door while signaling for Youngjae to get ready to grab the gun they hid in one of the cupboards in the kitchen. Mark was ready to swipe out his pocketknife. 

 

 

    Carefully, Jaebum unlocked the huge double doors of the mansion. He thought he’ll be ready for it, but something else was faster. As soon as the sound of the lock resonated through the place, from the other side, the “intruder” burst through easily with so much force that sent Jaebum back a few steps. No one expected this. Youngjae had the gun cocked and readied to fire. Mark twirled the pocketknife in his hand, positioning his wrist at the right angle for a powerful projectile. Jaebum saw the “intruder” first. And his jaw dropped open at the sudden guest. 

 

 

    Literally, no one expected this. 

 

 

    “Hey, sorry, I’m late for the party,” the Chairman walked in, still in his usual business suit and hair swept handsomely, revealing a promising forehead. He looked a bit disheveled, but nonetheless, still as beautiful as the media and entire business world described him as. “Flight arrived late and there was a little bit of a problem. But I’m here!” 

 

 

    “Chairman Park?” Youngjae dropped the gun, “what the ?” 

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, Jinyoung groaned, “can you not call me that? This isn’t Jeju! This is SEOUL. And I am NOT Chairman Park. I’m Park Jinyoung! Just call me Jinyoung for ’s sake! I’m so sick of this whole ‘Chairman’ bull.” 

 

 

    “Kind of hard not to when you literally walked in with your ‘Mister Chairman’ attire, you know,” Jaebum closed the doors. “Should have changed out if you wanted to be referred as ‘Park Jinyoung.’ The presence of you put this place into danger.” 

 

 

    “Wait, why are you here?” Youngjae crossed over to his best friend. 

 

 

    “So I can’t be here now? Is that it?” Jinyoung glared.

 

 

    “Woah woah,” the doctor puts his arms up, “calm down. It’s just you have two more weeks. Why back so early?” 

 

 

    “Because I heard someone was talking about me behind my back, so I decided to show up unannounced and kill the bastard. Also, because I ing hate it there, okay? Can’t I just come back and…” Jinyoung entered the living room. Immediately, he ran over to his husband and threw himself. “MARK!”     

 

 

    Mark was taken by full surprise, “Chairman Park?! Hold on! I’m holding a knife! Be careful.” Mark quickly dropped the weapon. 

 

 

    Snuggling into the familiar embrace and smell that he missed so much, Jinyoung felt himself relaxing without much of a struggle. It’s like everything just eased in perfectly. And Jinyoung loved it. “I miss you. Did you miss me? I was going to go back during Christmas, but ing Jaehwan was on my twenty-four seven so I couldn’t sneak out-"

 

 

 

    “You SNUCK out?!” The three of them shouted at the same time. 

 

 

    Jinyoung pouted, pulling away from the hug so he could see Mark’s face. “Yeah, I did. Is that wrong? Did you not want to see me?” 

 

 

    “I…” Mark was too overwhelmed was what was happening at the moment. Because clearly, the person in front of him was the Chairman in the flesh, but at the same time, it’s his husband. Goodness. Jinyoung had never showed up in front of Mark in his Chairman Park persona anymore after that unfortunate time they first worked together, because Jinyoung knew how much Mark hated him as the Chairman. That’s what Jinyoung had always thought. But Mark doesn’t care. He loves them both. Chairman Park or Park Jinyoung. Mark just preferred that they’re both tamed and not going around killing people for their own benefits. In which Park Jinyoung excels at, while Chairman Park’s still working diligently on that. Mark appreciates it, of course. But Mark still loves them both. Because Jinyoung is Jinyoung. 

 

 

    The look on Mark’s face deepened the pout on Jinyoung’s lips, “I’m sorry… I didn’t have time to change out and fix myself.” 

 

 

    Smiling softly, Mark kissed that adorable pout away, “still love you, sir.”  Pulling his husband back into his arms, Mark buried his face in Jinyoung’s hair, closing his eyes in content. “God, I ing missed you so ing much.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung blushed, tightening his arms around Mark, “I’m sorry to show up so suddenly… I’m just… I just needed to breathe. I can’t. I just can’t do it anymore. And I needed to see you before I go crazy and do something stupid again… I’m so sorry for showing up looking like this. , I know you hate-"

 

 

 

    “Hey, stop it,” Mark frowned, “who said I hate anything? Did you seriously thought that after all these years? Did I said anything about hating it? No, Jinyoung-ah, you just decided that yourself. You know I love you. Doesn’t matter who you showed up as. I’ll still love you. Because I didn’t go through Hell with your bratty just to not love you.” 

 

 

    “I’m sorry…” 

 

 

    “Don’t be, sweetheart. I’m just happy I get to hug you again. I know this happens every year, but it’s just all these couples' holidays, and I don’t have someone to hug.”

 

 

    “It ing . Because I want to spend the holidays with you, too,” Jinyoung sighed, “why am I stuck with this ing annoying title. I don’t want it!” 

 

 

    Mark laughed and patted his husband’s head, “don’t say that, babe. I didn’t ing took a ing bullet for you to trash your title as the world’s Chairman just like this. At least make my almost-death experience worth something.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung lifted his head and kissed Mark’s lips, “I mean it’s not my fault you decided to be a ing hero. Like, you could have just left me to die. I wanted to die.”

 

 

    “We are NOT starting this again.” 

 

 

    “Mark, you could have just left me. You had an option.” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung-"

 

 

    “Wouldn’t it be better if I died off right then? I could of cleanse off those horrible sins that on my skin like parasites.” 

 

 

    “You ing bastard. Park Jinyoung, I ing hate you. You’re right. I should have left you to die. But you know why I didn’t?” Mark sounded extremely annoyed, but still spoke with a composed face. “I didn’t because that moment when I saw that gun pointed at you, I thought about what it would be like to lose the most important person in my life. In the span of seconds, I decided I’ll trade my life for yours. Because I love you. And I love you so much that I couldn’t deny it. Not during that moment. I just had to. I always let my brain do the thinking, but for once, I let my heart decided. And I decided that you’re too important to me. I’d rather die than see you dead in front of me. That would have broken me to pieces.” 

 

 

    Avoiding Mark’s intense gaze, Jinyoung looked away, hiding his embarrassed face in the crook of Mark’s neck. “You’re a ing idiot. Agents weren’t supposed to let their personal feelings interrupt their work.” 

 

 

    “We’ve been through this so many times, Jinyoung-ah. Back then, you weren’t just ‘work.’ At first, you were, sure, because I hated your spoiled . But I fell too hard, fell too bad, fell too strong at your feet. Then there’s no way you were just mere ‘work’ to me. In my eyes, you became my everything. And I couldn’t stop loving you since. No regrets, though. ‘Cause I knew you’ll come around eventually.” 

 

 

    “How arrogant. You can’t just decided that you’ll win in the end without even starting the game yet.” 

 

 

    “But I won, didn’t I?”

 

 

    Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “you’re ridiculous.” 

 

 

    “Revenge for stealing my heart,” Mark smiled brightly, cupping Jinyoung’s face and leaning in to connect their lips together again. 

 

 

    They stayed like that, in each other’s embraces, kissing and smiling like when they first fell in love. They were just glad to be home again. 

 

 

    “Ehem,” Jaebum cleared his throat, trying to get the lovebirds’ attention. Half of him was glad he and Youngjae wasn’t presence while this whole emotional reunion went down. Half of him was squealing excitedly inside, because he's so happy for his best friend. Jaebum was getting worried sick after seeing Mark being so depressed and suicidal during Christmas. Looks like now he won’t have to worry about Mark jumping off a building. He won’t have to constantly check on Mark to see if the male was doing something stupid like harming himself. “Sorry to interrupt, but looks like you two got a special visit.”

 

 

    Mark and Jinyoung stopped their little make-out session when that special guest walked in. Jinyoung’s first reaction was to hide behind his husband. “Mark! I don’t want to go! Please, don’t send me off!” 

 

 

    “SIR,” Jaehwan growled, anger fumed from his face, “you have to leave NOW. The next two week are CRUCIAL to the company. If you could just comply and NOBODY gets hurt.” 

 

 

    “He’s right, hyung,” Youngjae appeared by Jaebum’s side, “it’s only two more weeks. You’re risking a lot by coming back to Seoul. You DO know that part of Jaebum’s and my stocks are invested in your Park Group, right? Don’t this up.” 

 

 

    “NO!” Jinyoung clung onto Mark desperately, “I want to spend time with my husband! LET. ME.” 

 

 

    “Sir-"

 

 

    “I don’t want to hear it, Jaehwan!” 

 

 

    “But, sir! You’re the Chairman! Please, you can’t just leave!” 

 

 

    “I REFUSE,” Jinyoung whined. “Don’t make me resort to my powers.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan was determined, “I don’t care. You’re going back with me right now, sir.” 

 

 

    In a split second, the Park Jinyoung that was there disappeared. With a threatening look carved within his cold eyes, the Chairman glared at his bodyguard. “Are you challenging my authority right now?” 

 

 

    The room turned awfully quiet. No one dared to move a muscle at the death that’s radiating off of Chairman Park. Jaebum felt bad that Mark was standing so close to that monster. Everyone could feel their throats constricting under the gaze of the Chairman. Jaehwan gulped, giving Mark a glance that seemed to beg for help. Mark just stood there quietly. 

 

 

    “Mark-hyungnim…” Jaehwan said after a long silence, “our Ma-Master listens to you best. Could you, please, tell him to come back? He has responsibilities.” 

 

 

    Mark felt a strong grip on his arm, and, already, he’s ready to drop on his knees right there. Not in the sensual way. In more of a -I-need-to-bow-down-to-you-before-you-split-my-throat kind of way. Sighing, the agent softly called, “Jinyoung.” The grip tightened, digging through the thick material of Mark’s leather jacket. He tried, again, because it’s true. Jinyoung only listens to him. “Sweetheart, come on. You-"

 

 

    “Mark, you don’t love me anymore?” The Chairman stared at Mark expectantly. 

 

 

    Everyone in the room held their breath. If Jinyoung’s ultimate weakness is Mark, then Mark’s ultimate weakness is Jinyoung’s stupidly cute face. And it’s not an advantage when Jinyoung knows that fact. 

 

 

    “I…” Mark paused, staring back at Jinyoung with such softness in his eyes. He sighed again, then turned to look at Jaehwan with a half-assed smile, “I’m sorry, there’s nothing I can do.” 

 

 

    “What-"

 

    

    “I’m taking him home,” Mark said quickly, reaching for Jinyoung’s hand, “um, thanks Youngjae and Jaebum for the dinner. I had a great time. I’m gonna leave now.” And he dragged his husband past the speechless bodyguard. “Good luck, Jaehwan.” 

 

 

    “Wait! No! Hyungnim! You can’t just take our Chairman!” Jaehwan snapped out of his shock and hurried after the couple that just left. When he reached outside of the mansion, they were already in Mark’s car. “HYUNGNIM! Give him back! You can’t kidnap him! He needs to go back! PLEASE!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung broke into a smile, so wide and happy that the wrinkles etched graciously at the corners of his eyes. He looked down at his and Mark’s intertwined fingers. Pulling down the car’s window and poking his head out, Jinyoung shouted, “I expect a lot from you, Jaehwannie~ Don’t you dare  up~” 

 

 

    “No…” Jaehwan just helplessly watched the car drove away. “Give back my Master… Hyungnim, I thought you were stronger than this…”

 

 

    Youngjae placed a hand on the poor bodyguard’s shoulder, “being with Jinyoung for so long, you should know that Mark can’t stand it whenever Jinyoung pulls that you-don’t-love-me-anymore card.” 

 

 

    “It’s okay,” Jaebum placed his hand on the poor bodyguard’s other shoulder, “I would offer for you to stay the night and catch a flight back tomorrow, but… Please, get out of my house.” 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Opening his eyes to the little creak of sunlight peeping through the small window of this wrecked place, Mark groaned as a small headache settled in unexpectedly. He turned his head, already drained physically. Thank God they decided to feed him more these days. Because if they starved him for another month, he won’t last for another minute. There are limits to everything. Mark can be as talented and well-trained as he is, but the battle against hunger is an absolute loss no matter what. In the end, he’s human. And humans need food. 

 

 

    Mark tried to move his arms, but the rattling of the chains annoyed the out of him. He couldn’t believe it’s been three months, probably going on to four, and he’s still here. This Hellhole was slowly crawling into his skin. He’s going insane. And he could taste it on the tip of his tongue. This enclosed space that’s thick with the smell of his own blood gradually grew on Mark. Leaning his weak body against the rough surface of the dirty wall, Mark tried so hard to think of an escape. But nothing came to his inspiration. The lack of nutrients continued to make him dumber by the seconds. He could barely think about anything without wanting to bang his head against the wall to just relieve this insanity already. All he wants so desperate right now is probably to die a quick death. 

 

 

    But no matter how many times he tried, Mark couldn’t bring himself to die. 

 

    

    Mark needs to see Jinyoung one last time, if he’s going to kill himself. 

 

 

    “Good grace,” Daniel entered as soon as the metal door opened, “you look ridiculous, Mark. Have you not been eating well?” 

 

 

    The agent didn’t reply, just rolled his eyes and scoffed. The Englishman walked over with such lightness in his steps and a cynical smile plastered permanently on his face. Mark hated that smile. He’s been here long enough to know that smile meant no good. That smile always meant Daniel was in the mood for a satisfying beat-up or horrid torture. Mark wasn’t sure each time, so it’s always a surprise. 

 

 

    “Not talking again?” Daniel sighed, but that exasperated expression was immediately replaced with a beaming, sinister smile, “that’s okay, because I have something really special to show you, Mark! You’ll love it!” 

 

 

    Mark doubt it.

 

 

    He won’t love it. 

 

 

    He’ll hate it. 

 

 

    And he was right. 

 

 

    “Come on in, Matthew!” The mafia boss called, hand waving like an excited child.

 

 

    The moment this so-called Matthew stepped through the door, Mark thought he had never seen anything more horrifying than this. The man standing in front of him was the definition of a walking horror. Mark wanted to throw up. “You… No ing way…” 

 

 

    “Yes! Mark, yes!” Daniel grabbed Matthew’s shoulders and stared at his new face, “isn’t it great, Mark? I’ve spent months and lots and lots of money just to get him to look this… Wow… Even now, I’m still amazed…” 

 

 

    Mark shook his head in disbelief, “you’re a ing monster. There’s no way you-"

 

 

    “Oh, come on, Markie~ One compliment on my hard work would be nice!” 

 

 

    “No. You’re ing insane!” 

 

 

    “Mark! Matthew could do everything that you could! He can cook, clean, fight, even speak like you! Come on, speak, Matthew! Impress our guest!” 

 

 

    Matthew smiled easily and gave Mark a curt nod, “we’ve finally get to meet, huh.” 

 

 

    The voice. The ing voice. Mark almost threw up, realizing how similar it sounded to his own. “How… H-how?” 

 

 

    Daniel just smirked, “what did I told you, Mark? What I want, I will get!” 

 

 

    Mark wished this was all just some sort of nightmare. He wished he could wake up from all of this. But it wasn’t a nightmare. It was his reality. For the first time that he’s been locked up, Mark felt hopeless. He could hear the mocking of these filthy walls, hear the laughters of the chains that tied him down, hear the beats of his heart slowed down into nonexistence. Mark just stared. The subject of the beautiful advancement of technologies stood proud and gorgeous in front of Mark’s dull eyes. This was it. This was where it all ends-

 

 

    Wait. 

 

 

    He can’t give up just yet. 

 

 

    There’s hope. 

 

 

    There’s-

 

    

    Mark burst out laughing like a maniac, grabbing his empty stomach because it hurts from laughing too hard. He seen it. He'd seen the hope! Mark couldn’t believe he decided that his life was over just seconds ago. How could he be so blind? How could he not notice such an obvious mistake that they made on that face? They haven’t even started yet they already ed up. 

 

 

    “What are you laughing at?” Daniel’s grin faded, now an irritated frown etched on his face, “what’s so funny?!” 

 

 

    Shaking his head and wiping away his tears, Mark his dried lips and laid his head back against the wall, “nothing, Craig. You’re doing great. Continue. Who knows~ You might get what you want~” 

 

 

    “What does that mean? Why are you suddenly like this?” Even Daniel knew that blazing spark in the agent’s previous lifeless eyes meant something was up. 

 

 

    Mark shrugged, “I don’t know. I think your friend, Matthew, here is quite a masterpiece.” He took a good look at the man from head-to-toes, “he’s very pretty~” 

 

 

    “Wha-"

 

 

    “And you said he could do whatever I could?” Mark smiled widely, “that’s so nice! Not anyone could do everything that I can~ Also, really props for you for making his voice sounds so much like mine. That’s some skills right there.” 

 

 

    “Mark Tuan, what are you-"

 

    

    “Hey, Matthew, are you confident?” Mark gazed into the man’s eyes. 

 

 

    Without missing a beat, the corners of Matthew’s lips lifted up in a, literally, matching smile, “of course. Can’t be too difficult if the transformation is this perfect.” 

 

 

    “Hmmmm. Very brave. I like that,” Mark winked, leaning back against the wall, “carry on. I’m really curious now.” 

 

 

    “You cocky bastard!” The mafia boss roared as he stomped on his prisoner’s kneecap, digging his heel into the limb harshly to add the burning pressure. “I WILL GET THAT CODE! THEN PARK GROUP WILL BE MINE!” 

 

 

    Mark didn’t make a sound even if he’s in indescribable pain, instead he smiled softly, “good luck.” 

 

 

    “Oh, and Park Jinyoung will be mine, too!” 

 

 

    “Okay, now, that’s a stretch. But good luck anyways.” 

 

 

    Annoyed at Mark’s total composure, Daniel spat on the agent’s face and removed his foot. Fixing his suit, Daniel cracked an angry smile, “it will all be mine soon. I just need that code. And Matthew just needs to Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    At the disgusting mention of his husband, Mark glared. But he quickly regained his cover and moved his eyes to look straight at Matthew. “It’s cute how you all thinks Jinyoung wouldn’t know every single inch of my body.” Mark wanted to laugh again. Because even his own parents probably won’t know his body as well and thorough as his husband does. Honestly, it won’t be surprise to Mark if Jinyoung happens to know exactly how many moles he has on his face and where they’re all located. Or if someone were to blindfold Jinyoung and tell him to pick out Mark in a sea of people and he’ll accurate sniff out Mark in seconds. 

 

 

    That’s how obsessed Jinyoung is. And Mark knows. 

 

 

    So there’s no way Jinyoung would fall into such petty tricks like this.  

 

 

    “He wouldn’t,” Matthew said, quite sure of his own words. 

 

 

    Mark quirked an eyebrow, genuinely confused and a bit surprised, “what?” 

 

 

    “Your marriage with each other is just to make sure you won’t kill him. Park Jinyoung is void of emotions. He wouldn’t care if he’ll give up his entire life to live with someone else who could benefits him. You give him the benefit of a life. Keeping you close meant he could keep a better eye on you. He’s taking caution. Must have threatened you with your family, so you could sign those marriage papers.” 

 

 

    “…” Mark had never heard such bull coming so confidently from the mouth of a bull person. But he didn’t wanted to kill Matthew’s vibe. 

 

 

    “You two hate each other. There’s no way you would be close to a person like Chairman Park.” 

 

 

    “Huh, you right, I totally hate that spoiled son-of-a-,” the agent nodded, trying so bad to hold in his laughter. All this only meant that they don’t know about Mark’s and Jinyoung’s relationship. That’s fine. Let them think that. After pushing down the feelings and calming himself, Mark looked up at Matthew, “okay, but you guys are contradicting yourself. If he hates me, then what makes you think you could use me to get the code from him?” 

 

 

    “No one could possibly be as close to him as his husband.” 

 

 

    Mark opened his mouth to say something, but looking at the stupidity in front of him, he decided to just keep whatever he wanted to say to himself. Again, he didn’t wanted to kill anyone’s vibe. So he just nodded, sarcastically agreeing to whatever bull this was. Well, more advantages to Mark. He ain’t complaining. He’s winning anyways. 

 

 

    “You think all of this is funny, don’t you?” Daniel growled, ready to reach out and grab the collar of the weakened agent’s battered shirt. 

 

 

    “No, no, no, no way,” Mark shook his hand, waving his hands, making the chains clattered together, “I think you guys are doing great. Keep doing what you’re doing actually.” 

 

 

    “We will,” Daniel reached into Mark’s shirt. 

 

 

    “Get your ing hands off of me!” 

 

 

    The Englishman wrapped his rough fingers around the ring worn around Mark’s neck. He yanked the necklace off in one smooth motion. Mark was about to protest, but the mafia boss had stopped those curses with a slap across the agent’s already bruised face. Daniel smirked, holding the necklace out in front of him and admiring the silver band dangling from it. “We just need this.” 

 

 

    Mark could taste the blood in his mouth pouring from the force of that slap. He spat out the blood, watching it soaked into the concrete of the ground. The blood stained a ranging red just like his heart. He should have seen this coming. Of course they would take his wedding ring from him. 

 

 

    “Let’s go, Matthew. We have to make it look like you’ve been locked up for months. Let this piece of rots here where he belongs.” 

 

 

    The blood stained deeper as each seconds ticked by. Mark didn’t watched them leave. He only watched his sanity snuck through the opened door with them. Slumping his tired body back against the wall that he now accepted as his home, Mark closed his eyes. A smile danced on his bloody lips. 

 

 

    “ him?” Mark laughed, finding the entire situation way too amusing, “please, you’ll be lucky enough to even step half a foot into his bedroom.” 

 

 

    Part of him was begging him to figure out something. To get out. To go see Jinyoung again. 

 

 

    But then there’s that other part. The part that just wants him to lie there in assurance, because Jinyoung will definitely come for him. 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    “YOUNGJAE!” Jackson secured his arms around the doctor’s torso. “Calm down! You can’t go in there!” 

 

 

    “ing let me go!” Youngjae struggled persistently. “Did you see what they’ve done to him?! Are you seeing this?! Jackson, they called themselves his parents, yet they-"

 

 

    “I know, Youngjae, I know, so please,” the agent begged. 

 

 

    The doctor stopped resisting. He took a look at Jackson’s face. The past weeks have been Hell for the agent. Youngjae could clearly see those heavy dark circles and slightly pale skin. Jackson looked like he haven’t slept peacefully in weeks. But Youngjae haven’t been sleeping probably in months. “Jackson, I want to go in there. Let me go in, please. I need to, please, I’m begging you. Please, if you’ve ever been my friend. Just this once.” 

 

 

    Jackson didn’t react for a bit. He wasn’t going to let it happen, because he’s been giving strict orders. But his heart ached when he saw that desperate look on Youngjae’s tired face. Even so, they are friends. The agent sighed and nodded, “okay, but only for five minutes. I don’t want you in there when they come back. I’d rather die then let them butcher you to pieces in front of me while I can’t do anything about it.” 

 

 

    “Thank you so much, Jackson. Thank you!” Youngjae finally smiled, pulling his friend into a hug. “I owe you for this. I swear I’ll make it up-"

 

 

    “Save it. I don’t need it. Just go in, Youngjae. He needs you,” Jackson waved his hand, casually moved aside and opened the door. 

 

 

    Nodding, Youngjae entered the room. Suddenly, his lungs felt constricted. He forced himself to keep moving forward. Each step he took weighted him down even more. The guilt buried deep in Youngjae’s heart sprung awake at the sight of the person on the hospital’s bed. Youngjae thought all his tears had dried out. Yet, there he stood, tears streaming down his face as he covered his mouth with his shaking hands. It was all too much. Seeing Jaebum lying there helplessly had tore Youngjae apart. He knew how much he’s been missing his husband. But he didn’t know how much seeing his husband again would be this devastating to him. If only Youngjae didn’t leave. If only Youngjae had trusted Jaebum more. 

 

 

    Youngjae moved closer, hand reaching out to touch Jaebum’s face. “I’m so sorry…” Tears won’t stop pouring as he cried quietly. Time shouldn’t be spent crying by Jaebum’s bed like this, but what could Youngjae do? Everything was his fault. He thought he could save Jaebum by staying away in the time when Jaebum needs him the most. Why didn’t he just trust that they would go through this together? Why-

 

 

    “Youngjae…?” 

 

 

    “J-Jaebum,” the doctor gasped, quickly pulled his hand away and about to turn to leave. 

 

 

    “N-no,” Jaebum held on weakly to his husband’s wrist, “don’t go, please.” 

 

 

    “Jaebum, w-we can’t-"

 

 

    “Stay, please.”

 

 

    Because they knew each other too much. Because they feel for each other too much. Because they miss each other too much. Because their love for one another overwhelmed them both. Or just because somewhere deep within Youngjae had hoped that Jaebum would forgive him. Youngjae nodded as he pulled a chair and sat down next to the bed. Jaebum sighed, watching Youngjae with a small smile. They stayed silence, because words weren’t needed to express how much they yearned for each other in these past months. With each other’s presence, it was like a huge dark cloud had been lifted. 

 

 

    Youngjae helped Jaebum to sit up after the older demanded softly with a little pout. “Careful or you’ll open those cuts…” Youngjae said. 

 

 

    “If that means I get to see you, then I don’t mind entirely,” Jaebum smiled cheekily. 

 

 

    “You still have the energy to joke around?” 

 

 

    “Anything for you, love.” 

 

 

    Taking Jaebum’s hand, Youngjae placed a soft kiss on where the scars showed themselves on his husband’s wrist. “I’m so sorry, Jaebum. I didn’t know. I shouldn’t have…”

 

 

    “Are you regretting it?” Jaebum asked, eyes still sparkling and heart fluttering at Youngjae’s kisses on his burning skin. “You know, it’s not too late. I’ll take you back.” 

 

 

    “Jaebum…”

 

 

    “I forgive you. You didn’t do anything wrong. I completely understands why you did what you did. But you’re here now. It means you realized that you’re wrong and stupid, right?” 

 

 

    “Jaebum-ah…”

 

 

    “I’m saying,” Jaebum went on, ignoring the choking feeling at his throat and the tears that already fell, “I’m-I’m saying that you can come home now, Jae-ah. I-I miss you so much.” 

 

 

    “Jaebum, you know that we-"

 

 

    “Please, come back to me… Tell me you still love me, Youngjae. You still do, right? Or because I look like this now that you don’t anymore… I’m sorry that I’ve hurt myself. I know how much you hate it, but I… I was in so much pain… I was missing you so much. I didn’t know what-what to do. I just wanted to see you again.”

 

 

    Youngjae just stared. He took in every detail of the man in front of his very eyes. “God, Jaebum, I love you so much,” he leaned in and connected their lips in a wistful kiss. They wished the kiss would last longer, because they missed the feeling so much, but now wasn’t the time or place. Youngjae slowly pulled away, letting his lips lingered a little bit more. Resting their foreheads together, his tears spilt again. He couldn’t bare to part again. After seeing how much Jaebum suffered, everything just ing hurts. And Youngjae wishes for all of this to stop. He wants to be able to hold Jaebum again without having to worry about their worlds breaking apart. 

 

 

    “Come back with me, Jae-ah,” Jaebum wiped his husband’s tear away and held his hands, “I promise I’ll protect you. Please, I need you, Youngjae. Don’t leave me again, please.” 

 

 

    “I-"

 

 

    “Get your filthy hands off my son!” The booming voice belonged to none other than Master Im, whose face red with anger. He dashed over and ripped Youngjae hands away from Jaebum. “How dare you?!” 

 

 

    “Youngjae!” Jackson rushed into the room, “I’m sorry, I tried to stop them-"

 

 

    Stop us?” Madame Im glared at the innocent agent, “you were given to guard the door! Yet you let this piece of good-for-nothing, manipulative fox in?!” 

 

 

    Jackson’s jaw clenched, eyebrows knitted together angrily, “I-" 

 

    

    “Get out,” Jaebum hit his fist against the bed. “Not you, Jackson.” 

 

 

    Madam Im pushed past Youngjae and headed over to Jaebum, “Son-"

 

 

    Jaebum smacked her hands away, “don’t ing touch me. I’m telling you two to ing get the out of my face. I don’t appreciate breathing the same air as you greedy bastards.” 

 

 

    “IM JAEBUM!” Master Im roared, hand raising as an attempt to strike down on his own son. His wife quickly caught his arm. Only then did Master Im lowered his hand, but the rage still stuck within the pits of his eyes like a plague. “You know what, you ungrateful brat, I won’t waste my time trying to talk some sense into you anymore.” 

 

 

    “Good,” Jaebum scoffed, “I don’t ing want to hear whatever bull that comes out of your mouth anyways.” 

 

 

    Jackson noticed that disgusting smirk on Master Im’s face. But the agent was late a step. Master Im turned around and landed a hard slap across Youngjae’s face. The entire room crumbled with the pressure and harsh sound of that abuse. Youngjae froze from where he stood, cheek turning red with tints of purple in matters of seconds. 

 

 

    “YOUNGJAE!” The helpless young master ripped the IV and dragged himself painfully out of bed. He was reaching out, tears b his eyes, “Youngjae!” He was so close yet so far. With a yank of the arm from his mother, Jaebum was pulled back. His body gave out. Jaebum hated this. He promised… He promised he’ll protect Youngjae. But now even his legs couldn’t support him properly. How pathetic. 

 

 

    Taking a glance at his pitiful son, Master Im just crooked a nasty smile, “how’s that, Jaebum? You dare talk down on me again? Instead of raising my hands at you, I could just do it to your beloved husband, yeah?” 

 

 

    Reality hits Jaebum like a storm. This was how it was. It was so unfair and Jaebum hates it so much. Never will he submit under these monsters’ rules. But he couldn’t stand seeing his Youngjae getting hurt because of his pride. Jaebum wanted to scream, to fight, to grab Youngjae and get out, but he was so weak that there weren’t anything he could do except watching his husband taking the punishments for him. 

 

 

    “No, Jaebum, don’t do it,” the doctor finally came back to his senses. His eyes widened with alert. He knew Jaebum too well. “I’m fine, Jaebum, please, don’t do it. You said you’ll fight. So fight, Jaebum-ah. I trust you. Please, please, please, don’t lower yourself for anyone. Even me! Don’t-"

 

 

    “Jackson,” Jaebum dropped his head, fists clenching on his sides, “take Youngjae away.” 

 

 

    “No! NO! Jaebum! NO!” Youngjae shouted, crying and resisting Jackson’s hold, “please, Jaebum, please! I’ll come back to you! I’ll do anything! Jaebum, please! Don’t do it, Jaebum! I’M ING FINE! JAE-"

 

 

    “Stop it, Youngjae-ah,” Jaebum lifted his head, eyes carried the feelings of his broken heart. The color on his husband’s face wasn’t pretty. Jaebum wished he could paint over that ugly red with a beautiful crimson of his own. “Youngjae, I promised I’ll protect you. And I will.” 

 

 

    Shaking his head as more tears rolled down his cheeks like raindrops, Youngjae’s lips quivered as he forced out the last few words, “no, please, Jaebum, don’t do it. I don’t need protection… Jaebum-ah, I’m perfectly fine. Please, don’t do it for me. Don’t, please… I’ll hate you forever if you do… And I don’t want that. Jaebum, I love you. I love you, so please. Jaebum, please…” 

 

 

    “I’ll always love you, remember that,” Jaebum took one last look at his husband before turning his back completely, “take him away, Jackson, please. I don’t think I can stand any longer.” 

 

 

    Jackson nodded, “come on, let’s go, Youngjae.” Although it broke the agent to pieces, he really couldn’t do anything about it except dragging the poor doctor out of that suffocating room. 

 

 

    “Jaebum-ah…” Youngjae looked at Jaebum’s back as he was pulled away. Youngjae was exhausted and beaten down. He wanted to be the one protecting Jaebum. But in the end, he lost. 

 

 

    He lost to the person he loves the most. 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    “My, my, my,” President Ryu clapped his hands together in excitement. “What did I do to earn such honor!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “I heard someone got a message for me.” 

 

 

    “Mister Chairman! I haven’t seen you for a long time! How have you been?” 

 

 

    “I’m not here to around, Ryu. Tell me what I need to know,” Chairman Park plopped himself down on a cushioned chair. 

 

 

    “A greeting would be nice. I don’t have anything for you. I’ve quit being your little messenger since that Christmas party a long time ago. Why are you even here?” 

 

 

    “Don’t ing pretend like you don’t know . I need that message, now. You can choose to tell me, or I’ll just have Jaehwan takes real good care of you.” 

 

 

    President Ryu gasped, hand on his chest dramatically, “I thought you were laying low? I thought you’ve stepped out of that illegal life? What happened? Are you coming back?” 

 

 

    “Aren’t you a bit too excited?” The Chairman held his head high, “sure, I’ve been out. But because I’ve been in for so long already, it’s hard to just pull out completely. It’s a process.” 

 

 

    “Why did you suddenly left then? Why trying to go clean all of a sudden?” 

 

 

    “That’s none of your goddamn concerns.” 

 

 

    The President shrugged, dropping the topic the moment he sense Death lurking in their air. The man walked over to sit behind his desk. “You know, even if you want to, you can’t pull out, right? You’ve done too much. Way too much. All the people killed under your hands. All the homes you’ve destroyed. All the immoral, disastrous things that you’ve done. You can’t get away from that, Mister Chairman. Your hands are forever stained with the blood of the cruel things you’ve done.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan didn’t seemed the slightest impressed, “watch your mouth. I’m standing right here.” 

 

 

    The Chairman waved for his bodyguard to stay down. He got up and turned to stare out into the view of the island through the glass walls of the office. His hands clasped behind him. The authority and powers still rested magnificently on his shoulders. “I know,” he said, voice light as if it wasn’t such a big deal, “that’s why I’m here in the middle of summer. It’s not my leave yet. I went clean, well, as least tried to, but something important came up. And honestly, because of this something, I don’t mind burning the world down again.” 

 

 

    “Sir…” Jaehwan kept it to himself. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. His master was so serious about leaving the underground life behind. Because he has Mark. His master did everything to make sure Mark will be safe in the future. His master had went to so much measures. If every underground societies and mafia bosses had hated Chairman Park before, they only hated him more now. It became a lot more dangerous for the Chairman on this island. People who held grudges, good or bad, they’re all out to cut his flesh. “Sir, what are you saying-"

 

 

    “Stay out of this,” the Chairman warned, “I don’t need you meddling in with my business, Jaehwan.” 

 

 

    “But sir-"

 

 

    “Get out.” 

 

 

    The bodyguard shut his mouth immediately. He bowed and made his way to the door, feeling an urge to call his hyungnim. One question kept eating at his brain. Does Mark-hyungnim knows about this? 

 

 

    “A little birdie told me some very interesting news, Mister Chairman.”

 

 

    “That’s why I’m here, Ryu.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan heard them. He laid his hand on the handle of the door hesitantly. Every nerve on his body were screaming at him to step in. Because his master seemed to be forgetting that he has the responsibility of a husband to a very righteous man. Because his master seemed to willingly let himself fall into that dark abyss again. 

 

 

    “I can’t believe someone like him would be snatch so easily by Craig, honestly.” 

 

 

    “Stop trying to get me to expose myself. I’m here for the ing message that ing bastard told you to relay to me.”

 

 

    Betraying his natural instinct of being a Kim who’s continuing the long Park-Kim tradition of master-and-servant, Jaehwan decided to eavesdrop, something he had never done before. But he’s not risking his dear master’s life again. 

 

 

    “Agent Tuan should appreciates, huh. You’re jumping into a pit of fire for him.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “It was a total surprise that you gave him that Head Bodyguard position a long time ago. The whole island was thrown into confusion, did you know? Since everyone had hated him so much, because of that Christmas incident. Yet, you allowed him into Park Group. How brave, Mister Chairman. I expected nothing less. And I don’t really blame you. Agent Tuan is a very gorgeous man.” 

 

 

    “Get to the ing point.” 

 

 

    “Is there something I should know before I give you the message?” 

 

 

    “Are you demanding things from me now?” 

 

 

    “Of course not, sir! How could I? Just plain curiosity.” 

 

 

    “Agent Tuan is an elite American agent who’s here on Korea’s soil as a representative. If he dies here, a World War is bound to happen. Does that answer your dumb curiosity?” 

 

 

    “But you’re not here on the President’s orders, Mister Chairman. You’re here on your own. So that excuse doesn’t really apply now, does it?” 

 

 

    A drawn out silence. Jaehwan held his breath. Still confused, but he got the grasp of what was going on. Mark is in trouble. Of course, why did he doubt his master? Only Mark Tuan have the powers to make Park Jinyoung suddenly go insane like this. And only Mark Tuan have the powers to tame an awakened Beast. 

 

 

    But someone like Mark wouldn’t really need help from the Chairman himself. Unless the agent really did got himself into some deep . 

 

 

    “I don’t have all day.” 

 

 

    “Sorry, sir. Again, just curious. I mean the timeline adds up and everything. You did go clean after you’ve met Agent Tuan so I just thought-"

    

 

    “You can give me the message or you can keep talking nonsense, and I’ll have your head hung in front of this building. You should know how much I enjoy torture and hanging people, Ryu.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir. My apologies for offending you, sir.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan rolled his eyes. What a fake. 

 

 

    “Message, now.” 

 

 

    “Right. This is the message, sir.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan was sure the silence that came around the second meant that President Ryu was handing something to the Chairman. But the longer the silence, the more anxious Jaehwan became. 

 

 

    “I knew you would do this,” the Chairman’s voice rang loudly and clearly, startling his bodyguard. 

 

 

    “S-sir!” The bodyguard froze. “I-I… Sir, I"

 

 

    “You’ve been with me since I was a high school student, Jaehwan. You should know me better than anyone else besides Mark. You’re still here, because you knew I wouldn’t punish you for this.” Chairman Park grabbed the handle and pushed the door open. He walked out, not waiting for a second, because he knew Jaehwan would be right behind him. 

 

 

    “And you’re the only one who knows me the best, sir,” Jaehwan said, “you knew I wouldn’t simply walk out.” 

 

 

    “Yes, you would,” Jinyoung halted, turning on his heels to face Jaehwan with a doting smile. “You would simply walk out in the past. Because you were so wholeheartedly loyal to me. And you were so young. You only had me as someone you see as family. So you’d listen to everything I say and always seek validation of your actions from me. But things became different, right?” 

 

 

    “Master…”

 

 

    “Since Mark walked in your life, you finally found out that you have another person you could refer to as family. And then, from that, you also found out that you could choose to listen to Mark as well, because technically, he’s your Master, too. He changed you for the better, huh. Now, as you gets older, you’re more rebellious. You start talking back to me more.” 

 

 

    “I didn’t mean it, though…”

 

 

    Jinyoung chuckled, putting a hand on Jaehwan’s shoulder and gave it a squeeze, “I know. You were just thinking about what’s best for me. I get it. I don’t blame you. We’ve became too comfortable with each other. That’s not necessary a bad thing. I hope not. Because I do trust you a lot, Jaehwan-ah. And I’m grateful that I have you by my side. Just want to thank you for paying extra attention to me, because Mark told you to do so.” 

 

 

    “What-"

 

 

    “Don’t think I don’t know you call Mark everyday whenever I’m on my three-winter-month business leave. Don’t think I don’t know you stick extra close to me and stalk the out of me just so you could report back to your 'Mark-hyungnim’ on how I’m doing. Yeah, that’s right, don’t think I don’t know the fact that you literally list my entire daily schedule, precisely and perfectly, out to him. I know. I know it all, Jaehwan. You two always tried to be so secretive about it, but I know.” Jinyoung waited for Jaehwan to press the button on the elevator to get them to the first floor. 

 

 

    “Hyungnim just worries a lot. You know that, sir.”

 

 

    “I know that, too. That’s why you won’t blame me for doing all this, right?” 

 

 

    Jaehwan shook his head and returned the smile. “You and Mark-hyungnim are too important to me. I’ll kill myself if something happens to the both of you. So I wholeheartedly supports whatever ed up you’re cooking up. Let’s just get hyungnim back, yeah?” 

 

 

    Chairman Park stared at his bodyguard amusedly for a while before burst out laughing. He was still laughing as he stepped out of the elevator. A couple of employees turned their heads towards his direction, terrified to see such a cold-hearted and scary Chairman laughing freely. The Chairman shook his head, grinning down at the ground. “You know I don’t cook, Jaehwan. My cooking is terrible.” 

 

 

    “That’s why there’s hyungnim, right?” Jaehwan played along, smirking. 

 

 

    “I just realized something…”

 

 

    “Yes?” 

 

 

    “I ing hate you and Mark so much.” 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    A second. 

 

 

    A minute. 

 

 

    An hour. 

 

 

    Another hour. 

 

 

    Jinyoung could feel the peelings of his patience. His annoyance radiated the entire car, overwhelmed everyone inside. The driver, a random bodyguard, gripped onto the steering wheel tightly out of instinct. The guard’s probably regret losing that drinking game, so now he has to drive the scary Chairman. The atmosphere while the car was moving was already intimidating enough. But now, the car's parked, which only intensified the fear. 

 

 

    The Chairman didn’t seem the slightest bothered by the aura around him. He’s more focused on looking out the car’s window. Jaehwan made eye contact with him from across the field. Wordlessly, just by sending a look, Jaehwan removed himself from leaning against the car and headed over to the Chairman’s car. Jinyoung rolled down the window all the way as Jaehwan approached. 

 

 

    “Sir. Do you think this is a good idea?” 

 

 

    Jinyoung sighed, “I’m not an idiot. I did told you to arm twenty men around this place. I’m taking caution. If they dare with me, I’ll make sure I’ll be the one to blow their brains out.” 

 

 

    “You don’t have to dirty your hands, sir. That’s why I’m here.” 

 

 

    “No, I want to.” 

 

 

    With a nod, Jaehwan didn’t say anything more. From the look of that anxious expression on his master’s face, he knew better than to say unnecessary s. It’s best to just follow orders in this crucial moment. He trusts his master to make the best choices. 

 

 

    They all waited for a while more. At some point, Jinyoung got out of the car and decided to join Jaehwan on the open field. And of course, the moment the Chairman stepped out, all of the bodyguards who trailed behind his car stepped out of their respective cars also. Jinyoung looked around. He has about fifteen men on this field with him and another twenty stayed hidden until he gives further orders. The situation shouldn’t be too bad. If it does gets worse, then he already planned a couple of explosives. He’ll just blow those. Jinyoung won’t this up. 

 

 

    After waiting for another forty minutes or so, two foreign cars pulled up near them. All the bodyguards immediately prepared themselves for any possible threats toward their master. Jaehwan stepped in front of the Chairman out of protective instinct. Jinyoung eyed the car. “Final-ing-ly,” he exhaled softly. 

 

 

    Out from the car, a man in a navy suit stepped out of one of the cars. He wore a serious smile. “Mister Chairman, hello.” 

 

 

    “Who are you?” Jinyoung gently placed a hand Jaehwan’s arm, signaling for the bodyguard to stand down temporary. 

 

 

    The man showed both of his hands, proving that he’s unarmed, “I’m here as the negotiator.” 

 

 

    “Where is he?” Looking past the negotiator, Jinyoung tried to find the person he’s been desperate to see again. 

 

 

    “In the car, sir. I’m just leaving him here and will go by the other car.” 

 

 

    “If you dare pull bull, you’ll be dead before you could even lift another finger.” 

 

 

    The negotiator shook his head, “no, sir. I’m just delivering. And to tell you the terms.” 

 

 

    “What.”

 

 

    “Mister Craig only asks for a private meeting with you, sir.” 

 

    

    Chairman Park scoffed, “just that? He wouldn’t go out his way to kidnap a ing American representative just so he could have a little private chat with me.” 

 

 

    “You are absolutely right, sir. But that’s all Mister Craig told me to let you know.” 

 

 

    Thinking for a few seconds, the Chairman nodded, “I’ll have Ryu let him know when I would like to meet up.” 

 

 

    “Perfect!” The negotiator clapped his hands together and smiled a bit weirdly, “thank you, sir. Now, I will leave you be.” 

 

 

    The man got into the other car and drove off. The night became still again. The bodyguards scanned around carefully, still on full alert just in case of mishaps. Jaehwan looked back as his master, whose face remained neutral and unreadable. Seeing that he won’t get a different reaction from the Chairman, Jaehwan turned back towards the car. “Come out!” He shouted, hoping that’s loud enough. Then he held his breath. 

 

 

    The car’s door opened and he stepped out. 

 

 

    Because Jinyoung misses that face so much, he let his guard down. 

 

 

    Jaehwan swallowed back the rising emotions and gave quick orders to the other bodyguards, “on your knees! Face to the ground!” He could already felt his master’s guard dropping at a lightning rate next to him. His master’s marriage was a secret, and Rose Corps were not to be completely trusted despite them trained as Park Group’s personal men. Jaehwan’s going to make sure no one witnesses this. 

 

 

    “Sir,” Jaehwan bowed after seeing the other bodyguards did exactly as told. He retreated back into his car, letting the two have some alone time. 

 

 

    Jinyoung didn’t know anything else. Everything became too blurry around him. The only thing that’s clear was the man standing a couple of feet away. He knows he’s still in Jeju. He knows that on this island he’s not Park Jinyoung but Chairman Park. And he knows Chairman Park shows no mercy and has no heart. But the moment he saw his missing husband stepped out of that car, Jinyoung was willing to throw everything away. He didn’t care anymore. All he wanted was to have his husband in his arms. 

 

 

    Rushing over, Jinyoung opened his arms and pulled “Mark” into his embrace. The feeling of seeing his face again was too overwhelming that Jinyoung forgets everything else. Forget that he has to be on full alert no matter what. Forget that he has to be sharp. Forget that he has to read people. But seeing "Mark" triggered so many feelings within his poor wrecked heart. 

 

 

    “Mark” wrapped his arms around Jinyoung, “hey.” 

 

 

    To Jinyoung’s ears, that voice sounded a bit strained. But Jinyoung brushed it off, because “Mark” looked like he went to war and came back. His husband was tired, Jinyoung knew. “Let’s get you home.” He pulled away, taking another good look at his husband’s face. 

 

 

    Somewhere deep within Jinyoung noticed it. 

 

 

    Usually, hugging Mark would be one of Jinyoung’s favorite things to do. Because Mark was always so warm, always gives Jinyoung that relaxing and comforting feeling, always makes Jinyoung feels like he’s home. 

 

 

    But why is this time different…

 

 

    Why doesn’t he felt that usual warmness and love? 

 

 

    Why does it felt so cold? 

 

 

    Why…

 

 

    Jinyoung shrugged off those thoughts. He’s still caught up in his own emotions right now. Seeing Mark’s face again just threw him off track. His current priority was to get his husband back home safely. 

 

 

    Everything else could wait. 

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SoOOooOoOOoooo~ How was it~ I hope you all enjoyed this chapt.~ 

Here's some update about the status of this fic: kinda long-ish so pull a chair and sit down

My writer's block have officially been lifted~ YASSS!!!! HOWEVER, I decided to put this fic on-hold for a while UNTIL all the angst chapters are taken care of in HATE. To those of you who aren't HATE readers, I'm just going to tell you that through the process of writing HATE, my mentality have been ed up psychologically. HATE was so ing dark and violence and angsty that I think I'm like really ed up. The point is, US is also angsty as , so in order to keep me sane and continue with my personal life, I chose NOT to update both of these fic at the same time. At least not until all the angst in HATE subsides, which is a couple more chapters, so US readers you'll be fine. I hope you all understand and respect my decision. I'm sorry that it has to be this way. I really don't want it to. But although I love you guys a lot, I do love myself a bit more haha XD I want a healthy mind lol 'cause right now it's so ed up after all the s I've thought of through the process of writing HATE. Again, I'm so sorry. 

BUT ANYWAYS... I hope my precious readers aren't totally confused lol XD I know it's a bit crazy and dramatic and whatnot, but hey, it'll work out. 

AND ALSO.... There will be A LOT of angst in this fic. The only fluffs are through flashbacks (italicized scenes). And I'll try to include quite a lot of that too, just so I could balance out the angst and dramas and make y'all a bit happy. 

Regarding the new character, Matthew, he was made to be a replica of Mark. So whenever you see ->"Mark" <- it is refering to Matthew. And of course this ->Mark<- is refering to the real Mark. Just to clarify. 

If there's any questions regarding this chapter or anything you're confused about, feel free to ask me, DM me, tweet me @Un_Godly_Hours (I usually tweet out whenever I update or going to do updates or just general fangirling s). 

OKAY. THAT'S ALL (unless I'm forgetting something lmfao I hope not). I HOPE I DIDN'T DISAPPOINT. LEAVE LOTS OF FEEDBACKS~ 

Until next time~ 

###