0 0 3

OPERATION: US (SEQUEL)

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Another chapter for y'all, since I'm feeling bad about not updating for a long time. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 200 SUBS~  YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! NOW enjoy and remember to leave tons of comments~ See you all soon~

###

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    “Where did you get this, Sana?” 

 

 

    “Is was mailed to the hospital. After talking to Youngjae, I went to check the mailbox. It’s addressed to Youngjae, so I figured it was his mail.” 

 

 

    Youngjae patted Jaebum’s arm with a wary smile, “stop interrogating her. She doesn’t know anything.” 

 

 

    The agent sighed, “I’m sorry. It’s been a stressful night.” 

 

 

    Sana offered a kind smile, willingly let go of Jaebum’s forceful attitude, “it’s okay. Seeing Youngjae’s reaction, I thought that letter was important. It’s reasonable for you to be this way. I’ll go make some coffee for you two.” The nurse her heels and disappeared down the halls. 

 

 

    Despite the building pressure, Sana handled it generously without asking any further questions. Youngjae was grateful at how understanding his friend is. He turned to look at Jaebum, heartbreaking at how tired his husband looks. “Why don’t you go to my office and sleep for an hour or two, you look dead.” 

 

 

    “I’m fine,” Jaebum shook his head as he loosens his tie. “I will have to go back in a little bit.” 

 

 

    The doctor sighed at his stubborn husband, “Jae-“

 

 

    “I’m not here to hear you give me an entire full lecture on how getting enough sleep is good for your body, honey,” the agent rolled his eyes. “And isn’t Sana coming back with coffee?” 

 

 

    “I could tell her to bring it to my office. Go and get some sleep, please. Unless you really want to hear my lecture, because-“

 

 

    “Okay, I got it. I’ll go pass out for half an hour, happy?” 

 

 

    “No,” Youngjae bit his lip, “at least an hour.” 

 

 

    “But-“

 

 

    “I’ll sleep with you.” 

 

 

    Jaebum didn’t say anything for a good second, contemplating if he should take up the offer. Pretending to consider about it, Jaebum’s eyebrows knitted together as he rubbed his chin. “Hmmm…”

 

 

    Youngjae rolled his eyes, “come on. I know you won’t refuse.” He grabbed Jaebum’s arm and dragged the agent up on his feet. “We’re both tired and you don’t want to sleep alone, so here I am. Take it or leave it, Jaebum. Your choice.” 

 

 

    With a victorious grin, Jaebum kissed Youngjae’s cheek, “I’ll take it.” 

 

 

    They cuddled up on the comfy couch in Youngjae’s office, sleeping soundingly in each other’s arms. Sana sneaked in a couple of minutes later, placing two thermo mugs of coffee on the table and smiled at the adorable sight of the couple. 

 

 

    “I need to find myself a man like that,” Sana quietly giggled as she closed the office’s door. 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    The news didn't come around until late morning. Jackson and the entire E.C.I. hurriedly scattered themselves all over the labs, trying to retrieve any piece of information regarding their missing captain. The Chief-Commander and Jinyoung were already there. The atmosphere was thick with intensity and suppressed rage. 

 

 

    “It’s Mark’s blood,” JYP said as he heard Jackson’s footsteps approaching. 

 

    

    “What?” Jackson halted right behind the older man. “You mean he ing wrote a ing letter in his own blood?” 

 

 

    “No,” Jinyoung exhaled, scaring everyone else around, because they could see his impatience assaulting everything it touches. “It was written in pen. He was just bleeding all over it.” 

 

 

    Jackson glared at Jinyoung, “why the are you so calm about this, Park? Usually, you’ll be raining Hell already.” Jackson wants a reaction, because he knows what Jinyoung was capable of. The angrier Jinyoung is, the faster they could save Mark. But the Vice Captain was perfectly in control of himself, which surprised the out of Jackson. 

 

 

    JYP stepped in before another petty fight breaks out, “Mark told him to stay low. Agent Wang, I suggest you should calm down. We’re in a crisis situation of a missing representative of the States. The Americans will be after our asses if this gets out. We currently don’t know where Agent Tuan is, so until there’s more news, we will not be doing anything.” 

 

 

    The Chief-Commander’s words slipped through Jackson’s ears like water. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “What?! So we’re not doing anything?! It’s that what you’re telling me? A very important agent is out there, and you’re just going to sit here and wait to see if he sends another letter again? What if you keep on waiting, but he’s already dead? What will you do then? You could have saved him, but no, you decided to sit here and around!” Jackson couldn’t control himself. If no ones else is angry, then, fine, he’ll be the one. Mark doesn’t deserve to get treated like this. 

 

 

    Jinyoung had enough of Jackson’s tantrum, which did nothing but trigger him even more. Vice Captain Park hastily grabbed Vice Captain Wang and roughly dragged him out of the lab. When they were out in the empty halls, Jackson shrugged out of Jinyoung’s grip, eyes flaring with madness of an animal going out of control. Jinyoung didn’t like that look. He didn’t like that he was more in control than Jackson was, when it supposed to be the opposite. Mark definitely had a great influence on his wild temperament. 

 

 

    “Can you calm the down?! Stop acting like a dumb !” JInyoung squeezed his fingers around Jackson’s wrist. “He’s not going to ing appear even if you act like this, so don’t waste your energy on being a child and focus on locating-“

 

 

    “He’ll ing appear if you act like this!” Jackson yelled, broke free of Jinyoung’s grip for the second time. “You’re the ing Chairman of the world, Park Jinyoung! You literally could do whatever the you want! So why aren’t you? I know you care a lot! But why are you like this?” 

 

 

    “I know you ing knows why, Jackson,” Jinyoung slammed Jackson against the wall, caging the E.C.I. agent in with his towering figure of raw power. Jackson could only stares up at a furious Jinyoung helplessly, breathing calmly as he had achieved his goal: to make Jinyoung angry; to make Jinyoung lose control. Because Jinyoung’s nature isn’t human. It’s just that Mark has been taming the Beast this whole time, cooing it to sleep. “You think I don’t want to start a ing war right now? I’ll ing bomb the entire country if that means Mark would come back. But I can’t do . Nobody can do right now. You know why? Because one wrong move and he could die. And if Mark dies, I swear to ing God I’ll start a ing massacre. Don’t think I’m not hungry for blood right now, Jacks.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung pulled away, fists balling tightly and eyes shutting, willing himself down. The process was much easier with Mark, but Mark isn’t here. He’s alone now. And it’s hard for him to control himself. He almost let it slipped. “Let’s not fight over this, Jackson. At least we know he’s somewhat alive. So, let’s stay calm and figure something out. Don’t try to start with me. You know very well that I could kill an innocent person without blinking an eye. I hope you remember that.”  

 

 

    “No, I don’t know,” Jackson sighed. He doesn’t know anything he’s not supposed to know, which was basically everything that begins with Chairman Park. “I only know that Mark and you used to hate each other. That’s all I know. I don’t know anything about your past, Jinyoung. But I know Mark. And to get someone like Mark to hate you that much, you’ve must’ve done some horrible s. I can’t even imagine and won’t. I just want you to do something about this and bring your husband back.” 

 

 

    “It’s good that you don’t imagine, then,” Jinyoung smiled bitterly, his past with Mark came crashing back to him like an unforgettable dark storm. “Sometimes, it’s better for you to not imagine and just go with the flow. I couldn’t imagine being with Mark back then. If the old Park Jinyoung had known that, in the future, he would be married to his worse enemy, he’ll probably kill himself before anything could happens.” 

 

 

    Chuckling amusingly, Jackson had put all their fights behind him. Jinyoung has been a good friend. “Damn. You two got a long history.” 

 

 

    “Something like that,” Jinyoung smirked. “Mark was a .” 

 

 

    Jackson laughed, “tell me about it. He was a back in the States, too. Such a rule-follower. It annoys me so much.” 

 

 

    “But the fact that he’s so pure in his way made me wants to corrupt him. I wanted to see if he could survive. And honestly, I wasn’t disappointed.” 

 

 

    “Well, it is Mark. That bastard knows how to deal with anything.” 

 

 

    “That’s why I…” Jinyoung sighed, “That’s why I trusted him when he said he could deal with it.” 

 

 

    “If he could deal with you, then I’m pretty sure he could deal with everything else,” Jackson pursed his lips in a thin line, thinking hard about something, “but I can’t help but worry. Whatever this is, it’s not simple.” 

 

 

    There was one thing Jinyoung didn’t tell anyone, because it’ll put himself at risk. It’s not like Jinyoung was protecting himself. He was also protecting the others around him. It’s just… 

 

 

    Mark, please tell me what happened to you isn’t what I think it is. It’s impossible. I’ve already cleaned up everything. There shouldn’t be… 

 

 

    Jinyoung was anxious. He’s even more anxious than angry. He just hopes that Mark could really deals with it. If not, then Jinyoung has no other choices. He’ll rather risk everything, even himself, then have Mark’s existence disappearing from his life.

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Youngjae woke up by himself on the couch with Jaebum’s suit jacket draping over his torso. He rubbed his eyes and got up, setting the jacket down on top of the table as the Sun’s bright light shined through the wall of glass windows. Jaebum must have left earlier. Looking around, Youngjae wondered what time is it already. How long has he been asleep? 

 

    

    “It’s eleven?! Oh, my God,” the doctor panicked. He actually slept through his entire night shift. Youngjae quickly went through his closet and grabbed a button-up and some slacks before hitting the shower. After a good ten minutes, he came out all dressed and freshened, smelling like a garden of blooming lavenders. “Why didn’t Sana wake me up?” Youngjae mumbled to himself as he strolled down the halls of his patients’ rooms. 

 

 

    After a quick round of check-ups, Youngjae made his way up to the front. Ryeowook looked up from his computer screen and greeted his doctor friend with a smile. “Good morning, Sleeping Beauty.” 

 

 

    Groaning, Youngjae rolled his eyes, “Sana didn’t wake me.”

 

 

    “Hmmm… So you’re saying it’s her fault?” 

 

 

    “No, but she could have at least wakes me up before I sleeps through night and morning. It’s lunch time for God’s sake!” 

 

 

    The front-desk receptionist smiled sympathetically, “well, I did went in, but someone was very comfortable lying in the arms of someone, so I didn’t want to intrude.”

 

 

    “What time did Jaebum left?” Youngjae asked. 

 

 

    “Around ten, I think,” Ryeowook handed Youngjae a box of kimbap, “oh, he said he’ll be back.” 

 

 

    Youngjae stared at the box, “whose this from? Doesn’t look like Jaebum’s style of kimbap.”

 

 

    “Because it’s not, obviously,” Ryeowook rolled his eyes, “Sana’s apologize gift.”

 

 

    “Tell her I said thanks!” Youngjae smiled, happy that he could temporary fill his empty stomach. He walked to the cafeteria with the container in his hands. Sitting down at his usual spot, Youngjae sighed heavily, remembering what had happened last night. His best friend won’t be joining him at lunch today. 

 

 

    Youngjae casually stuffed himself with Sana’s kimbap while peacefully enjoying the sunny views on the other side of the windows. Today was like any other days, except the disturbing feeling of something bad kept slithering under Youngjae’s skin. He frowned, suddenly lost appetite of the, quite, tasty food. 

 

 

    “I should have known you’re here.”

 

 

    The doctor lifted his head up, mouth still chewing slowly, as he greeted his husband with a nod. Jaebum sat down across from Youngjae, placing a big lunch box on the table. “Apparently, some people didn’t know you’re Im Youngjae?” 

 

 

    Youngjae rolled his eyes, swallowing down the last bits of the kimbap. “Because I’m still Choi. Only people who know you call me Im. Otherwise, it’s Choi. And yes, the hospital just hired a handful of assistants, so they don’t know you. Get in the habit of saying my actual name when you don’t recognize whom you’re talking to, because the newbies isn’t familiarize with a ‘Doctor Im’ who’s a male and a Second-in-Command.”  

 

 

    “That’s no fun,” Jaebum set the table, filling it with containers of freshly made food. 

 

 

    “You’ve just made them?” 

 

 

    “Yeah,” the agent opened the lids of all the containers, “I didn’t get to make much, since I woke up too late and only got enough time to grab some random grocery at the market nearby. I borrowed the hospital’s kitchen.” 

 

 

    Sometimes, even though they’ve already been together through thick and thin, Youngjae still wonders how in the world does he deserves someone like Jaebum, an actual angel sent from the Heavens above to save Youngjae’s lost soul. “You didn’t have to. The cafeteria’s foods are fine.”

 

 

    “But I know you like my foods better,” Jaebum winked, pushing the steamy rice over with a pair of chopsticks. “Here, eat. You’re getting skinnier and skinner. I’m seeing a lot more bones, and it’s making me worried.”

 

 

    “You eat, too. Say ‘ah’~” 

 

 

    “I can feed myself, thank you very much.” 

 

 

    “Ah~” 

 

 

    Sighing, Jaebum complied, opening his mouth and let Youngjae feed him. Giggles erupted from the doctor, “you’re so cute!” 

 

 

    “Eat, Jae.” 

 

 

    Obediently, Youngjae shut up and started busying himself with the generous lunch, devouring dish after dish, and occasionally, reaching over to feed his husband. Jaebum watched with admiration in his eyes, affection washing over like always. Nothing makes Jaebum more happy than seeing his Youngjae healthy and well. Night shifts have come around more often, wearing Youngjae down night by night. And the doctor wasn’t a good caretaker for himself either. Jaebum’s heart hurts a lot, but he couldn’t do anything about it except cooking more foods, knowing how tired and hungry his husband is. 

 

 

    “Youngjae-ah.”

 

 

    “Hmm?”

 

 

    “Next week…” 

 

 

    Chopsticks stopped clanking against the glass container, and Youngjae’s expression grew soft and unreadable. “I know. It’s their death anniversary.” 

 

 

    “I’m sorry…” Jaebum mentally slapped himself, “I just ruined the mood.” 

 

 

    Youngjae shook his head, smiling, and Jaebum knows that it’s a fake smile, “I was going to talk about that. You’re coming this time, too, right?” 

 

 

    “Of course. I always come. They're my parents, too.” 

 

 

    Looking up at Jaebum with a sad smile, Youngjae bit his lip, trying to not breakdown in the middle of lunch, “they loved you a lot, you know.”

 

 

    “I know.” 

 

 

    “It’s just… I just… I wished they were there to see me get married to you. They would have been the most excited.” 

 

 

    Jaebum left his seat and pulled a chair next to Youngjae. He wrapped his arm over the doctor’s shoulders and rubbed his arm in comfort. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have brought this up. Now you won’t eat.” 

 

 

    Shaking his head, Youngjae sighed heavily and picked up the chopsticks again, “it’s fine. We’ve been over this topic many times before. It’s okay. Really.” 

 

 

    “I feel bad now.” 

 

 

    “It’s fine. I’m fine.”

 

 

    The agent scoffed, mumbling under his breath, “no, you’re not.” 

 

 

    Youngjae decided to ignore that and resumed to eating, internal organs desperately trying to regain appetite. His parents have always been a sensitive topic to him. He missed them a lot. And he regretted not being able to save them both. 

 

 

    Jaebum took Youngjae’s left hand, running his thumb over the mildly rough hand of a doctor. He slipped the gold wedding ring off smoothly, causing Youngjae to look at him curiously. “What are you doing-“

 

 

    Digging into his pants’ pocket, Jaebum pulled out a silver chain, and lets it slides in the ring, making a pretty necklace. He held up the chain with Youngjae’s ring attached, smiling proudly, “now you don’t have to worry about it ending up in someone’s stomach.” 

 

 

    “Jaebummie…” 

 

 

    “Compensate for ruining the mood. Here, let me put it on for you.” 

 

 

    Still a bit surprised and touched, Youngjae turned his back to Jaebum, letting his husband to clasp the necklace around his neck. When it was done, Youngjae couldn’t stop touching the ring that’s now presented at a more convenient place. It’s easier to play with, too. “Thank you!” Youngjae grinned, leaning over to kiss Jaebum’s cheek, “I love you.” 

 

 

    “God, I’ve been waiting all day to hear you say those words,” Jaebum returned the kiss with one under Youngjae’s jaw, “I love you, too.” 

 

 

    “What am I going to do without you, Jaebum…”

 

 

    “Worse?” 

 

 

    “Haha. You wish.” 

 

 

    “Wow. That hurts.” 

 

 

    Youngjae laughed, patting Jaebum’s back like they’re some kind of old friends. “Life’s hurts. Deal with it.” 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    Darkness has become a friendly companion in the midst of these ragged walls and strong odor of blood. Clashes of chains against the hard ground echoed deep between the rooms, cursing loudly at the unfortunate happenings as days drawn longer. Footsteps grew closer and closer by the seconds. Soon, the screams of the old metal door shrilled through the thick air. 

 

 

    Mark opened his eyes as the blindfold was removed. He stared straight ahead at his captor. Despite being a bit cut up and bruised, Mark’s physical state could still suffer a lot more. He had trainings for situations like this, where he’s helplessly chained up and couldn’t find an escape, yet. He could hold out much longer. 

 

 

    “Very well, Mark Tuan,” the thick, silky British accent of the man already had Mark figuring out whom he’s dealing with. That person, none other than the mafia boss from England from those years ago, Daniel Craig. “We’ve met again.” 

 

 

    “I don’t recall who you are?” Mark played dumb. Let’s see how far this could get him. 

 

 

    “Daniel, Daniel Craig. Knowing my name would be enough.”

 

 

    Mark scoffed, “I don’t care who you are. What do you want from me?” 

 

 

    Daniel waltzed towards a chair and pulled it over in front of Mark, “simple. Informations.” 

 

 

    “On?” 

 

 

    “Chairman Park.” 

 

 

    Of course. Mark wasn’t surprised. He just didn’t expect for Daniel to return. 

 

 

    “I don’t know anything,” the agent answered, voice confident and annoyed. “I’ve already told your men that.” 

 

 

    The mafia boss shook his head in disapproval at Mark’s lies, “oh, no, no, no, you do. You were his personal bodyguard.” 

 

 

    “That was a long time ago. And it was only for those three months that he was on his annual business leave. After that, we don’t contact each other again.” Mark was pushing his own risks, testing if he could continue lying like this. 

 

 

    “I don’t believe you.” Daniel crossed his arms against his chest, blue eyes piercing malice through the agent’s dark orbs. “You have to know something. You work at the same place as him.” 

 

 

    “What do you assume I know?” 

 

 

    “He’s married, isn’t he?” 

 

 

    “I don’t know. Why don’t you ask him?” 

 

 

    “Don’t play smart with me, boy,” the English man roughly kicked Mark right in the agent’s stomach. “I was wondering where he’s been all these years. He’s laying so low. And then, seeing he’s wearing a wedding ring. It all make senses that he left the underworld to be with his wife.” 

 

 

    Mark wants to laugh, because why does all these mafia bosses just assume that Jinyoung would end up with a lady. But then this also meant that Daniel doesn’t know about Mark. In order to protect Mark, Jinyoung has a strict restriction that no one outside the K.N.S.S., except for a few closest friends, can know about Chairman Park’s personal life, including his marriage to Mark Tuan. The agent took this as an advantage. “I’m sorry, but I’ve got no interested in Park Jinyoung’s personal life or who he’s married to or ing. I don’t ing care. Mind you, but I hate that selfish son-of-a-.” 

 

 

    “Oh, it’s that so?” Daniel tilted his head, “but you do know that Park Group was seventy percent illegal. And that Park Jinyoung was literally the Boss of the biggest underground organization and has thousands others under his command; he was the King down here, the ing Crown Prince of Hell at such a ripping young age. Now, his company is probably a hundred percent cleansed of everything. I could understand that. He has a family now. It’s best to be a righteous person.” 

 

 

    “Again, I don’t care. And I don’t know anything, so you’re just wasting your efforts here. I don’t want to get involve with the underground societies.” 

 

 

    “Don’t say that! I’m determined to get something out of you.” 

 

 

    “Listen, you’re mistaken. Jinyoung and I hate each other’s guts. We can’t stand each other. I hate him. And he hates me. Feeling’s completely mutual. So whatever going on in his goddamned life has nothing to do with me.” Mark was drowning in his own bitterness, forcing himself to say those words he didn’t meant. But there was no other choice. He can’t expose himself. Because if he’s exposed, they will use him against Jinyoung. And Mark knows that’s already enough for Jinyoung to fall to his knees. 

 

 

    There were rage and something dark in Daniel’s eyes, “all I want is a name and a location. Just give it up already, Tuan.” 

 

 

    “I don’t ing know.” 

 

 

    Daniel decided to take the more 'civil' route. “At least tell me if she’s pretty? I mean, it’s a shame that someone as beautiful as Chairman Park is already taken, because , I would him in a heartbeat.” 

 

 

    Except you can’t. So, don’t dream about it, .

 

 

    “He only fits with someone else who’s as gorgeous and graceful,” turning to Mark with a strange smile, “like you, Mark.” 

 

 

    , did he catch on?

 

 

    Mark rolled his eyes, “no, thank you. I’d rather die than get on the same bed as that monster.” 

 

 

    The agent’s comment made Daniel doubled up in laughter. “What is wrong with you! How could you reject such elegant masterpiece! You must be blind! Are you, Mark?” 

 

 

    Mark smirked, “I hope you didn’t forget the s he had done. An elegant masterpiece isn’t elegant anymore when it’s tainted.” 

 

 

    For some reason, the mafia boss wore an offended expression as he slapped Mark across the face, hard. “You American trash! You and your stupid rules! Truly, does not know how to appreciate art!” 

 

 

    Mark was having enough of this bull. He didn’t held out this long to get continuously beaten. But he has to if it meant that Jinyoung is protected. He just hopes that letter had already reached his husband, stopping him from doing something reckless. Mark willingly does anything to keep Jinyoung away as long as possible. Sneering, Mark spat out the blood that’s pouring from his gum. “You’re not going to get away with this. You’ve just kidnapped a representative of the States. You’re so ed. They’re not going to leave you alone.” 

 

 

    “I’ll see if they could even try to get me, kid,” the mafia boss laughed amusingly. “You’ve got a smart mouth, but sooner or later, it’ll be the reason for your death. Lock him up in the other room. Don’t feed him until he says the words I want to hear.” 

 

 

    As the guards dragged Mark up to his feet and unchained him, Mark roared loudly with stern confidence, “you’re going to regret this! They’ll hunt you down and burn you alive!” 

 

 

    Daniel exhaled, relaxing under the smell of dried blood. He turned to one of his guards. “Message the Chairman. Tell him we got his precious guard dog.” 

 

 

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

 

    “Sir, I don’t think Mark Tuan is going to talk anytime soon. He’s putting up quite a fight.”

 

 

    “As expected of one of the best. Leave him be. Starvation can overcome everything.” 

 

 

    “Sir, may I suggest something?”

 

 

    “What is it?” 

 

 

    “We’re not sure if Mark Tuan even has anything important to tell. Maybe what he was saying was true. He really doesn’t know anything. Chairman Park is a careful person. It’ll be reasonable.”

 

 

    “So what do you suggest?”

 

 

    “Shouldn’t we go for a better target here?”

 

 

    “And that would be?” 

 

 

    “His best friend, sir.”

 

 

    “Best friend?” 

 

 

    “Yes, Doctor Choi Youngjae.”